Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Industry Grapples with Aftermath of Kyoto Animation Fire [Update 10/13]

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 20, 2019 12:19 PM
Dec 2009
NthDegree said:
Does anyone know whether the status of Yasuhiro Takemoto is still unconfirmed? You would think they should've been able to contact him by now... I'm worried.

I believe his status is still unconfirmed. That's not good.

At this point the best we can hope for is that he had relatively minor injuries but is being kept in hospital and doesn't have internet access (or doesn't want to use it). But I'm not getting my hopes up.

It might be safest to assume that we've lost him. If he turns up alive and well, it will be a wonderful surprise.
Jul 20, 2019 1:06 PM

Dec 2012
No Word yet on Takemoto-san. There is Police stattement today at 4 contents have not been posted.

Please refrain from politics, and personal slants. Be respectful and supportive. That is what is right now.

Thank you.

President Hatta-san has said he will talk to the staff about the future we can trust them to do what is right for them. He has said they plan to demolish the ruins of the building and build a prayer site and park which I feel is a very sensitive idea.

Jul 20, 2019 8:25 PM

Feb 2019
As much as i cannot wait for their upcoming projects, i hope the Studio take as much time as they needed to recover.
Jul 20, 2019 11:23 PM

Sep 2013
Still trying to get my thoughts around this whole thing. I hope the name "KyoAni" won't become a taboo in the future.
Jul 21, 2019 2:33 AM
Apr 2019
I am so distraught
Jul 21, 2019 2:46 AM
Jan 2009
:( haven't seen a huge amount of there stuff have heard of most of it but this is just Sad
Jul 21, 2019 4:04 AM

Mar 2018
NthDegree said:
Does anyone know whether the status of Yasuhiro Takemoto is still unconfirmed? You would think they should've been able to contact him by now... I'm worried.

If I am not completely mistaken his status has been confirmed as deceased. No one is any longer considered missing. Those who are not dead are injured.

Just read in the Guardian that the majority of the people who died were all in the 20s and 30s. They had in the middle of the building a spiral staircase which acted as a funnel. No one mad it to the roof through many tried.
Jul 21, 2019 5:03 AM

Nov 2007
Official statement
Basically it was as reported in the news, and that it is sad to end those youth lives like that.
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/340587

Edit 2: KyoAni Decided Accept the Fund
https://mainichi.jp/articles/20190723/k00/00m/040/323000c

Edit 3: Staffs who was able to escape from 2nd floor have returned to work on 24th.
https://www.ktv.jp/news/articles/94cbcbe4952142f988acbec47e0f3391.html

#PrayForKyoani
tsubasaloverJul 29, 2019 4:40 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 21, 2019 5:05 AM
Dec 2009
huntress1013 said:
No one mad it to the roof through many tried.

Not that it makes it much better, but I doubt it would have made much difference if they had made it to the roof. The fire was absolutely massive, and being on the roof might have meant that they would have died/been permanently disabled from the heat rather than carbon monoxide poisoning (which is relatively painless).

I've heard, and I'm not sure whether this is a rumour or not, that the windows had "anti-suicide" bars that made it harder for people to jump from them.

I really, really hope that's not true.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
LoveLikeBloodJul 21, 2019 12:59 PM
Jul 21, 2019 6:49 AM

Mar 2012
This is the saddest thing I heard about the anime industry since the tsunami disaster a few years ago. I wish anything like this never happens again.

Does anyone know about the details and background of the assault? What was his problem? Why did he kill so many people? Mental illness? Personal grudge? Unpaid salaries? Maybe he didn't like the end of his favorite show?
Jul 21, 2019 7:15 AM

Nov 2015
and when i thought im over this topic, here i am crying again.
Jul 21, 2019 8:29 AM

Dec 2012
I will say again, gently, please keep political or controversial aspects OUT of this thread and our thoughts.

we should be grieving and praying for those lost, not bickering in a internet thread. Please think of the people and the families and be kind.

thank you

Jul 21, 2019 10:36 AM

Feb 2015
Man, we really are political animals if somebody will try to connect it with something times removed from the big picture. Aristotle knew what's up :P

Enough of that. These past few days since this terrible tragedy, it's really heartwarming a lot of people helped to get KyoAni back to its feet. Just goes to show the love many have to the studio.

Here's to hoping they rise from the ashes.

Jul 21, 2019 12:59 PM

Jul 2014
Thread cleaned

Please stay on topic. Off-topic posts and discourse will be removed.
Take care of yourself

Jul 21, 2019 7:27 PM

May 2018
KyoAni will definitely recover from this. Lots of support is given to them and I'm sure the donations can save them. Does kyoani has insurance?
Jul 21, 2019 7:41 PM

Mar 2015
Gorochu said:
KyoAni will definitely recover from this. Lots of support is given to them and I'm sure the donations can save them. Does kyoani has insurance?
insurance is mandatory. the problem is not financial destruction, but human source destruction.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 21, 2019 7:45 PM

Jan 2009
NthDegree said:

i remember reading about that name here

takemoto yasuhiro’s (hyouka, high speed, maidragon) father has revealed he has been unable to contact his son
among other things, he has said that whatever feelings he has against the perpetrator, all he wants more is for time to go back to normal
https://twitter.com/highimpactsex/status/1153062446774530048

you can follow that twitter as he updates regularly
Jul 21, 2019 11:11 PM

Feb 2019
Rip those beautiful souls..
KyoAni is my favourite studio..Clannad, Free, Violet Evergarden.. I love KyoAni because of how unique they are, how gorgeous their anime are. My broken heart will always be with you.
~~ofcourse I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice~~

Jul 22, 2019 2:46 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The fucker who did this, the arsonist asshole, he knew what he was doing, this was planned in detail to make the upmost ammount of damage possible, and he did achieve that.

