Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 17, 2019 3:17 PM
Feb 2019
Best episode so far. I like the mistery and the survival aspects.
Jul 17, 2019 3:22 PM

Mar 2014
Alright my best bet is the traitor is

1. Aries
2. Luca
3. Someone they haven't seen yet, who was on the ship the whole time.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 17, 2019 3:28 PM

Mar 2017
I don't like Quitterie at all.
Jul 17, 2019 4:40 PM

Jun 2010
This episode really impressed me, I can't wait for the next one.
melinayuukiJul 17, 2019 4:52 PM
Jul 17, 2019 5:10 PM

Dec 2009
I hope they don't drag out the everybody vs everybody else who's the badguy plot for too long, i find these kinds of things rather tiresome... It's been done so many times, and still have ptsd from Rokka no Yuusha. I want more survival, alien world exploring, and bond-forming.
GenesisAriaJul 17, 2019 6:00 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jul 17, 2019 5:30 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode, survival continues. Kanata and Aries is good this episode. Ulgar is suspicious and that last scene, he is the killer or not? This episode revealed that they plan to killed the students, but why?
Overall its getting better each episode, waiting for next week.

Jul 17, 2019 5:47 PM
Jul 17, 2019 5:51 PM

Apr 2019
QWERTYFish25 said:
I'm just here to say that glasses girl is fuckin' built.

she does have nice sizes..
i don't think anyone will argue with that
the hair style is questionable though
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 17, 2019 5:57 PM

Jan 2011
GenesisAria said:
I hope they don't drag out the everybody vs everybody else who's the badguy plot for too long, i find these kinds of things rather tiresome... It's been done so many times, and still have ptsd from Rokka no Yuusha. I want more survival, alien world exploring, and bond-forming..

Yeah, Rokka got boring after that plot got revealed.
Jul 17, 2019 6:03 PM

Dec 2009
chriskor022 said:
Good episode, survival continues. Kanata and Aries is good this episode. Ulgar is suspicious and that last scene, he is the killer or not? This episode revealed that they plan to killed the students, but why?
Overall its getting better each episode, waiting for next week.
Honestly this seems rather predictable red herring. He's probably onto some conspiracy and prepping himself for it, or for some kind of revenge. He's the most jaded but doesn't seem like actually a bad guy. He even did the Jack Sparrow "this shot wasn't meant for you" kind of line when gluing the critter. If anything mrs quiet is the most suspicious. Though there's also the interaction involving our little cutie which is enough to paint a plausible trojan horse scenario, where she's being exploited/used. Her complexion and hair colour etc is far too similar to be merely a simple adoption and always struck me as odd... The likelihood of her being actually related in some way seems fairly high, given the nature of the show thus far, that would seem like an odd choice to just conveniently have them the same for no real reason other than sister appeal.
GenesisAriaJul 17, 2019 6:10 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jul 17, 2019 6:21 PM

Jul 2019
Less interesting than the previous episodes. Just the classic death timer last second save. I do like how they are adding some cool science to the show though like the drowning part. I'll make a prediction for fun: Ulgar is the assassin and he agreed to do it so his father would finally acknowledge him, but he has a change of heart and disowns his father and agrees to fight back. Still have no idea why they would need to be killed in the first place though.
Jul 17, 2019 6:26 PM

Jun 2008
GenesisAria said:
I hope they don't drag out the everybody vs everybody else who's the badguy plot for too long, i find these kinds of things rather tiresome... It's been done so many times, and still have ptsd from Rokka no Yuusha. I want more survival, alien world exploring, and bond-forming.

Just giving an answer about whether it will be like that or not but spoiler tagging it in case some people don't want to know.

Jul 17, 2019 7:03 PM

Oct 2015
I know she didn't do it! But I would've suspected Aries, the bitch is too sugary for me liking and definitely emanates suspiciousness in my book!

