Forum Settings
Forums

Do you tell people that they have shit taste?

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 23, 2019 1:14 AM

Aug 2018
No because what the fuck do I care what they like / dislike. If they're enjoying themselves then what I say won't mean shit to them. If it does it means they're incapable of thinking on their own and forming their own taste.
warning this idiot is a professional retard
Jul 23, 2019 2:53 AM

Oct 2018
katsucats said:
goathead said:
I have a friend who told me that shows like Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell were garbage. I told him that his taste is garbage. If you don't acknowledge widely acclaimed media well then sorry for you. I mean it doesn't have to be in your taste, hell Marvel movies are not my taste at all, but I wouldn't dare say it's garbage if it's widely acclaimed.
So if everyone told you the Earth is flat, it must be a worthy idea!

I don't see the relation to what I said.
Jul 23, 2019 3:01 AM

Jan 2016
what in the world is shit taste?
is shit taste means not my taste?
Jul 23, 2019 3:14 AM
Aug 2017
I do point out why I did/didn't find that particular anime enjoyable, and that's about it. Why would I criticize other people's tastes?
Jul 23, 2019 4:45 AM
Jul 2018
goathead said:
katsucats said:
So if everyone told you the Earth is flat, it must be a worthy idea!

first you said "i told him that his taste is garbage" and then you said "i mean it doesn't have to be in your taste"
well in japanese comunity ghost in the sell isn't that popular, cowboy bebop is popular though. it is depend on the country itself. so the whole concept of "shit taste" is a fucking bullshit since sometimes anime western community find it good isn't liked by japanese community. OP may not have a shit taste since there is nothing such as shit taste but he has a shitty personality and i can assure that.
Jul 23, 2019 4:48 AM

May 2010
Bruh this is the least cohesive thread i've seen in a long time. What are you people on about?

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 23, 2019 5:19 AM

Oct 2018
shirorinkorin said:
goathead said:

first you said "i told him that his taste is garbage" and then you said "i mean it doesn't have to be in your taste"
well in japanese comunity ghost in the sell isn't that popular, cowboy bebop is popular though. it is depend on the country itself. so the whole concept of "shit taste" is a fucking bullshit since sometimes anime western community find it good isn't liked by japanese community. OP may not have a shit taste since there is nothing such as shit taste but he has a shitty personality and i can assure that.

Media doesn't have to be popular to be good. On the other hand something popular doesn't necessarily have to be good. This applies to a lot of stuff. What I want to say is, if a media, anime or whatever gets mostly good ratings then it's not because those who rated it are collective stupidity. So yeah, it may be not in someone's taste, but saying it's garbage is outright wrong. Maybe my "his taste is garbage" was misleading.
Jul 23, 2019 5:20 AM

Jan 2018
IpreferEcchi said:
Do you tell people when their taste is shit in your opinion?

I do. When someone awards a 10 to anime that I gave 6, for example, I tell them they have shit taste. I have a positive view of it because 6 is in the upper half of the scoring system, but it's no masterpiece.

I'm very critical with opinions, especially when it comes to anime. I understand the fact that anyone can like anything--for the very fact that Sword Art Online is one of my favorite anime, however--I know it's flaws, and I know it's more or less a dumpster fire. The same goes for Fairy Tail which I am currently watching through--but you have people who go and defend them both claiming them to be the best anime to ever grace anime's presence.

If the person is like this, I will most definitely make sure it's known they have a shit opinion.

Jul 24, 2019 2:13 AM

May 2018
"Do you tell people that they have shit taste?"

Even if I do they wouldn't believe me.
Jul 24, 2019 3:27 AM

Oct 2010
I don't believe in shit taste, I may make a smiley face when I see some one scoring an anime which I considered trash a 10 but it's not my problem, I'm the guy who rated bepop a 6 and Keijo 9 :))
OneNaughtyBear said:
Only people who have Toradora rated less than 7
what happened with minorin in the final episodes justifies me giving it a low score.
Jul 24, 2019 9:00 AM

Mar 2014
Nope and I don't try to understand the people that do.
Jul 24, 2019 9:08 AM

Apr 2013
Man I no longer care about the notion of shit taste or good taste anymore when it comes to this medium, all that matters to me now is to see who aren't the hype train riders vs folks that just watch something cause it appealed to em, I trust their opinions more. If someone gives something a 10 cause of hype then I can't trust their opinions unless they give me a critical personal reason to why they think said hyped series is a masterpiece.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Jul 24, 2019 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
Taste is a myth perpetuated by automated agents deployed in the Cradle. Being aware of this fact is one of the deciding factors to escaping the gold and proceeding into the various gem ranks, in the grander scheme of the paradigms or CoL it's important to notice distinctions of these kinds, especially if you ever hope to even come close to scratching the top 100
Jul 24, 2019 9:24 AM

Jul 2015
Tsunshine-Chris said:
Only if they talk shit about my favorites first.

