Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2019 6:35 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Luffy beat the man who can look into the future, no surprise attacks against him anymorealmost

Wano continues to go strong and I'm still impressed by all the quality poured into this arc. Tama's voice came as a surprise, tho. But she has an interesting dialect and imo very fitting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 13, 2019 7:29 PM

Jul 2012
Another stellar episode for Wano, happy to see the quality consistency still in there in all of its glory. Action packed episode, gotta love how they are expanding things in a more natural way than the manga (and not just for the sake of padding, such as all of the arcs since the timeskip). It does help that Wano in the manga is really overpacked and fast paced as a whole, thus giving oportunity to the adaptation to slow down a bit and explore the chapter adapted better.

5/5
Jul 13, 2019 7:50 PM

Nov 2012
Tama is so cute.

I hope they expand on the Ace backstory with Tama as in the manga it was only a few pages. Filler has been decent so far.

Manga readers?

SuperRedJul 13, 2019 7:54 PM
Jul 13, 2019 8:21 PM

Jun 2013
FMmatron said:
[b]
Wano continues to go strong and I'm still impressed by all the quality poured into this arc. Tama's voice came as a surprise, tho. But she has an interesting dialect and imo very fitting.

Why the surprise?

I really like the aesthetic style of this arc, hopefully the quality won't drop.

I'm counting down to having it coming closer to the manga, although I really do have to wonder if they'll run into pacing issues
Jul 13, 2019 8:27 PM

Feb 2018
That Zoro's scene is really great. Also the eye line when Luffy used his advance Kenbushoku Haki is really great, you can see Nagamine's influence in there since he also did it on Strong World movie.

Also it seems like next episode they will strecth episode with expand Ace's backstory with Otama. It will be good filler since the manga didn't explain it so much.
Jul 13, 2019 8:28 PM

Jul 2007
This was absolutely amazing, everything from the increase in art quality, the visuals and even the fluidity of the animation. Each scene just had alot more oomph to it, even the characters expressions were intimidating and felt more strongly. The transitional moments between scenes was great. I think the studio is really going all out for this arc. Each episode almost feels like one of those climatic moments of LUffy Vs doflimingo, or luffy and Katakuri and these episodes are just ordinary moments in this arc. I can't imagine when they actually show the more note worthy scenes in this arc.

Preview spoiler

Jul 13, 2019 8:32 PM

Feb 2010
Pacing still an issue, I was hoping for a little more.
Jul 13, 2019 8:41 PM

May 2017
Otama is cute as fk.. her ability is also cool, to be able to tame any beast and befriend them is kinda like Pokemon isn't it? Never really watched Pokemon so I can't say for sure.

A cool episode I guess but it felt hella short and its almost like nothing really happened.
Jul 13, 2019 8:50 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Zoro is now a wanted man in Wano and 3 of the Straw Hats are worried about Zoro causing trouble. Even Usopp had to make up a fake story to conceal his connections with Zoro, lol.

Megumi Han is the VA for Tama's voice, isn't she? I think her voice is very fitting for Tama. Well, she's going to have one long role in the One Piece anime.

Tama is too cute... >w>
Jul 13, 2019 9:13 PM

Oct 2015
Hey, Usopp's lies can make a grown man cry:-D :-D :-D.

Luffy is already a big brother to cute Tama. Man I'm loving this arc right now!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 13, 2019 9:32 PM

Jul 2012
Raviolli Raviolli
Protecc the dango loli
Jul 13, 2019 9:38 PM
Jan 2019
Hahaha, Franky, Robin and Ussop worried about the mess that Zoro has made ... and he is very quiet taking his sake 😂. I do not believe it, seriously killed the magistrate. LOL.

Otama has a skill that adds to the weirdest devil fruits of One Piece xD. Regarding the Kozuki Clan, I need to know more.

"The legend of Ace in the land of Wano"? I think Oda wants to shed some tears in the next episode :(.

Ps: So far I can not believe that Basil Hawkins and X-Drake have joined Kaido: v.
Jul 13, 2019 9:43 PM

Nov 2016
Wano saved the One Piece Anime.