I liked how they worked together and contain the crashing situation, especially by Ulgar. I'm digging the mystery in this show right now, gimme more! I'm putting that on everything, this certainly the only good show on Wednesday for me.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 17, 2019 7:19 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

While it was obvious that there was a traitor on board, it does make it more interesting if the traitor was on a suicide mission. Though I can't really see any of the characters we saw as traitors.

It was cool to see them handle the sudden emergency, Quitterie saving Yunhua was nice and Ulgar shooting that flying bird was cool.

I was actually quite interested in how Zack derived the nine minutes to surface impact, so if any Math/Physics people are here I would appreciate it if you guys answered that.
I'm assuming it was just kept simple and used the laws of motion for uniform acceleration since the ship was in free fall and I suppose we can assume since the thrusters went out, there was no other force. Solving the motion equation gave me an answer within a decent ballpark of nine minutes.
Essentially,
S = u * t + 1/2 *a * pow(t,2)
where,
S = displacement
u = initial velocity
a = acceleration
t = elapsed time

From Zack's dialogue, we have
S = 1550km = 1550 * 1000 m(altitude which I'm assuming was measured relative to surface of the planet)
u = 0 (assume ship had no velocity towards the planet)
a = 0.85g (Let's assume that g is compared to Earth's gravitation acceleration) so a = 0.85 * 9.8m/s

Substituting this into the equation of motion and solving for t results in 10.1 minutes which is within a decent ballpark of Zack's 9 minutes, I'm not sure how he factored the planet's radius into getting his answer. It's been quite a while since I tried my hand at motion related physics so I'm probably completely off base with my answer but if someone here can actually do this more accurately I would be very interested. (Not really something I should be asking on anime discussion forum though XD)
Jul 17, 2019 7:30 PM
Sep 2018
We still have no information in regard to how long the ship was there prior to their arrival, nor how it came to be there, nor what happened to its original crew.

When it arrived does pertain in regard to the possibility of a gun being a normal thing to find on board.
It should also impact the ease of use by the pilot; given the amount of change we've experienced in the past 100 years on Earth, but also taking into account the long periods of little or no technological advances we've had in prior times, the changes in ship's equipment and software could be severe or near non-existent.

There's one major problem I've had from the very beginning of this anime: the year it is set. That is, if it's dealing with a society which expanded from our planet and still using the BCE/CE date system, my recollection is that it's set less than 30 years from now... So I have to assume that's not the case. Either they aren't an Earth descended society, or they settled upon a new starting date for their enumeration of years.

In regard to eliminating guns a hundred years earlier...
That's just bogus.
Guns are so low tech that there is no way to prevent someone with a half decent garage shop from manufacturing some fairly sophisticated versions, and that's with our current level of technology. A star-faring society is going to have far more advanced manufacturing equipment available for home use. There is nothing unique to the design of a firearm; there is no core piece of information which if purged from the databases would prevent someone from pulling all the required information together without the purged information impacting other technology crucial to maintaining their society.

The timing of the meteorite was golden.

ETA:
I do wonder just how much power the ship's drive system requires. The cable they strung looked to match current shop use extension cords rated for US household current, and they top out around 120v... and I just cannot conceive of a ship's drive running on that low a current. So they were either constructed from a currently unknown material, or the animation took liberties with the science... Of course, if the power requirements were never provided by the author, there wasn't anyway to do the math to determine the thickness of wire required.
WeasalopesJul 17, 2019 7:43 PM
Jul 17, 2019 7:30 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
The gravity system’s safety lockout was a neat concept, except... in zero-G, wouldn’t everything not nailed down potentially be floating around, much less one random insect? 🤨

Oh, and i’m callin it: the dog puppet is behind it all 😝
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Jul 17, 2019 7:49 PM

Apr 2019
@Lelouch0202 i don't know much more than you about physics
but the 1 minute missing could probably be just explained by the fact they were already falling for a while, its not like zack noticed and calculated it the instant they were about to fall so you are probably on point
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 17, 2019 7:56 PM

Jul 2016
Shit! Ray... eh... Ulgar got a gun!

