Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 15, 2019 7:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So they're trying to evoke some emotions from this show but honestly, I can't feel much for it at all.

Hajime's fighting skills are continously been shown again in this show but I find the animation quality pretty lackluster. Shizuku and Kaori seems to get along well. Yue actually gets some lines this episode and reveals her nature. About time he finally frees her.
Jul 15, 2019 7:58 AM
Aug 2017
yeah the animation was lackluster but this episode was average only for me
EmiliaNeko12Jul 15, 2019 8:02 AM
Jul 15, 2019 8:07 AM
Feb 2018
they changed the staff but I really didn't like the EP, so i don't have plans to watch this, and you guys ?
Jul 15, 2019 8:37 AM

Aug 2017
Definitely an improvement on the first episode. And the ED isn't stars anymore.
Jul 15, 2019 9:05 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well that was def a lot better than the first one as I kind of expected since they at least started to explain shit, however it still doesn't answer why they didn't just do that in the first episode already
Jul 15, 2019 9:13 AM

Jan 2016
Found it better than the first one, seems like it's improving, might continue watching it.
Jul 15, 2019 9:14 AM
Jul 2019
Well I guest I gave 4 out of 5 on desu episode, and I wish they put some full action and comedy in the upcoming ep :-)
Jul 15, 2019 9:17 AM

Aug 2013
Don't know what to think about this episode. Didn't impress me one bit. At least it was kinda better than the first episode.

Jul 15, 2019 9:24 AM
Dec 2016
I m up..
well time to rethink...
Yet I still watch.

Then I kinda like it
Jul 15, 2019 9:29 AM
Jun 2019
It sure doesn't look too dark anymore. It's hard to see anything in last episode. I'm surprised that giant Agni&Rudra are 2D instead of CG gibberish. Is this episode made by White Fox or Asread?
As for what they're trying to depict, I thought that the unsealing scene could be one of the high points in the anime throughout the season if what happened last week wasn't a freaking mess.
Jul 15, 2019 9:34 AM
Apr 2013
This anime is really scaring me if they slowed down this much in episode two that means they are going to skip through a lot or bs there way to the point I think they are going to just with the characters that they have and the amount of episodes MAL says it will have. With this kind of passing one would think 24 since they have Tio listed as a main but with on 13 it shows that this show will def suck and I am disapointed since I was looking forward to it.
Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
George S. Patton
A better world shall emerge based on faith and understanding.
Douglas MacArthur
Any more WW2 generals I should quote?
Jul 15, 2019 9:44 AM

Feb 2010
tiwibo said:
Is this episode made by White Fox or Asread?

The animation was outsourced to Studio Pierrot Plus this time.
Jul 15, 2019 9:55 AM

Jan 2019
Seems good so far.
That cliffhanger tho (almost top tier... top level would have been to cut the episode where Hajime's eye spots danger)
Jul 15, 2019 10:13 AM

Oct 2014
So it turns out the first episode was trying to do a Goblin Slayer situation with a far darker tone and aesthetic than the rest of the show. The art improved and there was much less hideous CGI. Looks like this will be another forgettable isekai rather than a so-bad-its-good ironic comedy. Shame.
Jul 15, 2019 10:14 AM

Aug 2016
Jdogla said:
This anime is really scaring me if they slowed down this much in episode two that means they are going to skip through a lot or bs there way to the point I think they are going to just with the characters that they have and the amount of episodes MAL says it will have. With this kind of passing one would think 24 since they have Tio listed as a main but with on 13 it shows that this show will def suck and I am disapointed since I was looking forward to it.

Tio appeared on volume 3, I think that's quite reasonable for 13 episodes to adapt 3 volumes. The problem was if they intended to end it on volume 4.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2019 10:15 AM

Jul 2015
Gotta appreciate how Nagumo first used logic with a "yeah goodbye, if you're sealed here must be for something lmao", although considering his situation I can understand why he would change his mind after hearing betrayal (which tbf could not be one and just a mistake, but seeing the things he has gone through here I can see him being fueled by anger anyways)

Yue is here, not gonna lie, I wanted to try this out because she looks hella cute and so far that's still definitely true, I want to see more of these two before deciding to continue, but so far it has been pretty enjoyable even if just an introduction, just hoping it doesn't go to shit as quickly as the last popular isekais have gone, haha...
Jul 15, 2019 10:19 AM

Apr 2016
Good to see they started to explain why the people got transported to the fantasy world. Honestly i wasn't expecting that blonde girl to be released this earlier on the series. So far this has been my favorite Isekai airing this season.
Jul 15, 2019 10:20 AM

Jun 2014
Ok, it is starting to improve. Will keep watching it.
Jul 15, 2019 10:48 AM

May 2013
Much much better than the 1st ep.
Jul 15, 2019 10:52 AM

Apr 2016
RebelPanda said:
So it turns out the first episode was trying to do a Goblin Slayer situation with a far darker tone and aesthetic than the rest of the show. The art improved and there was much less hideous CGI. Looks like this will be another forgettable isekai rather than a so-bad-its-good ironic comedy. Shame.
This is a fucking outrage! Ariftureta episode 2 isn't even funny bad. It's just blegh bad! I shoulda known you can't trust an isekai for ironic entertainment! Fuck this show! We've been duped!

