Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 19, 2019 6:33 PM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
CuteAssTiger said:
alicerubesty said:

oh my fucking god. way to miss the point entirely. there’s nothing to “accomplish” here, it’s a matter of respect for the deceased and their families.

Well then for fairness sake we should delay entertainment that includes bad things Every time something bad happens

I mean because we respect the people that die all the time and their families right ?

You talk as though there isn't a connection to an anime about people being burned alive and an anime studio that literally just had a tragic fire that is Japan's worst mass killing in almost two decades.

It's not an isolated incident where one random person died. This has a strong impact on the anime community, especially in Japan.

Grow up, learn how to put 2 and 2 together, and wait patiently for the show to continue its run when they decide to.
Jul 19, 2019 6:33 PM

Jan 2018
I think what many people here don't get is that it's not immoral that people want to watch this anime despite what happend.

I don't think people should rage about the delay but there is nothing wrong with voicing your dissatisfaction about it .
Jul 19, 2019 6:47 PM

Jan 2018
_FRB_ said:
CuteAssTiger said:

Well then for fairness sake we should delay entertainment that includes bad things Every time something bad happens

I mean because we respect the people that die all the time and their families right ?

You talk as though there isn't a connection to an anime about people being burned alive and an anime studio that literally just had a tragic fire that is Japan's worst mass killing in almost two decades.

It's not an isolated incident where one random person died. This has a strong impact on the anime community, especially in Japan.

Grow up, learn how to put 2 and 2 together, and wait patiently for the show to continue its run when they decide to.

You talk as thou delaying it would change anything.

It doesn't make a moral difference whenever a random person dies or a random person that happens to work in a specific field . Random people that die should get the same amount of empathy from random strangers like us .
And that was exactly the point I was making

Grow up ,learn how to put 2 and 2 together and construct a valid argument
Jul 19, 2019 7:11 PM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
CuteAssTiger said:
_FRB_ said:

It doesn't make a moral difference whenever a random person dies or a random person that happens to work in a specific field . Random people that die should get the same amount of empathy from random strangers like us .

Delaying it isn't changing anything, but it's a choice by the studio out of respect, which they have every right to do.

It's not about them trying to make a moral statement, it's about the close relation to those involved. Of course people who die deserve respect, yes, but don't you think it's fair for the biggest outpouring comes from those in similar work?

If a cop dies, the biggest outpouring will come from the law enforcement community. If a firefighter dies, the biggest outpouring comes from that community. Hell if a mailman dies, you might not think twice about it, but to another mailman it'd probably stand out to them. That's just how people tend to be, not sure why you can't grasp that.

Ultimately it's getting delayed by choice of the people close to it, not yours or anyone else complaining. I really enjoy this show, I'm disappointed in the timing, but I respect their move to delay it. It was inevitable.
Jul 19, 2019 8:00 PM

Jul 2015
Why are certain people in this thread taking the delay so seriously?
The whole point is to show some respect and decency for the victims and their families. It's their country and they can handle this anyway they see fit.
Jul 19, 2019 8:45 PM

Nov 2015
Fire force wasn’t a good anime/manga anyways. Just cancel the whole franchise.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jul 19, 2019 8:50 PM
Jan 2014
Why was it delayed? What happened?
Jul 19, 2019 8:58 PM

Nov 2015
Jul 19, 2019 9:15 PM

Apr 2018
Old_School_Akira said:
wait... is that cannon? The fuck?
Jul 19, 2019 9:33 PM

Aug 2017
Oriotiar said:
Pixel_Vapour said:

The link is that it's about fire

And?
The show is about fighting against fire and helping people who have suffer from that kind of crime. If anything it seems rather fitting for that kind of tragedy.

But, trully it doesn’t make sense either way, showing the anime or not won't change anything, dead people will stay dead and the studio will still be burn. There's people who die of sickness everyday yet we don't banish stories about illness.

It is one of the deadliest massacres in Japan's history since the end of World War II, and the deadliest building fire in Japan since the Myojo 56 building fire in 2001.

