Forum Settings
Forums
Jul 17, 4:54 PM

KaRMuH said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Well yeah, I know them, but neuroticism can show itself in other ways too.
I know that and I know that also other mental issues and illnesses have genetic components, but your childhood and also the self-confidence of your parents, play a big role in it. In the first years, you build up your basic sense of trust in others and yourself. Also, if you see that your parents suffer from low self-confidence, you won't learn a lot of stuff from them in your early life. I know that from my mother. She always had trouble to communicate with and talk to others, I had to learn this from my older sister and on my own.

the genetics play a far bigger role. even PTSD is highly related to genetics. they researched people who came back from war and noticed people of higher intelligence (which is about 80% genetic in adulthood) are much less likely to experience PTSD. so although the environment can play a large role, it still comes mainly down to genetics. it sucks but thats how life is

Yes I know, although it's not only genetics, when women experiencing a lot of stress, while they are pregnant, the high level of cortisol etc influence the embryo's brain development a lot.
Good thing is, while you can't change all of your brain anatomy and your "core personality", it's really plastically formable and many people still have realistic chances to learn new behaviors. It's more rough for some people than for others, but it's possible.
I know you said the same thing, but I didn't read that the genetics play such big parts like 80 %.
Also, it's more the ability of resilience and not the chance to suffer from PTSD, if I'm right?
I'd seriously love to read that since neurobiology and psychology are my study fields, if you know where you got it from.
Modified by Maneki-Mew, Jul 18, 2:14 AM

Jul 17, 5:05 PM

Talking to someone is kinda difficult and stressful for me because I'm not the kind of person who talks a lot, so I couldn't keep up with a conversation, it's like being constantly under pressure because you have to think about the answer you're going to give to your interlocutor

that's funny because when I'm comfortable with someone, I tend to get, instead, kinda talkative

So I guess I just have to force myself to act normal and to be myself even in front of strangers
And then, God missed a step of his stairs

Jul 17, 9:13 PM

Maneki-Mew said:
When you are saying you are not exaggerating, then you are not. They can't look into your head and know it better than you do yourself.

I hope, you will like it better and feel more comfortable there.

Got through it, and found the paranoia and trouble just getting my words out became less difficult when I left the other group and re-grouped with one of my managers that I know better. Found that I was only mildly uncomfortable, but not enough to even be bothered by it. Hmm left me thinking that my social paranoia is worse 'depending' on the people I'm interacting with.

Started the new location last night. I love it much better! :D

Jul 17, 9:58 PM

I fart and shit my pants involuntarily
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg

Jul 18, 2:10 AM

Maneki-Mew said:
KaRMuH said:

the genetics play a far bigger role. even PTSD is highly related to genetics. they researched people who came back from war and noticed people of higher intelligence (which is about 80% genetic in adulthood) are much less likely to experience PTSD. so although the environment can play a large role, it still comes mainly down to genetics. it sucks but thats how life is

Yes I know, although it's not only genetics, when women experiecing a lot stress, while they are pregnant, the high level of cortisol etc influence the embryo's brain development a lot.
Good thing is, while you can't change all of your brain anatomy and your "core personality", it's really plastically formable and many people still have realistic chances to learn new behaviors. It's more rough for some people than for others, but it's possible.
I know you said the same thing, but I didn't read that the genetics play such big parts like 80 %.
Also, it's more the ability of resilience and not the chance to suffer from PTSD, if I'm right?
I'd seriously love to read that since neurobiology and psychology are my study fields, if you know where you got it from.

Yes... Intelligence is around 80% genetic in adulthood, some studies showing up to 90%. This is all common knowledge and can be found from numerous sources. You can say whatever you want but you already said numerous things that were false and there's no point in talking about this anymore. Also, what I said about PTSD stands true, there's no need to explain it further. If you want to learn more about the specific situation I was talking about, you're going to have to look it up. Intelligence, which is almost completely genetic, was the key predictor of PTSD when coming back from war. I don't care if you don't believe me lol. The study can be found online somewhere and I'm not gonna search for it for you

Jul 18, 2:23 AM

KaRMuH said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Yes I know, although it's not only genetics, when women experiecing a lot stress, while they are pregnant, the high level of cortisol etc influence the embryo's brain development a lot.

