Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 18, 2019 7:45 AM
Oct 2018
Can Someone say Aot flaws ?
My friend sees this show as a flawless show , when I tell him some flaws , he says that I am the only one who say like this
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 18, 2019 8:04 AM

Sep 2018
I mean it's really based on personal opinion. It's fine if you want to tell them that it does, that's fine, but it's a bit hard to believe that your friend wants to believe it. But here are some of the things that I was able to notice.

Season 1
Eren is a huge whiny bitch. It's a bid hard, in my opinion, to like him in that season, and it takes some real time for him to develop, and seeing that he is the main protagonist of the show, it sometimes got a bit annoying.

The plot is focused on the hype of titan slaughtering and there are a few moments of cheap shock factor that didn't really sit too well with me.

The use of CG isn't always the best. Take the horses in a few episodes. You can really notice the CG, and it looks really wacky.

Season 2
This one isn't as bad as the first season, but most of the same apply to the use of CG, and one such example of this is the Colossal Titan. It just doesn't look good.

Eren is still more of the less the same, but this time, he's actually using strategy, instead of rage and emotions.

At first, I wasn't a huge fan of the tone shift, as I was perfectly fine, but now I've come to appreciate it, as it does great worldbuilding, and sets the tone even more.

Season 3 P1
I'm really not the biggest fan of uprisings, but I don't mind if they are done well, and it's not bad, but it's not something that I really expected from this

The OP. I'm sorry if you like it, but it's just not good. I don't really care that it's vastly different from other seasons, but the use of engrish in this really didn't sit well with me.

The animation quality has decreased. Sure it still has some amazing moments (take episode 39 for example), but you'll notice that there's a lot of static lip flaps and static images with voice overs.

Season 3 P2
The only problem with this is that the Colossal Titan looks like complete shit. Other than that, zero problems.

"Literary experts revealed that reviews on sites like MyAnimeList kill more than 200 brain cells per second."

- Joey, "The Anime Man"
Jul 18, 2019 8:52 AM

Jul 2017
I've heard this quite a bit from manga readers, but in S3 P2,

And how Reiner goes through so much punishment yet somehow always lives
Jul 18, 2019 10:09 AM
Feb 2017
fitemeillreku said:
I mean it's really based on personal opinion. It's fine if you want to tell them that it does, that's fine, but it's a bit hard to believe that your friend wants to believe it. But here are some of the things that I was able to notice.

Season 1
Eren is a huge whiny bitch. It's a bid hard, in my opinion, to like him in that season, and it takes some real time for him to develop, and seeing that he is the main protagonist of the show, it sometimes got a bit annoying.

The plot is focused on the hype of titan slaughtering and there are a few moments of cheap shock factor that didn't really sit too well with me.

The use of CG isn't always the best. Take the horses in a few episodes. You can really notice the CG, and it looks really wacky.

Season 2
This one isn't as bad as the first season, but most of the same apply to the use of CG, and one such example of this is the Colossal Titan. It just doesn't look good.

Eren is still more of the less the same, but this time, he's actually using strategy, instead of rage and emotions.

At first, I wasn't a huge fan of the tone shift, as I was perfectly fine, but now I've come to appreciate it, as it does great worldbuilding, and sets the tone even more.

Season 3 P1
I'm really not the biggest fan of uprisings, but I don't mind if they are done well, and it's not bad, but it's not something that I really expected from this

The OP. I'm sorry if you like it, but it's just not good. I don't really care that it's vastly different from other seasons, but the use of engrish in this really didn't sit well with me.

The animation quality has decreased. Sure it still has some amazing moments (take episode 39 for example), but you'll notice that there's a lot of static lip flaps and static images with voice overs.

Season 3 P2
The only problem with this is that the Colossal Titan looks like complete shit. Other than that, zero problems.