Show some respect.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 19, 2019 9:47 PM

Nov 2015
Jfs_ said:
Old_School_Akira said:

Yes it is. I dropped the manga because of this shit! It’s worse than fairy tail.

Here’s some more (spoilers): https://m.imgur.com/r/anime/3OnjYHx
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jul 19, 2019 9:57 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I think some are missing the point that this isn't about you. This isn't about me.
This is about the people in Japan. There isn't some SJW conspiracy pushing politically correct culture onto this situation, this is Japanese culture.

Though some studios are starting to consider overseas potential, their priority is and pretty much always will be their target demographic: their fellow Japanese people. If they feel their fellow Japanese people would prefer an episode to be delayed out of respect, then that's it. That's smart BUSINESS. They don't want to lose their main business over people thinking that they don't care or are in poor taste. It's not about you.

Not to mention that viewership would most likely be low since many will be tuning into the news for more details anyway or many will just want to turn off the TV in general.

It's not about you. You might even pay to watch Fire Force every week or watch it for free with ads. Cool. You're STILL not their priority. I get it, you're upset and you can be upset. No one can stop you from feeling. However, it's not your place culturally OR economically to say it's stupid to delay an episode after a tragedy which features similar situations, because it seems like you're talking from your own personal viewpoint and not taking countless other things into consideration.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 19, 2019 10:01 PM

Jan 2009
Old_School_Akira said:
Jfs_ said:

Yes it is. I dropped the manga because of this shit! It’s worse than fairy tail.

lol this is so cringe it becomes funny (the manga art is not that erotic but im sure the anime will take care of that)
Jul 19, 2019 10:05 PM

Nov 2016
Ignore the people that are Complaining about the Episode being delayed. They would've probably also been complaining if the episode had aired.

Getting On Topic, This is a very Respectable and Smart thing for DavidPro to do. Its the Deadliest Massacre in Japan in the last 20 years. They had to do Something. Whle this whole thing was going on I was thinking about If this show would get the "Nice Boat" treatment on Japanese TV while showing a Uncensored version to the west via Crunchyroll but I think this approach was overall more appropriate.

Airing this would've been like if GTA3 had included the mission where you (Allegedly) had to crash into an Office Bulding with the DoDo after 9/11
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2019 11:10 PM

Aug 2008
Old_School_Akira said:
Jfs_ said:

Well, unless you buy the manga, then you dropping reading the pirated series doesn't mean jack shit. Truth be said, sex sells, so that's why it's rampart in any media, whether you like it or not. And this girl looks like to be particularly used for comedic relief too, so it shouldn't be that cringe if you think about it in that scope if she's used that way, but it seems you're nit picky with that stuff all the same. Anywhoooo.

The tragedy itself aside, it seems like it got delayed because KyoAni was specifically involved in animating some of the episodes (Not uncommon in the industry). It makes sense to delay the episode just for this week, in respect of your collaborating partner.
Jul 19, 2019 11:53 PM

Nov 2017
Oriotiar said:
Doesn't make much sense in my opinion, it won't change anything about the tragedy and there no real link between the 2.
But I guess they want to avoid idiot getting trigger for no reason.
Well It's not like waiting one week is huge issue either.

All I can say is after you watch episode 3, you will realize or might realize how big the link of it to the tragedy happened to kyoani...
Jul 19, 2019 11:59 PM

Nov 2017
Oriotiar said:
Xandaros said:

...... It looks like explaining anything to the likes of you would be pointless. Sometimes you cannot fix what is broken. You, are terribly broken, and should probably seek help if your lacking of empathy is this deep.

Just answering those question would be enough, cause honnestly I don’t see how that action benefit the people who trully suffer from the accident.
The only one I see gaining something from it is the studio who got to show how good they're are and avoid controversie, it remind me of those people asking for like with distgusting bull shit like "1like == 1amen"

So they aren't allowed to do that and symphatize? It is not like we will die if we wait for a short while for a new episode rather than being incensitive airing this for those who actually lost someone precious to them. In fact, it will be their lost as they already paid for thr slot every week and not airing one means they sacrificed already a big sum of money for it.

