Forum Settings
Forums

35 Dead in Suspected Arson at Kyoto Animation No. 1 Studio [Update 7/27]

Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]
Post New Reply
Jul 29, 1:01 AM

I just read that someone else has succumbed to his or her injuries and that the sicko had planned this very carefully and here I thought my heart couldn't ache more than it already does.
Modified by huntress1013, Jul 29, 1:04 AM

Please support KyoAni!

Jul 29, 6:37 AM
アニメスタッフ

For any here who are experiencing what many of us feel about this, it is important to protect yourself from extreme content at times.... a very respected writer on these issues here has written a very thoughtful piece on this that may help.

Rika Kayama

Kaleidoscope of the Heart: Kyoto Animation fans should protect themselves from trauma

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20190728/p2a/00m/0na/006000c

take care friends

Jul 29, 6:58 AM

Some positive news worth sharing in these moments of sadness.

The Government of Japan is considering taking measures that would enable the domestic and international donations made in favour to help the families of the victims and the studio to recover reach the intended targets. It will introduce new tax breaks for donation made in favour of Kyoto Animation. Other plans include helping Kyoto Animation recreate the young animator training programme which is now gone because of the destruction of Studio 1.

Meanwhile, Kyoto Animation has decided to give Chikai no Finale more screenings in Tokyo next month.

Sources: NHK and Official Twitter of Hibike! Euphonium.

Meanwhile, Kyoto Animation's President Hatta Hideaki requested for some time and vowed to bring Kyoto Animation back to producing animation that brought the people all around the world together to become the candle in their darkness. And he promised that Kyoto Animation will not give up without a fight.

Source: Message To The People All Over The World.

<<<< Click to see how you may #HelpKyoAniHeal

Jul 29, 10:17 AM

Jul 29, 11:52 AM
アニメスタッフ

Yes be comforted. The main Data Server with all data of work at Studio 1 KyoAni has found is safe and recoverable. So all of that work has been preserved. President Hatta said for us all who love anime and KyoAnil in the best words:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

An unprecedented atrocity has robbed many of our friends and colleagues of their bright futures and has left many deeply injured.

News from all over the world tells us that amazingly many number of people has sent us their hearts and prayers, which are like candles in the darkness, for those of us trapped in the darkness of deepest grief.

There are many friends and colleagues who are hospitalized and suffering, fighting for their lives.
Please give us some time.

We promise that Kyoto Animation will continue to create animation that help people have dreams, hope and impress them.

Kyoto animation will continue to make its employees and staff lead happy lives, and contribute to society and local community.

I assure you that Kyoto Animation will not give up, we will not go quietly into the night...we will not vanish without a fight!

Kyoto Animation Co. CEO Hideaki Hatta

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/information/?id=3080

Be Comforted. and thank you
Modified by CrisGer_San_AA, Jul 29, 11:55 AM

Jul 30, 1:54 AM

Heee.👍 I also quoted the speech when I read that the Violent Evergarden premiere will go ahead as planned. Glad to see that this actually became the motto of KyoAni 😊

Please support KyoAni!

Jul 30, 4:11 PM
アニメスタッフ

The Data recovered from the server that survived on the first floor of KyoAni Studio 1 contained among other things key frames and hand drawn art possibly for upcoming planned work. This may allow that work to be passed on to be continued thus continuing the spirit of work of those lost. This is for all involved a beyond wished for chance to honor and respect that stream of creativity.

Heartfelt thanks were expressed by a representative of KyoAnif to the technical staff who achieved this miracle.

It is the key frames that contain and create the essence of a show for they are the work of either senior staff or chosen staff from the team working on each project. ....this design process is the literal creation of the soul, essence and life of the show to come. The crafting and birth of a new show and its characters is often a delicate and deeply worked over and thought on process and is essential for the birth of that new project.

If you haven't see the PA Works Series Shirobako, it gives a detailed and very accurate look at this entire process and they are a fine studio who do excellent work and have already vowed to assist KyoAni in any way they can.
Modified by CrisGer_San_AA, Jul 30, 4:17 PM

Aug 3, 12:14 PM
@CrisGer_San_AA 日本ですか? 私はイギリス人です I wish you lived here in the UK rather than the US of all western countries, I know that historic circomstances plays a large part in that being the case but I do wish we had more living here in the Uk than the 60 to 80000 Japanese. As 日本が大好きです!

I am glad for what kyo Ani has done and that alot of positive news has managed to materialise out of this, they are my most relied upon and studio I would watch the majority of animes by. They are special to me as a result and so this feels like an attack on myself as well since I am very hardcore with them.

The UK's relationship maybe a casual one but it is likely 1 of the strongest casual ones Japan has at least with any of the European countries and this is emphasised by the many animes that have been based here and the most outside of Japan ax a whole, such tittles include Black Buttler, Hellsing, Detective Conan, Kiniro Mosaic, The Ancient magnus Bride, Little Witch Academia, The movie of K on!, Much of the Fate series, JoJo's Bizzare adventure and many others.

I hope that we can do more to Help Kyo Ani and さようなら to all that were killed and 頑張ってください and all the best for the kyo ani from the UK. <3
Modified by AurafullAlex, Aug 3, 1:35 PM

Aug 3, 1:13 PM

AurafullAlex said:

The UK's relationship maybe a casual one but it is likely 1 of the strongest casual ones Japan has at least with any western country.

-_-

No

Complete overestimation of the relationship in all respects.

Please support KyoAni!

Aug 3, 1:34 PM
huntress1013 said:
AurafullAlex said:

The UK's relationship maybe a casual one but it is likely 1 of the strongest casual ones Japan has at least with any western country.

-_-

No

Complete overestimation of the relationship in all respects.
I said strong but only to a casual degree and that we wouldn't be too far off the mark, also the fact there there is a Japanese population in this country does indicate a reasonable degree of appeal, and the UK is the 2nd most used country for anime settings closely followed by America as I have counted around 40 in total thanks to a thread I made last month.

Also the UK has given amunition support to Japan when they were up against the Vietnamese and the UK is often brought up when Europe is the discussed topic, France and Germany only tend to be more favourable when counting Europe so at least in the contect of Europe. We also supported them in there threat from North Korea those several months ago when when the country flew a missile over Japan. Either way I don't mean overly strong but casually speaking so please understand context here. Thank you.
Modified by AurafullAlex, Aug 3, 1:52 PM

Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]