Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 17, 2019 11:48 AM
Apr 2018
In the past days, 'Brand New Animal' anime (an example) has been added to the database, but it hasn't been showed on top of the list in the 'just added' section of the site, i had to go down like 20+ anime to see it.
Is there any way to have any notification by new entries in anime/manga cause of this bug?
RSS or whatever if they exist.
Jul 17, 2019 11:51 AM

Oct 2014
I'm not aware of this just added section you speak of. You can always go and keep a track on the anime db forum. You can follow this thread: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=140439&show=350#msg56756769

As far as I know, mal has no rss feeds whatsoever so you probably need to move to anilist or some other site that has it.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Jul 17, 2019 12:05 PM
Apr 2018
https://gyazo.com/f5575a35dccbd2f9c10b211ec3355b2b
This is what i was talking about, is that topic updated regularly? There are recently updates not in yet added there.
Jul 17, 2019 12:28 PM

Oct 2014
antocs said:
https://gyazo.com/f5575a35dccbd2f9c10b211ec3355b2b
This is what i was talking about, is that topic updated regularly? There are recently updates not in yet added there.
Ahh my bad. Those are the titles that get changed upon. I'm not sure if there's a feed of freshly added titles in mal. In fact, many freshly added titles need to be approved by database moderators before you can add it anyway. Some even get deleted.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Oct 23, 2021 3:03 PM

Jul 2015
https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?o=9&c[]=a&c[]=d&cv=2

If you are still wondering.

Oct 26, 2021 12:04 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
It's not exactly a bug, it's a "design choice" that was made by Xinil when he first implemented this section. What it does is sort all entries by their IDs. Since the ID is created when the entry is submitted by a user but might only be approved after many other entries, it can happen that the entry doesn't end up at the top of the section (or in some cases not even on the first page).

When the section was first created this wasn't really an issue because there weren't many entries and they got approved quickly. It's currently a problem because there are so many entries in the queue and the mods don't always approve them in chronological order (because some entries are obscure or it might not even be clear if they're eligible so they tend to stay in the queue for longer). With these problems it would be better to change the section so that it doesn't simply sort by ID but takes the mod approval date as the sorting factor. Then again, many things regarding user contributions need to be improved so it might be that it will be solved in a different way in the future.

More topics from this board

» [Resolved] How to add gifs to profile

BigSponks - Dec 14, 2017

28 by ejleon »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3354 by Tensho »»
7 hours ago

» How to see percentage of anime you have watched

trueauracoral - Mar 30

9 by trueauracoral »»
Yesterday, 8:56 PM

» Forum discussion notifications not popping up in the mobile app.

Sammyy143 - Apr 13

13 by GeoSigma »»
Yesterday, 1:25 PM

» Reinstall the MAL app

ilias23 - Yesterday

0 by ilias23 »»
Yesterday, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.