Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2019 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, Sawamura has a bit of attitude after the game.

The match itself is about winning, quite fitting for the direction of the game. On the other hand, Inashiro's lineup still looks very deadly with some of their star players. Definitely a team to keep an eye on.
Jul 16, 2019 4:01 AM

Dec 2013
Poor Sawamura is feeling frustrated. The coach should've definitely put him in much sooner.

Losing isn't surprising after giving up 5 runs in one innings.

I'm looking forward to Inashiro playing against Teitou.
Jul 16, 2019 5:20 AM

Feb 2013
The coach was the one who lost the game, we all know this.
Jul 16, 2019 5:21 AM

Oct 2017
Eijun really showed class in this match. Too bad they still lost , I mean Furuya gave 5 runs in one innings and Kataoka really waited long time to switch him. Kataoka really made a bad decision there. It cost em the match.
Jul 16, 2019 5:26 AM

Oct 2017
I liked how they showed Mei above Miyuki past game.

Damn this precious Sawamura moment when he hit ball! he was so good in this episode. I hope that after game between Inashiro and Teito we will have some moments in Seido dorms and training grounds. I want to see how guys react to this loss.
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II
Misugi-kun is also reading - Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jul 16, 2019 6:44 AM

Sep 2013
Missing Summer Koshien again lol. Thanks Kataoka. BTW, the cherry on the top was Zono fucking up, like usual.
Jul 16, 2019 7:34 AM
Sep 2017
the animation of miyuki when catching sawamura's first cutter kai in that game was a bit awkward for me.
Jul 16, 2019 8:18 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
It was wayyy too obvious that they would lose tbh. Of course, the author would save Inashiro vs Seido for the summer tournament. But man, this season has nosedived in terms of art and animation.

4/5 for the episode.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 16, 2019 8:20 AM

Jan 2012
Well... of course they lost. All because the coach was stupid enough to leave Furuya in the game for so long even though it was clear he was playing extremely badly. Seriously. Good job.

Sawamura is right to be frustrated. It's so unfair.

I'm surprised he managed to get on base at least twice though.
Jul 16, 2019 9:06 AM

Jun 2010
for a moment I thought Sawamura was going to hit a home run XD
Jul 16, 2019 9:07 AM
Sep 2015
Is this the first time we know from anime that Coach is a former Pitcher? I bet he must have a power style and went slump like Furuya. Now Seido has to beat 3 schools for revenge according to sports anime cliche. Though I don't know who'll be big boss between Inashiro and the Koshien winner that has my fluffy Hongo in its team.
Jul 16, 2019 10:00 AM
Sep 2008
sawamura random successful bating is always the cherry on top beuz no one expects it, not even the enemy pitcher XD and the crowd reaction was so hilarious... tho the sad part was that its just proves they dont excpet much from him.
it pissed me off that they have so little trust in sawamura, i get that furuya is the ace and has super power pitches but seriously even aces has off games and not always can pitch perfectly. it was a bad call not to swap earlier but oh well they are (animated) humans after all xDDD what pissed me off even more is yuki;s attidude before the game when eijun wanted to practice with him but furuya butted in without a care in the world and yuki just forgot about his plans with eijun... like what the heck... this is not how teammates should treat each other :<

damn tho they walked sawamura the 2nd time at the end of the game probably were shaking that he might bat the heck out of them, its funny that he the worst batter on their team actully did what their better batters couldnt XD
i luv this anime so much!

tbh they should learn from eijun: being positive and frustrated at the same time leads to better batting lmao XD
Jul 16, 2019 10:00 AM
Sep 2008
phantomfandom said:
Is this the first time we know from anime that Coach is a former Pitcher? I bet he must have a power style and went slump like Furuya. Now Seido has to beat 3 schools for revenge according to sports anime cliche. Though I don't know who'll be big boss between Inashiro and the Koshien winner that has my fluffy Hongo in its team.

no it was known since season one that caoch was pitcher
Jul 16, 2019 10:02 AM
Sep 2008
Lyrisia said:
Well... of course they lost. All because the coach was stupid enough to leave Furuya in the game for so long even though it was clear he was playing extremely badly. Seriously. Good job.

