Forum Settings
Forums

Do you tell people that they have shit taste?

New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 21, 2019 10:09 AM

Jan 2018
Anime-tastes are different...and are influenced by so many factors (personal taste, genre preference, emotional attachment etc.)

I also can't understand some anime-ratings... but it has nothing to do with "shit taste", because that would mean your own taste of anime is the ultimate.

But nothing wrong with discussing about different tastes of Animes. It all depends on the way you say it ..

“The true measure of a shinobi is not how he lives but how he dies.
It’s not what they do in life but what they did before dying that proves their worth.” - Jiraiya
Jul 21, 2019 10:10 AM

Jun 2019
I don't, because I find that to be a bit rude. Everyone DOES have their own opinions about something, after all. Sure, I'll tell them what I think about it, but if their opinion is completely different then I won't bother criticising them over it.
No anime is non-canon. Non-canon is canon, but on a different world line.
Jul 21, 2019 10:10 AM

Oct 2018
The only shitty taste I acknowledge is my own.

i'm a worm
Jul 21, 2019 12:57 PM

Mar 2018
Chandela said:
Woah, woah, hold up, thirty-six, twenty-four, she a double D cup
Doing splits on the floor, bust it open in the club
All them bitches jealous cause niggas showing you love

Popping my collar, drinking my drink, and making my presence known
Vanille Tobacco Tom Ford cologne I got on
You can tell by the way I carry myself I'mma star
These Cartier buffs my face cost more than your car

From a dollar man to a millionaire they stop and stare
Look at my IG, I'm everywhere
Batches be liking on me cause they know I'm the guy, guy
Blowing this tree put it in the air like wifi

Did you right that yourself? I like it alot
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg
Jul 21, 2019 12:59 PM

Jul 2014
I do this all the time, both online and IRL.
Jul 21, 2019 1:25 PM

Mar 2012
Gyeferson said:
I don't. Yesterday someone said that my favorite show is bad and Black Clover is better.

Actually, I understood the opinion instead of criticize it. I didn't agree with the person, but I got her point of view.

I am a Huntertard and I guess it was a good development for me.

You could tho, it was obviously better than Black Clover. (Even your others fav except Youjo Senki)

Jul 21, 2019 1:27 PM

Jun 2019
Nah, like what you like, and I'll like what I like. If we like the same things that's cool, if not, more power to you.

Jul 21, 2019 2:05 PM

Aug 2010
HaarWyvern said:
Gyeferson said:
I don't. Yesterday someone said that my favorite show is bad and Black Clover is better.

Actually, I understood the opinion instead of criticize it. I didn't agree with the person, but I got her point of view.

I am a Huntertard and I guess it was a good development for me.

You could tho, it was obviously better than Black Clover. (Even your others fav except Youjo Senki)

I know my favorite show is better.

But the point is the person was looking for something with a simple plot and without subtle messages or something like that. I understand when someone is trying to "turn the brain off" a little with animes because of stress and pression.

I didn't agree with the opinion, but I understood it.

And as a Huntertard, it is quite difficult for me to not impose that Hunter x Hunter is the best shit ever made. Maybe Sora Yori changed my view of the world.

Btw, your profile pic made me remenber: Is Ballroom still on hiatus?
Jul 21, 2019 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
I don't. I don't think it's correct to go insult what someone else enjoys, and I wouldn't like it if they did the same to me.

I may do that with friends as a joke, but that's all.
People who do this are just trying to get into pointless discussions and shit.
Jul 21, 2019 2:20 PM

Jun 2017
If your first favourite is SAO and you gave it a 10, then yes /s
I don't really care as long as they don't annoy me with their taste and let me enjoy my favourites.
http://steinsgate.jp/10th/ FGO:591,495,201 (NA)
Jul 21, 2019 7:46 PM

Apr 2017
Unless I'm a rude and mean son of a bitch who also happens to be bigoted and cynical, then yes. I'll tell whatever person who I think has shit taste that they themselves have shit taste. I'll blatantly say it, with their inner/outer reactions to my negative comments being something I won't care about.