To be fair, I think Eren's progression after S3P2 removes it from being a "flaw", as his character actually develops from the once "I want all titans to die!" whiny boy from the first season.
Jul 18, 2019 10:16 AM

Jul 2019
Uchihakira said:
My friend sees this show as a flawless show , when I tell him some flaws , he says that I am the only one who say like this
Ask keragamming politely, he knows good and bad things of the show very well. For me it has few things bad maybe in dozens (sure this show also has hundreds of things good also) but I still think Keragamming will explain it better imo.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Jul 18, 2019 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
-main characters (esp. eren/mikasa) become more annoying each season

-

-a lot of the scout "operation"/mission/battle whatever scenes are repetitive and sometimes things in them are almost exactly the same

and honestly i just found the show gets really boring later on, it feels like up to this point a whole bunch of nothing has happened, but i think theres a decent chance season 4 could move it back in the right direction

really though how can your friend honestly think you're the only one who sees flaws in it lol, its fine to think anything is flawless but it seems a little on the ridiculous side to think there wouldnt be anyone with different thoughts
Jul 18, 2019 10:48 AM

Sep 2018
BlakexEkalb said:
fitemeillreku said:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3 P1

Season 3 P2

To be fair, I think Eren's progression after S3P2 removes it from being a "flaw", as his character actually develops from the once "I want all titans to die!" whiny boy from the first season.

Exactly. I didn't mention that in the S3 flaws because I honestly think that his development is some of the best character development.
"Literary experts revealed that reviews on sites like MyAnimeList kill more than 200 brain cells per second."

- Joey, "The Anime Man"
Jul 18, 2019 10:55 AM

Jul 2019
CowboyMode said:

-

-a lot of the scout "operation"/mission/battle whatever scenes are repetitive and sometimes things in them are almost exactly the same

and honestly i just found the show gets really boring later on, it feels like up to this point a whole bunch of nothing has happened, but i think theres a decent chance season 4 could move it back in the right direction

really though how can your friend honestly think you're the only one who sees flaws in it lol, its fine to think anything is flawless but it seems a little on the ridiculous side to think there wouldnt be anyone with different thoughts
CowboyMode said:

-

look at both the fights of levi with annie and zeke , see the animation. They are pretty different.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Jul 18, 2019 10:58 AM

Jan 2018
Uchihakira said:

No anime is perfect m8, even shows like Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist, and everything else have flaws.

But this thread will surely get a lot of salt...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 18, 2019 11:14 AM

Dec 2014
If you need to make a thread to squizz from us some flaws, maybe your friend is not so far from the truth. At this point, it seems, that you don't think your friend is wrong, but you just want to be right.

On topic though... AOT is neither flawed nor flawless. It has things that you either like or either don't. From the moment you asked for flaws, you basically put it on a pedestal.
fitemeillreku mentioned as a flaw, Eren being whinny in the first season. That's not flaw thou, is a characteristic that you either find appealing or not. Personally, I was ok with Eren being whinny in the first season. He was a child who saw his town destroyed and mother being eaten alive by titans. Is perfectly natural for him to be full of rage, anger and confusing emotions, especially taking in consideration that he is a teenager in the first season. So it's a realist depiction.

Truth is that AOT is an exceptional anime, with no actual objective flaws. And you should realize this by reading the answers and observing that peoples tried really hard to find flaws, and all of them are superficial like: ''I didn't like the CGI for the horses in episode X'', to minor details, that play no importance in the actual show. The Animation is great, the music is great, the characters are good, the plot is good and just gets better. There is really nothing to complain about. It has the recipe for a great anime. At the end of the day, it is good or bad is simply based on your own opinion and preferences. But you find nothing objective from us that would make you win an argument with your friend.
Jul 18, 2019 11:40 AM
Oct 2018
kronopy said:
If you need to make a thread to squizz from us some flaws, maybe your friend is not so far from the truth. At this point, it seems, that you don't think your friend is wrong, but you just want to be right.

On topic though... AOT is neither flawed nor flawless. It has things that you either like or either don't. From the moment you asked for flaws, you basically put it on a pedestal.
fitemeillreku mentioned as a flaw, Eren being whinny in the first season. That's not flaw thou, is a characteristic that you either find appealing or not. Personally, I was ok with Eren being whinny in the first season. He was a child who saw his town destroyed and mother being eaten alive by titans. Is perfectly natural for him to be full of rage, anger and confusing emotions, especially taking in consideration that he is a teenager in the first season. So it's a realist depiction.