Sawamura is right to be frustrated. It's so unfair.

I'm surprised he managed to get on base at least twice though.

hahahhaha true XDDD
the 2nd time tho at the end of the game: they walked him on porpose XD probabaly got scared he might hit homrun
Jul 16, 2019 12:39 PM

Dec 2016
seikanyuuki said:
for a moment I thought Sawamura was going to hit a home run XD

kind of like the Bartolo Colon home run
play of the century xD
Jul 16, 2019 12:46 PM

Feb 2012
i like amahisa lied back attitude when he's pitching " he look like he may be a strong fighter" XD
My boy sawamura making miracles, they were even scared of him the second time at bat and walking him lmao
He seems really frustrated and is not sitting with the team.
hopefully this lose will improve all of them for the summer tournament

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jul 16, 2019 1:04 PM

Oct 2016
Sawamura's batting was awesome! and the crowed being surprised was funny xD. Sawamura seems angry! sitting away from everyone else and he s damn right! Another shitty animation as expected why do their teeth always seem closed when they talk (talking about amahisa and coach) .
Jul 16, 2019 1:15 PM

Jul 2012
I love that Sawamura consistently pitched to the end and didn't concede any runs.

His frustration is understandable though. I really hope coaches will start to consider him as a candidate for the role of ace soon.

Also, DID WE JUST SEE SAWAMURA ACTUALLY HIT SOMETHING AT BAT?
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2019 1:48 PM

Nov 2016
This outcome was inevitable, but damn, if they would've started with Sawamura.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 16, 2019 3:59 PM

Dec 2014
Nooo, they lost. Where's my Shounen comeback? T.T

Real shame that they lost, Sawamura played like a champ even hitting the ball but they couldn't make anything happen. :(

I hope they can do well in the Summer tournament. :(

Interested in seeing how the characters are gonna react to this loss.
Jul 16, 2019 9:44 PM
Feb 2016
I really like the direction the series is going. showing the flaws of Kataoka and the team. Sawamura is going to mature more after this and Furuya will also have to learn as a pitcher. Something we haven't seen often in the previous seasons. Overall its cool to see that the growth of Sawamura in the previous seasons lead to this type of performance in the current one.
Jul 16, 2019 9:47 PM
Feb 2016
narutosister said:
sawamura random successful bating is always the cherry on top beuz no one expects it, not even the enemy pitcher XD and the crowd reaction was so hilarious... tho the sad part was that its just proves they dont excpet much from him.
it pissed me off that they have so little trust in sawamura, i get that furuya is the ace and has super power pitches but seriously even aces has off games and not always can pitch perfectly. it was a bad call not to swap earlier but oh well they are (animated) humans after all xDDD what pissed me off even more is yuki;s attidude before the game when eijun wanted to practice with him but furuya butted in without a care in the world and yuki just forgot about his plans with eijun... like what the heck... this is not how teammates should treat each other :<

damn tho they walked sawamura the 2nd time at the end of the game probably were shaking that he might bat the heck out of them, its funny that he the worst batter on their team actully did what their better batters couldnt XD
i luv this anime so much!

tbh they should learn from eijun: being positive and frustrated at the same time leads to better batting lmao XD

in this case its more of kataoka trusting Furuya the "ace" too much instead of not trusting Sawamura. He's biased because being an ace pitcher is really meaningful to him
Jul 16, 2019 9:48 PM
Feb 2016
Wintovisky said:
Missing Summer Koshien again lol. Thanks Kataoka. BTW, the cherry on the top was Zono fucking up, like usual.

its spring koshien. summer is an entirely different tournament and is the more competitive one.
Jul 17, 2019 7:15 AM

Sep 2013
killerqueen2000 said:
Wintovisky said:

its spring koshien. summer is an entirely different tournament and is the more competitive one.

