Forum Settings
Forums
Jul 31, 9:30 AM
Genuinely wretched about what happened to Kyoto animation. The anime that got me into this platform was produced by Kyoto Animation. Besides, many works were aired locally in my country and relatively contemplate a lot of people's acknowledges. Hearing the number of deaths in this adversity is mournful. Wish those who were affected by the events a secure recovery and much condolences for all. Uncountable folks will keep on supporting Kyo ani. You deserve so many loves. All the animations are paramount, and it may transform the realms keener for many whose watching and absorbed the arts, i, for instance, always feel uplifted watching kyoani's animations. We all love you!

Aug 1, 8:14 AM

The gofundme page is no longer accepting donations is there another easy way to send donations to them? I know they opened a bank account but im not sure how to work with that...
My friend made my forum pic.

Aug 1, 9:34 PM
アニメスタッフ

There is work going on including the Japanese government to coordinate and help the flow of contributions and help for KyoAni. News and updates will be posted on the KyoAni website

Kyoani English Website
http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/en/

KyAni Twitter Page:
https://twitter.com/kyoani

they have established a bank account to receive contributions japan...

http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/information/?id=3075

KyoAni posted a message about all of this, : this is not an official translation but may help to convey the meaning .....

With regard to the incident that occurred on July 18 (Thursday), we have received voices of support from people all over the world. Thank you very much.

As our company, we will do our best for rebuilding.
In such a case, we received a lot of voices from all of you who wanted to support us, and we would like to inform you that we have prepared a deposit account for the support money.

We are apologizing for the delay in providing information, as we have received so many inquiries from every direction.

<Kyoto Animation Support Account for Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.>

Bank Name Kyoto Shinkin Bank Bank Code 1610
Branch name South Momoyama branch number 048
Account type Current account number 0002890
Account name Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd. Representative director Hideaki Yuta * Display name "Kai-Koto Animation"

BANK NAME: THE KYOTO SHINKIN BANK
SWIFT: KYSBJPJZ
BRANCH NAME: MINAMI MOMOYAMA BRANCH
BRANCH NUMBER: 048
ADDRESS: 16-50, YOSAI, MOMOYAMA-CHO, HUSHIMI-KU, KYOTO-SHI, KYOTO-HU, 612-8016, JAPAN
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0002890
ACCOUNT HOLDER: KYOTO ANIMATION CO., LTD., REPRESENTATIVE DIRECTOR, HATTA HIDEAKI

<Basic way of thinking about support funds>

With regard to the use of the support money, we would like to focus on the lost employees and their family, relatives, with for us, the employee being treated as a part of our family and relatives, and the company reconstruction.
With regard to the funds we have received, we will report on the balance for the purpose of transparency. In addition, the method and timing of the income and expenditure report are under consideration. We will report as soon as it is decided.
With regard to the fundraising activities implemented as support for our company, we will post them on our website as soon as we confirm.

<The fundraising activities confirmed by our company> (as of 18:00 on July 26 (Fri)

Animate "Kyoto animation support donation"
https://www.animate.co.jp/info/279024
T point Japan "[Emergency donation] Donation to Kyoto Animation"
https://tsite.jp/donation/index.pl?xpg=PCTC0202&bokin_id=527
Japan Animator / Direction Association "Yahoo! Net Donation Kyoto Animation Support Fund"
https://donation.yahoo.co.jp/detail/5234001
Japan Video Association
https://aja.gr.jp/info/1436

Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.
July 24, 2019 First appearance
Revised on July 26, 2019
Modified by CrisGer_San_AA, Aug 1, 10:10 PM

Aug 2, 1:39 AM

Rest in Peace all the poor souls that met their demise but remember this the work they done will always live in our heart forever 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Aug 2, 5:46 AM

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/08/02-1/kyoto-police-have-released-names-of-10-victims-in-kyoto-animation-attack

10 of the 35 victims have been named with consent from the respective families, with more to come on a later date. All of these people were Wonderful and Hard-working human beings and their works will never be forgotten! A couple of new recruits are among the list and this just wrecks my heart really, they’d potential to do so much but their lives criminally cut short. I just have no words anymore, other than

Rest in Peace!

#PrayForKyoAni
#HelpKyoAniHeal
Modified by _MushiRock11_, Aug 2, 5:52 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 2, 10:43 PM
アニメスタッフ

The love that has poured out from fans and supporters from around the world is helping the families, friends and co workers at KyoAni of those lost to survive and heal. Words cannot express the appreciation felt... enough. It is a beautiful gift.

their work will live on with each of us. And our appreciation for what they created will grow with each time their work is seen.

