Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think of this socioeconomic model?

New
Jul 18, 2019 2:10 AM

Jul 2016
My idea is, in an entire family, one of the parents must work. Nobody else in the family has to work.

So there would be far fewer workers, but the individual parent from each family would make a shit ton more money than any average worker under current systems, so they have great incentive to work.

They are paid so much because of so few workers, so their work is highly valued. And they would be skilled at what they do. It sounds like a win-win to me.

Other people in the family can work if they want. It's optional. So they will be paid less because they don't need as much. Their parent is already making an assload for the family.

(When someone retires, they make the exact amount they made at the job.)
Jul 18, 2019 2:25 AM

Jan 2009
supply and demand related to workers and wages
the less supply of workers and the hgiher demand for them means higher wages

but current economy which is capitalism does not work that way especially with globalization (outsourcing/offshoring/immigrants) giving oversupply of workers/labor that makes wages cheap (and add automation too that makes wages more cheap to even jobs obsolete)

although ye you can join the right wing groups that are anti-immigration and anti-globalization though lol even though im sure automation progress is the bigger problem anyway so human labor will literally become worthless sooner or later

Jul 18, 2019 4:14 AM

Jul 2016
How would this system account for non-nuclear families, or people who are physically incapable of working? Does each group have a designated 'breadwinner' and in that case, isn't that basically what we have already but with minimum wage replaced by a maximum wage? Cause if that's the case I'm down for it.
Jul 18, 2019 6:52 AM

Jan 2019
This is basically the model from most of the 20th century in the American middle class when the father was the sole provider for the family.

Feminism over-saturated the job market.
Jul 18, 2019 8:17 AM
May 2019
I'am not a big fan of 1950s USA traditional gender roles stuff and I don't know how much it is economically viable in todays climate, but if two people who are in a relationship agree to it who am I to argue.
Jul 18, 2019 8:44 AM

Mar 2019
IpreferEcchi said:
They are paid so much because of so few workers, so their work is highly valued. And they would be skilled at what they do. It sounds like a win-win to me.
Then in many families more parents will just work because it's paid so much and the salary will go down again.

Basically your argument is a special case of the argument of "If we all kept our prices up we would make more"; the end result is that one of "all" is going to underbid the rest and sell more and then the others will follow to compete; it takes only one to not do it for the system to collapse; that's the basic præmise of the capitalist œconomy and why there is a market.

Other people in the family can work if they want. It's optional. So they will be paid less because they don't need as much. Their parent is already making an assload for the family.
How would they be paid less? They do the same work so they get paid the same and as said then every family would take advantage of these higher incomes and the salaries will drop again.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 18, 2019 2:57 PM

Oct 2012
That's not how it works. If you limit the worker supply, production does down. Then, demand would have to go down since having greater demand than supply increases prices. If demand goes down, then what you're saying is that everyone should accept a lower quality of life.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 20, 2019 11:58 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
This is...this is not how Economics works...like...at all.
Economics is fun, read a text book like "Basic Economics" by Thomas Sowell or watch a series like Crash Course Economics on YouTube or even just go half way by listening to a podcast like Planet Money that combines Economics with other stuff to make it more easily digestible. Understanding basic Economics is useful to understanding a lot of the systems that dictate our society and will help you get ahead in life.
Jul 21, 2019 12:07 AM

Aug 2014
...What about single people? Will you opt for state-mandated marriages ala Love & Lies?
Jul 21, 2019 2:32 AM

Mar 2008
It unfairly places all the pressure on males and makes single people homeless.
Jul 21, 2019 2:58 AM

Jul 2016
SadMadoka said:
...What about single people? Will you opt for state-mandated marriages ala Love & Lies?

One parent makes a shitload of money for all of their children for as long as that parent lives. Even when that parent retires, the children are entitled to some of it. Additionally and optionally, children can work to supplement it, but they wouldn't need to.

traed said:

It doesn't make single people homeless. See above.
IpreferEcchiJul 21, 2019 3:03 AM
Jul 21, 2019 3:04 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
It sucks. Promotes dependency. There's a reason women wanted to work and it's because economic dependency to the males of your patriarchal country means no social emancipation possible for you. Same stuff for migrants...
Plus reasonably, more workers are needed when the consumers increase demographically: up goes the demand, up will follow the production, up will follow the employment. That's why the idea more people should work will rise in such a context. And people working want an equal salary to that of the dude next door, whose skill is equivalently recognized.

Jul 21, 2019 3:25 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
So basically that only one parent is part of childs growth?

That is dumb. Both parents should equally spend as much time with their children. Thus parents should have balanced work with shifts so both sides can spend enough time with a child.

Or even better both parents work on reduced load/time and still earn well enough thus giving even more time of being part of childs growth period.
Jul 21, 2019 3:36 AM

Mar 2008
IpreferEcchi said:
SadMadoka said:

One parent makes a shitload of money for all of their children for as long as that parent lives. Even when that parent retires, the children are entitled to some of it. Additionally and optionally, children can work to supplement it, but they wouldn't need to.

traed said:

It doesn't make single people homeless. See above.

That isn't how it works in reality at all. You're pulling numbers out of your ass here.
Jul 21, 2019 3:45 AM

Jul 2016
traed said:
That isn't how it works in reality at all. You're pulling numbers out of your ass here.

No shit that's not how it works in reality.

I'm proposing a model where a parent makes money for the entire family. The entire family gets the money, period. Even if they're moved out, etc.

I'm not pulling any numbers out of my ass. I didn't give specific numbers. This is a hypothetical I'd like to see happen.
Jul 21, 2019 5:39 AM

Jul 2019
I'm against it. What wold happen if parents got divorced the parent without job would be screwed. This would create power imbalance and it would mean that parent without job would have to endure potential abuse from other parent all because of the fear of divorce. This is the reason why many women stayed with their abusive misogynistic husbands in before sexual revolution there is no reason to go back to that archaic time period.

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Jul 21, 2019 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
You just want your father and your sugar-daddy to be the same person for as long as possible?))
Jul 21, 2019 9:14 AM

Nov 2013
Yes, the genius tradcon ideology.
If you don't care about lowering productivity, we should at least bother to look at the concept that the more people you have working on something, the less work each person has to due. Instead of having men due all the work, split it between men and women and change the standard work day to 4 hours. This will also increase the number of shifts, and give more time for those family value moments people harp about.
Let's actually utilize the whole population to make things better for everyone.

I can see you

Jul 21, 2019 12:11 PM

Mar 2008
IpreferEcchi said:
traed said:

No shit that's not how it works in reality.

I'm proposing a model where a parent makes money for the entire family. The entire family gets the money, period. Even if they're moved out, etc.

I'm not pulling any numbers out of my ass. I didn't give specific numbers. This is a hypothetical I'd like to see happen.

This already was and is a thing....it's prominent in underdeveloped countries.

More topics from this board

» Do you like sport? ( 1 2 3 )

-miharu- - Mar 27, 2019

106 by Malkshake »»
16 minutes ago

» Global enviroment ( comments )

SyrupPastryNice - Apr 17

18 by DreamWindow »»
21 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

649 by Hitagi__Furude »»
35 minutes ago

» What is your favorite Masaaki Yuasa anime?

Sorachin - Yesterday

18 by Lost_Viking »»
57 minutes ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

19 by Lost_Viking »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.