Overall, it was a decent episode but so far, I still don't feel any interest neither for the characters nor the story progression.
Jul 17, 2019 8:04 PM

Jul 2017
This might be the most thrilling episode so far.

- Traitor on the loose, with Ulgar having a gun, not sure what this gun has connections from him.
- Yunyun's character development, which was only touched on the surface, maybe next week will have more.

Kanata is still that obnoxious leader who tries to make minor things big, but at least that is on the good side.

However, Aries' different colored eyes tell a story, Yes they do tell, but whatever connections they hold into the "traitor" trope, it's still too early to tell.

So, another planet with Astra on the verge of breaking, everyone helps, but I can't help the mysterious and eerie feeling of the saboteur acting on the sidelines. Everyone is essentially a criminal, at the alibi stage.

Great episode as per usual, if a bit tame this time round.
Jul 17, 2019 8:05 PM
Anime Jesus

Apr 2016
I LOVE this anime. Quitterie is a total waifu, and I would adopt Funicia on the spot! Kanata gets me pumped during action-y moments, and Zack is so intellectually cool. Aries gets on my nerves ever so slightly in moments like in the first episode when she call the old woman sir, or when she calls her teacher mom. The airheadedness gets taken too far in those moments for me. With that said, I still adore Aries. If we're discussing who disabled the communicator, my money is on either Ulgar, Luca, or Yunhua. And also, it occurred to me that it doesn't necessarily have to be one killer on board. Most of them are children of important people, yes? Who's to say they aren't using this opportunity to take out each other's children. Regardless, I say the killer is definitely among those who still had their helmets activated when the wormhole orb appeared.
Jul 17, 2019 8:09 PM
Sep 2018
gappasaurus said:
The gravity system’s safety lockout was a neat concept, except... in zero-G, wouldn’t everything not nailed down potentially be floating around, much less one random insect? 🤨

What they did with the lockout can only be explained as being done to increase tension for the viewers.

Option 1) All "loose" items would trigger a lockout.
Option 2) Only those items for which the ship's systems could not predict their motion upon commencing thrust or establishing a gravity field would trigger a lockout.

Option 2 is indicated as the lockout cleared as soon as the "bird" became unable to direct its course, so simply being a loose item isn't enough to trigger the lockout.
...except that the crew would still be capable of unpredictable motion since they weren't strapped down..
A safety interface that ignores the crew when determining if there is something capable of moving in an unpredictable manner is totally bogus.
It has to look at it as "capable of", not just "currently moving in a random manner", or the self-directing object pausing for an instant would be enough to clear the lockout.

gappasaurus said:
Oh, and i’m callin it: the dog puppet is behind it all 😝

That's a reasonable suspicion, given that it was reported that the puppet was specifically mentioned during the conversation between the eville dudes.
I wouldn't put it past a good Yoshinon clone... provided the Yoshinon clone didn't have Yoshinon's concern for it's partner. This one does appear to share that concern. That makes it a bit more questionable as being the eville dudes proxy.
WeasalopesJul 17, 2019 8:13 PM
Jul 17, 2019 9:01 PM

Oct 2016
dannymilk said:
yea they are trying hard to make Ulgar (and Yunhua) the suspicious ones when its probably gonna end up being someone like Charce (those pretty boys always fool everybody) or Zack lol

Yeah, Charce might be my No.01 most suspicious. Him and Zack.

Minar-kyun said:
I don't like Quitterie at all.

Yeah. She's very insufferable. I have no idea why her archetype is so popular.

Weasalopes said:
We still have no information in regard to how long the ship was there prior to their arrival, nor how it came to be there, nor what happened to its original crew.