Aug 3, 3:06 AM

Such tragedy. Some big names, veteran core artists of Kyo-ani and the young and up and coming artists who are just starting, never to achieve their potential, all gone.
It's a really big blow to everyone, Kyo-ani specially, being a former animator myself the animation business is like one big family, even to those from different studios. We usually know each other. It's like losing your brother and sister or a beloved uncle.
Really sad.

Aug 5, 11:42 AM
Google matched my donation. Be sure to check if your employer will match yours too!

Aug 5, 11:16 PM

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 6, 9:01 AM
Wishing for a speedy recovery for all.

Aug 6, 3:32 PM

Shinji Aoba destroyed more than just tens of millions of dollars of materials, he destroyed the dreams and lives of the people that worked for Kyoto Animation. The people who died in that fire had talent Shinji Aoba only WISHES he could have.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 7, 2:26 PM
Rest in Peace... All the talent, people, the work, the progress... seem gone...

Aug 7, 3:44 PM
Are there any clues as to why this happend ?
What what his motive ?
Why would he set fire like that?

I thought his work environment might have been terrible and that was his revenge but from what I've heard KyoAni is a very positive example in the industry that treats it's employees better then most studios

Aug 8, 12:39 PM
CuteAssTiger said:
What what his motive ?

I thought his work environment might have been terrible and that was his revenge but from what I've heard KyoAni is a very positive example in the industry that treats it's employees better then most studios

Literally tons of clues available day 2 from the accident. Chronology:
While setting people on fire Aoba was shouting that they have "stolen" something.
Aoba claimed they have stolen his work.
Kyoto Animation studio director denied ever dealing with Aoba.
After several days, during another police questioning, it became apparent Aoba had once sent a novel to Kyoto Animation.
Kyoto Animation studio director admitted to have received Aoba's novel, but told the public that the novel was eliminated from the pool during the first selection round (~refusing allegations of Aoba's story theft).
At this point it is impossible to tell whether Aoba is an insane male Japanese maniac, or a wronged insane male Japanese maniac.
Unless the contents of his novel are released for public to compare to Kyoto Animation studio work, we can not with a certainty say Shinji Aoba was merely deluded. As the things stand, there is a possibility his work/fragments of his work were stolen by someone and turned into own at Kyoto Animation.
As psychology states, if to be believed, for an individual to commit such a horrendous, inhumane crime it would mean the individiual had to be under a constant, prolonged distress. In this case, negative feelings induced by the fact that Aoba was rotting away in his condo, while Kyoto Animation workers were receiving world-wide recognition. Aoba could be deluded into believing his work was somehow stolen, or he could actually know it. Either way the bomb started ticking the moment he received a notice of "elimination" of his novel from the contest held by Kyoto Animation studio in the past.
A summary of what I said: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/08/01/national/crime-legal/comments-bashing-kyoto-animation-posted-last-fall-found-internet-forum/#.XUx6zHuxWUl
Right now it is hard to tell who is truly innocent, but Shinji Aoba is, under any possibility, deranged and a murderer.
Re:formed

Aug 8, 1:59 PM
Daniel_Naumov said:
CuteAssTiger said:
What what his motive ?

While setting people on fire Aoba was shouting that they have "stolen" something.
After several days, during another police questioning, it became apparent Aoba had once sent a novel to Kyoto Animation.
Kyoto Animation studio director admitted to have received Aoba's novel, but told the public that the novel was eliminated from the pool during the first selection round (~refusing allegations of Aoba's story theft).
At this point it is impossible to tell whether Aoba is an insane male Japanese maniac, or a wronged insane male Japanese maniac.
Unless the contents of his novel are released for public to compare to Kyoto Animation studio work, we can not with a certainty say Shinji Aoba was merely deluded. As the things stand, there is a possibility his work/fragments of his work were stolen by someone and turned into own at Kyoto Animation.
As psychology states, if to be believed, for an individual to commit such a horrendous, inhumane crime it would mean the individiual had to be under a constant, prolonged distress. In this case, negative feelings induced by the fact that Aoba was rotting away in his condo, while Kyoto Animation workers were receiving world-wide recognition. Aoba could be deluded into believing his work was somehow stolen, or he could actually know it. Either way the bomb started ticking the moment he received a notice of "elimination" of his novel from the contest held by Kyoto Animation studio in the past.
A summary of what I said: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/08/01/national/crime-legal/comments-bashing-kyoto-animation-posted-last-fall-found-internet-forum/#.XUx6zHuxWUl
Right now it is hard to tell who is truly innocent, but Shinji Aoba is, under any possibility, deranged and a murderer.
Daniel_Naumov said:
CuteAssTiger said:
What what his motive ?

