Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 15, 2019 1:37 AM

Jul 2016
Granted I only managed about half the episode, but Sonia really wasn't the biggest problem with this that I could see. Sonia herself seemed alright. No, the biggest problem is the visuals. They looks so shit I can't stand it. That's why I only made it halfway.

Oh well, that's it for this season I guess. I stuck with two shows, but another two on hold, and either dropped or ignored everything else. The movies and ONA's might have some good stuff though, I'll check them out.
Jul 15, 2019 2:21 AM

Aug 2013
So the sloppy threeway of Psycho-Pass, Black Lagoon, and Kekkai Sessen has produced this weird love child of an anime...honestly not convinced this is worth the investment at this point in time; especially with the likes of Vinland Saga on Sundays. This is probably going to the Hold list for now.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 15, 2019 3:50 AM
Aug 2017
I was actually waiting for this one, as i am a big fan of the original '68 version of this anime. It wasnt anything that special, but i dont think it is totally bad for now, i'll see how it goes on. It is kinda funny to see people comparing this to most recent animes, when this actually came way earlier,and it was a lot different from the other animes of that time
Jul 15, 2019 4:07 AM
Dec 2018
I thought they were supposed to look ugly ffs😂
Jul 15, 2019 4:57 AM

May 2018
I'm getting some Cop Craft vibes from this show. I don't understand why everyone hates it, I think the first episode was good.

The only thing I didn't like was when the blonde girl chase after BEM and shot him for no reason, but overall it's a 8/10
Jul 15, 2019 5:06 AM
Jul 2018
I really like the OST and the OP, but the story itself is pretty cliche so far. I don't mind Summers, but I want to see more of Belo, Bela and Bem.
Jul 15, 2019 8:29 AM

May 2010
my eyes are bleeding a few minutes in. im forced to pass
Jul 15, 2019 8:39 AM

Jul 2015
H4nss0n said:
Extremely obnoxious heroine, she talks big but is useless when it matters. I hate those type of characters, all bark no bite. Also, another anime that fetishises being human and humanity for no reason, it's honestly getting creepy. If i had to score this anime based on only one episode, this would be an easy 4/10.

Edit: Also since the blonde girl is being showed down our throats in the first episode i'm guessing she's gonna become a main-character that's gonna get a lot of attention. This is certainly going to destroy any fun i would otherwise get from this show. Trash.

She is typical Mary Sue type of character with over the top sense of justice. Literally the worst type of character you can get.
I suspect that she was only used for this pilot episode and won't be seeing her again.

Jul 15, 2019 8:49 AM
Aug 2015
I must admit to being surprised by the plot thus far.
I can imagine it being along the same lines as Cop Craft, with the obvious differences in how they are Yokai rather than fantasy style creatures.
All in all I enjoyed it, and am looking forward to how it progresses.
I say, give it a shot and you may be pleasantly surprised. I hope.
Jul 15, 2019 11:29 AM

Dec 2016
Sonia looks like a blonde version of Petra from SnK :O
Jul 15, 2019 11:46 AM
Apr 2016
ahneeme said:
SoraSenpai said:
A lot of Hate on Summers for no reason.

dude there's like 12 comments above yours giving reasons why they don't like her and you write a comment like this?

Do they have, like, A SINGLE SOLID reason, or is it just some childish nonsense?
Piromysl said:
H4nss0n said:
Extremely obnoxious heroine, she talks big but is useless when it matters. I hate those type of characters, all bark no bite. Also, another anime that fetishises being human and humanity for no reason, it's honestly getting creepy. If i had to score this anime based on only one episode, this would be an easy 4/10.

Edit: Also since the blonde girl is being showed down our throats in the first episode i'm guessing she's gonna become a main-character that's gonna get a lot of attention. This is certainly going to destroy any fun i would otherwise get from this show. Trash.

She is typical Mary Sue type of character with over the top sense of justice. Literally the worst type of character you can get.
I suspect that she was only used for this pilot episode and won't be seeing her again.