Wasn't Spring Koshien the Koshien in which Furuya lost against Hongo? I thought that was the Invitational, which I supposed was the Spring Koshien (less competitive... since Yakushi was there as well...). Edit: I'm confused. They just played Spring Koshien... and now the played the qualifiers for... Spring Koshien again? What? Can someone help me with the Two-Koshiens-and-respective-qualifers calendar, please.
WintoviskyJul 17, 2019 8:16 AM
Jul 17, 2019 8:17 AM

Sep 2011
Sawamura was amazing. His pitching was at its best, and even his batting was great. So it hurts a lot that no one was able to send him home. It also hurts that he had to feel frustrated like that, about the difference in treatment between the ace and the relief pitcher. Kataoka admitted his mistake, and Furuya also said to those reporters that he was the one who lost, but all of this feels weird since it's over for now.

Amahisa trying to strike a conversation with Sawamura, and trying to learn the secrets of his pitching while he was still dealing with all this was rude and annoying too, but the way he even asked him for his LINE ID was somewhat endearing. I guess it means he recognized him as a worthy pitcher, but well. Now it's time to root for Mei, and it seems that the next goodbye is already coming. Only three months, huh. It still feels like Chris-senpai and the others just graduated, and now this. ;-;
Jul 17, 2019 10:39 AM

Sep 2012
Wintovisky said:
killerqueen2000 said:

Wasn't Spring Koshien the Koshien in which Furuya lost against Hongo? I thought that was the Invitational, which I supposed was the Spring Koshien (less competitive... since Yakushi was there as well...). Edit: I'm confused. They just played Spring Koshien... and now the played the qualifiers for... Spring Koshien again? What? Can someone help me with the Two-Koshiens-and-respective-qualifers calendar, please.

yes spring koshien is invitational.

and this tournament is spring tokyo metropolitan tournament (a prefectural tournament), this tournament used to qualify for kanto tournament, iirc, finalist qualify for kanto tournament, and semifinalist and finalist of invitational also able to participate in kanto tournament if they're from kanto region.

after kanto tournament, then there's gonna be west tokyo tournament (summer koshien qualifier, only winner can participate in summer koshien in west tokyo)
Jul 17, 2019 10:46 AM
Feb 2016
[quote=Wintovisky message=57982284][quote=killerqueen2000 message=57980374]
Wintovisky said:

Sorry for being unclear dude. 1. First off, the one where they lost to Hongou was Spring Koshien.

2. The one they just lost was the Spring tournament which is where the top 16 schools or teams that reached the fourth round get to be seeded for the Summer Tournament. So this affects their seeding for the Summer but they are still qualified to play.

3. The top winners and runner-ups teams of the 7 Kanto region prefectures in the Spring tournament are then qualified for the Kanto tournament and that also affects the seeding for the summer. This is what Seido wasn't qualified for after losing in episode 16.

4. Next up is finally the more competitive Summer tournament, the one Seido played in season 1. If they win the summer tournament then they play in summer koshien

5. In season 2 Seido played in the fall tournament and won it, thus being able to participate in Meiji Jingu tournament. Im not sure why there is a Jingu tournament in between Fall and Spring Koshien because I think its really pointless.

6. The Spring Koshien is an invitational tournament and by winning in the fall, Seido secures a spot to play there. It is less competitive than the summer but still pretty competitive because its still Koshien after all.

The order goes like this: Spring tournament => Kanto tournament=>Summer tournament=>Summer Koshien=>Fall tournament=>Jingu tournament=>Spring Koshien

I know its confusing because Im confused by how the Japanese baseball system works as well but these are the basics. Season 3 will probably cover Spring Koshien, Spring tournament, some of Kanto, and there will be tons of practice matches in preparation for the Summer tournament. Some of these practice matches are against schools that are Koshien regulars and my guess is that the season will end just before the summer tournament starts
Jul 17, 2019 10:52 AM
May 2013
Wintovisky said:
killerqueen2000 said:

Wintovisky said:
killerqueen2000 said:

this tournament is for to determine, the seeds for the qualifiers tournaments for west and east Tokyo to summer koshien
so Seido right now will be the 3rd seed in west tokyo
and Teito will be the 1st seed in east tokyo anyway
najib90Jul 17, 2019 10:57 AM
Jul 17, 2019 11:47 AM

Sep 2013
Thanks for the help, guys. It's a confusing calendar, to say the least.
Jul 17, 2019 1:14 PM

May 2017
The thing I liked the most this episode was how interested Amahisa Boy was in Sawamura. Looking forward to the aftermath of this tournament at the dorm.