I'm not like that, fortunately.
Only in death are we all equal.
Jul 21, 2019 7:49 PM

Apr 2015
The only user on this site who has shit taste is @CatSoul.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jul 21, 2019 10:10 PM

Sep 2018
Why should I. It’s dumb and none of my business
Jul 21, 2019 10:28 PM

Oct 2012
This is all very ridiculous and reductive when you take the context out of it. You would never walk up to someone and call them out on some opinion randomly, but if they're on a podium advocating something antithetical to your values, then you might. There was once a girl on a YouTube channel that said "all men objectify women", and at the same time professing her love for Kpop boy bands. Of course, people pointed out to her that idolizing... idols is also objectification. But if you frame the question as, "Do you tell people that they objectify people?", as in we just waltz up to someone and proudly declare, "Check your privilege, you pig", then no. As the user above me puts it, "Why should I, it's dumb and none of my business."

Like why should I care if you believe in God? It's none of my business. Well, until you're voting racists in at the ballot box and shouting down the podium to stop all stem cell research that saves cancer patients. It's all in the context.

So if we're in here discussing anime -- that's literally what we do here, discuss anime -- and you come in here with a big opinion declaring this or that, and I check your list and lo and behold -- SAO 10/10!! Then maybe your shit taste has something to do with why you said what you said. I don't know! It might be just a pet theory of mine.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 21, 2019 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
Why does unoriginal threads like this even exist?
Jul 22, 2019 12:39 AM
Jul 2018
IpreferEcchi said:
Do you tell people when their taste is shit in your opinion?

I have shit taste myself so i don't have a privilege to do so.
Jul 22, 2019 1:23 AM

Mar 2016
Um, absolutely not. No one has shit taste. We all like different things and that's completely okay. I would only ever say that to someone if I were joking with them.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jul 22, 2019 3:41 AM
Jul 2018
Yes. Sometimes. If that person generally has a bad taste in anime and enjoys trashy shows (and admits it), I don't really bother telling them anything. People's tastes are their own business so I try not to butt in. If they're my good friends, however, I'm all for saving them from wasting their time (and they'd do the same for me, so it's mutual).
Jul 22, 2019 4:38 AM

Apr 2016
People can like whatever they want, the problem is when they start presenting their shitty shows as masterpieces.
Jul 22, 2019 5:38 AM

Apr 2016
Yes, OP why is your taste shit? ecchi is shit and you should feel bad about yourself
Jul 22, 2019 5:51 AM

Feb 2010
yes since i tell this to myself everyday
SlayMagicalJul 22, 2019 5:55 AM
Jul 22, 2019 6:07 AM
Jul 2018
No. I never do that. I always keep it to myself, or discuss it to someone IRL that close to me in term of friendship.

During the discussions we don't degenerate them, but to argue what should be the proper things about the anime to US.

Real life case:

It's about our one friend that said the B movie is GOOD. Tempted by her recommendation, my movie buddy and I watched it. It turned out not as good as what she'd said.

We discussed more about the movie instead of her opinion. Then, we're back to our friend's judgement again, and concluded that each person has their own taste and view. So whatever.
Jul 22, 2019 6:20 AM

Jul 2016
OremLK said:
Something you learn when you grow up and become secure in yourself is that it's okay for other people to have a different opinion than you, especially about stuff as inconsequential as what anime they like.

Of course, some people never grow up...

I'm not telling them to have the same opinion as me. I'm reminding them that their opinion is shit. To know their lowly place.
Jul 22, 2019 8:27 AM

Sep 2017
Telling other people they have shit tastes is just being a jerk

Your opinion isn't better than the others, isn't more correct or more relevant

An opinion is subjective. By doing this, you just spit on other people tastes for no reason

Yep, their opinions differ from yours, and so ? Just accept that and don't be an ass

So of course no, I never tell people they have shit tastes because it's rude and I'm not dumb enough to think my opinion prevails over the others
Jul 22, 2019 9:04 AM

Mar 2012
Gyeferson said:
HaarWyvern said:

I know my favorite show is better.