Japanese is very strict to their moral value. Even in their earlg age of life, the first thing they are learning is about manners and morality other than studying math, history or other literature.
Jul 20, 2019 12:08 AM

Nov 2017
IRON_FIST1984 said:
Stark700 said:
The third episode for Fire Force won't be airing this week due to the recent news.

https://twitter.com/FireForce_PR/status/1152095745308123136

i dont find it respectful i think its stupid. just because its about fire it means its not respectful to air it? WTF? pc colture is destroying every good thing about our colture

Yeah. Let's also not care about Fire Force staff also have friends died from Kyoani studio and let them air the anime they created reminding them about the fire that killed their friends from the industry. Yeah lets do that cause delaying it is stupid for thr viewers..

Sorry, This is a sarcasm comment but you definitely sound like this to me.
Jul 20, 2019 12:29 AM

Nov 2017
Old_School_Akira said:
Jfs_ said:

Well, not because you didnt enjoyed it means they have to cancel the franchise. Many still enjoyed it like me. And I am glad i continue reading it up to the latest.
Jul 20, 2019 1:51 AM

Jan 2018
_FRB_ said:
CuteAssTiger said:

Delaying it isn't changing anything, but it's a choice by the studio out of respect, which they have every right to do.

It's not about them trying to make a moral statement, it's about the close relation to those involved. Of course people who die deserve respect, yes, but don't you think it's fair for the biggest outpouring comes from those in similar work?

If a cop dies, the biggest outpouring will come from the law enforcement community. If a firefighter dies, the biggest outpouring comes from that community. Hell if a mailman dies, you might not think twice about it, but to another mailman it'd probably stand out to them. That's just how people tend to be, not sure why you can't grasp that.

Ultimately it's getting delayed by choice of the people close to it, not yours or anyone else complaining. I really enjoy this show, I'm disappointed in the timing, but I respect their move to delay it. It was inevitable.

I didn't say that they can't choose to do that.
The point I'm making is that it doesn't change anything and that wanting to watch the anime normally isn't wrong

Read the other person point beforehand dude
CuteAssTigerJul 20, 2019 2:16 AM
Jul 20, 2019 4:19 AM

Jan 2008
Viltas said:
How is this even a discussion?

Fire bad, people sad, wait a week for your free entertainment it won't kill you

Gotta love the fake grief tho'
Jul 20, 2019 4:45 AM

Oct 2018
Kinda silly in my opinion but oh well what can you do
Jul 20, 2019 5:07 AM

May 2015
Old_School_Akira said:
Jfs_ said:

Worse than FT? Yeah, no. Stop overreacting.

Jul 20, 2019 5:36 AM

May 2016
Christ some of these replies are infuriating. It's about being respectful. Hundreds of people who knew those killed in person (friends, family) are in heavy mourning right now, and hundreds of thousands of other empathetic people are too. And unlike wherever you live this show broadcasts on TV in Japan (not some internet website), and none of those affected want to have to see a show about people literally being massacred and burned alive by fire right now, be it fictional or not.

And no fucking network (certainly not in Japan of all places--THE country all about respect) is going to broadcast a show like this (that's so closely related in themes and topic...) so soon after such a tragedy either. This is the worst mass killing in Japan since the last World War, to give you some sense of scale.
Try imagine if there was an action cartoon literally about planes getting hijacked and people dying, that was airing while 9/11 happened. What do you think would have been done to that show? And what backlash do you think there would have been if nothing had been done?
It may seem like some foreign event to you, and an annoyance with how you'll have one less anime to watch for a bit, but think of how the people actually in Japan and close to that studio feel. Think of a tragedy on a similar scale that happened in your country and how that affected you and those around you. Get some fucking perspective.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this show ends up getting cut short down the line. A show with such an unfortunate topic could easily end up being very unappealing and a hard sell for a lot of people now, and ratings could fall very heavily (even more so since, again, this is Japan--a very reactionary society as history has proven). That and I'm really not sure how the television network will feel about hosting it and how all the producers will feel about backing it. And certainly not many places will be accepting or hosting the usual advertisement for it any time soon.
ZaugrJul 20, 2019 6:01 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2019 5:44 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Zaugr said:
Christ some of these replies are infuriating. It's about being respectful. Hundreds of people who knew those killed in person (friends, family) are in heavy mourning right now, and hundreds of thousands of other empathetic people are too. And unlike wherever you live this show broadcasts on TV in Japan, and none of those people want to have to see a show about people literally being massacred and burned alive by fire right now, be it fictional or not.

