Forum Settings
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2019 6:51 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Despite how awkward that sounded, sempai finally said it. About time.
Jul 15, 2019 7:16 PM

May 2016
Aaahh, Paisen finally "confessed"..... :' ) Nagatoro's reaction was gold too, maybe the first small step?
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Jul 15, 2019 7:50 PM

Dec 2015
Very stimulating indeed >.>
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 15, 2019 7:51 PM

May 2015
stimulating huh D

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jul 15, 2019 7:58 PM

Jul 2011
Whoa, that were indeed "stimulating" chapter :o

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jul 15, 2019 9:03 PM

Jun 2015
Very awkward but stimulating nonetheless.
:)
Jul 15, 2019 10:11 PM

Mar 2015
i feel like those 2 background character.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 15, 2019 11:20 PM
Mar 2015
At least he finally indicated why he liked her
Jul 16, 2019 1:15 AM

Oct 2017
Senpai finally "confessed" to Nagatoro. I'm kind of afraid with this the series might be over soon but I hope not.
Jul 16, 2019 8:25 AM

Jan 2018
I live for panels like this
Jul 16, 2019 9:52 AM
Feb 2019
Oh. Is this the new way to confess that you fancy her?

"stimulating" indeed.
Jul 16, 2019 11:04 PM
Jul 2018
that was awesome, I love the word “stimulating” as like a phrase to show that you like someone because it really does feel that way. For Paisen specifically he has to draw well and in order to do that he needs passion and passion is attained from good stimulus, which is nagatoro. If I think of girls my mind can wander off for a bit, too, making it pretty good stimulus as opposed to the drab days I live in going from train to train staring at walls for 45 minutes and doing nothing in an office. Stimulation breaks the monotony and to call someone stimulating is a nice gesture. Also I loved all the panels in this chapter they didn’t have much text and they were very pretty, but realistic. The vacancy in Nagatoros eyes whenever senpai got close, showing her disinterest, and Paisen’s panting awkward face. this manga has some of the best contortion of faces to express emotion I’ve seen. they don’t know how to express love and it’s entertaining, how she hits him and calls him gross but actually thinks better of him. Although most chapters aren’t this way they’re more slice of life, but this one is pretty fresh and perhaps progressive relationship wise(probably not) but it’s still entertaining so whatever. Good Chapter
Jul 19, 2019 2:15 PM

Jan 2018
embarrassed nagatoro is my favorite nagatoro
Jul 22, 2019 7:25 AM

Oct 2017
My gosh i totally thght the pres was seducing senpai by dressing like that but I guess she is just a art freak. She even told him to run after Nagatoro. Also did he jist seriously say that to her that she is most stimulating for him XD.
Jul 27, 2019 8:41 PM
Sep 2017
inellipsale said:
that was awesome, I love the word “stimulating” as like a phrase to show that you like someone because it really does feel that way. For Paisen specifically he has to draw well and in order to do that he needs passion and passion is attained from good stimulus, which is nagatoro. If I think of girls my mind can wander off for a bit, too, making it pretty good stimulus as opposed to the drab days I live in going from train to train staring at walls for 45 minutes and doing nothing in an office. Stimulation breaks the monotony and to call someone stimulating is a nice gesture. Also I loved all the panels in this chapter they didn’t have much text and they were very pretty, but realistic. The vacancy in Nagatoros eyes whenever senpai got close, showing her disinterest, and Paisen’s panting awkward face. this manga has some of the best contortion of faces to express emotion I’ve seen. they don’t know how to express love and it’s entertaining, how she hits him and calls him gross but actually thinks better of him. Although most chapters aren’t this way they’re more slice of life, but this one is pretty fresh and perhaps progressive relationship wise(probably not) but it’s still entertaining so whatever. Good Chapter