Eh,... Okay, have you seen the poster for this series? Good thing they don't accept people like that into police. A lot of suspects would be wronged.
Adatha5 said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
Did that water monster get stronger after absorbing those bullets or what? and why the hell didn't he kill the blond ass who shoot him along with the other cops who just arrived and were further from him than her? it seems as if he went out of his way to avoid scratching her while massacring everyone else standing right behind her. Speaking of the blond ass, she was scared shitless of the water monster that she couldn't even move away when he was swinging his shit at the cops behind her, but the other monster who just killed the monster that made her freeze out of fear (and also the one who made my eyes bleed with his lame ass ugly transformation sequence) is not scary enough to make her freeze apparently, so she follows him to... kill him? with a gun? the same gun that couldn't kill the water monster that was killed by this very monster that she is trying to kill? and also the very one who saved her ass for the second time just a minute ago? and she's trying to kill him right after that? Who the fuck wrote the scrip of this anime? I doubt it's someone competent because that "If we save enough humans, we will be able to become human" line was pretty cringe and makes no sense, thankfully the red-haired girl changed it to "if we don't believe in humans, we'll never become humans" near the end of the episode which is still cringey, but also makes no sense wait a minute-

My thoughts exactly, doesn't make sense at all, pretty boring and I was cringing the whole time. But I'll still give it a try and do the 3 episode rule.

His thoughts are what toddlers would produce. But even then, they would not dare blurt them out, because they can not even talk yet - the grand design aimed at preserving the intelligence of those around them, should they somehow receive access to the thoughts of yet undeveloped people. I will only address one piece from this nonsense -
A normal police officer sees a monster, tries to fight it because monsters should not exist - she fails. Because she is a police officer with a great sense of justice she chases another monster, who looks like a Christian demon, and what is she supposed to do? Suddenly thank it and disregard her whole upbringing and cultural values before? No, she does the most logical thing - she attempts to destroy the monster. It has a body, it looks like a human, she has no way to know whether bullets will damage it or not. Even if she did, her duty is to protect citizens from dangerous things like that. HIS WHOLE POINT IS A MAJOR PILE OF SOMETHING NORMAL PEOPLE QUIETLY FLUSH AWAY.
Daniel_NaumovJul 15, 2019 11:58 AM
Re:formed
Jul 15, 2019 12:06 PM

Dec 2015
Pretty nice and interesting premise, even tho this 1st episode was decent at best (especially compared to other shows I watching)

I love the type and method of this episode monster killing people; by drowning them with his body (even tho it hilariously fast) but I found that this monster voice and personality annoying.

Really love the music and atmosphere, while the animations were pretty good.

Would absolutely follow this further.
Jul 15, 2019 12:07 PM

Dec 2015
Rickydory123 said:

Now that you mention it.....yeah agreed lol
Jul 15, 2019 12:55 PM

May 2017
Hmmm not sure what I expected but it didnt hype me idk the intro/presentation was kinda meh unlike dororos first episode.

Not a big fan of the female cop but im digging the soundtrack and Ed song is lovely, might aswell watch more of it
Zip_ZipJul 15, 2019 1:01 PM
Jul 15, 2019 1:40 PM

Nov 2011
ahneeme said:
SoraSenpai said:
A lot of Hate on Summers for no reason.

dude there's like 12 comments above yours giving reasons why they don't like her and you write a comment like this?

The reasons aren't good enough in my eyes.
Daniel_Naumov said:
ahneeme said:

Do they have, like, A SINGLE SOLID reason, or is it just some childish nonsense?
Piromysl said:

Eh,... Okay, have you seen the poster for this series? Good thing they don't accept people like that into police. A lot of suspects would be wronged.
Adatha5 said:

My thoughts exactly, doesn't make sense at all, pretty boring and I was cringing the whole time. But I'll still give it a try and do the 3 episode rule.