But the point is the person was looking for something with a simple plot and without subtle messages or something like that. I understand when someone is trying to "turn the brain off" a little with animes because of stress and pression.

I didn't agree with the opinion, but I understood it.

And as a Huntertard, it is quite difficult for me to not impose that Hunter x Hunter is the best shit ever made. Maybe Sora Yori changed my view of the world.

Btw, your profile pic made me remenber: Is Ballroom still on hiatus?

"Turn the brain off" isn't sufficient for me to watch Black Clover, DanMachi or same shit, the writing is too bad imo for that.
Even an action show "just for the fun" can be good I think.. Black Lagoon for exemple, or some sports mangas for shonens. :(
For relaxation it's better to watch a good show not deep or with much explanations, but a good show anyway !

Ballroom had a new chapter in July, so I hope that he will continue...
Jul 22, 2019 9:44 AM

Dec 2018
Anyone who dislikes things that I like have shit taste obviously. The only explanation is that they are either stupid or watching it wrong.
Jul 22, 2019 9:57 AM

Dec 2015
I think people that score Lucky Star with anything higher than 7 should notice by themselvse that they are out of their mind and their taste is shit. So no need to tell them. :D
Jul 22, 2019 10:11 AM

Feb 2015
Yes, I tell them so when they have provoked the spirits of my ancestors that's ought to be left in eternal peace in the afterlife.

Peace be upon them.
Jul 22, 2019 10:12 AM

Jun 2014
All I know, is that people who prefer ecchi generally have shit taste. :P

Jul 22, 2019 10:17 AM

Feb 2019
I avoid that comment as much as possible, but in an extreme case as someone who comes to tell you that he likes incest or ero-guro that's where I mark my limit.
Jul 22, 2019 11:18 AM

Dec 2015
IpreferEcchi said:
Do you tell people when their taste is shit in your opinion?

I do. When someone awards a 10 to anime that I gave 6, for example, I tell them they have shit taste. I have a positive view of it because 6 is in the upper half of the scoring system, but it's no masterpiece.

I believe that quality is of objectivity, but I also think that the only form of shit taste is being superficial.
In other words, even though I think that some shows are objectively worse than others, I don't think it makes them inappreciable.

Club for Fighting Game lovers : https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=77600
Jul 22, 2019 11:24 AM

Dec 2018
jokingly yeah but usually i don’t unless they’re watching shit that’s completely abysmal in my eyes
Jul 22, 2019 11:28 AM

Dec 2012
No, there's really no point in doing that.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 22, 2019 1:05 PM
Apr 2016
I don't think that there's a thing such as "shit taste," just some people don't have keen enough eyes to notice an absurd amount of flaws or plot-holes, thus I just spoil their fun by edifying their perspective. Of course, there are exceptions, just people that in general enjoy garbage, well, pretty sure they're aware what they're watching, so there's no need for me to tell them.
Jul 22, 2019 2:02 PM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
I don't tell anyone if I disagree with their taste in animu. I'm not the one to judge since everyone's allowed to like whatever they want.

However, if there's someone with a similar taste and a high affinity to me... dayum.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jul 22, 2019 2:03 PM

Oct 2015
Looking down on one's preference in entertainment on the basis that it's not similar to yours is, to but it bluntly, rather vain.
Jul 22, 2019 2:08 PM

Feb 2019
I don't tell people their taste is bad because it's like shitting on them for trying to talk to you. If someone starts off with "Oh i didn't like ____" then I can agree with them and we can break down why it's bad.