The Summer qualifier is gonna be great. Judging by the preview, other Seido catcher will finally have their chance to shine. Okumura x Sawamura might come sooner than I anticipated.
Jul 17, 2019 5:35 PM
May 2019
I could get used to this new change in Sawamura! For a little while at least. I think it would be beneficial to himself and those around him who always took him for granted/never took his talent seriously to see him serious about his role as a pitcher. And as an overall player to the Seido baseball team. After all, he did get his first double (the team's reaction was hilarious)! I like Sawamura realizing that the difference between everyone's expectations of him and Furuya lies in the NUMBERS on their backs. It's a fitting emotional reaction (his frustration) to realizing where he stands among the team.

And my mans Miyuki better show Sawamura the RESPECT he deserves (since he seems to have realized Sawamura's attitude change at the end of the episode when Sawa didn't even sit with the team), or we're gonna have to get divorced!

Great episode! :)
Jul 17, 2019 9:15 PM

May 2011
Another great episode.

I always wonder how the pitchers were able to swing their bat so well even without much practices. I remember there were quite a few other times where a pitcher was able to land a good hit while their teammates were struggling to do so. After all, the batters swing their bats every single day, and spend most of their times looking at balls flying towards them. It's weird to see them being outperformed from time to time, and wasn't by sheer luck, but their capabilities. I think Miyuki falls into this category too (since he spends most of his time catching pitches). Would be great if someone can enlighten me, and if this is normal IRL too?
Jul 21, 2019 6:12 AM

Feb 2010
Well ofc i'd be angry too if i was Sawamura, in fact i was so proud he finally show his frustation, if it was him performed badly like that, he'll be subbed out in no time and the team will shit on him like always, even with Sawamura carried the game (like he always do) by making a hit, all of his teammates suddenly look surprised... roflmao this team is a joke.

t_tomodachi22 said:
And my mans Miyuki better show Sawamura the RESPECT he deserves (since he seems to have realized Sawamura's attitude change at the end of the episode when Sawa didn't even sit with the team), or we're gonna have to get divorced!

Honestly after more than a year with Sawa's and he still showing doubts like that, i think he didn't even deserve Sawamura at all, meh... just abandon him, graduate already and Sawa better make a battery with the new first year.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jul 21, 2019 2:32 PM

Dec 2016
roppuri said:
Well ofc i'd be angry too if i was Sawamura, in fact i was so proud he finally show his frustation, if it was him performed badly like that, he'll be subbed out in no time and the team will shit on him like always, even with Sawamura carried the game (like he always do) by making a hit, all of his teammates suddenly look surprised... roflmao this team is a joke.

t_tomodachi22 said:

Honestly after more than a year with Sawa's and he still showing doubts like that, i think he didn't even deserve Sawamura at all, meh... just abandon him, graduate already and Sawa better make a battery with the new first year.

True.
I have been following this manga for 10 years now and this favoritism for Furuya has been a constant since it appeared in the manga.
I understand that he is a "monster", but Sawamura for better performance than Furuya was treated really like crap.
Even some of his teammates, after the friendly against Yakushi, wondered what he was doing in the Seidou.
Furuya instead can suck as much as he wants, he is always Ace-sama
Jul 23, 2019 3:02 AM

Dec 2015
killerqueen2000 said:

The order goes like this: Spring tournament => Kanto tournament=>Summer tournament=>Summer Koshien=>Fall tournament=>Jingu tournament=>Spring Koshien