I wanna talk shit about half your fav list and praise the other half. Fite me >:c
Jul 24, 2019 9:25 AM

Jun 2019
I do but I usually try to sugarcoat it as much as possible
Jul 24, 2019 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
Nah, I don't like when people insult my taste, so I don't want to be doing the same thing I hate to another person
Jul 24, 2019 9:37 AM

Feb 2019
No I don’t, people can like whatever they like and shouldn’t be judged for it. Whether you love harem shows, or like more sophisticated “deep” shows, you shouldn’t be told that your taste is shit. If people are told that what they like is shit, depending on how their personality is, it might even lead to them trying to “adjust” their tastes just to fit in with others.
To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly.
Jul 24, 2019 10:08 AM

May 2017
no,only when they are hypocritical bout it

taste is taste
Jul 24, 2019 6:48 PM
Jul 2018
goathead said:
I have a friend who told me that shows like Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell were garbage. I told him that his taste is garbage. If you don't acknowledge widely acclaimed media well then sorry for you. I mean it doesn't have to be in your taste, hell Marvel movies are not my taste at all, but I wouldn't dare say it's garbage if it's widely acclaimed.
Anime isn't like science what's right isn't what most professional critics/scientists agree with. What makes good or bad art is subjective.
Jul 25, 2019 1:54 AM

Oct 2018
Peaceful_Critic said:
goathead said:
Anime isn't like science what's right isn't what most professional critics/scientists agree with. What makes good or bad art is subjective.

Oh I agree. I couldn't care less what professional critics say. I don't read reviews for that matter. But for me the score on MAL for example is a very good indication cause it doesn't come from "professionals" but thousands of regular people. So if let's say 100.000 give an average rating of 8, then this anime probably also deserves this 8. Taste is subjective but what makes an anime good is objective. Story, characters, originality, animation, pacing...as I said for example, somebody is bashing the story of Code Geass, well then this person sadly doesn't like it or it's not their taste, but that doesn't make it any less good.
Jul 25, 2019 2:46 AM

Jan 2015
If they ask for my opinion or call my faves shit then I do. But otherwise no, their shit taste won't change because I told them they have one lol.

✧ 미처 말하지 못했어 다만 너를 좋아했어
어린 날의 꿈처럼 마치 기적처럼
시간을 달려서 어른이 될 수만 있다면
거친 세상 속에서 손을 잡아줄게 ༉‧₊˚✧

⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾

Jul 25, 2019 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
goathead said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

Oh I agree. I couldn't care less what professional critics say. I don't read reviews for that matter. But for me the score on MAL for example is a very good indication cause it doesn't come from "professionals" but thousands of regular people. So if let's say 100.000 give an average rating of 8, then this anime probably also deserves this 8. Taste is subjective but what makes an anime good is objective. Story, characters, originality, animation, pacing...as I said for example, somebody is bashing the story of Code Geass, well then this person sadly doesn't like it or it's not their taste, but that doesn't make it any less good.
There are tons of bot accounts for all you know CG could've been spammed to it's a current score. Not to mention all the people who score purely on enjoyment or only use 5-10 and drop anything below it without scoring the anime. The average being 7 should tell you that MAL isn't the most trustworthy source when it comes to the consensus. Though you really shouldn't think anything because everyone else has that opinion. I mean why follow the majority opinion instead of having your own?

Good is a subjective term as there's no measurement that isn't based on taste. What makes a good character anyway? Relatability? Complexity? Development? Struggle? There's certainly no agreed-upon consensus on that. People put these things in differing amounts of value. Some might put development first others complexity which leads to differing opinions on a said character. They aren't wrong, they are just using different measurements.
removed-userJul 25, 2019 10:06 AM
Jul 25, 2019 10:03 AM

Apr 2018
No, because I'm not a piece of shit that goes out of my way to flex my opinion
Jul 25, 2019 8:04 PM

Nov 2018
I don't understand why anyone would feel it necessary to judge others based on whether or not they liked a certain Asian cartoon. We're all anime fans, so we're all trash....I'm kidding.
But really, who cares? As I get older (now the ripe "old" age of 28), I care less about what others may think about my preferences. I'm also a huge fan of horror movies and I like tons of films in that genre that others think are shitty (although most of those people aren't fans of the genre to begin with).
At most, I'm perplexed as to why someone didn't care for a show I happened to love, but other than that? Live and let live.
Live-action Japanese media that I've seen: https://mydramalist.com/dramalist/AmandaBear
Non-Japanese movies & TV shows that I've seen: https://www.imdb.com/user/ur29585794
Sep 9, 2019 9:43 AM

Jul 2019
Of course I do. I am gonna make a youtube channel where I just rant about peoples tastes
Sep 9, 2019 11:12 AM

Oct 2018
No, because no one has "shit" taste.
Sep 9, 2019 6:02 PM

Apr 2016
No, it’s a really stupid thing to do, moreover it’s disrespectful.
Sep 9, 2019 6:17 PM

Apr 2017
No, taste is subjective.
One person's trash is another's treasure..