A few months back, Brie Larson was saying that old white dudes shouldn't be reviewing A Wrinkle in Time. At first, I had a knee-jerk reaction and thought she was being an asshole. And believe me, she is an asshole who says asshole statements to impress her asshole studio execs. Don Cheadle knows this. But I also thought about the fact that this movie, clearly made with a black girl audience in mind was being reviewed by old men. Imagine you're a black girl going to see this movie that was made with you in mind, so you go to buy tickets and there's a big 2.3/10 RT beneath the title and you start thinking maybe this movie isn't so great. What you don't know is that this is based off how much enjoyment a 50 year old man found in it. This bitter old review critic is sitting alone in a theater seat too small for him eating $8 popcorn with a wailing inbred bastard chucking legos at the back of his head wishing he was at home catching the first half of 60 minutes before passing out on his la-z-boy at 7PM. Maybe he's not the best judge of quality for this particular movie. Why Brie specified white men, I'm not sure... I don't think a grown man or woman of any race would go out of their way to watch a live-action Disney movie without superheroes. My point is that opinions are more reliable when reviewed by the target audience.
SamHandwichJul 22, 2019 5:14 PM
Jul 22, 2019 2:43 PM

Oct 2018
I have a friend who told me that shows like Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell were garbage. I told him that his taste is garbage. If you don't acknowledge widely acclaimed media well then sorry for you. I mean it doesn't have to be in your taste, hell Marvel movies are not my taste at all, but I wouldn't dare say it's garbage if it's widely acclaimed.
Jul 22, 2019 2:48 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
All the time. @Cloudy especially knows :^)
Jul 22, 2019 2:50 PM

Jul 2007
Maffy said:
All the time. @Cloudy especially knows :^)

It's ok Maffy!~ Everyones' taste is shit compared to yours :3
Jul 22, 2019 3:17 PM

Aug 2018
You can't have a shit taste if everyone has a shit taste.

Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jul 22, 2019 4:31 PM

Mar 2014
Nah, I just tell people that their opinion on anime means next to nothing to me unless they've seen Legend of the Galactic Heroes (1988).
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Jul 22, 2019 4:52 PM

Aug 2009
Timz0r said:
You can't have a shit taste if everyone has a shit taste.

"Anime is trash and so am I" is a good mantra to live by.

Jul 22, 2019 6:35 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Your username is IpreferEcchi, how good can your taste be, honestly? I don't tell people they have shit taste, but I do laugh when some noob starts talking sh*t about mine.
Jul 22, 2019 7:45 PM

Jul 2019
No, because people have different opinions, and that's okay. I'll recommend shows that I think are good, if they don't like what I like, that's fine. But I don't think that being toxic is the answer lol.
Jul 22, 2019 8:29 PM

Jul 2019
It really depends on the person. If it's your friend then yeah, but if it's someone online, you probably shouldn't.

The only acceptation is if the person's taste is so bad that telling them would help them out in the long run.
Jul 22, 2019 10:10 PM

Jul 2013
No and no! if someone's taste don't match mine, then I just be the bigger man and move on to the person with the next best taste. I care more about people's knowledge on 90s anime from experience than their tastes alone.
Jul 22, 2019 11:13 PM

Oct 2012
goathead said:
I have a friend who told me that shows like Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell were garbage. I told him that his taste is garbage. If you don't acknowledge widely acclaimed media well then sorry for you. I mean it doesn't have to be in your taste, hell Marvel movies are not my taste at all, but I wouldn't dare say it's garbage if it's widely acclaimed.
So if everyone told you the Earth is flat, it must be a worthy idea!
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 22, 2019 11:23 PM

Feb 2017
Well, a friend of mine (irl) have shit taste in anime. But i never said that to his face, not yet.
Jul 23, 2019 12:02 AM
Mar 2017
Yes and No.

Yes- i have in mind a few Anime, and even a genre, that i would consider as "Trash" and "Objectively bad Anime". and sometimes i would voice my opinion on it and on people who watch it, but i don't really do that often.

No- aside from these few cases i mentioned above, generally speaking i am tolerant and understanding towards most Anime of all Genres Themes and intended demographics, and i also watch Anime of quite a large variety, i don't really tell people that what they have watched is bad or shit or that their tastes areas such. if anything, i would go the positive way- i would recommend some good Anime to them, saying something like " check this Anime out, it's similar to what you watched but even better!".
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

211 by TitanOfPlasma »»
2 minutes ago

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 6 hours ago

11 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

20 by tchitchouan »»
9 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 4 hours ago

7 by tchitchouan »»
13 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 3 hours ago

17 by tchitchouan »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.