Forum Settings
Forums
Jul 15, 2:50 PM

So I've recently (a year about) started reading light novels, and I was wondering if anyone knew if Light Novels were added to the read mangas entries, or if it's a totally separate category that I don't know off?
Anime Watcher and Manga Reader Extraordinaire!!
Especially knowledgeable in the Slice of Life department, ask away if you want help finding good animes or mangas!! ;)

Im also a huge AniMu Fan.

No AniMu, No Life

Jul 20, 5:50 PM

Yes. LN's are added to manga.

Jul 21, 5:43 AM

Wow, thanks!!XD (I didn't think anyone would reply, so really, thanks!XD)
Especially knowledgeable in the Slice of Life department, ask away if you want help finding good animes or mangas!! ;)

No AniMu, No Life

Jul 27, 4:10 PM

Just going to clear up some things. There usually exists a separate entry for novels and manga. Check the "type" on the Myanimelist database link. For example, your Slime-ken entry you've added is manga (not sure if intentional or not). The alternative version features the light novel as its type is "novel" but it is still considered manga. It adds to your manga stats etc.

Also, not being a mod has something to do with the reply timing lol.

Jul 28, 4:55 AM

Ah, ok thanks!! ( I already knew about the Novel and Manga entry being seperate pages on MAL and stuff, but I didn't understand the specifics, so that was pretty helpful!)

No AniMu, No Life