Truth is that AOT is an exceptional anime, with no actual objective flaws. And you should realize this by reading the answers and observing that peoples tried really hard to find flaws, and all of them are superficial like: ''I didn't like the CGI for the horses in episode X'', to minor details, that play no importance in the actual show. The Animation is great, the music is great, the characters are good, the plot is good and just gets better. There is really nothing to complain about. It has the recipe for a great anime. At the end of the day, it is good or bad is simply based on your own opinion and preferences. But you find nothing objective from us that would make you win an argument with your friend.

I will only comment on the first two lines

I told him about some flaws but he said that I am the only one who say like this and After this thread I amnot the only one who say like this lol
Jul 18, 2019 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
The Levi and Erwin shirtless panels not being in the anime is a pretty big flaw.

Kidding aside, I'm sure it has some just as any show does but for me none of them are glaring enough to even come to mind. Also, Mikasa.
Jul 18, 2019 12:03 PM

Oct 2010
Mikasa not cutting armor titan's 2nd leg, if she did it, he couldn't move near the spot where the collosal planned to land. Not really a flaw but kinda weird. They had the chance to kill the fvcking traitors.
Jul 18, 2019 12:04 PM
Jul 2013
Reiner has pretty much plot armor. Eren's personality is rather annoying. Armin is useless for most of the time and got saved to keep the "nakama" together (the writer is atleast aware of that). In my opinion season 3 part 1 was really boring, and its mostly Isayama's fault, as the manga was boring aswell on that part, (I don't really have a problem with politics in general). Uh... not everything was really planned ahead of time, if you've read the manga you'll see a few things that suddenly appear out of nowhere that never existed before they were mentioned and were supposed to exist as otherwise the way a few characters behaved the entire series would make no sense, which means that in terms of writing it simply came out of nowhere, which could be considered as a plot hole.

Uh... I don't think Isayama knows what he wants to do with Annie, and the fact all trio are titans was kind of obvious the moment Annie was revealed as one.
Some arcs are kind of pointless, boring, and most characters in this series could be considered as pure fodder and are used to make the titans feel horrible and dangerous, even though we barely get to know said characters before they are killed so the impact of their death is barely noticeable.

BUT, even though this series isn't perfect, it is one of the better ones we had in the past couple of years, so there is that.
Jul 18, 2019 12:17 PM

Oct 2013
Armados said:
Reiner has pretty much plot armor. Eren's personality is rather annoying. Armin is useless for most of the time and got saved to keep the "nakama" together (the writer is atleast aware of that). In my opinion season 3 part 1 was really boring, and its mostly Isayama's fault, as the manga was boring aswell on that part, (I don't really have a problem with politics in general). Uh... not everything was really planned ahead of time, if you've read the manga you'll see a few things that suddenly appear out of nowhere that never existed before they were mentioned and were supposed to exist as otherwise the way a few characters behaved the entire series would make no sense, which means that in terms of writing it simply came out of nowhere, which could be considered as a plot hole.

Uh... I don't think Isayama knows what he wants to do with Annie, and the fact all trio are titans was kind of obvious the moment Annie was revealed as one.
Some arcs are kind of pointless, boring, and most characters in this series could be considered as pure fodder and are used to make the titans feel horrible and dangerous, even though we barely get to know said characters before they are killed so the impact of their death is barely noticeable.

BUT, even though this series isn't perfect, it is one of the better ones we had in the past couple of years, so there is that.

If you are going to say stuff like "it came out of nowhere" atleast give a few examples or an example.
Jul 18, 2019 12:35 PM

Apr 2018
As much as i love AoT, i do have some gripes with it:

-overall, it's a little too focused on plot but not enough character development. Almost no characters feel like they have sufficiently fleshed-out personalities.

-frequent flashback sequences during action scenes (mainly in S2) get annoying.

-Reiner has a serious case of Plot Armor, and it was especially apparent in S3 P2. I guess he was given that particular Titan for a reason.

