Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2019 11:29 AM

Apr 2016
I knew this Tsukasa guy was bad news after he started to kill other people by destroying the statues. I have a feeling that at this point he might try to revive some people to join his cause. As for Yuzuriha i was not expecting her to be revived yet so i'm glad this arc of trying to revive her is over.
Jul 19, 2019 11:47 AM

Dec 2011
I just love how Tsukasa perfectly guessed Senku's plan. He wasn't mistaken even in the smallest degree. 200 IQ totally legit 1,000,000,000% no scam.
Jul 19, 2019 12:05 PM
May 2019
Tsukasa is gonna be a hell of a villain, I am getting excited :D
Jul 19, 2019 12:15 PM

Mar 2014
soon the new stone age WITH GUNS!

I really like smart rivals/enemies like Tsukasa, he is really moving foward the plot and is giving a challenge to Senku.
Jul 19, 2019 12:22 PM

Aug 2014

Mod edit: labeled spoiler tag
BarnaldJul 20, 2019 6:08 AM

Jul 19, 2019 12:30 PM
Dec 2014
Wow, this show I rated a 9 went to a 6 real quick.

We're hitting every anime cliche along the way... make it stop.
Jul 19, 2019 12:55 PM

Feb 2016
Why almost every "Shounen Jump Hit" anime has this "comedy" with over the top crazy faces? Its simply not funny at all, worse if the comedy used is cliché.

I can't stand Taiju at all, He pretty much overreacts about everything, Like I get it, he's exceedingly stupid but please give us a break, it is getting old already.

Not just that, this episode hit a lot of clichés outta nowhere.

BlindSniper said:

Pretty much what I'm feeling right now, how is it possible to ruin a good concept like that?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 19, 2019 12:59 PM
May 2019
Really enjoying this anime so far kinda weird how that guy caught a 100mph arrow tho lol
Jul 19, 2019 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
It's pretty slow paced so far.
I'm eager for new characters appearances.

Glad they revieved Yuzuriha at least.
Poor girl, she's already missing the old world.

Jul 19, 2019 1:00 PM

Aug 2018
Is it the video game "Rust" or something ? I almost feel like playin' it, going from naked boy to heavily geared man with AR & C4s while newcomers are collecting wood with a stone hatchet lul

Anyway, I don't think they'll manage to get a gun, Tsukasa turned into the main antagonist (he kinda was since the first apparition of OP) so he should be able to stop 'em & make things harder.
Jul 19, 2019 1:00 PM

Jan 2018
4-5/10 anime .
Rip my expectations
Jul 19, 2019 1:03 PM
Nov 2017
Gun Powder acquired. I can't wait to see how they'll take down Tsukasa
Jul 19, 2019 1:03 PM
Jan 2017
I liked Tsukasa at first, but he really just went and killed random people just because they were adults and assumed that they were bad. I honestly hope they take him down.
Jul 19, 2019 1:05 PM

May 2015
Yuzuriha is really cute, glad she got revived, I think her personality is good against the two bizarre boys, if a bit of a cliched trope.
Tsukasa is pissing me off, I get that he doesn't like old people but didn't he kill a couple of families too? Definitely a prick.
Jul 19, 2019 1:08 PM
Jan 2017
cchigu said:
Ah, man. These exaggerated faces are unfunny and cringe, please stop doing that. That mention of Hakone instantly reminded me of Run with the Wind. Aside from that, even after 3 episodes, this show is barely above average. Sad that except for Vinland Saga nothing good is airing this season. What a dud season.

3/5

If you think Vinland Saga is the only good anime this season then why have you given this show an 8 and Fire Force a 9? Doesn't seem like that adds up.
Jul 19, 2019 1:10 PM

Jun 2019
BlindSniper said:

Wow I didn't know simple comedic faces worth a -3 on MAL
Jul 19, 2019 1:11 PM

Jan 2017
This was a lacklustre episode, yeah yuzuriha was revived but it wasn't compelling in general... Tsukasa was introduced too soon and I feel that he will just constantly put s spanner in the works.
Jul 19, 2019 1:32 PM

May 2018
Ok so Senku has a girl in his team and Tsukasa is now the villian, but the fuck , he not only has super human strength but also has the brains to match Senku????
Jul 19, 2019 1:35 PM

Jul 2015
Not sure if I will continue this. I will give one more episode. It's getting annoying...
Jul 19, 2019 1:41 PM

Jul 2012
Okay, that took a turn I didn't expect it to make. I somehow feel like it is more interesting that way although a little cliche as well.