When it arrived does pertain in regard to the possibility of a gun being a normal thing to find on board.
It should also impact the ease of use by the pilot; given the amount of change we've experienced in the past 100 years on Earth, but also taking into account the long periods of little or no technological advances we've had in prior times, the changes in ship's equipment and software could be severe or near non-existent.

There's one major problem I've had from the very beginning of this anime: the year it is set. That is, if it's dealing with a society which expanded from our planet and still using the BCE/CE date system, my recollection is that it's set less than 30 years from now... So I have to assume that's not the case. Either they aren't an Earth descended society, or they settled upon a new starting date for their enumeration of years.

In regard to eliminating guns a hundred years earlier...
That's just bogus.
Guns are so low tech that there is no way to prevent someone with a half decent garage shop from manufacturing some fairly sophisticated versions, and that's with our current level of technology. A star-faring society is going to have far more advanced manufacturing equipment available for home use. There is nothing unique to the design of a firearm; there is no core piece of information which if purged from the databases would prevent someone from pulling all the required information together without the purged information impacting other technology crucial to maintaining their society.

The timing of the meteorite was golden.

ETA:
I do wonder just how much power the ship's drive system requires. The cable they strung looked to match current shop use extension cords rated for US household current, and they top out around 120v... and I just cannot conceive of a ship's drive running on that low a current. So they were either constructed from a currently unknown material, or the animation took liberties with the science... Of course, if the power requirements were never provided by the author, there wasn't anyway to do the math to determine the thickness of wire required.

Yeah, I used to know someone that could kind of "juryrig" a gun together. There's probably DIYs online.
As for the era thing, it could just be a timeline where we evolved our technology faster.
EDIT:
Updated signature because Tinypic is shutting down.

PikslapJul 28, 2019 6:38 PM
Jul 17, 2019 9:04 PM

Jul 2012
Grecefar said:
I think killer was set up from the beginning and is not a suicide attack.

"First rule of assassination - kill the assassins."
- James T. Kirk

zeus-faber said:
trenchantbaka said:

I'm no physicist either but if there's air in the spaceship then the bird should be able to fly since flying is basically pushing air. I might be wrong though.

How about not burning up in the atmosphere and basicaly stoping a few feet from the ground? xD

Haven't read the manga - but I'm guessing that the implication is that the ship in the show is using an anti-gravity drive, if not for inter-stellar travel than for in-system flight. There's no real scientific basis for such a thing, but they do show up in various science fiction stories (which the show is dropping a lot of references to*).

*References to date - that I've caught:

1) Human teens go on an outdoor survival camp to another planet which goes awry due to wormhole shenanigans: Tunnel in the Sky by Robert Heinlein (plays out differently in that book, but that's a matter for another time)

2) Teenagers stranded on another part of the galaxy find a mysterious spaceship and need to use it to get home: Hypernauts (among other things).

3) The whole EVA sequence is a pretty obvious reference to Gravity, only Kanata survives and doesn't sacrifice himself like George Clooney's character did.

4) And I think the bits with the letterboxing for shots with the character inside the ship and losing letterboxing for wide shots outside the ship, especially with CGI, might be a reference to Babylon 5, and how that shows visual effects were 4:3 (with some letterboxing) while shots filmed with actors on the soundstages were shot in 16:9.

I've probably missed a bunch of other references, but that's okay - if anyone else picked them up, I'd love to hear them.
Jul 17, 2019 10:24 PM
Oct 2017
I'm really enjoying this anime, but there's something that bothers me... The opportune abilities of some characters. In the previous episode when they couldn't find their way back to the ship when they got lost in the woods, it just so happens that Aries has visual memory so she remembers the way back and everyone is saved. In this episode, they manage to repair the holes because one of the members wore by "chance" a glue, and the other was when they tried to catch that flying creature and Ulgar appears that also by chance his ability is the aim with weapons / shooting.