Thx for the Information.

I could understand that he is angry if somebody stole his work but in that case he should have made his work public and then accuse KyoAni of theft.
The fire harmed a lot of people and the chance that every one of them was actually involved with stealing his idea is incredibly unlikely.
If his idea was stolen it would have probably be a secret even inside the company .

What a twisted view on justice

Aug 8, 2:14 PM
CuteAssTiger said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Daniel_Naumov said:

Thx for the Information.

I could understand that he is angry if somebody stole his work but in that case he should have made his work public and then accuse KyoAni of theft.
The fire harmed a lot of people and the chance that every one of them was actually involved with stealing his idea is incredibly unlikely.
If his idea was stolen it would have probably be a secret even inside the company .

What a twisted view on justice

If what we speculate is true it was never about justice. Merely revenge. The social situation in Japan is frightening, numerous mail outcasts are boiling in their own malice and anguish alone, for decades. When they finally snap (and they do so on monthly basis at least, as big crime headlines suggest) they do not care about how bad it is, they just seek fulfillment/release from this mental prison they have put themselves in. Which makes it even worse, as it possibly went through his head: "You deserve this!", and not a single thought of "justice" of any kind.
As for whether the idea was really stolen, it could definitely be "classified" by the director/higher ups. The young animators receive the "new idea" from them and start working on it, without ever knowing they are ripping-off someone else already. It is a cruel society inside a cruel world, and the industry is full of sharks.

Aug 8, 7:31 PM
Hoping for all the victims for speedy recovery

Aug 8, 9:28 PM
アニメスタッフ

I continue to be very grateful for the kind and sympathetic posts. I feel that it is appropriate for us to say these and prayers for healing, speculation on the criminal who did the act should be left for other venues please. This is not a crime drama or a good spot for personal theory. Dear and good people are forever lost and the company is grieving and the Anime world is gathering in support. Lets focus on that and thanks for those who were saved and I ask perhaps that other posts might be better placed elsewhere or not made.

thank you.

Aug 8, 10:16 PM
CrisGer_San_AA said:
I continue to be very grateful for the kind and sympathetic posts. I feel that it is appropriate for us to say these and prayers for healing, speculation on the criminal who did the act should be left for other venues please. This is not a crime drama or a good spot for personal theory. Dear and good people are forever lost and the company is grieving and the Anime world is gathering in support. Lets focus on that and thanks for those who were saved and I ask perhaps that other posts might be better placed elsewhere or not made.

thank you.

Your platitudes are taken into consideration and are kindly refused. While there are people who feel content with hopes and prayers, as well as wishing for a speedy recovery for the victims, there are also people who feel a somewhat deeper concern and can not help but ask themselves "just why this happened? Why all these young, talented people had to lose lives? Was it someone's fault? Could it have been avoided?". We will make sure such people are also addressed both as a part of shared society we, you and I, live in, and as people who suffered mentally due to such a horrendous crime and who are, to calm down a little, in a sense, looking for answers.

Aug 9, 12:42 AM

Such evil. I’m truly sorry to hear this news and my fervent prayers are toward those who survived the tragedy. Kyoani has in many ways been a light in a oppressive working culture, especially within its own industry. No one should have been subjected to this, and it stings all the more when it happened to some of the best.

To those who passed on, rest in peace, and I hope to see you in the world to come. To those who lived, I can only hope this tragedy does not destroy you, but rather that you can take courage to move ever further onward.

We love you all at Kyoani. Perhaps my message will never be seen or known by any involved, but I hope that you can feel that love in some small way, that it might bring even a little comfort in this horrible tragedy.

Aug 9, 1:40 PM
Is very sad what happened to KyoAni's staff. After watching the news, I was hurted thinking that all the people that died that day will never be between us, all their dreams are gone, all their animations will no longer be with us. Is a very sad day for all of us. None deserved this.

Aug 9, 5:07 PM

Daniel_Naumov said:
CrisGer_San_AA said:

thank you.