I just realized Senku always talks about bringing every human back to life, but doing them individually would probably take way too long, I wonder if he has some way of reviving them faster.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2019 2:10 PM

May 2018
Glad to see how fun normal thing is in this anime. Taking care of Tsukasa is needed and this episode proves it. I hope I can see the gun in the future episodes, I also like how this episode show weak people vs strong people in brain and power.

Jul 19, 2019 2:37 PM

Nov 2013
So they are going on a trip while Tsukasa goes around killing innocent people.... I get the need for weapons, but it seems a bit ironic.
Also, Taiju still hasn't confessed?!
Jul 19, 2019 2:49 PM

Jan 2018
cchigu said:
Ah, man. These exaggerated faces are unfunny and cringe, please stop doing that. That mention of Hakone instantly reminded me of Run with the Wind. Aside from that, even after 3 episodes, this show is barely above average. Sad that except for Vinland Saga nothing good is airing this season. What a dud season.

3/5
cchigu said:

Get used to it, Senku does it a lot.
3/5

Get used to it, Senku makes faces all the time in the mango
What a beautiful Duwang
Jul 19, 2019 2:53 PM
Jan 2016
I am really disappointed that Senkuu didn't even attempt to challenge Tsukasa's philosophy, though I suppose that would take the show into a completely different genre (and the person who mentioned this show has profound philisosphy ... just lol). Nevertheless, the fact that there was no debate and that they went straight to fighting cheapened the drama for me. I mean, I did not expect a proper discourse, but at least a short exchange of opinions (logical and backed by proper reasoning, containing to-the-point counterarguments) could have gone a long way; as things stand, Tsukasa appears to me as a rather shallow extremist taking excessive revenge on the world that had wronged him, and Senkuu a genius whose answer to every prolem is to reinvent a lost technology.

Another thing is that even if they make gunpowder, how do they plan to manufacture a gun; they don't even have a way to produce pig iron yet, let alone steel. Also, as far as I know, the main ingredient (requiring the greatest amount) of gunpowder is saltpeter, not sulphur.
Jul 19, 2019 2:53 PM

Aug 2018
HereticHunter said:
Why almost every "Shounen Jump Hit" anime has this "comedy" with over the top crazy faces? Its simply not funny at all, worse if the comedy used is cliché.

I can't stand Taiju at all, He pretty much overreacts about everything, Like I get it, he's exceedingly stupid but please give us a break, it is getting old already.

That's because this anime is Shounen genre afterall...
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jul 19, 2019 3:14 PM
Sep 2018
well this episode was thankfully a lot better than last weeks, though that wasn't too hard to do. had a lot of the typical cliches that shonen are known for which I mean doesn't bother me much since it's to be expected from a shonen. My big question is how does senku reasonably think he can make a gun in time to stop tsukasa before he closes the distance. Seriously the senku has seen this man kill a lion with a single punch and catch an arrow mid flight from a few feet a way, the dude is super human but senku despite being a super genius thinks a full day of walking would be enough distance to put between him and tuskasa? That has to be the dumbest thing so far if that is the case!
Jul 19, 2019 3:15 PM
Apr 2016
Oh well, so finally they saved that hentai-looking girl. Great. Time to make guns, huh?
Jul 19, 2019 3:19 PM
Sep 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Ok so Senku has a girl in his team and Tsukasa is now the villian, but the fuck , he not only has super human strength but also has the brains to match Senku????

I dont know if he is as smart as Senku, but yea it just seems kinda out of left field that Tsukasa is also extremely smart to match up with his super human strength. I mean I'm ok with him figuring out that Senku and the others were trying to make it look like they ran off in a panic, since I'd expect him to be have this sort of intelligence since he hunts animals for food.
Jul 19, 2019 3:53 PM

Feb 2016
Timz0r said:
HereticHunter said:

That's because this anime is Shounen genre afterall...

Oh please, don't give me that shit. I can name many Shounen that doesn't rely on overusing gags or have forced comedy with over exaggerated faces like that.