For real though. The Quality of the Show has gone up significantly since the Wano Arc started.I kind of expected it to be better but not this much.

I remember When I read this part on the Manga. I had just about to catch up with it. Otama felt like she was gonna be the next straw hat back then and I still feel that right now. Also does Anyone know who does Otama's voice in the Anime? I'm a bit curious.

Next Episode will be a tear jerker for some. This is one of those few times I hope for the Anime to expand on something from the Manga. Most of the reasons I think Otama might become a part of the Strawhat Crew Will be shown next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2019 9:45 PM

Nov 2016
WolfDBreidi said:
Hahaha, Franky, Robin and Ussop worried about the mess that Zoro has made ... and he is very quiet taking his sake 😂. I do not believe it, seriously killed the magistrate. LOL.

Otama has a skill that adds to the weirdest devil fruits of One Piece xD. Regarding the Kozuki Clan, I need to know more.

"The legend of Ace in the land of Wano"? I think Oda wants to shed some tears in the next episode :(.

Ps: So far I can not believe that Basil Hawkins and X-Drake have joined Kaido: v.

Gonna spoil it for you a bit. If you liked Ace You are gonna cry next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2019 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
I wish they'd make it faster-paced, but still really good episode
Jul 13, 2019 10:59 PM

Oct 2017
A loli appears, a cute one at that and it seems she has a useful ability.Also looks like Zoro became more bad ass during the time he was absent.
Jul 13, 2019 11:13 PM

Apr 2015
Loved this episode too! I love all the effort they're putting in this arc. I actually keep wanting more each episode.
Jul 13, 2019 11:19 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Afloo said:
Also does Anyone know who does Otama's voice in the Anime? I'm a bit curious.

I posted it in my post above, and I confirmed it. It's really Megumi Han. Same voice as Akko from Little Witch Academia and Gon from HxH 2011. :)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-07-12/megumi-han-mariya-ise-join-one-piece-anime-cast/.148948

And Okiku will be voiced by Mariya Ise. Huh? Gon & Killua are now in One Piece. ;D
Jul 14, 2019 12:01 AM
Oct 2014
gadboyz said:
That Zoro's scene is really great. Also the eye line when Luffy used his advance Kenbushoku Haki is really great, you can see Nagamine's influence in there since he also did it on Strong World movie.

Also it seems like next episode they will strecth episode with expand Ace's backstory with Otama. It will be good filler since the manga didn't explain it so much.
the shining light coming from his eye and sound effect was definitely too much lol
Jul 14, 2019 12:06 AM

Feb 2018
FreshIngredient said:
Gythia said:

They can't. Because if they make it faster, anime will catch up with manga so they won't havr enough material for anime. Even the manga is still on Wano Kuni arc.
Jul 14, 2019 12:08 AM

Sep 2014
Pretty enjoyable. The episode went by fast. Tama is pretty adorable. Next week, it's time to see Ace's time in Wano.
Jul 14, 2019 12:14 AM
Oct 2015
I really enjoying that toei is actually expanding on scene ...giving it more feel as compared to manga which was really fast ...great art and animation ...Tama being cute as ever ...next week we actually get ace flashback which was not shown in manga ...btw 895 and 896 are fillers for stampede movie
Jul 14, 2019 12:19 AM
Jul 2018
gadboyz said:
FreshIngredient said:
Gythia said:

They can't. Because if they make it faster, anime will catch up with manga so they won't havr enough material for anime. Even the manga is still on Wano Kuni arc.

I know, I'm caught up with the manga.