Your platitudes are taken into consideration and are kindly refused. While there are people who feel content with hopes and prayers, as well as wishing for a speedy recovery for the victims, there are also people who feel a somewhat deeper concern and can not help but ask themselves "just why this happened? Why all these young, talented people had to lose lives? Was it someone's fault? Could it have been avoided?". We will make sure such people are also addressed both as a part of shared society we, you and I, live in, and as people who suffered mentally due to such a horrendous crime and who are, to calm down a little, in a sense, looking for answers.

Your lack of empathy is taken into consideration and refused with prejudice.

He's just trying to tell you to show a little more tact in light of the immense tragedy of what happened. This thread is meant as a general place for people to pour out their love and support for KyoAni and not for speculation on motives or what not. In the first place, there is no making sense out of this tragedy, and aside from being a psychic and reading the mind of the scumbag who carried it out, there is no way you or anyone else can understand why he did it. Furthermore, even mentioning the demon's name is tactless and gives him greater infamy; let his miserable existence be exhausted in obscurity at the hangman's noose, and keep your speculation out of this thread.

I get what you're trying to say, and you can speculate as much as you want, but this thread is not the place to be doing that. Don't trample on grief of others (myself included).

Aug 10, 1:32 AM
suikaMUSIC said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

He's just trying to tell you to show a little more tact in light of the immense tragedy of what happened. This thread is meant as a general place for people to pour out their love and support for KyoAni and not for speculation on motives or what not. In the first place, there is no making sense out of this tragedy, and aside from being a psychic and reading the mind of the scumbag who carried it out, there is no way you or anyone else can understand why he did it. Furthermore, even mentioning the demon's name is tactless and gives him greater infamy; let his miserable existence be exhausted in obscurity at the hangman's noose, and keep your speculation out of this thread.

I get what you're trying to say, and you can speculate as much as you want, but this thread is not the place to be doing that. Don't trample on grief of others (myself included).

In trying to understand a criminal the society has long sought to provide prevention measures against crimes. To protect the lives of people which have not been taken yet. Now that is a noble cause. Saying there is no way anyone can understand why he did it... you are looking down on humankind.

Aug 10, 7:44 AM

Daniel_Naumov said:
suikaMUSIC said:

In trying to understand a criminal the society has long sought to provide prevention measures against crimes. To protect the lives of people which have not been taken yet. Now that is a noble cause. Saying there is no way anyone can understand why he did it... you are looking down on humankind.

The criminal's intent is not up to you to decide. Leave it to the capable hands of the Kyoto police and stop trying to act so high and mighty. Looking down on humankind? It's more like looking down on one netizen who shows little class by crafting tenuous theories on what a demon may have been thinking without understanding that there is no reasoning such a senseless tragedy.

What are you now, a Japanese police investigator? There is no understanding his actions from a layman's perspective. And even if you were some genius of psychoanalysis, there is no understanding an insane demon's--no human could do something like this--thought process bar reading the culprit's mind. Leave the investigation to the professionals, take your holier-than-thou attitude out of here, and scram.

"Noble cause" my ass. This thread isn't meant to be a soapbox for you to virtue signal and display whatever slight modicum of wit you have through delusional theory-crafting. It's for fans of KyoAni to pour out their grief and continuing support for the people of a company recovering from a horrendous tragedy, a company which has brought joy to countless people around the world.

出ていけ

Aug 10, 8:27 AM
suikaMUSIC said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

The criminal's intent is not up to you to decide. Leave it to the capable hands of the Kyoto police and stop trying to act so high and mighty. Looking down on humankind? It's more like looking down on one netizen who shows little class by crafting tenuous theories on what a demon may have been thinking without understanding that there is no reasoning such a senseless tragedy.
there is no understanding an insane demon's--no human could do something like this--thought process bar reading the culprit's mind.

There are no demons, only the ones humans create themselves through complex processes. Such as abuse, mistreatment, history.

suikaMUSIC said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

What are you now, a Japanese police investigator? There is no understanding his actions from a layman's perspective. And even if you were some genius of psychoanalysis, there is no understanding an insane demon's--no human could do something like this--thought process bar reading the culprit's mind. Leave the investigation to the professionals, take your holier-than-thou attitude out of here, and scram.
This thread isn't meant to be a soapbox for you to virtue signal and display

I have no intention of being a target of your mistreatment, just like Aoba might have been a target of someone's else mistreatment. I answered a forum-user who asked for possible reasons for this tragedy to have happened, my work here is done I will, however, note, that a wall of "hopes and prayers" is "virtue signaling". I leave you to your hypocrisies, now.