His thoughts are what toddlers would produce. But even then, they would not dare blurt them out, because they can not even talk yet - the grand design aimed at preserving the intelligence of those around them, should they somehow receive access to the thoughts of yet undeveloped people. I will only address one piece from this nonsense -
A normal police officer sees a monster, tries to fight it because monsters should not exist - she fails. Because she is a police officer with a great sense of justice she chases another monster, who looks like a Christian demon, and what is she supposed to do? Suddenly thank it and disregard her whole upbringing and cultural values before? No, she does the most logical thing - she attempts to destroy the monster. It has a body, it looks like a human, she has no way to know whether bullets will damage it or not. Even if she did, her duty is to protect citizens from dangerous things like that. HIS WHOLE POINT IS A MAJOR PILE OF SOMETHING NORMAL PEOPLE QUIETLY FLUSH AWAY.

*clap Clap* thank you for the backing. She's in a world where monsters should not exist. It's one thing if the knowledge of monsters are there, but these things should not exist. Summers did the right thing. AND she even slapped that dirty money away from that scumbag cop because she still intends to do the right things in the outside of town. Again like I said before a lot of hate for no reason.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 15, 2019 2:08 PM

Aug 2017
This first episode was decent and quite enjoyable. I am not a big fan of the CGI, but the ost is amazing. Looking forward to the next episode!
Jul 15, 2019 2:08 PM
Apr 2016
SoraSenpai said:
ahneeme said:

Daniel_Naumov said:

*clap Clap* thank you for the backing. She's in a world where monsters should not exist. It's one thing if the knowledge of monsters are there, but these things should not exist. Summers did the right thing. AND she even slapped that dirty money away from that scumbag cop because she still intends to do the right things in the outside of town. Again like I said before a lot of hate for no reason.

Don't get me wrong this series is the epitome of "generic", but the reasoning some users employ in this thread are just humiliating, as I share the same species pool with them.
Jul 15, 2019 2:40 PM
Aug 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
ahneeme said:

Piromysl said:

Adatha5 said:

>"His thoughts are what toddlers would produce. But even then, they would not dare blurt them out, because they can not even talk yet - the grand design aimed at preserving the intelligence of those around them, should they somehow receive access to the thoughts of yet undeveloped people."

If you wanted to insult me this bad over fictional shit then why didn't you quote me directly? maybe you are a pathetic pussy who gets bullied everyday IRL but this is just the internet so you don't have to be this wary.

>"I will only address one piece from this nonsense-"

Nice way of saying that you have no argument

>"A normal police officer sees a monster, tries to fight it because monsters should not exist"

Yeah, right. It's not like that monster was murdering innocent people left and right, she just want to fight it because monsters should not exist, that's it. You are doing a great job in making her sounds less dumb buddy.

>"she fails"

She fails alright.

>"Because she is a police officer with a great sense of justice she chases another monster"

The other monster who kills the monster she failed at killing, saving her life in the process, for the second time no less. So why the hell would she go after him?

>"who looks like a Christian demon"

Oh never mind, maybe that monster saved her life twice, but who cares because HE LOOKS LIKE A CHRISTIAN DEMON!!! SO HE MUST BE KILLED!!! You are really helping her case there bro, keep it up.

>"and what is she supposed to do? Suddenly thank it and disregard her whole upbringing and cultural values before?"

her "cultural values" is that all monsters are bad even if they showed no aggression or saved her life? sounds more like she is brainwashed to me.

>"she does the most logical thing - she attempts to destroy the monster. It has a body, it looks like a human, she has no way to know whether bullets will damage it or not."

Dude, whether the bullets would damage it or not is irrelevant, he have the ability to kill her before she even pulls the trigger, he had no problem dodging the water monster's tentacles that he used to kill the cops in the blink of an eye, while she couldn't even move.

>"Even if she did, her duty is to protect citizens from dangerous things like that"

Are you telling me that not only she still thinks that that monster is dangerous even after he saved her twice (and committed no crime whatsoever), but she also tries to kill him while she knows that she can't? are you tying to convince me that this character is brain dead? holy shit who could've thought.