And no fucking network (certainly not in Japan of all places--THE country all about respect) is going to broadcast a show like this (that's so closely related in themes and topic...) so soon after such a tragedy. This is the worst mass killing in Japan since the last World War, to give you some sense of scale.
Try imagine if there was an action cartoon literally about terrorists hijacking planes that was airing while 9/11 happened. What do you think would have been done to that show? And what backlash do you think there would have been if nothing had been done?
It may seem foreign to you, and an annoyance about how you'll have one less anime to watch for a bit, but think of how the people actually in Japan and close to that studio feel. Think of a tragedy on a similar scale that happened in your country and how that affected you and those around you. Get some fucking perspective.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this show ends up getting cut short down the line. A show with such a topic could easily end up being very unappealing for many people now, and ratings could easily fall very heavily (even more so since, again, this is Japan). That and I'm really not sure how the television network and producers will feel about it. And certainly not many places will be accepting or hosting the usual advertisement for it.

The x-files actually did a spin-off episode with planes crashing into the world trade center, around the time 9/11 happened. Needless to say, it was delayed...

Jul 20, 2019 6:21 AM

Mar 2011
Kookerz32 said:

It's the same as not airing anything to do with the World Trade Center shortly after 9/11. It's called respect. Any sort of incident in which a large amount of people die deserves the upmost respect. Saying there's no correlation between an arson setting a building and people on fire and a show about people literally spontaneously combusting and dying is foolish. It wasn't a random explosion. Someone KILLED them. A man walked into the studio and set people on fire. Do you see the problem now? No one is gonna stop animes about death, rape, or anything bad like that. BUT, if there is a huge incident in which a bunch of people fall victim to one of those things, then it is only respectful to not air such an episode. Westerners just don't get it. They really don't. Japan prides itself on how much they respect their people. Something we could learn from.

Sorry, but it makes no sense. Again, not airing anime in that particular day would indeed show respect within the industry and would be cool, understandable and actually a nice symbolic gesture. Not because it would be "distasteful" otherwise. However, targeting a particular show because fire is the main theme is ludicrous tho. It's like banning Konosuba in said day because explosions. It's just forced bs and nothing more. There's nothing disrespectful about a fictitious show that happens to share fire as the only common element to the Kyoto disaster, especially when probably there are tons of other titles portraying similar elements, like having killers and/or crazy people capable of commiting abominations, that were untouched. That's hypocrisy. Plus, who decides that one week is enough anyway? Is there a book rule for these things?

Also, you do not need to be japanese to be polite and respectful. That happens in most developed countries too. And certainly making bad correlations or a being a snowflake does not make you any more respectful. Everyone with empathy knows it's a terrible disaster and i can't even imagine the pain that is to lose someone in those conditions and the anger i would feel towards the degenerate that killed them. I do know, however, that i would not even have the time to think about television to begin with and surely it's the same for the people in similar situations. All i see is unrelated folks being offended in their place instead, by targeting certain shows as "distasteful" because it reminds them of the accident somehow. Hardly a "respect" worthy of merit. Just the good old fashioned fake virtue signaling that is plaguing the West these days. I roll my eyes everytime something like this happens but whatever.
Jul 20, 2019 9:44 AM

Nov 2017
Zaugr said:
Christ some of these replies are infuriating. It's about being respectful. Hundreds of people who knew those killed in person (friends, family) are in heavy mourning right now, and hundreds of thousands of other empathetic people are too. And unlike wherever you live this show broadcasts on TV in Japan (not some internet website), and none of those affected want to have to see a show about people literally being massacred and burned alive by fire right now, be it fictional or not.