Another strange thing, why did the shot come out so strong ? Doesn't it affect that there isn't gravity?
Jul 17, 2019 10:57 PM

Dec 2018
Nice, getting some mysteries solved, which in turn leads to more mysteries. I just noticed this, but in every near-death situation Kanata and everyone else is panicking and trying to fix it, and then in the background Ulgar's just standing there with a dead expression on his face, lol. I'm also just realizing we didn't have an op or ed for the past two eps.
Jul 17, 2019 11:34 PM
Sep 2018
Kxrumi said:
Another strange thing, why did the shot come out so strong ? Doesn't it affect that there isn't gravity?

The only impact gravity would have is pulling the object toward the center of mass.
Without gravity, the projectile will travel a true straight line, with no "drop".
It has no noticeable effect upon the speed the projectile travels, unless you aim straight up or down in regard to the center of mass generating said gravity field.

That lack of drop would throw off the aim of someone trained in a gravity field until they've fired enough shots to adjust to it.
So, that aspect of that segment is iffy... given he's totally self-taught, presumably in a planet's gravity field, adjusting for lack of drop would not be a natural thing.
It was very short range, so drop might not have much impact in this case.
Jul 18, 2019 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was really fun!

(lol) This anime is just like the game 'Among us' because yeah.
What was that gun for?
Jul 18, 2019 4:09 AM

Oct 2008
Intense episode!
Yun Hua is being useless!
Ulgar actually has a real high-tech gun? maybe for a different purpose...
everything is still not clear!
5/5.

Jul 18, 2019 4:37 AM

Jan 2011
lihle808 said:
I know she didn't do it! But I would've suspected Aries, the bitch is too sugary for me liking and definitely emanates suspiciousness in my book!

Hopefully they don't make her the culprit. That's exactly what Rokka no Yuusha did.
Jul 18, 2019 4:49 AM

Sep 2011
It seems that the members of the B5 team were handpicked to be eliminated here. One of them destroyed the communicator, and everyone seems to be thinking that this person did this because they are still bent on dying and killing the others, but maybe it was just a way to prevent the people who want them dead to confirm if they really are? I mean, I don't know, it doesn't even feel safe to go home with so many questions either, but it's all that they can do. And just when they were dealing with all this, an accident involving meteoroids happened.

The suspense was good, the teamwork too, and I felt relieved when things worked out. I liked that almost everyone helped too. Yunhua and Ulgar, the ones we know the least about so far, got more fleshed out as well. I suppose the woman in her memories was her mother, no wonder she is so closed off. And Ulgar has a gun... I wonder why he took it with him since I don't think the person he wants to shoot, if he even wants to shoot a person, is between them. But welp, once again the plot thickens, and it isn't disappointing.
Jul 18, 2019 5:11 AM

Feb 2014
The plot keeps getting better every episode.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 18, 2019 7:16 AM

Dec 2016
know it is too obvious but I believe that Yunhua is a "traitor", First evidence are her "I'm sorry", if she was planning to "kill" them it would make a lot sense, also she was the only one who didn't put a helmet during danger and she and blond guy are only pepole that sucking into space happened off-screen.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.83/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jul 18, 2019 8:43 AM
Mar 2015
Just when everything is fixed Ulgar shows up with a gun
Jul 18, 2019 10:04 AM
Oct 2017
Weasalopes said:
Kxrumi said:

The only impact gravity would have is pulling the object toward the center of mass.
Without gravity, the projectile will travel a true straight line, with no "drop".
It has no noticeable effect upon the speed the projectile travels, unless you aim straight up or down in regard to the center of mass generating said gravity field.

