Forum Settings
Forums
Jul 18, 3:57 PM

It premiers in cinemas today. Any idea how long it will take for us non-cinema viewers will be able to watch it?

Jul 18, 4:10 PM

Probably next year or better yet, another leak gets uploaded online and we get to watch it early like what happened to Your Name, but I doubt that.

Jul 18, 5:53 PM
Any moment now.
:)

Jul 18, 6:19 PM
Alea iacta est

I don't think a camrip is likely to show up.

Jul 18, 6:22 PM

End of the year at the earliest I guess, unless there's leaks. I'm hoping this will get a theatrical release in my country sometime soon though. Madman has been doing well with anime theatrical releases in the past few years.

Jul 18, 7:52 PM
A raw movie will be up fairly soon I bet however a subbed won't be up I bet for at least 6 months and at latest a year. It all depends who will be subbing it.

Jul 18, 8:13 PM

Movies usually take 6 months to be properly subbed online unless you want to see a version recorded with a smartphone from the Cinema.

Doing Finish or Fail
To Clear up my On Hold List
and fill it again :p

Jul 19, 7:23 AM
If you really scour the internet you'll find a mobile recording of the movie within the next few days, but if you are talking about a full source 1080p version of the movie you may be waiting some months (I'd guess 2 or 3) and if you're talking about a half-decent sub of the movie you'll be waiting 4-6 months *at least*. I cri evri tim.

Jul 19, 8:13 AM

It's usually when the bluray comes out and/or the movie gets uploaded to anime streaming platforms like Crunchyroll.

Which can take a long freaking while, usually at least 6 months.

Since Kimi no na Wa stayed for a long time in the cinemas in Japan, the bluray took almost one year to be released.
supreme master of the godtaste

Jul 19, 11:13 AM
The important question is: Will the "high-quality videofile + good subs" version be out before christmas or not?

Jul 19, 2:42 PM
sarazanmai said:
Any moment now.
:)

i really hope so since i've been counting days to this

Jul 19, 3:13 PM

I'm going to see it September 19th through phantom events

Jul 20, 3:49 AM
DemBananasFTW said:

how do y'all get to know when/if an anime movie is being shown in your country's cinemas?
google doesnt offer any information on that.

Jul 21, 7:23 AM

I remember watching Kimi no na wa before the end of 2016, it came out in like August that same year. So yeah, expecting to wait a similar time span of 2-3months before I get a good quality subbed version of it on the internet.

Jul 21, 7:46 AM

Lumi_Mieli said:
DemBananasFTW said:

how do y'all get to know when/if an anime movie is being shown in your country's cinemas?
google doesnt offer any information on that.

The event's social networks Usually announce stuff like that. Here in Mexico, and in most of latin America even, the ones that bring Anime Movies to cinema most of the Time are the "Konnichiwa Festival" crew. They update their social media saying stuff like "We are gonna be screening _________ (Insert Movie) In select cinemas in the states of ___________(Insert States) next weekend". I Don't think that the event he is mentioning is that much different.

Doing Finish or Fail
To Clear up my On Hold List
and fill it again :p

Jul 21, 10:31 PM
DemBananasFTW said:

Wait do you mean Fathom Events? And if so are you sure? I thought they were only showing Promare that day.

Jul 22, 9:08 AM

Probably in February or March.

Jul 25, 3:25 AM
i think a better bet is seeing it in cinemas, hopefully the uk doesent fuck up again

Jul 28, 9:32 AM

Yeah, it is a bit sad to see that it takes about half a year for it to be released in NA cinemas. I'm even worse off, in Germany it took 1.5 years for Kimi no na wa to be released. I vastly prefer watching subs, so everyone know's what i'll do in order to watch it (once somebody finally uploads it). Still going to go to the cinema and maybe buy figurines to support my favorite creator!

Jul 29, 6:08 AM

Why does it take so long to get released in theaters at worldwide? Hollywood movies has simultaneously worldwide releases but why don't Japanese movies? It is even worse in here at EU periphery (Finland). Usually it takes so long to get theater release here that you can watch these from other sources. And then theaters here wonder why don't people come to watch it. Of course people won't because true anime fans has seen it already from some other sources. It is pain to wait 0.5-1.5 year for theater release. :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 29, 10:08 AM
anime movies generally takes a long time, dbs broly was leaked a few days after the release in theaters but I don't think we'll be that lucky with this one

Today, 2:01 AM
I smell piracy here. Hmmmmmm