Yes... Intelligence is around 80% genetic in adulthood, some studies showing up to 90%. This is all common knowledge and can be found from numerous sources. You can say whatever you want but you already said numerous things that were false and there's no point in talking about this anymore. Also, what I said about PTSD stands true, there's no need to explain it further. If you want to learn more about the specific situation I was talking about, you're going to have to look it up. Intelligence, which is almost completely genetic, was the key predictor of PTSD when coming back from war. I don't care if you don't believe me lol. The study can be found online somewhere and I'm not gonna search for it for you

Well then. I know I didn't say anything wrong, since I got that from my own lectures and reliable papers. But you do your do. If you want to be impolite and basically say "no lol, I'm not showing you this", that's not my business.

SuguChan said:
Maneki-Mew said:
When you are saying you are not exaggerating, then you are not. They can't look into your head and know it better than you do yourself.

I hope, you will like it better and feel more comfortable there.

Got through it, and found the paranoia and trouble just getting my words out became less difficult when I left the other group and re-grouped with one of my managers that I know better. Found that I was only mildly uncomfortable, but not enough to even be bothered by it. Hmm left me thinking that my social paranoia is worse 'depending' on the people I'm interacting with.

Good to hear. ^^
So when you are knowing people better, you feel more comfortable? Seems reasonable.

Jul 18, 2:26 AM

Maneki-Mew said:
KaRMuH said:

Well then. I know I didn't say anything wrong, since I got that from my own lectures and reliable papers. But you do your do. If you want to be impolite and basically say "no lol, I'm not showing you this", that's not my business.

SuguChan said:

Good to hear. ^^
So when you are knowing people better, you feel more comfortable? Seems reasonable.

You said weight is genetic, and you don't even realize how much genetics influence intelligence. If you're actually in college, you're just a freshman who doesn't know shit. Or clearly you spend too much time on MyAnimeList. You don't even know basics things you learn in Psychology 101.

Jul 18, 4:07 AM

People have been throwing these words around that they have lost its real meaning. "I'm really shy and not good with social interactions, = must be social anxiety like google says" If you're not properly diagnosed with something chances are you don't have it in the first place.
Duterte did 9/11

Jul 18, 7:37 AM

PrimeX said:
People have been throwing these words around that they have lost its real meaning. "I'm really shy and not good with social interactions, = must be social anxiety like google says" If you're not properly diagnosed with something chances are you don't have it in the first place.

I've been to therapy and psychiatrists a lot over the years.
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days

Jul 18, 8:14 AM

Maneki-Mew said:
Good to hear. ^^

Yes, that seems to be the case. Like my manager and I just feel more relaxed and able to talk confidently/honestly, but while working with the other team, the confidence/honest communication was just not there, which lead me to feeling out of place and socially paranoid/anxious.

Jul 18, 3:04 PM
Yandere Gals FTW
I openly and honestly admit that I suffer from quite severe social anxiety for my age (especially more so during the summer months whenever the school summer holidays start up for almost 2 whole months straight), so much so that it can really ruin my day at times and I remain a complete and utter shut-in the entire time, only ever choosing to venture outdoors occasionally, such as to go up the road to our local shops for the newspaper and a few food bits and back again >_<

Jul 21, 3:47 AM
Grim Anime Fan

like most stuff in my life. Overwhelmed feeling, inability to remember and understand things, brain blockage, inablity to find words or chain enough thoughts to connect things. (whenever expressing or understanding)...

with people don't give much fucks tbh..but with failure of learning things.. makes working extremely difficult...

But eh... rather than anxiety . Most stuff is probably behind depression.. especially memory and understanding. As that it probably somewhat side effect of not being truly interested in anything or anyone. Or well or I'm just so dumb that is bound to die early.

But yeah. Social wise it's usually lot of awkwardness and misunderstanding. And sweating and being nervous/tense.

Jul 21, 1:26 PM
Anime Young Man

I feel really awkward and self-conscious. very sweaty. not uncommon to get a panic attack if I'm really uncomfortable in a crowd.

ironically, i have improved in talking to girls who are pretty.
MAL's Alcoholics

Mogu-sama said:
Alcohol is an unnatural technology

Jul 29, 5:01 PM

In a nutshell, I thought I had dodged a presentation in school by not showing up. The next day the teacher announced it was presentation day. As other people went up I was trying to find any ways to kill myself in the classroom to avoid it.