And no fucking network (certainly not in Japan of all places--THE country all about respect) is going to broadcast a show like this (that's so closely related in themes and topic...) so soon after such a tragedy either. This is the worst mass killing in Japan since the last World War, to give you some sense of scale.
Try imagine if there was an action cartoon literally about planes getting hijacked and people dying, that was airing while 9/11 happened. What do you think would have been done to that show? And what backlash do you think there would have been if nothing had been done?
It may seem like some foreign event to you, and an annoyance with how you'll have one less anime to watch for a bit, but think of how the people actually in Japan and close to that studio feel. Think of a tragedy on a similar scale that happened in your country and how that affected you and those around you. Get some fucking perspective.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this show ends up getting cut short down the line. A show with such an unfortunate topic could easily end up being very unappealing and a hard sell for a lot of people now, and ratings could fall very heavily (even more so since, again, this is Japan--a very reactionary society as history has proven). That and I'm really not sure how the television network will feel about hosting it and how all the producers will feel about backing it. And certainly not many places will be accepting or hosting the usual advertisement for it any time soon.

Finally, someone said it the better. It seems some here forgetting it is not actually just on the internet. It is live broadcasted on japan television. If they think japanese people would like to see or watch a show about people dying on fire then they are wrong. It is not like you can just select a series you wanna see and watch. Thede anime are being broadcasted to television where millions of people can see.

People are really just easy to type onto their keyboard before thinking anything first.
Jul 20, 2019 10:17 AM
Aug 2018
I'm sorry, Google Translate didn't help enough; can someone explain why ep 3 delayed? Someone's relative died?
Jul 20, 2019 10:18 AM
Jan 2015
I hope the delay is online one week. My condolences to the victims.
Jul 20, 2019 10:30 AM
Aug 2018
Holy shit i just saw the news. :(
Nice decision.
These animes are made for enjoyment, and they are saying "You just can't sit and enjoy while my friends are dying."
Hepsine Allah rahmet eylesin (RIP in Islam)
Jul 20, 2019 10:59 AM
Feb 2012
Quinjao said:

it's only silly if you're a newfag otherwise this is standard procedure
Jul 20, 2019 11:46 AM

Oct 2018
ahneeme said:
Quinjao said:

it's only silly if you're a newfag otherwise this is standard procedure

Standard procedure can still be silly
Jul 20, 2019 12:03 PM
Aug 2017
Demonneo said:
Xandaros said:

It's disturbing tbh... The lack of empathy that this dude is displaying is exactly like the kind that makes people capable of committing mass killings... The whole idea of mourning, sympathy, empathy, honoring, respecting, and remembering the ones who were taken is completely lost on him...

What da hell? His whole point is that there's literally no connection whatsoever between this particular anime and a random explosion in a japanese studio. I could understand not airing any anime in the day of the attack as a symbolic gesture to show empathy within the industry, however, targeting a particular title because it's characters have fire powers is just absurd. No idea why are you comparing this dude to the worst scum of humanity for pointing out common sense. That is also ludicrous and SJW, PC snowflake nonsense mentality at it's finest.

We have tons of stories portraying murder, death, violence and/or every sick BS happening in this planet. Are you telling me we should stop creating this type of entertainment everytime something bad happens in a certain place? Because an absurd ammount of content would permanently stop being aired. I really do not care about not having one random anime episode in this week. It's not even my favorite show of the season and i'm not that self-centered..lol. The whole point of this comment is just to point out the stupid logic behind the justification as to why this anime could be considered offensive given the circumstances and how fake and unfounded virtue signaling is hardly worthy of merit.
For one, this was not a random explosion in an anime studio. This was a purposeful mass murder. In fact, it is the largest mass murder in Japan since World War II. 33 very talented, very innocent people were burned alive purposely. Two, this isn't some random series about fire. It is a series about innocent people randomly spontaneously combusting, going crazy, and dying. It is a series that will, from what I can assume as an anime only, have villains that also purposely burn people alive. It would be severely distasteful for people in Japan to try and watch this specific show after the tragedy that happened this week. It probably also wouldn't feel good as a fellow animation studio to air such a show in close proximity to the event. It is a show of respect for the people who lost their lives in a horrific crime. There is no SJW agenda, it is a different culture that happens to value respecting other people regardless of their connection to you.