Aug 10, 9:35 AM

Daniel_Naumov said:
suikaMUSIC said:

there is no understanding an insane demon's--no human could do something like this--thought process bar reading the culprit's mind.

There are no demons, only the ones humans create themselves through complex processes. Such as abuse, mistreatment, history.

suikaMUSIC said:

This thread isn't meant to be a soapbox for you to virtue signal and display

I have no intention of being a target of your mistreatment, just like Aoba might have been a target of someone's else mistreatment. I answered a forum-user who asked for possible reasons for this tragedy to have happened, my work here is done I will, however, note, that a wall of "hopes and prayers" is "virtue signaling". I leave you to your hypocrisies, now.

First off, learn to spell and use proper grammar, or your arguments appear without substance. Even if English is your second language, the least you could do is educate yourself to the level of holding a coherent argument before incoherently mouthing off in a thread meant to pay respects to those who have passed. Though you were answering a forum user in the beginning, you replied to another user (CrisGer) who--like me--was imploring you to take your theorycrafting elsewhere.

Second, do not mention the culprits name. It gives him undue infamy; I thought I made that clear with my first post. If you're trying to be defiant by intentionally naming him, then that just shows how puerile your attitude to this tragedy is.

Third, the term that many Japanese people use to label the culprit is "放火魔," or "pyromaniac." The third kanji "魔" literally means "demon." And demon is really the only way you could call someone who would willfully try (and unfortunately, succeed in doing so) to burn to death the living national treasures that are the KyoAni staff, who have delivered joy to so many people around the world. Maybe if you could read Japanese, you would understand that almost everyone in Japan has nothing but utter contempt for the culprit, which he fully deserves. You understand jack shit about how he was treated in Japanese society; don't mouth off on issues you know nothing about.

Finally, you are being incredibly patronizing and maintaining your holier-than-thou attitude even when I thought already pointed it out to you. You're not giving your argument much leeway for persuasion if you refuse to address this point.

Who are you to say that the grief fans (again, me included) feel for KyoAni is virtue signalling? Who are you to say that you can even understand our grief and that when people say "hopes and prayers," they do not mean it from the bottom of their hearts in order to express, however inadequately, their fervent wishes for KyoAni to recover? Many of us have actually donated to KyoAni to help them in their recovery efforts. What have you done, besides attempting to theorycraft at the expense of the staff who lost their lives and their families and fans who remain in grief?

KyoAni's works touched the hearts of countless people, and we honestly wish for them to recover from this tragedy, so that they can continue to touch our hearts and those of future generations. Is it too much to ask that you venture out of our own arrogance to sympathize with those who are genuinely grieving?

It's not like you can read our minds or anything, right? Oh wait, maybe you can read minds, and that's why you also claim that demon's' motives are comprehensible? LOL You are erecting an obvious strawman argument here. If you don't want to be a target for "mistreatment," don't incite things by assuming what CrisGer was thinking and attempting to call him out for false "platitudes" in the first place.

Ironically, you are the only hypocrite here.

Aug 10, 10:21 AM
Did he honestly turn a sympathy thread into a disrespect battle? Unfathomable...
Anyone concerned, forgive my actions for having tainted this thread. I could never imagine someone would seek satisfaction at the expense of others here. As the one responsible for invoking it, I will show myself out.

Aug 10, 4:20 PM

Daniel_Naumov said:
Did he honestly turn a sympathy thread into a disrespect battle? Unfathomable...
Anyone concerned, forgive my actions for having tainted this thread. I could never imagine someone would seek satisfaction at the expense of others here. As the one responsible for invoking it, I will show myself out.

Nice deflection in twisting my calling you out for your callous comments into me trying to "seek satisfaction." I'm sure that's exactly what I'm after, never mind my defense of the right for people to grieve here without you labeling them as "virtue signalling" with "platitudes."

If you hadn't replied to CrisGer and made a show of assuming his intentions behind his advice in a crass attempt to defend your mistake, I wouldn't have escalated things in the first place.

Thank you for at least apologizing, even if you haven't addressed anything about your holier-than-thou attitude or my other points. If I appeared overly indignant, I'm sorry, but it's hard to just let you run your mouth off, labeling CrisGer's advice as "platitudes," when you have no way of comprehending his, mine, or anyone else's grief.