By faster pace I mean speeding the dialogue and flashbacks a little bit, because it seems like there's always an awkward pause after every line. And no, this won't hurt the pacing, or bring up the argument that the anime is going to catch up to the manga, because right now they're adapting 2/3rd of a chapter for every episode (since they're adding stuff Oda off-screened). So by making things go a little faster they can at least adapt 1 chapter per episode.
Jul 14, 2019 12:55 AM

Dec 2014
well nice to see how it all goes...but it will take sometime
Jul 14, 2019 1:21 AM

Jul 2015
Zoro's scene really gave me the chills
Got a good laugh out of the Usopp lying to the officer scene
Luffy has gained an imouto, never thought that would happen

Jul 14, 2019 2:01 AM

Jun 2016
otama is so adorable and her devil fruit ability is cute too
but omg I can't wait to see ace again!!
Jul 14, 2019 2:29 AM

Oct 2015
Anyone else noticed that the opening is actually changing every single episode? Well, this is the second episode only, but after the scene where Kaido smashes Luffy into the ground, we get random scenes from the current episode (they're decorated with stones on the sides). I noticed it because I rewatched the opening many many times the last week, because I loved it, and I was surprised to see that this week the opening is different at that part.

My favourite part was Usopp showing off how good he became at lying. It's funny.
The animation and everything is still awesome. I'm hyped for next episode. I barely remember anything from the manga about Ace in this arc. I hope it will have more details here.
Jul 14, 2019 4:29 AM

Nov 2016
@NomThead

No reason in particular, but as most poeple I always have a voice in mind while reading the manga. For Tama I was expecting something different in the vein of Uraraka from Boku no Hero, but Megumi Han is doing pretty great here.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 14, 2019 4:49 AM

May 2018
Hope the quality remain the same. So far I'm liking it.
Jul 14, 2019 4:52 AM

Jun 2012
Good episode but not as good as last week's. Pacing a bit slow and Luffy was poorly drawn some times.

Got the feeling that next episode they will show Ace past story there way more than in the manga.
Jul 14, 2019 5:21 AM
Jun 2019
Uma coisa que tô realmente amando em Wano são as cenas de complemento do anime, que te causam um sentimento de real adaptação de uma obra do mangá para o anime. As trilhas sonoras bem colocadas em momentos de tensão simples já te causam aquela sensação forte que a história quer te passar. Estão fazendo um ótimo trabalho com este arco em one piece, eu espero de coração que esse carinho se mantenha até o final da obra. One Piece super merece essa qualidade, esse carinho e esse trabalho maravilhoso que estão fazendo.
Jul 14, 2019 5:56 AM

Apr 2013
Toei really upped the quality in those Zoro scenes, in others their well-known "quality" still shines through a bit though. But overall this is one of the best starts of any recent One Piece arc.
Jul 14, 2019 6:40 AM

Nov 2016
Gator said:
Toei really upped the quality in those Zoro scenes, in others their well-known "quality" still shines through a bit though. But overall this is one of the best starts of any recent One Piece arc.
I've heard that the New Character designer for the Wano arc is a HUGE Zoro Fangirl so she might've had something to do about it.
Jul 14, 2019 6:54 AM
Apr 2016
Instead of watching the new episode immediately after it came out, which is at 5am in my time, I decided to watch it the next day, so I could buy some snacks. It was worth it, this episode was awesome!

So, now Zoro is wanted, sooner or later Luffy and the others would've started chaos, so I guess it's okay. Zoro, Robin, Franky, and Usopp don't know yet that the others arrived, thus they're a little panicky over Zoro being "wanted." The new Tama girl seems to be important, she's an interesting character, too. One of the worst generation members seems to be on the island, but oh well, they did spoil that part in the opening... Luffy beating them and taming both beasts was awesome, it felt rather refreshing honestly, haha. Really good episode, can't can't can't wait for a new one...
Jul 14, 2019 8:05 AM

Jul 2014
Meh episode, only thing interesting was seeing that one of the rookies betrayed kid and joined Kaido (pretty obvious from the den den mushi that the eyes were the same as scarecrow's, his hair was also blonde).

The quality in a lot of scenes also went somewhat down compared to the previous episode, other than with Zoro and some luffy only shots, still it's not as bad as big mom's garbage arc yet so there's that.
Jul 14, 2019 8:42 AM

Feb 2013
Zoro's attack was awesome, nobody can complain about the animation now.
Jul 14, 2019 9:07 AM

Aug 2015
Think about this: If Tama´s ability can tame beasts, what kind of potential she have to command the entirety of the beasts of Kaido?