Sep 9, 2019 6:22 PM

Oct 2017
It's a perspective, people can see that "I have bad taste" and have good taste,
'bout tastes there is nothing written
Sep 9, 2019 6:24 PM

Sep 2017
Yes, I do tell people that they have shit taste, just not too common.

Usually when they say that Arifureta is good or [insert average isekai] too.

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Sep 9, 2019 6:27 PM

Jun 2016
No because that's just disrespectful and wrong. One cannot have shit taste to me. Just a different one to ours.
Tho if they provoke me by insulting my taste then it's all fair game for me to tell them theirs is when I dislike something of theirs.
Gift by Mimurona

Sep 9, 2019 6:32 PM

Mar 2018
I speak my mind so I tend to do this quite often.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 9, 2019 6:52 PM
Dec 2018
Nope,
everyone has their own Taste.
Sep 11, 2019 6:53 AM

Apr 2011
Nope, I do think it's rude to say it -.-

Sep 11, 2019 7:09 AM

Jul 2019
uhm that's cringy. People got diff preference, and those who acts they have the "best taste on what's great" are immature
Sep 11, 2019 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
It's cringey to do that, but so are most harem and ecchi fans
Sep 12, 2019 4:39 PM

Nov 2013
Not shit taste, but no taste..

You like shit anime, whatever, people like difference stuff.

But if you only like popular/mainstream anime, then you bet I'm gonna judge you hard af.
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.
Nov 8, 2019 4:47 AM
Nov 2019
i think its really very hard to tell them, have your ever tried ? Shareit vidmate
barrysingh101Nov 9, 2019 11:56 AM
Nov 8, 2019 5:15 AM
Jul 2019
Sometimes, when all they talk about is the same anime over and over.
Nov 8, 2019 5:31 AM

Jan 2018
I agree with post 49.

It's like getting pissed off at people who enjoys eating papayas or durian, I felt that.
Nov 8, 2019 5:36 AM
Jul 2018
Everyone has shit taste to someone else

I don't particularly think I have "good" taste either, I just like what I like
Nov 8, 2019 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
hazecloud said:
I agree with post 49.

It's like getting pissed off at people who enjoys eating papayas or durian, I felt that.

Durian is great, just make sure it's ripe and cold
Nov 8, 2019 9:18 AM

Sep 2014
No although I always think it. I only call their favourite anime shit. It's them who tell me I have shit taste.
Nov 8, 2019 10:49 PM
Jul 2018
No... that's just honestly really rude. Taste is mostly subjective. Even if I sort of think it, I would never say it to them.
Nov 10, 2019 10:19 AM

Oct 2013
No. I just say that what they like is shit.
Nov 10, 2019 10:27 AM
Apr 2018
BlakexEkalb said:
No I don't, since people can have their own wrong opinions.

You are right naruto is trash .
I regret every minute i spent on it
Nov 10, 2019 10:40 AM

Jul 2015
It's not very productive to believe your taste is superior. There's always something to be learned, even from someone with shit taste.
Nov 10, 2019 10:44 AM

Nov 2017
I don't say it aloud but sometimes i do say it in my mind.
Everyone has personal opinions and interests and one show cannot satisfy everyone.
Nov 10, 2019 10:54 AM
Oct 2019
Konakana said:
Would be difficult to deduce whether someone has shit taste since that would require you to taste them and that's cannibalism. Not to mention people on the internet generally don't live particularly nearby.
Too bad, mate, you said it before me :(
Nov 10, 2019 2:43 PM
Oct 2019
No. Everyones likes different things and genre's. I like what I like and I am sure that their will be people that think the shows I like are bad or horrible. But I will still like them because I am me.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream?

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

42 by WaffleMaster89 »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you find how the anime community finds something to be edgy annoying?

vasipi4946 - 6 minutes ago

0 by vasipi4946 »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

52 by Dumb »»
6 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

87 by Shirayukin »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you tend to watch newer seasonal shows, or older shows?

Akuya - 17 minutes ago

2 by Dumb »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.