I found the first one at least funny in how catastrophically awful it is. This...fuck this!
CodeBlazeFateJul 15, 2019 3:31 PM
Jul 15, 2019 11:05 AM
Jun 2015
i like the first half part of this episode if we didn't have too much "recall" event from shizuku, okay that recall event is okay but that is too far. why we need to recall the moment where hajime fall into abyss? because this event, hajime hunting scene become "too normal" and i think we need the studio to show hajime stat every time he defeat and eat monster not just a pile of stones
btw the scene where hajime enter yue prison is too exaggerated and feel too cheap. if it become like the manga, it must animated in short time to give impression "whatever is this place is not important and not my business" from hajime
damn, why my vote can't be more higher than 3 of 5 since episode 1?
Jul 15, 2019 11:08 AM

Jun 2017
It was worth waiting for the loli vampire. Also that "nope, there must be a reason you are sealed, I am out" reaction was priceless lol.

I also think it was a huge improvement over the first episode but maybe they slowed down a bit way too much. Something in between the first and this episode would be optimal speed wise.
Jul 15, 2019 11:14 AM
May 2011
Well let's call it an average one. Pacing changed from 11 chapters per episode to 2... In my opinion 1st episode should've been redone with everything retrospection from here to fix this mess. Though it's still not as dark as it was supposed to be. It was so-so, I guess? Idk what's going on at studio(s) creating this but let's be honest, it can be a quality rollercoaster now.
Jul 15, 2019 11:20 AM
Mar 2018
Well, It's a good Episode actually even if the first Episode leaves bad taste but Episode 2 has some many improvements, Even if the Anime turns quite to be disappointing, I will still enjoy watching it, cause I love the Light Novel.
Jul 15, 2019 11:41 AM

Aug 2013
after the disastrous 1st episode, this one is far far far better...
I guess I gonna keep watching this
Jul 15, 2019 11:45 AM

Apr 2008
You need a special kind of talent to screw up a pretty straight forward anime adaptation this badly. SPECIAL KIND.

P.S. NOT PURPLE!
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Jul 15, 2019 11:46 AM

Feb 2011
Action scene decent, some explanatives, I hope they aren't gonna make flashbacks constant thing. Anyhow much better than 1st episode hopefully rating improves.
Jul 15, 2019 11:53 AM

Jan 2013
only the second episode and they already did a long recap of the first episode and flashbacks in the first half. couple that and the wack animation, i'll just skim thru in hopes of seeing good stuff

and i can still barely see a goddamn thing bc everything so dark
Jul 15, 2019 11:56 AM

Oct 2017
Better than the first episode atleast but still not gd enough. The animation is really bad . The fuck is with this adaptation damn it. I expected more from WhiteFox .What a letdown so far.
Jul 15, 2019 11:57 AM

Jan 2014
like others are saying, this episode was slighty better than the 1st one.

I'll keep watching to see where this goes, still a high chance of me dropping it
Jul 15, 2019 11:58 AM

Oct 2018
Hmmm, I liked this episode tbh, it was better than the first one
I thought we would only see Yue in the 3rd episode, I guess they rushed some things again, but I'm glad we can already see her

Also, I like her voice, I think it fits her

It was good to see that Hajime just didn't care at all that she was naked, they didn't put some annoying cliche in there

BTW the flashbacks are still terrible
-Aincrad-Jul 15, 2019 12:05 PM
Jul 15, 2019 11:58 AM

Dec 2016
better than the last episode but still pretty meh. I hope there's less CGI used in the later episodes....
Jul 15, 2019 12:00 PM

Oct 2018
MegamiRem said:
Better than the first episode atleast but still not gd enough. The animation is really bad . The fuck is with this adaptation damn it. I expected more from WhiteFox .What a letdown so far.

This is not White Fox's project actually

Originally it was, but now it's Asread's
Jul 15, 2019 12:03 PM

Sep 2013
Kinda ok with the pacing of the show, more details would be nice as vol 1 was most interesting, a bit dissapointed in Yue voicing, she sounds too loli. A bit more mature voice would be more fitting imo
Jul 15, 2019 12:22 PM
Jun 2016
This episode is better than the first one but the staff really ruined the anime for me. Would love a remake with a well thought out process and not something that is low budget and awful quality.
Jul 15, 2019 12:26 PM
Nov 2018
It was definitely better then first ep but I have feeling like story is lacking something... It's just not a thing I was expecting from white fox.
Jul 15, 2019 12:35 PM

Dec 2015
Noticed a small improvement from the last week's episode. Might keep watching it until the end if it keeps improving
Jul 15, 2019 12:51 PM

Apr 2017
As most of you said, this was a better episode than the first one. I find the mc kinda interesting, but other than that it was pretty tedious.
Jul 15, 2019 12:55 PM

Aug 2015
I liked this episode. I could relate to the emotions portrayed in this episode. Can't wait to see which direction this anime goes.
Jul 15, 2019 1:02 PM

Apr 2015
This was quite an improvement from the first episode, still not quite sure if I am going to continue this, I guess next week will be the decider.
Jul 15, 2019 1:05 PM

Jul 2019
overall, improvement from 1st episode. less (noticeable) cgi. thought the two cyclops were going to be cgi. thank you that they are not.