>"HIS WHOLE POINT IS A MAJOR PILE OF SOMETHING NORMAL PEOPLE QUIETLY FLUSH AWAY"

Dude, you seem really frustrated, you are defending this fictional character as if you were the one being attacked here, which makes me suspect that you might be similar to her IRL.
ClickBaitBusterJul 15, 2019 8:24 PM
Jul 15, 2019 3:06 PM
Jul 2018
Ahhhh, I liked that a lot I did. The opening has a very gangster look to it that pairs good with Bems look. I had no idea this was a franchise from the 60's! The best feature of this series is the audio. I am not throwing the visuals to the dogs at all, but the music choices and voice actors set that episodes tone. You could almost watch it without any video and have a captivating radio show. Tuning in next week for sure!
Jul 15, 2019 3:27 PM
Oct 2011
Me either, I had no idea this was something that existed before.
The setting and atmosphere have a lot of potential along with the music, I like the style.

Gythia said:
I really like the OST and the OP, but the story itself is pretty cliche so far. I don't mind Summers, but I want to see more of Belo, Bela and Bem.

Yeah I didn't mind her either. She also may have a ton of growth ahead of her in the show. For example, something like Akane's starting point in Psycho-Pass since someone mentioned that show. She made some choices people complained about in the first ep of that show and was clearly made to be intentionally naive at first about the job yet I think she had some great growth during the show. Though I doubt she will be quite as much of a central main character since we've already got those three primary characters that already are going to need a lot of the attention too. I think this might be more of an ensemble show?

I feel like we'll start getting more time with those three next. Really like Bela's design. Actually all three of them looked really cool in that shot on the roof at the end of the ep.

This was a pretty normal introduction episode but I liked a lot of the individual elements. Looking forward to more.

SoraSenpai said:

That part where she slapped that dirty money away from that scumbag cop won her good points with me too. Really liked the shot with her eyes hidden before she did it.

Rickydory123 said:

You know you're right her design does remind me of her. :)

Kougeru said:
Kinda neat that Range Murata has 2 anime this season after disappearing for so long

Yeah I love it. I missed his designs so much. Some of these seem a bit more tweaked by the person doing the adaptation of his designs than was done with Cop Craft's designs but I still really like them.
DangerMouseDMJul 15, 2019 11:16 PM
Jul 15, 2019 3:40 PM
Apr 2016
DangerMouseDM said:
Me either, I had no idea this was something that existed before.
The setting and atmosphere have a lot of potential along with the music, I like the style.

Gythia said:

Yeah I didn't mind her either. She also may have a ton of growth ahead of her in the show.

I am afraid her character was designed without any potential for character growth. Usually, characters start apathetic to someday evolve into her. This time around a final stage of evolution is thrown at us under no grander pretense - she just is as she is. The best thing that could happen to her is corruption of character, wherein she abandons absolute moral superiority and becomes tainted by the city. But seeing how generic everything else is... she will be there merely to provide moral guidence to the three good demons. The most interesting part of the series will be the demons character evolution. I am myself interested in how each of the will react to the fact that they are not becoming any more human. When that blissful belief falls apart, will all of them retain their disposition? Clearly.

Please stop this madness. You are protecting some sort of pro-demon fantasy, pretending everyone else should unconditionally follow that logic even though it would mean defying the common logic of the world (series) they are in. You can not embarass yourself any longer, you just embarass the concept of... of defending something itself. I can not and will not take seriously any of your attempts to communicate, rife with familiarity and some sort of subconscious demon craving. DELIVER ME OH
Daniel_NaumovJul 15, 2019 3:47 PM
Jul 15, 2019 3:46 PM
Feb 2012
SoraSenpai said:
ahneeme said:

"for no reason" like you keep saying is not the same as stupid reasons or at least call them childish or nonsense reasons, because that phrasing of no reason is still wrong and you know it
Jul 15, 2019 4:06 PM
Aug 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:

Please stop this madness. You are protecting some sort of pro-demon fantasy, pretending everyone else should unconditionally follow that logic even though it would mean defying the common logic of the world (series) they are in. You can not embarass yourself any longer, you just embarass the concept of... of defending something itself. I can not and will not take seriously any of your attempts to communicate, rife with familiarity and some sort of subconscious demon craving. DELIVER ME OH
What madness dude? this thread is made for discussion, which is what we are doing right now, right? and I couldn't care less if this anime was about monster/demons or whatever, my problem with it is the shitty writing, and it seems that you want me to forgive shitty written characters because.. their common logic is also shitty written? Nah.. I don't think so.
ClickBaitBusterJul 15, 2019 8:30 PM
Jul 15, 2019 7:27 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I mean... have y'all tried asking about becoming human? Homeboy just kinda stood there while she was pointing the gun. A little, "We come in peace" might have done a little something or at least had her thinking about it. Yo' ass just stood there. It's not even about her not trusting you. Just because you kill something to someone else's benefit doesn't mean you won't kill her too. Demons, man. I swear. This is like some human 101 stuff they haven't gotten down yet. :UU

Anyway, I haven't fully watched any of the previous versions of this franchise, so I can't compare. From what I HAVE seen though, it seems this anime's approach is a lot different when it comes to the tone. An interesting decision. I mean, no doubt, the original is pretty dark and gruesome at times, but overall it still has that, "Yay, fun times with youkai protecting humans" thing going. Heck, Belo even kinda seems to be mostly accept by children, just not really adults. For this one it's kinda more like "dang, dark times with youkai protecting humans".
I think they redesigned the characters for a more modern audience really well though. I can't help but be impressed by that.

Anyway, I did get a little annoyed with Summers. I understand her, but I think they kinda went out of their way to make her a little TOO focused on justice. It kinda makes her character seem just a little flat. Cause really, all we've got on her so far is that she'll go to dumb lengths to fight for justice and that she doesn't really take that demon stuff too well. Actually, they made her come off as not very level-headed, which seems pretty important. The thing is, I'm not sure if that was intentional or not yet. We'll see!

I'm interested in how they'll make the idea of "becoming human" progress, because that's not a goal they'll be able to achieve. Sure, maybe they'll gain acceptance, but even then I feel like humans will just use them in the end.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 15, 2019 7:33 PM
Oct 2011
^
Yup

Daniel_Naumov said:
I am afraid her character was designed without any potential for character growth. Usually, characters start apathetic to someday evolve into her. This time around a final stage of evolution is thrown at us under no grander pretense - she just is as she is. The best thing that could happen to her is corruption of character, wherein she abandons absolute moral superiority and becomes tainted by the city. But seeing how generic everything else is... she will be there merely to provide moral guidence to the three good demons. The most interesting part of the series will be the demons character evolution. I am myself interested in how each of the will react to the fact that they are not becoming any more human. When that blissful belief falls apart, will all of them retain their disposition? Clearly.

Unless this is something from the old show I'm not sure how one could already conclude for sure that this is definitely her endpoint from just the first episode.

Daniel_Naumov said:
Usually, characters start apathetic to someday evolve into her.

Actually I'd say it's the opposite with young detectives in this genre. Starting apathetic is not nearly as common a starting point for them in detective style shows like this as it is for other characters in other genres.

I assume the leads are the main three demons, and not her, so it's not exactly a full on detective show, but this first ep still gave off a strong supernatural mystery/detective/crime show kind of feel to it. In these kinds of shows it's far more usual for the gruff old partners to be the ones to begin as the more apathetic types rather than the younger partner that is more or less just starting out.

That said, maybe this is how she stays, I have no idea how much screentime she's even going to get.