And if you can't get the empathy angle then lets use economics. If you think that anyone in Japan, the main demographic for anime and anime merch especially, would watch the episode, you would probably be mistaken. People, especially in Japan where respect is extremely highly valued, would also see airing an episode 2 days after the fire to be very, very disrespectful and as such would like refuse to watch the show or buy merch. The people who did watch would probably not be able to dissociate the event from the show and would likely not be very enthusiastic to continue or buy merch of the series. So it would be a great economic benefit for the studio, which probably already wouldn't feel great airing the episode anyway, to at the very least delay the episode from airing.
Jul 20, 2019 12:20 PM

Aug 2017
Quinjao said:

So, showing respect to 34 dead ppl is silly, ok.

ur opinion lack seriousness.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 20, 2019 12:22 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
SerhaTR0483-2 said:
I'm sorry, Google Translate didn't help enough; can someone explain why ep 3 delayed? Someone's relative died?
In case you've somehow been living under a rock the last few days:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1792851
Jul 20, 2019 3:06 PM

Oct 2018
Nurguburu said:
Quinjao said:

So, showing respect to 34 dead ppl is silly, ok.

ur opinion lack seriousness.

It doesn't lack seriousness, It lacks moral, I'm not saying what they should or shouldn't do, I just don't see any practicality in doing what they did, no one would've blamed them for doing their job and airing the episode anyways, it wouldn't have been disrespectful. I personally don't mind waiting actually, but showing respect just for the sake of showing respect without any purpose is something I can't get behind, because let's be real, no one would have been mad at them If they aired the episode, thy're just doing their job
Jul 20, 2019 5:21 PM

May 2008
To me it looks like multiple people in here are either trolls or lack the concept of what respect and empathy mean. Or maybe they're just miserable and use this as away to vent their feelings out in some way? Dunno, can only assume.

The most ridiculous thing I've read here is this "what do they gain from respect?", and other people have answered that already, but that question really implies they literally don't know what respect is, or they do but don't understand it on a deeper level. Showing your respect for your fellow people isn't about what you gain from it or not. Surely businesses also have that in mind, but there are probably hundreds of workers who don't think about things like that, like the staff and anyone under people who NEED to think things about that.

Maybe you don't get what's the point and think they should have just aired the episode. Sure, that's your opinion. A week is not enough? For people directly affected it is not, and life does continue. This was a single action done out of respect (whatever the reasons are), to show caring. That's hollow, you say? Maybe, who knows, but there's also people who might need it, however fake. Because you don't care doesn't mean other people don't care.

The reason some of you are said to not have empathy is because whatever you say, however you try to rile people up, just shows you see no value in people unless you gain something from it.

And sadly, it's human psychology to care more about people we are associated and close with. We get horrified by events that are not the norm where we live. Which is what happened to KyoAni several days ago. We may be used to hearing people burn things down and cause casualties, but not Japanese, at least not in this scale or in their country. My country may be used to hearing about terrorist attacks overseas, so much so we're pretty much desensitized, but when one happened in our country, we were horrified. Desensitization is a way for the mind to protect itself from distress. It's human. It's probably what have made some people on here and everywhere else react like.

Every human is valuable, every death is sad and hurts someone. Sadly, it's also reality that we physically and mentally aren't able to handle every wrongdoing that's happening in the world. The world is not black and white, things aren't simple, extremes like "respect every single thing or nothing at all" are impossible. We can't do everything. Life isn't fair.

And as much as we'd like to think everything we think and do matters to others as much as we do, this is not about us. This is about what Japanese want and need right now. Discussion is healthy to have, but not like this. This just makes everyone to feel shitty, and trolls feel better about themselves.
SaradaJul 20, 2019 5:25 PM
Jul 20, 2019 5:25 PM

Oct 2018
suuB said:
Quinjao said:

It doesn't lack seriousness, It lacks moral, I'm not saying what they should or shouldn't do, I just don't see any practicality in doing what they did, no one would've blamed them for doing their job and airing the episode anyways, it wouldn't have been disrespectful. I personally don't mind waiting actually, but showing respect just for the sake of showing respect without any purpose is something I can't get behind, because let's be real, no one would have been mad at them If they aired the episode, thy're just doing their job

You can't be serious, there would be a huge backlash and shitstorm if they would have just aired it normal like nothing happened.