-it really feels like Isayama has no idea of what to do with Annie's character. He might as well have frozen her in carbonite, if y'all catch my meaning.

-Floch's godawful hairstyle makes any scene where he's onscreen a little hard to take seriously (yes, even the "choice" scene).
Stygian_PrisonerJul 18, 2019 12:47 PM
Jul 18, 2019 12:42 PM

Jun 2019
I'm only commenting from the perspective of someone who has seen the entirety of season one and roughly half of season two where I dropped the show.

My biggest gripes:

- Style over substance. First few minutes of every episode devoted to a recap portion and the last couple of minutes always ending on some baiting cliffhanger. This made it feel really weak and anemic on actual meat and content. It made me feel like I was watching one giant promotional ad rather than a story that would take the time to slow down and let you get properly invested in it. It just felt like moving from plot point A to B to C which might be what a lot of super-modern audiences want. Just comes off as gimmicky to me.

- Flat and shallow characterization

To me, they took what could be one of the most inventive and wondrous premises out there and went and ruined it with the way they told the story and characters you don't care about.

WatchTillTandavaJul 18, 2019 12:47 PM
Jul 18, 2019 12:44 PM

Mar 2019
There are various characters in with visible humps of fat on their chest; not all romance is blood-related; some characters exceed the age of 10 as well; their eyes are way too small too.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 18, 2019 12:53 PM
Jul 2013
keragamming said:
Armados said:

If you are going to say stuff like "it came out of nowhere" atleast give a few examples or an example.

Well... keep in mind that is a manga spoiler...
You should check it out only if you don't care about spoilers or know what happens in the manga.

I guess that example is enough... I don't really want to start talking about spoilers in an obviously anime-related thread.
Jul 18, 2019 12:56 PM

Nov 2011
Armados said:
... and most characters in this series could be considered as pure fodder and are used to make the titans feel horrible and dangerous, even though we barely get to know said characters before they are killed so the impact of their death is barely noticeable.

This is always my problem everytime I watched AoT. AoT didn't give side characters justice. But yeah many other animes are also like that, for example Naruto. In Naruto, it is weird how useless other ninjas compared to younger ninjas in Naruto's generation (and senior ninjas with names of course), other villages are even worse than Konoha (before the last arc they were basically not exist).
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 18, 2019 1:06 PM

May 2016
BlakexEkalb said:
fitemeillreku said:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3 P1

Season 3 P2

BlakexEkalb said:
fitemeillreku said:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3 P1

Season 3 P2

It is not a character development when after a time skip, a character behaves completely different than before the time skip. Isayama literally left out the development part of the character, we can only see the result of that development. Which is terrible and cheap writing in my eyes, and shows Isayama's mediocrity as a writer.
-
Jul 18, 2019 1:10 PM

Oct 2013
WatchTillTandava said:
I'm only commenting from the perspective of someone who has seen the entirety of season one and roughly half of season two where I dropped the show.

My biggest gripes:

- Style over substance. First few minutes of every episode devoted to a recap portion and the last couple of minutes always ending on some baiting cliffhanger. This made it feel really weak and anemic on actual meat and content. It made me feel like I was watching one giant promotional ad rather than a story that would take the time to slow down and let you get properly invested in it. It just felt like moving from plot point A to B to C which might be what a lot of super-modern audiences want. Just comes off as gimmicky to me.

To me, they took what could be one of the most inventive and wondrous premises out there and went and ruined it with the way they told the story and characters you don't care about.

Yeah, you might want to catch up to the latest season, your opinion might change a lot. Those criticism is pretty well known back in season 1, I've always said that because how snk is constructed, it looks shallow but it is far from that.

You have basically watch about 20/25% of the story, it has time to address those issues and it did address those criticism you listed, once you reach up the latest season, you will realise that style over substance talk is very outdated.