Guess somebody has beaten me to writing a lengthy article about that chapter XD.
Still, I will try to write my review of it.
I have to agree with inellipsale about the usage of the word "stimulating" and congratulate whoever came up with using that word(I don't know whether it was the translator's choice or whether Nanashi used the equivalent word in Japanese) since it makes sense on a variety of levels. Firstly in conveys a feeling of closeness between people and thus reinforces the unique bond they share. Secondly, that word shows what Senpai thinks of Nagatoro, he sees her as an attractive girl, which can be backed up by his words in chapter 40 page 3 which say "Nagatoro is charming in her own way". And finally, the word "stimulating" can mean "encouraging interest or new ideas" which show how much of an inspiration she is to our protagonist.
Next up I would like to focus on the relationship between our two main characters, the way they get to know each other feels very natural, they progress on a realistic pace which is rare in nowadays manga. Both of them try to slowly open up to each other while being afraid of the outcome, which leads to awkward tries disguised as "bullying" from Nagatoro's side and denial from Senpai's side.
Now let's focus on the confession which was delivered by Senpai. It was one of those rare moments when he was being honest and didn't try to hide his intentions. He smoothly cleared up the misunderstanding and was able to say his real feelings for Nagatoro, how much he appreciates her being near him.
The reactions of our protagonists to the confession also show us that it was a very major deal to them. Notice how both of them almost immediately after it sport a luminescent blush. Besides the usual shyness demonstrated by Nagatoro by repeatedly punching Senpai and calling him gross, we can see how happy she was to hear it from him.
The lack of text serves chapter well, there is no need for words as action speaks for itself. A good example of another manga where the lack of text was used to build up tension is "Blame!". However, that two mangas are of a different genre they do have one similarity, the sparsity of text emphasizes the situation of characters.
Let's shift our attention to the eight-page and the lead-up to it. Senpai chases after Nagatoro and has flashbacks to his previous experience with her. We see him sketching her many times, her sitting, her laying down on a sofa, her running while smiling, the Nekotoro sketch makes an appearance and finally the picture of her peacefully sleeping. After that we see Senpai smiling at his memories of Nagatoro.
The flashbacks are a crucial part of this chapter. Through them, we get reminded of the story so far and about the sheer amount of time those two spent together. I am not sure whether anyone noticed it yet but focus on the sketches in the flashbacks. They seem to be getting more and more detailed. Maybe it is a bit farfetched but I believe that it is supposed to symbolize how Senpai and Nagatoro got closer to each other as the time went on, the details showing that Senpai started to care about the way he portrays her thus subtly conveying how important she is to him. Plus notice the similarity between this page and the page 16 in 13th chapter. They are near-identical and given the fact that Nanashi loves referencing previous events, it is near guaranteed that this was an intended callback, maybe even subtle way of saying that both Senpai and Nagatoro feel the same way about each other.
I already focused on the lack of text, now I will focus on the lack of usual crazy variety of facial expressions accustomed to Nagatoro. As most of you have probably noticed, the first 12 pages of this chapter featured very tame Nagatoro, no sadistic grins, no smugness, and no intense stares. It shows that seeing Senpai with nude Pres took a heavy toll on her which is reinforced by her being sulky. None of us ever saw sulky Nagatoro before, nothing has ever bothered her so much before to make her feel so hurt. That, in turn, shows how close she feels she is to Senpai, otherwise, she wouldn't be feeling so betrayed.
Another thing which I would like to point out is the amount of resolve that Senpai has shown in this chapter. The usually beansprouty Paisen who rarely is determined to do something(a rare example of him standing up to the others feature chapter 11 when he clearly states that he is not Nagatoro's boyfriend and chapter 18 when he is serious about winning the match against Nagatoro) chases Nagatoro around the school and catches her when she falls from the tree not to mention the whole confession. That only further supports how important Nagatoro is to him.
As always I have to praise Nanashi for keeping up with our expectations and giving us a fantastic chapter. While we had some doubts about a new story arc he exceeded our hopes and dreams and served us very well developed and engaging story. Sure enough I can't wait for the next chapter to see how things will turn out to be. I think the relationship between them will surely deepen but they will still behave similarly to the way they were before the misunderstanding.
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 29, 2019 10:27 PM

Jun 2015
ooooh nagatoro is blushing
Aug 5, 2019 3:10 PM
Apr 2016
Oh my, that was so awkward yet adorable. Half-confession by Senpai, even Nagatoro ended up blushing like...a lot.
Aug 11, 2019 6:12 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I cannot accurately portray how much I loved this chapter with mere words.

Truly a blessed day.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Aug 12, 2019 10:03 PM

Oct 2010
He isn’t the only person who gets stimulated by her ;)

Mar 31, 2020 8:57 PM
Nov 2015
He just try to say "you are my Muse" yet It went in a really weird funny way XD
Apr 28, 2020 3:29 PM

Feb 2018
Sempai want to talk with nagatoro
Jul 6, 2020 12:29 AM

Dec 2009
Yes...! Finally some new progress of love.
So fucking adorable! 'Love his boldness to declare that he wants to draw her as his model because she's the most stimulating person to him.
Oct 15, 2020 7:23 PM

Feb 2014
Nice confession.
Jul 26, 2021 1:37 AM

Mar 2021
Finally reached my favorite scene from the anime. They somehow made it even better there, in my opinion.

Best chapter so far. Nagatoro was tame and Senpai was a damn chad confessing like that.

Dec 28, 2021 2:39 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That’s practically a confession by Paisen right there
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 31, 2023 11:51 PM
Nov 2022
Como buscar un gato que se enoja contigo, supongo que por eso el traje de Neko le queda bien.

Like looking for a cat that gets mad at you, I guess that's why Neko's outfit fits him well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Chapter 148 Discussion

bastek66 - Apr 15

40 by AbsoluteCinema »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Chapter 145 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Feb 19

28 by skrullpool »»
Apr 11, 2:07 PM

» This is kinda boring

VanVeleca - Sep 28, 2018

20 by Cammell »»
Apr 6, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Chapter 147 Discussion

GeorgeDeSand - Mar 25

11 by MrYujufudan »»
Mar 30, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Chapter 146 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Mar 4

14 by blumey »»
Mar 14, 7:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.