It would be the same kind of meaningless backlash that they are having for delaying it. It wouldn't hurt David Productions at all, it's not their responsibility, a job is a job
Jul 20, 2019 5:50 PM
Aug 2017
Quinjao said:
suuB said:

You can't be serious, there would be a huge backlash and shitstorm if they would have just aired it normal like nothing happened.

It would be the same kind of meaningless backlash that they are having for delaying it. It wouldn't hurt David Productions at all, it's not their responsibility, a job is a job
If you don't think that the Japanese public, who are the main target for anime and anime merchandise, wouldn't heavily criticize DP for airing the episode then you are probably wrong. Japan is a nation and culture built on respecting other people around you and helping where you can. It would leave a very bad taste for people in Japan if they had aired the episode, which could lead to reduced viewership and sales. For whatever little you seem to care about the empathy angle, the economic angle alone would be enough for the studio to at the very least delay the episode for a week.
Jul 20, 2019 6:01 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
SerhaTR0483-2 said:

In Japan there is an animation studio named "Kyoto Animation".

Someone lit a big fire at their main building. 33 people died.

People in the Animation industry are all quite close. The people who made "Fire Force" and the people from "Kyoto Animation", a lot of them probably were friends.

So, an anime about burning buildings is probably very distressing for them, and other people, to watch.

The official reason for delaying the episode was never given, but this is probably why.

Jul 20, 2019 6:03 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Quinjao said:
suuB said:

Ok so you think the people, who probably had friends and even family DIE in that fire, should be happily continuing to make an anime about people burning to death?

Not just that, but probably also thinking stuff like "what if we're next", "what if it was me" and other upsetting things? Feeling guilty about being alive. etc.

Plus other people should be happy to see this anime on their TV, not even a week after what is one of the WORST mass deaths in Japans modern history?

When the Tsunami in 2004 hit, an anime with a similar scene was delayed. When the nuclear reactor disaster happened in Fukushima, Coppelion, an anime about post-Nuclear Disaster Japan, was delayed for over a year. And when it was finished, all mentions of "nuclear energy" had been removed.

And this happens in America too. After 9/11, a lot of tv shows were delayed, modified. And in the years after, censored. Just think back on Yu-Gi-Oh, and the "invisible guns". thing.
quercifoliaJul 20, 2019 6:10 PM

Jul 20, 2019 8:32 PM

Apr 2007
Lol you all should just ignore the idiots complaining about the 1 week delay since they either are non-Japanese/non-Asians or have no empathy to speak of, and the only thing they are interested in is that they didn't get their weekly episode.

Obviously they also don't understand how economics work in Japan, especially in the anime industry.
Jul 20, 2019 8:43 PM

May 2015
Old_School_Akira said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Worse than FT? Yeah, no. Stop overreacting.

I’m not. Tamaki is a character who is only in the story to get raped by someone else.

Pretty much every girl in FT is a fanservice vehicle, and how hot the girls are is one of the only real selling points of the series. Everything else about it is mediocre at best. I really don't see how FF is worse. Also, she's not literally being raped. Calm down.

Jul 20, 2019 9:04 PM

May 2018
People are getting triggered by just one delayed episode, shame.

Jul 20, 2019 10:23 PM

Nov 2017
windborn said:
Lol you all should just ignore the idiots complaining about the 1 week delay since they either are non-Japanese/non-Asians or have no empathy to speak of, and the only thing they are interested in is that they didn't get their weekly episode.

Obviously they also don't understand how economics work in Japan, especially in the anime industry.