Again though, I can understand why you wouldn't want to continue a series you don't like.
Jul 18, 2019 1:21 PM

Dec 2012
-Inconsistent animation quality: Sometimes it looks amazing, others there's cheapo still frames
-The main characters are a bit too simple and could use more fleshing out
-Split seasons kill some of my interest, this game of Red Light/Green Light is getting annoying.
-The Titans look stupid and are hard to take seriously
-Too much characters death, and they're mostly cannon fodder we never got to know so it means nothing.
-Not enough Mikasa doing OP Mikasa things or Levi doing OP Levi things
-All the constant shouting/screaming and whining.

There's a few other things like:

KruszerJul 18, 2019 1:49 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 18, 2019 1:45 PM

Jul 2013
- The first 2 seasons were too sloooooooow. There's not nearly enough content to justify the number of episode. S1, especially, had 3 minutes of recaps at the beginning of many episodes ON TOP OF several filler scenes.

- The constant "Eren got kidnapped again, we have to go save him" in the first 3 seasons.

- The repeated mention of "outside the war, there's sea, desert, bla bla bla". It was cool the first time, but the show felt the need to remind us like 3 times every season and it gets quite annoying.

- I dislike Armin's VA when she speaks in, for the lack of better terms, "edgy voice" as a narrator. It felt so try-hard and I can never take it seriously.

- Annie was forgotten entirely after the first season.

- Reiner should be dead 10 times over by now, yet somehow he's still alive.
Jul 18, 2019 1:50 PM

Oct 2013
Armados said:
keragamming said:

You should check it out only if you don't care about spoilers or know what happens in the manga.

I guess that example is enough... I don't really want to start talking about spoilers in an obviously anime-related thread.

keragammingJul 18, 2019 1:54 PM
Jul 18, 2019 1:51 PM
Dec 2018
too much crying especially from armin hes one hell of a crybaby
Jul 18, 2019 2:50 PM

Jun 2019
keragamming said:
WatchTillTandava said:

My biggest gripes:

Yeah, you might want to catch up to the latest season, your opinion might change a lot. Those criticism is pretty well known back in season 1, I've always said that because how snk is constructed, it looks shallow but it is far from that.

You have basically watch about 20/25% of the story, it has time to address those issues and it did address those criticism you listed, once you reach up the latest season, you will realise that style over substance talk is very outdated.

Again though, I can understand why you wouldn't want to continue a series you don't like.

Thanks, that's all understandable and good info to be armed with.

Just so you know (and anyone else reading), I didn't hate it. I rarely hate any anime I watch because I'm able to do basic research of reading through synopses, watching a few non-spoilery reviews or overviews, etc. and am not going in blind, so if something didn't attract me about the premise, I wouldn't have ever started watching it in the first place. I like the premise of every anime I start. Then it's up to the execution of said premise, which is where many falter.

I would give (and am pretty sure I already have in the ratings system) the first season a 7/10 and the second season a 3/10, from what I saw of it, which would average to about a 5/10 for the series up to the point I stopped watching. A 5/10 is an "average" rating. It's just that at that rating I wasn't motivated to continue at the time, given also that the third season wasn't even out yet at the time.

So I may give it a second chance eventually if/when I run dry on appealing PTW series.
Jul 18, 2019 7:17 PM

Oct 2012
All I can say is it gets kind of tedious whenever literally every background character is an emotive sheep that whimsically get convinced of any utterance of a word anybody says. They do this a lot in anime to set the scene, and it's stupid.

You might say that some of the character actions don't really make sense is a flaw, but it's totally reasonable that in such heightened tension people are a bit irrational. It depends on how convincing the director/producer sells this idea that the characters are not in complete mental control, as opposed to people just acting as the plot requires them to. This all depends on how each individual viewer is immersed into the show to get distracted by these details, so it's subjective.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 19, 2019 11:00 AM

Sep 2017
The CGi used for the Colossal Titan and some landscapes is pretty ugly sometimes
Aug 16, 2019 3:10 AM

Aug 2019
Armados said:
keragamming said:

You'll need to go back and re-read the manga. There's a reason ...
Aug 16, 2019 3:15 AM

Aug 2019
It had some pacing issues in S1 between the 1st and 2nd Trost attacks, which were dragged out for too long. The whole season could have been condensed into 21-22 episodes instead.