Belonging on the Shounen demography isn't a synonym of poorly executed comedy, cliché events and exceedingly annoying characters. (This even happens on Seinen anime, so using Shounen as an excuse doesn't work)

Next...
~Blackwall
Jul 19, 2019 3:58 PM

Aug 2018
HereticHunter said:

Oh please, don't give me that shit. I can name many Shounen that doesn't rely on overusing gags or have forced comedy with over exaggerated faces like that.

Belonging on the Shounen demography isn't a synonym of poorly executed comedy, cliché events and exceedingly annoying characters. (This even happens on Seinen anime, so using Shounen as an excuse doesn't work)

Next...

If you really know it better, then why you're complaining then? Can you name them all? Chop chop, I'm waiting. You have 10 seconds.
Pretty much every Shounen does the silly faces thing.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jul 19, 2019 3:59 PM
Apr 2010
i thought this is adaptation of manga from sun ken rock creator, and i thought how can you make sun ken rock and then make this shit. and then i saw that he did only art, damn dude, was his family taken hostage or something, hahaha, why the fuck would you do that
Jul 19, 2019 4:02 PM

Jan 2013
I just don't like how Tsukasa was so quick to catch up on Senku's plan on every fucking detail. This is next-level awful/lazy writing.

So far this anime has been full of generic stuff, but it's still entertaining to some degree, only due to the MC though.
Jul 19, 2019 4:13 PM

Feb 2016
Timz0r said:
HereticHunter said:

Next...

If you really know it better, then why you're complaining then? Can you name them all? Chop chop, I'm waiting. You have 10 seconds.
Pretty much every Shounen does the silly faces thing.

Yeah, I know many anime does that, but Dr. Stone does it poorly and have bad timing and this episode was very predictable on it (Like Taiju spilling out about how to heal petrified people to Tsukasa)

I have some examples, I might not name them all in 10 seconds (nobody can) but here I go

- Sengoku Youko (Manga)
- Hunter x Hunter
- Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan
- FMA (Both versions)
- Saint Seiya
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- World Trigger

The difference here, is that these I mention have proper build up and are executed well, unlike Dr. Stone that overuses gags to the point of getting old and annoying.

Edit:

> If you really know it better, then why you're complaining then?

How do you think I came up with that concussion?
~Blackwall
Jul 19, 2019 4:17 PM

Aug 2015
Senku pulling out the guns huh, I didn't expect him to have some American genes.
Jul 19, 2019 4:30 PM

Aug 2018
HereticHunter said:
Yeah, I know many anime does that, but Dr. Stone does it poorly and have bad timing and this episode was very predictable on it (Like Taiju spilling out about how to heal petrified people to Tsukasa)

I have some examples, I might not name them all in 10 seconds (nobody can) but here I go

- Sengoku Youko (Manga)
- Hunter x Hunter
- Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan
- FMA (Both versions)
- Saint Seiya
- World Trigger

The difference here, is that these I mention have proper build up and are executed well, unlike Dr. Stone that overuses gags to the point of getting old and annoying.

Edit:

Silly gags is a common trope in shows. Especially when they are aimed for kids. Do I have to spell it again? K-I-D-S.

From that list I only have seen JoJo so far, but can't agree with it:

Silly face is silly. ORA!

And no, it's not up to me to figure out why you're the one complaining. That's why I'm asking.
Jul 19, 2019 4:42 PM
Feb 2009
it seems like the hype is going down with this show I was at least expecting Yuzuriha to be revived naked gg
Jul 19, 2019 4:52 PM
Dec 2014
Julianfoxy said:
BlindSniper said:

Wow I didn't know simple comedic faces worth a -3 on MAL

I won't bother going in-depth as all you came up with is "simple comedic faces" and forgot the other 20 things that are extreme anime cliches.

But hey, it works for every other show so why not?
Jul 19, 2019 5:20 PM

Feb 2016
Timz0r said:
HereticHunter said:

- Sengoku Youko (Manga)
- Hunter x Hunter
- Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan
- FMA (Both versions)
- Saint Seiya
- World Trigger

Edit:

Silly gags is a common trope in shows. Especially when they are aimed for kids. Do I have to spell it again? K-I-D-S.

From that list I only have seen JoJo so far, but can't agree with it:

Silly face is silly. ORA!

And no, it's not up to me to figure out why you're the one complaining. That's why I'm asking.