Theorycrafting and the suspect's name don't belong in this thread. The only things that belong are messages of support for KyoAni and outpourings of our own grief. Like CrisGer said, if you want to speculate on the demon's motives, do it elsewhere.

In the future, please show a little more tact when expressing your thoughts in regard to a tragedy of this scale. Maybe then someone like me won't have to call you out for your bullshit.

Aug 11, 4:32 AM
Such a sad thing happened to them, it seems they won't stop making anime, that really makes me happy. I wish them now the very best in the future!

Aug 11, 12:17 PM
RIP sovery very sad situation

Aug 12, 2:32 PM
(*a big vow while crying*) THANK YOU SO MUCH KyoAni 😭😭😭

Aug 12, 10:59 PM
アニメスタッフ

KyoAni is back to work, using the other studio building for now. They are working hard to deal with everything and I am very hopeful things will be ok. What the staff have said indicates that they feel they can best honor those lost by keeping going, all the while remembering, and never forgetting those no longer here. Very brave and I join all here sending my prayers and heart hopes for them all.

Aug 13, 2:33 AM

CrisGer_San_AA said:
What the staff have said indicates that they feel they can best honor those lost by keeping going, all the while remembering, and never forgetting those no longer here. Very brave and I join all here sending my prayers and heart hopes for them all.

The new promotional video (official youtube link) of Violet Evergarden - Eien to Jidou Shuki Ningyou brought me to tears.

This will remind us all of how they lived so passionately. :')
<<<< Click to see how you may #HelpKyoAniHeal

Aug 14, 12:43 AM

shanimebib said:
CrisGer_San_AA said:
What the staff have said indicates that they feel they can best honor those lost by keeping going, all the while remembering, and never forgetting those no longer here. Very brave and I join all here sending my prayers and heart hopes for them all.

The new promotional video (official youtube link) of Violet Evergarden - Eien to Jidou Shuki Ningyou brought me to tears.

This will remind us all of how they lived so passionately. :')

I had the same reaction. It looks gorgeous and I do hope they will show the movie on the big screen here. I glad that they are back to work. Don't let the psycho win by giving up. One theme that was prevailant in most KyoAni work is that one should never ever give up.less them.

Please support KyoAni!

Aug 17, 1:10 AM
My deep condolences😢😢😢

Yesterday, 5:08 PM
アニメスタッフ

Kyoto Animation has posted a message on their website setting a close to the memorial at Studio 1, and a message saying that they are moving forward and give many thanks to all for the wonderful support and sympathy. It is time to support them in this and to keep supporting them moving forward all the while remembering and honoring those who are gone.

this is not an official translation but will convey the feeling of their message...

=======================================================

Notice of the end of the flower arrangement

I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to all of us who have been hit by the tragedy that occurred on July 18th, and that we have received countless flowers and messages of encouragement from all over the world.

After a month has passed since that day, we will end the installation of the flower arrangement on August 25th (Sun).

Since there will be no flower arrangements after August 26 (Monday), please refrain from offering flowers in front of the first studio and on the street.

In addition, since the area around the 1st studio is a residential area, we would like to refrain from acts that affect daily life, such as visiting the 1st studio and taking pictures, in order to give consideration to the residents living nearby. Thank you.

In addition, we will take responsibility for offerings you have provided so far.

Responding to the warm thoughts that many people have crossed over the border, we will work hard to make animations that deliver dreams, hopes and excitement to everyone.

I would be happy if you could keep watching our steps as before.

Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.

http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/information/?id=3089

Today, 12:36 AM

A animation studio which made me laugh, cry and happy with their shows and after seeing such a horrific event, Words can't describe how heartbroken I am, My prayers to all those hardworking staff members who lost their life in this tragedy and condolences to their families.

I hope KyoAni comes back soon and bring those happiness and joy again...

55 minutes ago
It has been about a month since the investigation started, and the investigators revealed that not one, as previously stated by Kyoto Animation studio, but several novel entries from Shinji Aoba, the arsonist, were received by Kyoto Animation in the past. To quote:"A number of the novels were stories about the school days of junior or senior high school students, raising the possibility that Aoba believed that elements in one of his submitted novels were copied by Kyoto Animation in one of the studio’s school-set anime series."
The investigation into the reasons and motives of the criminal is still ongoing.

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]