Pretty weird, that was back in highschool

Why we love Tomoko Kuroki
Card Collection
Set made by
Hossi no!
¸¸.•*¨*•♫

Jul 29, 7:07 PM

Being afraid to do things thinking I'll either regret doing it, get in trouble, or offend someone I care about

Jul 29, 7:18 PM

Have you ever watched WataMote? The anime exaggerates a little but is something like that, I get very nervous and just want to finish the conversation as fast as possible but then the person say something to extend the conversation and I feel that I gonna die, when I don't know what to answer I think so much in what I'm gonna say that sometimes the answer just don't make any sense. That's why I prefer to just be quiet and don't talk to anyone, it's very easier with people I know, but even with people I know I still avoid any sort of personal questions

The weird thing is that I'm very good with school/university presentations

Jul 31, 11:38 AM

Rinoael said:
the person say something to extend the conversation

You have no idea how jealous I am. Whenever I talk to anyone, I'm the one who always has to say something to extend the conversation; very rarely, if ever, does the person I'm talking to say anything to extend the conversation.
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days

Jul 31, 12:05 PM

HopefulNihilist said:

You have no idea how jealous I am. Whenever I talk to anyone, I'm the one who always has to say something to extend the conversation; very rarely, if ever, does the person I'm talking to say anything to extend the conversation.

Well, in my country people tend to be very sociable, so most people will try to continue talking with you even if there is nothing to talk about, since I get very nervous when talking to somebody it's like a torture for me

Jul 31, 1:07 PM
美乃滋

not being able to connect with others
i've never had social anxiety i think so I couldn't relate but I guess it feels like you're being isolated on the opposite of the wall while others are having fun on the other side of it

Jul 31, 1:31 PM

I too suffer from severe social anxiety. I constantly worry what the people of society will think of me. If only I had the power to be a real life Chad Thundercock.

Instead I'm sitting here all depressed and lonely in my room fapping to hentai tentacle rape cartoons. Sometimes the anxiety is too much, I'm afraid to even go to the nearby store to buy more hand lotion and paper towels.

Someone please just end me.

Jul 31, 1:35 PM

Its been different things. Freshman year of college was when my anxiety was at its worst, I'd have an active fear response whenever anybody even so much as said hello to me almost as bad as if a literal punch was coming towards my face.

Nowadays I'd describe it more as feeling like a wall. Like I just can't talk to somebody for whatever reason. There's no feeling of dread so to speak, but I just can't make myself do it as if there was a wall separating us. I also frequently worry about contacting people and wondering if they're going to think I'm annoying but I'm starting to get over that a bit.

Jul 31, 1:45 PM

Its really bad when you go to a new school and don't know anyone there.

The lack of social skill also doesn't help.
ええ、私はそこにいてそれをやった

Aug 1, 4:20 AM

Never really dealt with social anxiety much myself. Did it have it once the day after something went down in my senior year at Highschool, certainly was not fun feeling like there was a target on my back that week, but things went back to normal pretty quickly.

Aug 1, 5:15 AM

For me social anxiety mostly stems from the lack of motive to speak to someone, or when I'm in a situation where no security is perceived: like, in the street, if I meet two persons walking together or more and no female in the group, I'm more likely to get paranoid.

[...]
Voyageur si triste, tu suis quelle piste ?

C’est l’ivresse à mort, c’est la noire orgie,
C’est l’amer effort de ton énergie
Vers l’oubli dolent de la voix intime,
C’est le seuil du crime, c’est l’essor sanglant.
[...]

Via dolorosa, Paul Verlaine

Aug 1, 6:41 AM

For me its definitely analysis paralysis. I just get stuck in my own head and I'm unable to be present in the moment. I have a hard time understanding and responding to humor and teasing and I'll probably say shit that doesn't make sense and of course obligatory acting awkward AF.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Aug 3, 6:06 PM

Well for me is the complete fear of what will happen next, it felt so unknown and makes my heart race instantly for a brief moment, and before that happens i had a hard time decicing for "should i do it" and theres no option leaving. Its just dark as a lovecraftian horror.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]