That lack of drop would throw off the aim of someone trained in a gravity field until they've fired enough shots to adjust to it.
So, that aspect of that segment is iffy... given he's totally self-taught, presumably in a planet's gravity field, adjusting for lack of drop would not be a natural thing.
It was very short range, so drop might not have much impact in this case.
This was just extrange, the physics doesn't works for the shot tbh
Jul 18, 2019 11:17 AM
Oct 2018
Unfortunately A LOT of things bothered me science-wise, wish I could not see them lol
So sorry if this interests no one and I'm picky, it's just so much serious flaws, I probably forgot a lot

The Meteor and Hole:
1. Multiple meteors at the same time are VERY unlikely, unless a bigger one split up right before they hit (within minutes at max)
2. A puncture that big should rip the air out in seconds (there's vacuum out there after all) and probably rip the hole even bigger in the process. Definitely A LOT more violent than simply some leak in a air bed...
3. How does a flying creature like that even get in there? It couldn't have come in through the holes, since the air flows OUTWARD - not to speak that there is no air outside for the fly to survive in the first place. And especially the fly, as a small mass flying creature, should be severely affected by the hole right next to it...
The Power Generator:
4. You can't tell me the ship doesn't have the backup generator automatically kick in on failure of the primary - or atleast not even connected to the main grid AT ALL...
5. Power strong enough to hover a huge ship, through a household cable. LOL fire incoming
The 'advanced' spaceship:
6. A spaceship that advanced should have basic protection against meteorites. So even assuming only ISS-levels of protection, the meteorite must have been immensely huge and fast to puncture such a hole. So much that you probably wouldn't be able to find the actual meteorite anymore because it has been absolutely pulverized.
7. Why would it make sense to lock the gravity control when a flying object is in the control room - without an override at least? Just asks for unforseen failures...
The Glue "Gun":
8. Not to speak of the laughably glue gun being able to fix a hole so large, with so much pressure on it!
9. Oh yeah, glue guns aren't actually guns, they can't SHOOT fast glue....
The Pilot:
10. As said here before, if you are only 9 minutes from falling to the ground (with even less than earth gravity and apparently same pressure), you're not really in orbit anymore. Which makes no sense for our genius space pilot, either you're up there in orbit, NOT having to expend energy to stay up there, or you are in the landing process already...
Jul 18, 2019 12:52 PM
Aug 2018
Wow we had two huge plot twists in today's episode. I am getting excited to see what comes next.
Jul 18, 2019 1:17 PM

May 2018
Ok, so Ulgar has a gun and he did said about his shooting skills not using it for flyin critters, so It could be that he's the saboteur or that Chinese girl having a dark backstory, could be her wanting to not just kill herself but everyone else.
Jul 18, 2019 1:17 PM

May 2018
Ok, so Ulgar has a gun and he did said about his shooting skills not using it for flyin critters, so It could be that he's the saboteur or that Chinese girl having a dark backstory, could be her wanting to not just kill herself but everyone else.
Jul 18, 2019 3:50 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, massive plot armor with them again but at least this was better than the previous episode.

Still don't like the comedy and their "solutions" to those problems. With holes in their ship they would have a lot worse problems when going throught the planet's atmosphere.. How come Yunhua could even breath without her helmet for a while?? And I call that flying bug totally artificial problem as the rule that there can be nothing flying on board of the ship to restore the gravity was pretty nonsensical, given how the ship works.

They were constantly mixing deflectors, gravity stabilizers and landing rings together.. in very illogical way. Also, without their deflectors on they got their ship damaged in asteroid cluster yet without their deflectors on they would be fried by the time of landing (not tho mention that structural damage in the first place).

I know this is an anime but it really feels like some bad fanfiction-level writing where the author didn't do their job in researing things so they are just just making use of rule of cool constantly.

Sidenote: Ofc, noone is the culprit. It's obvious the damage occured differently. And Ulgar's gun is just his toy anyway, plotdevice for the next episode where he save the crew against some creature.

btw- the Yunhua continues to be useless suicidal brainless bitch... if she self-pity herself any longer she would become very annoying.
Mich666Jul 18, 2019 3:55 PM
Jul 18, 2019 3:53 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Read the manga after this episode, i'm not ready for future episodes.