Again, Silly gags are even present in Seinen anime too (Bungou Stray Dogs for example) and it seems you need some reading comprehension skills since I remember saying that Dr. Stone comedy is poorly executed, I'm not only complaining about the faces being exceedingly silly, but the overall comedy. It isn't good and its really ruining it for me, for a highly acclaimed "hit" of the Shounen Jump Magazine this is somewhat disappointing. Same happened with Kimetsu no Yaiba, but at least the latter has been getting better on that regard (mostly on timing). JoJo has many silly gags and you can notice how well done they are, specially if you consider the amount of references there are on many anime and manga, not to mention the amount of memes it gets.

The point is that Dr. Stone seems to try really hard on trying to make it funny, relying on making use of over exaggerated faces and whatnot.

> And no, it's not up to me to figure out why you're the one complaining. That's why I'm asking

The sole question of "Why do you complain/bother then?" is uncalled for and pointless, Allow me to explain why.

In this case, I brought up to the table the things I disliked, pointing out why it didn't work for me. Being asked "why do you even care in the first place" feels insulting. Specially if you consider the possibility that if you drop it you won't have a complete opinion when the show ends and people will tell you "Oh, you didn't even finish the show, you barely know anything", but if you finish and still complain then people will ask "Then why did you bother with it in the first place?"

Its just a damn redundant question that people can answer themselves, but they don't because most of the times, some people only likes to see positive opinions and see negative ones as heresy (I, too, have done that, but lately I've tried not to get bothered by negative opinions, I just accept that there are people who thinks differently as I do and let it be)
~Blackwall
Jul 19, 2019 5:54 PM

Apr 2015
Yuzuriha is revived and I couldn't be happier. Atleast finally a girl amongst all the guys. Speaking of guys, Senku keeps impressing me but the real danger is Tsukasa. Don't judge a book by it's cover they say.. I honestly thought he was gonna be the strong guy, but the dude has brains too.

Gotta love all these landmarks and familiar names as I have been there not so long ago myself.
CeddyyBearrJul 19, 2019 6:45 PM
Jul 19, 2019 6:01 PM

Aug 2018
HereticHunter said:
Again, Silly gags are even present in Seinen anime too (Bungou Stray Dogs for example) and it seems you need some reading comprehension skills since I remember saying that Dr. Stone comedy is poorly executed, I'm not only complaining about the faces being exceedingly silly, but the overall comedy. It isn't good and its really ruining it for me, for a highly acclaimed "hit" of the Shounen Jump Magazine this is somewhat disappointing. Same happened with Kimetsu no Yaiba, but at least the latter has been getting better on that regard (mostly on timing). JoJo has many silly gags and you can notice how well done they are, specially if you consider the amount of references there are on many anime and manga, not to mention the amount of memes it gets.

The point is that Dr. Stone seems to try really hard on trying to make it funny, relying on making use of over exaggerated faces and whatnot.

> And no, it's not up to me to figure out why you're the one complaining. That's why I'm asking

The sole question of "Why do you complain/bother then?" is uncalled for and pointless, Allow me to explain why.

In this case, I brought up to the table the things I disliked, pointing out why it didn't work for me. Being asked "why do you even care in the first place" feels insulting. Specially if you consider the possibility that if you drop it you won't have a complete opinion when the show ends and people will tell you "Oh, you didn't even finish the show, you barely know anything", but if you finish and still complain then people will ask "Then why did you bother with it in the first place?"

Its just a damn redundant question that people can answer themselves, but they don't because most of the times, some people only likes to see positive opinions and see negative ones as heresy (I, too, have done that, but lately I've tried not to get bothered by negative opinions, I just accept that there are people who thinks differently as I do and let it be)

Honesty, my reading comprehension skills are fine, thank you being concerned. I've read that loud and clear. Even now indeed twice. No need to repeat yourself for a third time. I'm not senile yet. But I agree indeed the humour is poorly executed, but then again, I don't like the show since episode 1 and I have my own reasons for it, eh.

Also:

Please don't come up now with the 'I feel insulted' excuse, will ya? I'm not the one afterall that started the shitty "Oh please, don't give me that shit." attitude, right? Now if only you have didn't do that, things could have been a much better outcome, am I right? ;-)
Jul 19, 2019 6:14 PM

Jan 2018
Senku's reaction and antics makes me feel at ease with this show. I cannot wait for Tsukasa's villain act, I hope it should be good.
Jul 19, 2019 6:38 PM

Feb 2016
Timz0r said:
HereticHunter said:

Honesty, my reading comprehension skills are fine, thank you being concerned. I've read that loud and clear. Even now indeed twice. No need to repeat yourself for a third time. I'm not senile yet. But I agree indeed the humour is poorly executed, but then again, I don't like the show since episode 1 and I have my own reasons for it, eh.