What is more annoying is how this thread is supposed to be about the episode delay and yet there are people here who are already discussing about a character that is not even debuting in the anime. Talk about ruining enjoyment and talking about spoilers to others...
Jul 21, 2019 2:10 AM

Mar 2018
> One of the most famous, cleanest anime studio was burned to the ground along with 33 talented people and its fans around the world plus the industry itself are mourning in their own ways
> Nah, we should forget what happened and relax ourselves next day by watching a show about "fire and people burning" because "there's no relation", "fuck respect", "there's no point", "they won't gain anything from it"...

Sometimes, I wonder how such people fit into the society...

Jul 21, 2019 4:43 AM

Oct 2018
darkstom248 said:
Quinjao said:

If you don't think that the Japanese public, who are the main target for anime and anime merchandise, wouldn't heavily criticize DP for airing the episode then you are probably wrong. Japan is a nation and culture built on respecting other people around you and helping where you can. It would leave a very bad taste for people in Japan if they had aired the episode, which could lead to reduced viewership and sales. For whatever little you seem to care about the empathy angle, the economic angle alone would be enough for the studio to at the very least delay the episode for a week.

How so? So fans of the show would just stop watching it because a fire happened and not only that but the loss would be so significant that will negatively affect the studio economicaly? I find that hard to believe. But I can't really argue beyond this point because the episode didn't air, we can only suppose
Jul 21, 2019 4:55 AM

Oct 2018
quercifolia said:
Quinjao said:

Ok so you think the people, who probably had friends and even family DIE in that fire, should be happily continuing to make an anime about people burning to death?

Not just that, but probably also thinking stuff like "what if we're next", "what if it was me" and other upsetting things? Feeling guilty about being alive. etc.

Plus other people should be happy to see this anime on their TV, not even a week after what is one of the WORST mass deaths in Japans modern history?

When the Tsunami in 2004 hit, an anime with a similar scene was delayed. When the nuclear reactor disaster happened in Fukushima, Coppelion, an anime about post-Nuclear Disaster Japan, was delayed for over a year. And when it was finished, all mentions of "nuclear energy" had been removed.

And this happens in America too. After 9/11, a lot of tv shows were delayed, modified. And in the years after, censored. Just think back on Yu-Gi-Oh, and the "invisible guns". thing.

The anime is gonna continue anyways, and I don't think by the time it continues the people who suffered because of the fire will be much better. Besides, no one is forcing them to watch it. They can just not wacth it. There weren't really many people affected by the fire, economicaly it wouldn't affect DP as a studio.

I'm glad they delayed it instead of modifying it though, By no means I'm saying that they shouldn't have delayed it, it's just something I don't really get in terms of practicality. But delaying it is certainly much better than invisible fire lol
Jul 21, 2019 5:16 AM
Aug 2017
Quinjao said:
darkstom248 said:

How so? So fans of the show would just stop watching it because a fire happened and not only that but the loss would be so significant that will negatively affect the studio economicaly? I find that hard to believe. But I can't really argue beyond this point because the episode didn't air, we can only suppose
Well it wasn't just "a fire". It was the worse mass killing in the country since World War 2. One of the biggest fire related death counts since 2001. It happened to a hugely influential and popular studio, who has become the standard of great quality animation and staff treatment in an industry that is horrendous for its treatment of employees. Many people in the industry are close with one another. A lot of people are still grieving. Do you think shows about plane hijackings would've done well in the US immediately post 9/11. I'll give you a hint and say that they wouldn't. There were many TV shows and movies that got delayed or completely canceled after 9/11 cause of the subject matter. Similar events have also happened in Japan before(Fukishima and another anime that got delayed a year and was heavily censored from what I've heard, episodes of Psycho Pass possibly being blamed for a murder that happened during airing, an earthquake ended up getting a show censored and delayed, etc). There is plenty of precedent for there being a visceral reaction if they had just aired the show after the fire, especially in a country like Japan.
Jul 21, 2019 6:37 AM

Dec 2012
I wouldn't fault them for airing it, but it's understandable and shows a great degree of thoughtfulness. Imagine trying to watch Zankyou no Terror a few days after 9/11.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

119 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

243 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

176 by ArthurKFC »»
Apr 16, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by beamtoes »»
Apr 10, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

386 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 1:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.