I also didn't like what they did in the anime with Eren's Berserk titan in Episode 25. They should have stuck with the manga version which depicted Eren getting his ass kicked for a 2nd time, but working with his team-mates, was able to defeat her. However, the anime version was probably more hype as a conclusion to the series so can understand why they changed it.

S2 and S3 Pt2 were were good, aside from the very noticeable CGI Colossal Titan. If only WiT would take a note out of Ufotable's book when incorporating CGI.

S3 Pt1 had a noticable lull from EP3-EP6, but that's just personal taste. Perhaps others prefer the more pedestrian pace after a all-action first couple of episodes.
Aug 16, 2019 3:49 AM

Dec 2015
The animation in the early episodes of season 3 part 1 was literally trash tier.
Background characters stood stock still for minutes at a time and even the characters being focused on only ever moved their mouth lips and nobody ever blinks.
It was honestly insultingly lazy animation.
Aug 16, 2019 3:54 AM
Jul 2018
Bobby2Hands said:
The animation in the early episodes of season 3 part 1 was literally trash tier.
Background characters stood stock still for minutes at a time and even the characters being focused on only ever moved their mouth lips and nobody ever blinks.
It was honestly insultingly lazy animation.

They just didn't have enough time to make the episodes. It was rather rushed animation than lazy.
Aug 16, 2019 6:11 AM

Oct 2008
Eren is an immature annoying and thick headed protagonist. The reveal of the giant and armored titans was the lamest occurrence in the entire franchise. The grand 3d/CGI titan is ugly compared to the 1st season. The 2nd and 3rd part 1 seasons were atrocities, except for a handful of episodes.
Aug 16, 2019 6:42 AM
Apr 2019
no anime,even a single season is flawless. The greatest animes of all time have flaws. AoT,too have some flaws.
I think your friend meant "flawless" by referring to the point that everything(almost) in AoT world looks realistic and understandable.

And this is another AoT related thread!! Lol people are getting interested in this anime!
Aug 16, 2019 6:57 AM

Jun 2014
The main problems are:

- It's too violent.
- Some characters, including male characters, wear skirts over their pants.

Aug 16, 2019 6:58 AM

Apr 2017
Probably the biggest AoT imo is in its characters. They work fine within the show and they get some development, but at the same time they remain pretty empty. There isn't really anything particularly interesting about any of them imo. They have some basic personalities, but only few gets explored in detail and even then it's not much. This is probably not a flaw for people that do not care about characters much, since as a plot device characters work well enough. But for me as a character focused person it's a shame.

Otherwise besides some plot conveniences which, while flaws, are hard to avoid and some other minor complaints I don't see any other major flaws. Most of it flaws aren't really flaws per se, but rather something that may or may not be a flaw depending on what one likes. For example its story being relatively classic Shounen formula (especially prior to S3) may be a flaw for some and strength or something neutral for others.

More action minded people might consider S3 flawed because of the time it spent on development they may not necessarily consider important, while people who care about that aspect may legitimately complain it came too late.

But in general it's pretty solid show that can stand well enough for most people (hence its popularity) even if for many some aspects may be flaws, they are more matter of opinion than genuine flaws. Of course lack of flaws doesn't make show good in itself, it's just makes it less likely to be bad.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Aug 16, 2019 7:05 AM

Jul 2019
Seiya said:
The main problems are:

- It's too violent.
- It's violent but not as violent as some other anime so the word too violent is not suitable for it.
_ Lmao, I m not sure about the other one.
Aug 16, 2019 7:06 AM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
The main problems are:

- It's too violent.

"The gas cools when expanding, the skirt protects the soldier from cold metal"
Aug 16, 2019 7:07 AM

Jun 2014
laviha said:
Seiya said:
The main problems are:

- It's too violent.

The gas cools when expanding, the skirt protects the soldier from cold metal

Lol, really? :P

I've never watched AoT, so I honestly don't know if I'm being trolled here or not. :P

Aug 16, 2019 7:10 AM

Sep 2018
I honestly didn't like the first two seasons very much (Glad I stuck it out though). Eren literally just screamed and cried and, while I realize this is associated with his development, I didn't find him to be a very enjoyable MC.