I m not surprised people are capable of such things, maddness is maddness, I m surprised this happened in Japan, but this also goes to show life is full of hurdles everywhere and also that despite the japonese society giving this whole impression of security and organization, it is impossible for it to be flawness and in fact, the way they are, is directly impacting the birth rate of the population and is the product of all these weirdos and poor souls that are born there, but are not able to express themselves properly or even socially interact with one another.

But on topic again, this is still really sad and tragic, no I wont cry over or think too deeply each time I see an anime from the studios, in fact I m slowly going through Hyouka, but I do wish that those who remain are able to find the way back to the surface and in a few years at least we will all be able to look forward and recall this with the respect it deserves but also as a warning to avoid anything of this nature ever again.
Terrorism can happen everyone, it is a harsh truth that our way of life currently (presuming most people are not experiencing an enviroment of war) makes us ignore over and over.

May those who departed find eternal peace, because they works have touched many, and they wont be forgotten!
Jul 22, 2019 4:58 AM

Dec 2013
By the way, what's MAL's policy regarding to the suspect's privacy? I'm asking because it's pretty non-existent in Japanese media. Every recent news broadcast publishes his name and everything they've managed to dig up about him.

I've no preference personally, but I'm asking because I don't want to accidentally break the rules.
Jul 22, 2019 6:15 AM

Mar 2018
AhmedHan said:
This is the saddest thing I heard about the anime industry since the tsunami disaster a few years ago. I wish anything like this never happens again.

Does anyone know about the details and background of the assault? What was his problem? Why did he kill so many people? Mental illness? Personal grudge? Unpaid salaries? Maybe he didn't like the end of his favorite show?

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the man had been in jail for more than three years for robbery and recently threatened to kill a neighbour who complained that he was noisy. He has also been treated for mental health issues. All in all he sounds like a very mentally unstable and violent individual.
Jul 22, 2019 6:13 PM

Nov 2013
Very shocked at this news. The world has lost a great deal of talent this week. These people can never be replaced. They were as gods.
Jul 28, 2019 8:59 AM
Jan 2010
I saw this news a lot later and im still shocked i dont know what to say i only wanna cry now for the staff members that lost their lives first cause human life is most important but of course im also worried about the future of the studio. When i watch the newest Kyoani production i will think about the staff that put so much effort into it. It will be my own way to honor such talented people that gave us so much joy over all these years. And i hope that legend wont die ever and there hopefully will be a future for this well known studio that many people love deeply.

Jul 28, 2019 11:03 AM

Dec 2012
The Anime world in Japan is a large family. Many are part but be assured any will help as they can and will. All studios and companies know each other, staff move from one to another, KyoAni has some of the longest staying because they are the best for workers of any ..regular salary, Child Care, support of all kinds..and they WILL Heal, nothing can bring back the lost but be assured they will be remembered dearly.

all that can be done is being done. thank you all for so many kind postings.

Jul 29, 2019 10:24 AM
Jan 2010
Maid Dragon, Lucky Star Director's Death Confirmed
The fears many anime fans have had since the KyoAni fire have now been realized as Yasuhiro Takemoto's death has been confirmed.

The untimely death of Yasuhiro Takemoto in the Kyoto Animation arson attack has now been confirmed by his relatives and Kyoto Animation's direct...

Under the dead people was another well known director victim of the fire.
I dont know if i am allowed to post the source link but i read that it is confirmed and so i wanted to let people know.

Aug 3, 2019 2:19 PM

Mar 2018
Darkvoid said:
Maid Dragon, Lucky Star Director's Death Confirmed
The fears many anime fans have had since the KyoAni fire have now been realized as Yasuhiro Takemoto's death has been confirmed.

The untimely death of Yasuhiro Takemoto in the Kyoto Animation arson attack has now been confirmed by his relatives and Kyoto Animation's direct...

Under the dead people was another well known director victim of the fire.
I dont know if i am allowed to post the source link but i read that it is confirmed and so i wanted to let people know.

Thank you for letting us know. It the source is official then you can definitely quote it or link it.
Oct 13, 2019 2:09 PM

Mar 2013
News Update
Shinichi Isa, the leading representative of Japan's House of Representatives Finance Committee, posted on Twitter that Kyoto Animation will send all monetary donations to those who were affected from the July 2019 arson on Studio 1. None of the donations will be used to recover the studio's lost business operations.

In addition, the studio will host memorial services at the Miyakomesse center in Kyoto on November 3 and 4.

Source: Shinichi Isa on Twitter

News update submitted by Linerax
Sakana-sanOct 13, 2019 11:01 PM
Oct 13, 2019 2:13 PM

Apr 2012
>giving everything to those affected
KyoAni, my kokoro
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita.' Unveils Main Cast, Staff, First Promo for 2024 Premiere

Hyperion_PS - May 2, 2023

5 by TurnipFan »»
27 minutes ago

» English Dub Cast for 'New Game!' Announced

Sakana-san - Jul 14, 2017

27 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Youkai Gakkou no Sensei Hajimemashita!' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Dec 15, 2023

16 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» '30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii' Gets Compilation Movie in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 27

7 by Memore »»
10 hours ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

19 by Ant161718 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.