Either way, even though this is my first experience with the franchise, I too expect that, as the leads, the main three will be the ones getting the bulk development in the show.
DangerMouseDMJul 15, 2019 7:48 PM
Jul 15, 2019 8:22 PM

Aug 2007
I don't have anything riveting to say about this show whatsoever. It is a hard pass. Why would I want to watch a show where none of the characters have a working personality and they're all depressed about being monsters (only part-time in appearance, I might add) and would rather be human? And don't even get me started on the setting. Yes, sending a woman rookie cop to the slums is a totally realistic decision coming from a police division. Also someone should tell them their homework copying skills are subpar too. I caught that Touka/Tokyo Ghoul OP pose with the winged imagery in the ED right away.
Jul 15, 2019 8:25 PM

Oct 2015
Supernatural meets police mystery, I hope not? Hate the girl scout cop though, kinda reminds me of Ethan Hawke's character in Training day- hated the bastard.

It was fine though and would probably end as just another anime at the end of the season!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 15, 2019 9:15 PM

Apr 2009
I’m really hoping Summers is being shown as purposely naive for now but will quickly become changed by the town. I really hope so lol Because she is very bad at her job. But other than that I was enjoying this show. So I’ll probably watch one more and judge..
Jul 15, 2019 10:45 PM

Jun 2019
I don't know but this reminds me of Hellsing and Blood+
Jul 16, 2019 2:17 AM

Nov 2012
YIKES THAT ANIMATION QUALITY

I admire how hard the effects and style are trying to disguise some awful animation, but it's not working. The story is nothing to write home about either. I'm a little confused as to why this keeps getting new, mediocre adaptations in the first place.
Jul 16, 2019 3:48 AM

Jul 2012
Very disappointed, I have no idea why the main characters like Sonia exists in the "Horror" shows.

I will give it one more episode.
Digimon is the best Isekai
Jul 16, 2019 4:10 AM

Jun 2012
I was very looking forward to seeing this anime just for nostalgia's sake and sure it delivers for me at least.
Jul 16, 2019 7:03 AM

Apr 2018
Very jazzy ost's going around here. Well this looks interesting
Jul 16, 2019 1:38 PM

Oct 2017
Meh,it's not for me.
dropped
Jul 16, 2019 3:19 PM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
I loved the Hip hop influenced OP and during the show. I liked the atmosphere of the "The Outside" the use of colors helped make the episode feel gritty and really let you know this town is a shithole. When combat first started between the youkai it felt like something you would see on Toonami but then the way officers died really helped bring me back into that atmosphere I liked about it. It's weird that they want to be human so bad.
Jul 16, 2019 5:27 PM

Jul 2016
oikawo said:
quite boring as of now... won’t throw it away just yet though.

I am stiking around due to the OST only right now... Will give it another episode
Jul 16, 2019 6:47 PM

Sep 2017
Nothing special. Really great soundtrack. Some questionable writing decisions.
Jul 16, 2019 11:08 PM

Jul 2017
Huh, I actually liked Summers, her being overaltruistic makes sense to me.
Jul 17, 2019 2:24 AM
Apr 2013
my worry is that they're going to try to split the focus between Sonia's moral struggles, the quest to become human, and the ominous council of vagueness. There's also the fact that there's absolutely zero motivation given for why the trio want to become human in the first place. It's like the original author didn't think they needed one because obviously being human is "better" somehow, and that just carried through.

The real issue with Sonia, as far as I can see, is that she doesn't really have a narrative role to fill beyond "PoV character", and thus ends up feeling superfluous. She's not a morality chain, much though she's presented as one, I'll be very surprised if she ends us sacrificing her humanity for any reason, much though it would give the "become human" plot a lot more weight, and the only reason she has to interact with the plot at all is that she's the by-the-book cop who refuses to look the other way, and so ends up caught up in the crossfire

In the end though, this show is just...bland. There's simply not enough to distinguish it
Jul 17, 2019 6:32 AM
May 2019
The Town is like DCEU

Upper is Metropolis and Outside is like Gotham

its a decent anime, Cop Craft is similiar but i like Cop Craft more than BEM

But that dismembered scene isnt censored!!!

7/10 for episode 1
NayRAWJul 17, 2019 6:40 AM
Jul 18, 2019 5:12 AM

Jun 2013
I have no idea what just happened
Jul 18, 2019 9:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I’m really shocked to see this getting so much hate already.