Then, according to this order, all 3rd-year player gonna retired after summer koshien and new team gonna play for fall tournament...I don't know whether Terajima sensei gonna draw until Sawamura is in his 3rd year.... (I really wish he draws until Sawamura is in college and meets Chris senpai then they form a battery with him or something.. but knowing how sensei like to torture Sawamura... I don't know whether I should hope for college arc or not.... it will be more hype if Sawamura and furuya is in different college and have a match with each other, hahaha)
lisyaoran2009Jul 23, 2019 3:14 AM
"It's only us pitchers who can prove for all to see that your gamecalling' choices ain't wrong, yeah?" Sawamura to Okumura before their first official practice game as a battery.
Jul 23, 2019 2:25 PM
Feb 2016
lisyaoran2009 said:

Then, according to this order, all 3rd-year player gonna retired after summer koshien and new team gonna play for fall tournament...I don't know whether Terajima sensei gonna draw until Sawamura is in his 3rd year.... (I really wish he draws until Sawamura is in college and meets Chris senpai then they form a battery with him or something.. but knowing how sensei like to torture Sawamura... I don't know whether I should hope for college arc or not.... it will be more hype if Sawamura and furuya is in different college and have a match with each other, hahaha)

yeah ur right. I think TJ will draw a little bit of Eijun's third year but not too much. The last arc would be Koshien imo. thats the main thing. college and all that wouldn't be focused too much but it will be nice to see that
Aug 20, 2019 7:40 PM
Aug 2019
I really am annoyed at Furuya but he also just want to help the team. Please stop hating him huhuhuhu. Sawamura FTW, btw 😂
Nov 27, 2019 7:23 AM
Nov 2019
I'm just here to say I really appreciate how good the story line is. It's really amazing and exciting to see what will happen next after the characters show some flaws, mistakes and to build so much confidence in his self after what happen here.
Dec 20, 2019 7:09 PM

Sep 2018
When Eijun hit the pitch, I got teary eye! He deserves to be the ace now. Give the #1 to him already!!!!!!!!!

Eijun is so good now! I'm impressed on his improvement!!!

They LOSE again?!!!!!!!!
Feb 9, 2020 8:34 AM

Mar 2017
caught up with the anime, just rewatching again because of Sawamura's badass pitching

Sawamura finally hit one!!! That W O A H by everyone lmao

I love characters who respect and are interested with Sawamura haha
Amahisa boy is funny, he even exchanged lines with him.

Salvaju29ro said:
roppuri said:

True.
I have been following this manga for 10 years now and this favoritism for Furuya has been a constant since it appeared in the manga.
I understand that he is a "monster", but Sawamura for better performance than Furuya was treated really like crap.
Even some of his teammates, after the friendly against Yakushi, wondered what he was doing in the Seidou.
Furuya instead can suck as much as he wants, he is always Ace-sama

this is such a mood hahaha exactly my thoughts ;-;
I know Furuya didn't mean any harm but it's frustrating that they are clearly favoring him even though Sawamura is doing his best.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Nov 3, 2021 12:18 PM

Jul 2015
Our boy Eijun was on fire in both pitching and batting, too bad the rest of his team wasn't and also Kataoka basically threwing this match by not switching Furuya who kept messing up.

Jul 18, 2023 7:54 PM

Aug 2019
Oh my gosh, even Eijun knows he would’ve been immediately subbed out if he did what Furuya did. This is too much. Don’t let it get to you right now, tho Eijun 

What just happened, haha, that was surprising. Why do all the batters start playing terribly when Eijun is subbed in. 

YOSH YOSH YOSH!

Kosei is extremely troublesome, Seido’s batters are having a hard time with his pitches.

I’m glad Eijun kept on pitching very well even though they lost unfortunately.

They could’ve easily won if they started Eijun and ended the game with Furuya, but what’s done is done. I’m glad the coach is acknowledging his mistake.

Haha he wanted his line too
that was an interesting interaction between two pitchers.

Oh woah he’s sitting by himself, he’s really pissed.
Aug 16, 2023 6:45 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Really liking Eijun atm. Great episodes

I’m sorta glad the team lost tbh
Aug 21, 2023 8:09 PM
May 2020
They lost but it wasn't Sawamura's fault AND he got on base at least TWICE!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

58 by Nova22 »»
Mar 9, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 14, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 8, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.