By the way, visuals still looking nice, Zoro killing people, and the voice of Tama really fits her. I liked the episode.
Jul 14, 2019 9:07 AM
Aug 2018
I hate Otama voice already it's so annoying
Jul 14, 2019 9:47 AM

Feb 2015
Zoro became an assassin. Luffy remembered that Sanji jumped with everyone else, but an octopus withheld him, the lion and the monkey were still fighting. Two scouts captured a little girl for not respecting the actual Shogun, they were running to the beach when they encountered with Luffy and tried to attack him, Luffy quickly defeated them and freed the girl named Tama, friend of the lion-dog, she tamed the monkey and became Luffy’s friend.

The story continued as Zoro became an outlaw wanted for justice. Luffy saved a girl named Tama, looks like she’s gonna be important.
Jul 14, 2019 11:58 AM
May 2013

it was the first time I felt, watching anime episodes feels like watching a movie.

the action scene is very detailed, unlike this season anime like dr stone, the animation action scene its like slide show
Jul 14, 2019 12:55 PM

Jul 2008
No more surprise attacks on Luffy.

There's so much color and life in this show right now it's awesome.
Jul 14, 2019 2:27 PM

Dec 2012
The action was good, but the pacing issues can still be felt, unfortunately...
Jul 14, 2019 3:06 PM
Jul 2017
Did luffy looks into future when he dodge the gun shot?

It shows a red line in his eyes like katakuri does or was just a animation thing
Jul 14, 2019 5:31 PM

Oct 2016
Felt like nothing interesting happened in this episode except for the introduction of that little girl with purple hair
Jul 14, 2019 5:48 PM

May 2014
One should not simply mess with Luffy. Finally Otama appears in the anime too. Seems like the card rookie have teamed up with Kaido for now (probably gonna backstab him somehow). I suppose Kid is the only one who haven't teamed up with him. Alright ep. Funny to see that Zoro didn't care a bit for being wanted. Haahah, so typical him. His tatsumaki attack is more furious than ever. It wiped the whole place, not bad at all.

Next time Ace gonna come with a comeback. Ahh, that's gonna be exciting and sad at the same time. Ahhh, Ace! 😭😭😭
Jul 14, 2019 6:09 PM

May 2014
Albi-kun said:
The action was good, but the pacing issues can still be felt, unfortunately...

At least the pacing is better than in Whole Cake Island. The fight against Biscuit, you could clearly see recycling of many scenes. ^^
Jul 14, 2019 6:13 PM

May 2014
Darklycan51 said:
Meh episode, only thing interesting was seeing that one of the rookies betrayed kid and joined Kaido (pretty obvious from the den den mushi that the eyes were the same as scarecrow's, his hair was also blonde).

The quality in a lot of scenes also went somewhat down compared to the previous episode, other than with Zoro and some luffy only shots, still it's not as bad as big mom's garbage arc yet so there's that.

I am glad I weren't the only one who notice a bit lower quality in animation than the previous ep. But that's to be expected.
Jul 14, 2019 6:27 PM

Jul 2013
With this arc I realized how much I missed seeing Zoro fight. That scene where he created the giant twister looked awesome. Also the scene at the beach with Luffy, everything looks so much better as in the Whole Cake Island arc.

Luffy got so much stronger. How he reacted to the guy who wanted to shoot him is on such another level.
Haoshoku Haki as expected got also used to tame the ape. Otama also has an interesting ability. Was that a little mochi she created of her cheek?

Looking forward to the next episode. I love to see something more about Ace. Should get interesting, especially for Luffy.

Jul 14, 2019 6:49 PM

Jun 2015
Dayum, It seems like I'm not watching one piece, the difference in quality is unreal.
Jul 14, 2019 8:09 PM

Jul 2016
FreshIngredient said:

If the Art stays like this I don't care. slow build is fine as long as the end (whenever that comes) is action packed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 843 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

16 by FedeMetal »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 842 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

20 by FedeMetal »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:28 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 401 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 16, 2009

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:10 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 400 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Miked - May 9, 2009

135 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.