I was pretty pleased with the episode, personally.

Cool hip-hop soundtracks and the setting seems pretty cool! Some of the unique styles such as the next episode preview and the visuals of the ED were awesome too! Some questionable writing to a certain extent, I suppose, but nothing too much of a biggie. I’m fine with the main character too and those ‘good’ non-humans seem like a lively bunch with different ideologies. Lots of Questions, such as the Prof. and the uncertainty over whether they were humans previously and whatnot, looking forward to seeing these answered in due time.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 18, 2019 12:12 PM
Mar 2018
The start was good. Hope the goodness escalates in the later episodes
Jul 19, 2019 1:11 PM

Jul 2015
That was ummm... something... Summers was pretty whatever, can't say I'm a fan of her, but I don't dislike her...

Water monster was reeeeaaaallly annoying and I stopped reading his lines.

Setting and story so far seems okay but I'm not feeling it much, especially with Cop Craft airing in the same season.

Music was pretty good and I like the opening theme, and I loved watching that really awkward dancing from those dudes in the beginning.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 19, 2019 1:29 PM

Jan 2019
Guys this is a remake of a 60's show exacly how @transphinx said and that's before generic anime....what kind of thinking its that? lmao
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Jul 19, 2019 3:52 PM

Feb 2017
Really lame episode, they took great characters (Bem/Bela/Belo) who were always expressive, unique, and interesting in the shows they were in, and made them lifeless, and distant. None of the trio have any chemistry with the others from what I saw in the episode. Hope they act like a family in later episodes, standing on a bridge and saying angsty lines in a monotone voice is not doing it for me.

Belo hating humans the most out of the bunch is definitely the most odd choice of the show given he was always the most friendly of the bunch and always trying to make friends.

New female protag is just bland and dumb. Nothing else to say that's already been said. Feels like they solely added her because they removed any relatable element from the main trio.

Animation and art style in general is just not good. Transformation is ugly, but reminded me of how much I love An American Werewolf in London so that's something, I guess.

I'd give this a pass in preference of watching the 1968 or 2006 version any day, but then again this is something completely different and that'd require the 2006 series to be readily available and 1968 version to be translated.
Jul 20, 2019 2:11 PM
Mar 2018
My predominant thought after watching the first episode is 'What's soo great about being human?'. Anyway, I liked the first episode but I somewhat disliked the heroine. She is a hypocrite. Can't wait for episode 2 though.
Jul 21, 2019 9:52 AM
Jul 2019
Isn't this anime a reboot? And if it is then I was kind of expecting the kid to be the mc but doesn't look like that's the case . The show is titled "Bem" and the first episode was completely focused on Bem.
Jul 21, 2019 4:38 PM

May 2015
Bem was my second most anticipated anime, I loved the originals but messing with their personalities like this makes it unwatchable for me. Who's this new girl and wheres the ugly old looking hag that I love so much? and why is Bero (the optimistic naive glue that holds the group together) now a pessimistic emo kid?
AnonMoonJul 28, 2019 12:42 PM
Jul 22, 2019 4:33 PM

Feb 2019
I love the first BGM and the OP's style

The sceneries are great but everything is just--mediocore. There's some awkward movement in the character's animation, and that's the one thing i hate the most of this anime.

So there's something like district classifications in this universe--the "Upper"- which i guess its a district with a good social stucture and low crime rate. The other one, "Outsider" is the total oppsite of the above, plus a bad law enforcer

Good premise, but average-to-bad execution. But its only the first episode so i cant judge too much
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bem Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

31 by iSoye »»
Oct 13, 2023 12:30 AM

» Why such the low score?

DanLikesAnimu - Aug 31, 2019

20 by Yonaga »»
May 15, 2023 7:12 AM

Poll: » Bem Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2019

14 by Stardew »»
Apr 10, 2022 7:20 PM

Poll: » Bem Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2019

13 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 2022 8:02 PM

Poll: » Bem Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2019

19 by Vindicater »»
Apr 7, 2022 6:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.