Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 14, 2019 11:18 AM

Sep 2015
i've seen quite a few threads stating opinions that the animation quality is better and more visually appealing than the original movie and i just don't understand how anyone could think that....do you people have eyes??

half the time the characters look like blobs, especially motoko
i'm not even talking about character designs because i love batou's and the side characters and even villain designs that appear as well but i can't be the only one that notices a lot of the time the characters just look sloppy with no attention to detail, especially when compared to the 95 film

obviously creating a 26ep series is more tedious than a 2hr movie so it won't be flawless all the way through but my entire time watching it i've been severely underwhelmed by the animation and i don't understand how anyone thinks it's visually superior

i haven't seen 2nd gig, i'm talking about the first 26 episodes but 2nd gig definitely looks better than the first season

soundtrack is lit tho

talk me down
safe & sound
too strung up
to sleep
⋯⋯ ⋯⋯
overground,
watch this space
i'm open to
falling from grace

Jul 19, 2019 4:41 PM

Oct 2009
Caffeine said:
i've seen quite a few threads stating opinions that the animation quality is better and more visually appealing than the original movie and i just don't understand how anyone could think that....do you people have eyes??

half the time the characters look like blobs, especially motoko
i'm not even talking about character designs because i love batou's and the side characters and even villain designs that appear as well but i can't be the only one that notices a lot of the time the characters just look sloppy with no attention to detail, especially when compared to the 95 film

obviously creating a 26ep series is more tedious than a 2hr movie so it won't be flawless all the way through but my entire time watching it i've been severely underwhelmed by the animation and i don't understand how anyone thinks it's visually superior

i haven't seen 2nd gig, i'm talking about the first 26 episodes but 2nd gig definitely looks better than the first season

soundtrack is lit tho

I honestly don't know where you've been seeing people say that SAC had better animation quality.

No TV anime has anything close to the level of animation quality in a movie like Ghost in the Shell 1995, for the obvious reason of a much larger budget spent on a much shorter runtime.

As for visual appeal people could quite easily prefer the character designs in SAC and often do, though these character designs are highly variable in style between episodes, and again for reasons of budget and runtime, each frame is not going to get as much attention as the 1995 movie and so characters won't look as good and on model all of the time.

Again, you're barking up the wrong tree comparing the visual quality of an anime movie to an anime TV series, stylistic preferences are the only reason anyone would claim to prefer SAC on that front.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OranSolus - Jul 17, 2008

153 by MineFord_gurme »»
Apr 5, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Aug 8, 2008

84 by Satyr_icon »»
Mar 28, 9:02 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OranSolus - Jul 17, 2008

88 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 17, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Sep 8, 2008

50 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 17, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jul 12, 2008

77 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 17, 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.