Also seeing people nitpick about something that doesn't even matter is funny.
Jul 18, 2019 3:57 PM

Jul 2012
The plot thickens. I love mystery vibes in this episode, also the tension and how everyone reacted when in ultimate danger was actually believable.

Seeing people guess what is the reason someone is trying to kill them/put them in this situation is kind of fun, since it's probably impossible to guess at this point.

This is AOTS candidate for sure.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2019 3:59 PM

Oct 2012
Smudy said:
Also seeing people nitpick about something that doesn't even matter is funny.
Who says it doesn't matter? If it doesn't matter then how they can even expect the people to take other things seriously?
Jul 18, 2019 7:57 PM
Jun 2019
Spaceship said:
Better than last week but still not quite up to the level of episode 1.

Aries comes through again (a couple of times this episode).

The show was very strong when exploring the intrigue surrounding their situation.

Can anyone comment on the Yunhua towel-in-mouth save? Never heard of that method of saving someone from "drowning" before... If it's BS, then it reinforces the fact that this sci-fi show really needs to put in more effort on the "science" side---especially when it comes to key moments like that.

7.5/10

I've been thinking about this and even when I re-watch it I still don't understand.. but this morning it just came to my mind that the reason Yunhua is "drowning" is this: we usually drink water and the water falls down our throat because of GRAVITY, while the situation there the gravity did'nt work at all, makes you CAN'T swallow water and it stuck/blocked in your throat, not allowing you to breath
Jul 18, 2019 8:00 PM
Jun 2019
I really liked this episode!! it gave birth to new hypothesis to the reason they are stranded to a so f*cking faraway space.. and I really like the thrilling music from the background, it really gives tense to the scene..

much enjoyment watching this episode
Jul 18, 2019 8:11 PM

Aug 2018
Achtzehn said:
Spaceship said:
Better than last week but still not quite up to the level of episode 1.

Aries comes through again (a couple of times this episode).

The show was very strong when exploring the intrigue surrounding their situation.

Can anyone comment on the Yunhua towel-in-mouth save? Never heard of that method of saving someone from "drowning" before... If it's BS, then it reinforces the fact that this sci-fi show really needs to put in more effort on the "science" side---especially when it comes to key moments like that.

7.5/10

I've been thinking about this and even when I re-watch it I still don't understand.. but this morning it just came to my mind that the reason Yunhua is "drowning" is this: we usually drink water and the water falls down our throat because of GRAVITY, while the situation there the gravity did'nt work at all, makes you CAN'T swallow water and it stuck/blocked in your throat, not allowing you to breath

Yeah it was explained better in the manga (and a few posts down from my original post). We have muscles in our throats that help us swallow even when we're upside down, but I guess gravity helps get it started...?
Set SCE to AUX
Jul 18, 2019 9:49 PM

Sep 2008
Aries had that fake laugh last episode so maybe she's the traitor.
Jul 18, 2019 10:25 PM
Jul 2019
After this ep, I can't help but thinking Aries is the traitor, since they kept the op in this ep and her name is written upside down unlike others. I actually noticed it in the first ep already but ignored since this kind of foreshadowing is kind of too obvious for anime nowadays, that other methods can be appied, but then they still used it
Jul 18, 2019 10:35 PM

Dec 2015
Sooo...why exactly do they need artificial gravity in order to stop the ship from falling? I don't think they really explained that.
Jul 18, 2019 11:49 PM

Jan 2016
This was pretty intense and thrilling. I wonder what this planet is going to be, hopefully it will be interesting. Ulgar and Yun Hua are the obvious culprits, but I think they're too obvious, so it has to be someone like Aries or Luca.
Jul 19, 2019 1:41 AM
Jun 2017
Love this episode as some PLOT TWIST ARE COMING UP- WHO IS THE KILLER AMONG THEM? and is it really planned for them to be all killed? Ohh yeah... love this series...
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

201 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 3, 12:55 AM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

236 by naturalbrawler »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.