Forum Settings
Forums

Netflix Announces 'Imawa no Kuni no Alice' Live-Action Series

Jul 17, 10:46 AM
News Team
Bishy Fishy 🐠🐟

Global video streaming platform Netflix announced a live-action adaptation of Haro Aso's Imawa no Kuni no Alice (Alice in Borderland) manga on Wednesday. The series will debut worldwide on Netflix in 2020.

Shinsuke Satou—known for helming live-action adaptation of Gantz, I Am a Hero, Bleach, and most recently, Kingdom—is directing the series. Satou is also writing the script with Yoshiki Watabe (Oku Otoko) and screenwriter Yasuko Kuramitsu (Totsuzen desu ga, Ashita Kekkon Shimasu). Robot Communications is credited with planning and production.

Aso began serializing the survival horror manga in Shounen Sunday Super in November 2010, which later transferred to Weekly Shounen Sunday in April 2015. Imawa no Kuni no Alice ended with 18 compiled volumes in March 2016.

Silver Link. and Connect produced a three-episode original video animation in 2014-2015. Each episode was bundled with the 12th, 13th, and 14th limited edition manga volumes.

Source: IT Media

Jul 17, 10:55 AM
well if adapted correctly it could become one of the best tv series of all time that's for sure. But if only adapted correctly

Jul 17, 11:01 AM

Oh Yes,this was a great manga series and if adapted correctly, then it could turned out to be one of the best survival/battle royal television series of recent times

It's my favorite survival manga after 'Cage of eden' and 'battle royale'

Jul 17, 11:06 AM

This manga was really good

I'm not interested in this live action serie though

Jul 17, 11:17 AM

And nothing of value was gained.

Jul 17, 11:23 AM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

Its one of those rare case where a live-action based on a manga could potentially be good. (expectations are still low tho)

Still, i would've prefered a full anime series instead. These 3 OVAs were not enough and it was actually a good start.
Modified by DatRandomDude, Jul 17, 11:30 AM

Jul 17, 12:03 PM

Awesome, material that could make a potentially great live action series.
The fact they are making a series and not cramming it all into a film shows the first sign of positivity.
Plus the director of the live action Gantz movies, even better, looking forward to it.
Modified by JokerVentura, Jul 17, 12:07 PM

Jul 17, 5:15 PM

I was really excited for this until the heartbreaking realization that Netflix produced Death Note's adaptation. However this series could turn out well if handled properly instead of getting another edgy mess.
Marie Antoinette is a JoJo

Jul 17, 6:22 PM
Fuck. I got excited that maybe it would be a continuation of the ova. I hope this live action makes way for a new anime in the future. The ova was cool.

Jul 17, 9:51 PM
Wonder if race-bending the characters is part of the plan!

Jul 18, 12:48 AM

Netflix announces they are ruining Imawa no Kuno no Alice next, buckle yourself for another crappy Netflix botch up

Jul 18, 3:15 AM

Great manga. I'm not really into live actions but I might give it a shot if the reviews are good.

Jul 18, 5:10 AM

Well, this was completely unexpected. I'm kind of excited although I know I better not get my hopes high.

Jul 18, 10:37 AM

Why they didn't continue the anime instead ? what a waste !!.

Jul 18, 11:52 AM

Think this might be the first live action adaptation I'll end up watching since the OVA's were amazing and I've been thinking of reading the manga soon anyway.

Jul 19, 3:16 AM

Netflix live-action adaptation are the words I really don't like hearing.
"Science is just a name for the steady, pain-in-the-ass effort that goes behind it"
- Senku

Jul 28, 8:40 AM
The best manga I've read in my life, finally the deserved success! I hope it'll get a full anime adaptation after this.