The show early on was carried by the premise, Levi, and Erwin (IMO), so I certainly don't think it was flawless.

But that's just my opinion.
Blanks.
Aug 16, 2019 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
laviha said:

The gas cools when expanding, the skirt protects the soldier from cold metal

I've never watched AoT, so I honestly don't know if I'm being trolled here or not. :P

Well then if you watch you'll understand that I'm not trolling. Also if you haven't watched it you can't really be here telling your problems with the show when this thread is actually about the flaws of the show. Just saying.
Aug 16, 2019 7:19 AM

Jul 2019
BallisticRiot said:
I honestly didn't like the first two seasons very much (Glad I stuck it out though). Eren literally just screamed and cried and, while I realize this is associated with his development, I didn't find him to be a very enjoyable MC.

The show early on was carried by the premise, Levi, and Erwin (IMO), so I certainly don't think it was flawless.

But that's just my opinion.
In first 2 seasons Mikasa was cool but in the whole 3rd season + the last OVA of lost girls, we get to know her character very precisely that she do not care about herself. She is somewhat dead inside. It makes her a tragic character.
Aug 16, 2019 7:32 AM

Jun 2014
laviha said:
Seiya said:

Well then if you watch you'll understand that I'm not trolling. Also if you haven't watched it you can't really be here telling your problems with the show when this thread is actually about the flaws of the show. Just saying.

I would never watch something as violent as AoT.

Aug 16, 2019 11:13 AM

Sep 2018
Ok. My dude if he thinks SnK is PERFECT he should do something....i don't know just something.
Ill keep it as short as possible. ALso i won't focus on the manga, the later parts do some things better but its still deeply flawed.

1. Worldbuilding....did you know there was a underground under the surface inside the wall, no? Well i can't blame you since it does barely anything in the actual story. Religion inside the wall is basicially "we think the walls are gods" thats it, nothing more. Those 2 examples are just some of the lackluster world of Shingeki.

2.Realism....the fight Beast v Levi is fucking ridiculous....its humanly not possible he twisted nearly every bone in his body. The same goes for almost every fight in the story.
NO Character has PTSD of somesort, i mean if you see everyone of your friends get eated by naked giants you would be traumatized for live.

3. Characters....Eren is a edgy screaming boi that is incapable of thinking beyond his hatred for Titants or any other emotion he might have at the moment. Mikasa is by far the worst Character of the series, i mean its Kirito level of Character writin, she proteccs Eren and it doesnt matter if she might die or something.

4.Not gay enough. I mean Levi slapped and kicked eren...he liked it why don't you make the ship offical :/

I could write an essay about the flaws of SnK but it still has positive points dont get me wrong, but i just don't get the people thinking its perfect or even great....i understand if you highly enjoyed the series but enjoyment doesn't equal quality.
Aug 16, 2019 10:35 PM
Jan 2019
tbh, aot itself is flaws. smack ur friends head with bible or something so he could think straight
Aug 16, 2019 10:42 PM

Oct 2013
Literally everything has flaws to some extent, fans just choose to ignore them.
Aug 16, 2019 10:59 PM
Sep 2018
Terrible characters, absolutely horrendous characterization, terrible dialogue and writing and general, bad pacing, An ironic lack of tension as the series progressed and made all of its main characters invincible, laughably stupid lore that is far too expansive for its own good (seriously the ending of that one S3 episodes made me think that the titans were literal Jews, like in Nazi Germany slums and shit), lack of focus, and it's honestly pretty boring. There's more obviously, but that's all that I can think of for now. At best the show is mindlessly entertaining, and at worst it's bafflingly stupid, and tbh it's more often the latter than the former.
Aug 16, 2019 11:05 PM

Jan 2009
it tries to be a science fiction story at first with like detailed technical rules of their weapons and even the Titans biology but its not scientifically accurate especially the Titan science and we know now this is more of a supernatural fantasy story
Aug 17, 2019 1:01 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread moved from Anime Discussion
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.