Still cringe at times. The edgy hatred seems so forced. The "If any1 gets in my way, ill kill them" felt so forced, i cringed. and his reaction when he learned Yue was betrayed. They have this decent plot, but the execution is horrendous. The cinematography is cringe so many times. The sword girls action are so unnatural it felt so stiff. And the bad guy that was jealous of the MC is just terrible as well - just how he reacts and is animated ...

only saving point of this episode is that they managed to tell the background (might have been on purpose to have ambiguous story in ep 1 for suspense for ep 2.) and the action was definitely an improvement from ep 1 IMO. and you get naked cute vampire girl which is nice.
Jul 15, 2019 1:15 PM

Mar 2017
I'm not saying this anime is good and the story telling is so damn chaotic but i really like Nagumo so i feel like i need to keep watching...

I wish it would stop going back to the surface cause honestly, i couldn't give a shit about any of the characters up there... they need to focus more of Nagumo, like showing off what skills his gained or putting in more fight scenes.
Jul 15, 2019 1:23 PM
Apr 2019
much better storytelling and pacing, this will definitely be a standout for this season
Jul 15, 2019 1:39 PM
May 2019
Well....at least its an improvement from the basketfire of an episode 1. The pacing was a bit better, with whatever flashbacks they included being not all over the place.

Of course some parts of the animation could be fixed, but the thing that nearly killed the series was the pacing and storytelling of episode 1. An improvement in that department at least makes this series 'watchable' now.

Though the only thing I'm going to give them in terms of credit for is not spending so much time on Hajime's trek down the floors and making it so that Yue was on Floor 50. Not only did they cut down the necessary time without skipping too much important details there, but they also showed some of the harshness of the trek down to floor 50 ALONE. Manga slightly screwed up there so at least happy that was one thing that they did for the anime.
Jul 15, 2019 1:42 PM
Aug 2015
Arararagi won't be pleased.
Jul 15, 2019 2:01 PM

Aug 2016
That's what I was actually expecting from the adaptation, a fine work that could be watched with no need to rip your eyes off, yep this episode mange to raise the anime from 2/10 to 6/10 hope it get better by the time.
Jul 15, 2019 2:08 PM

Jun 2017
WalkerLeon said:
Well....at least its an improvement from the basketfire of an episode 1. The pacing was a bit better, with whatever flashbacks they included being not all over the place.

Of course some parts of the animation could be fixed, but the thing that nearly killed the series was the pacing and storytelling of episode 1. An improvement in that department at least makes this series 'watchable' now.

Though the only thing I'm going to give them in terms of credit for is not spending so much time on Hajime's trek down the floors and making it so that Yue was on Floor 50. Not only did they cut down the necessary time without skipping too much important details there, but they also showed some of the harshness of the trek down to floor 50 ALONE. Manga slightly screwed up there so at least happy that was one thing that they did for the anime.

Correct me if I am wrong but they found the giant dino thing on floor 65, and the MC is only going down since he fell..so how is Yue on floor 50?
Jul 15, 2019 2:09 PM

Nov 2016
This episode was at least watchable.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 15, 2019 2:10 PM

May 2017
This felt like a remake of the 1st episode, with everything fixed. (Well, not everything. There's still some explaining to do but it's too late)
They finally draw the big monsters in the cave~!
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Jul 15, 2019 2:16 PM

Mar 2012
Well the one thing i wanted in this episode was that at least it will be improved and they managed it at least.

To be frank as someone who read the manga(not the ln) this series was never really that impressive, you have a standard op protagnist, cute girls, a harem forming up and lots of op action.

The few qualities that kept me still reading it and to an extant watching it now are due to the main mc that is not bother by some of the standards in isekai anime, timid protagnist, embrassed at girls or just cant go foward with the woman (in this case he does and it is quite refreshing anime only will see what i mean in a few eps) and the revenge motivation, call me a sucker for revenge plots even if this one is more of a generic side.

Well if they keep this up, i can defintly end with a 6 to 7 rating pretty much the same as the manga version. Here is hoping.

P.S I heard this was mostly done by another studio and not asread this time, which can explain the change in quality, that studio has got to keep its hands off on animating material, there track record is horrendous outside of one or two exceptions.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.