Also:

Please don't come up now with the 'I feel insulted' excuse, will ya? I'm not the one afterall that started the shitty "Oh please, don't give me that shit." attitude, right? Now if only you have didn't do that, things could have been a much better outcome, am I right? ;-)

Then this might be quite the misunderstanding.

If that's the case, then you shouldn't have used bold letter on the words Shounen Genre back then, because it looked like you wanted to take me by a fool. I don't even know how would you expect me to answer that nicely in the first place (That, and the fact that not all Shounen are poorly executed like that). But hey, this is Internet we're talking about, we can't fully read tones when reading.

In a way, I guess its both our fault then.

CrimsonWandererJul 19, 2019 6:42 PM
~Blackwall
Jul 19, 2019 6:44 PM

Dec 2014
TMS are doing a fantastic job adapting this, can't stress enough how beautiful the art is. Loving all the scenery.

Tsukasa's got too much of a god-complex because he knows no one can stop him in the current world. Senku with the gunpowder plan!

I can't get enough of these reaction faces especially Senkuu's, they're just hilarious sometimes. xD
Jul 19, 2019 7:00 PM

Oct 2011
Tsukasa have some god level of deduction power, XD
Jul 19, 2019 7:00 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Nine-TailedJosh said:
cchigu said:

3/5

If you think Vinland Saga is the only good anime this season then why have you given this show an 8 and Fire Force a 9? Doesn't seem like that adds up.
These ratings were based on my impressions of their respective 1st episodes. First episodes were fine but the next episodes of both Dr. Stone and Fire Force were where I realized that aside from the setting, these shows really lack originality and that is not a big problem for me as long as the characters were fun and not annoying. But man, characters turned out to be the worst in Dr. Stone. Senku aka the Edgy MC (E=mc2? really???). fkin Taiju who screams and take my HP with it and such a bland character. Yuzuriha? fkin basic chara, couldn't care less even if she dies or get raped or whatever. Tuskasa? so bad, a normal high school boy who can defeat lions bare handed? as if one can. So bayed.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 19, 2019 7:09 PM
Apr 2019

Jus1294 said:
2abZ said:
Where can I watch it XD

Give Crunchyroll a couple hours and it'll be up

<blank><blank>
Jul 19, 2019 7:12 PM
Jan 2017
cchigu said:
Nine-TailedJosh said:

These ratings were based on my impressions of their respective 1st episodes. First episodes were fine but the next episodes of both Dr. Stone and Fire Force were where I realized that aside from the setting, these shows really lack originality and that is not a big problem for me as long as the characters were fun and not annoying. But man, characters turned out to be the worst in Dr. Stone. Senku aka the Edgy MC (E=mc2? really???). fkin Taiju who screams and take my HP with it and such a bland character. Yuzuriha? fkin basic chara, couldn't care less even if she dies or get raped or whatever. Tuskasa? so bad, a normal high school boy who can defeat lions bare handed? as if one can. So bayed.

Why do you keep the same ratings for the shows after you've seen more episodes? Why would you just not update your scores if you updated the amount of episodes? That honestly just doesn't make any sense.
Jul 19, 2019 7:33 PM

Jan 2018
cchigu said:
Nine-TailedJosh said:

>Senku
>edgy

Lmoa aight. How does him having a very well known equation on his clothes make him edgy? The dude loves science and it may be silly but he's more smug in a non-malicious manner than anything.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jul 19, 2019 7:37 PM

Oct 2015
Damn Tsukasa is both strong and smart, to be a able to figure out Senku's plan of build a gun weapon against him! How will they be able to defeat such a beast?
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 19, 2019 7:37 PM

May 2015
It's surprising to me how smart Tsukasa is. Usually in shounens, the big guy with lots of muscles is a dumbass and completely oblivious to a lot of the things around him. I mean, I guess Taiju is basically that, but I thought Tsukasa would be similar in that regard. But nope, he was able to figure out Senku's plan almost immediately. Being that powerful AND strong really makes him a force to be reckoned with huh?

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.