Forum Settings
Forums

Examples of OP/ED that you do not skip because of the "visuals"

New
Jul 13, 2019 3:16 PM

Jul 2019
I believe that OPs/EDs kind of help establish a certain mood before/after watching an anime episode by two factors, the music/song and it's visuals. The visuals can help liking an OP/ED, but i usually care more about the music/song, what I mean is I think the music/song of the OP/ED will usually have a higher impact on me than it's visuals. Usually. When i decided to start watching Haikyuu's 3rd season, I was blown away by the visuals of it's OP. Even though the song was pretty good too, I believe the stronger point of the OP was it's visuals. Any of you guys found the visuals of an OP/ED to bring it's "impact' more than it's song/music?

https://youtu.be/oRAF2-Exzx4

Another good example i found was the last ED of the second season of 3-Gatsu no Lion, it's visuals are strong imo but tbh I like the song too.

https://youtu.be/6pddnFTBeyY
Jul 13, 2019 3:19 PM

Jul 2017
Kiznaiver and Terror in Resonance are ones where the songs aren't the best, but the visuals are pretty good
Jul 13, 2019 3:43 PM

Sep 2014
It's almost a meme between people who have seen it, but yeah, opening of Metal Armor Dragonar. It looks significantly better than any part of the actual show.

↑←↑
Jul 13, 2019 3:45 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
There is no better feast for your eyes in anime than these 90 seconds

Jul 13, 2019 7:12 PM

Apr 2015
Definitely Houseki no Kuni's opening and ending, both are absolutely amazing.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 13, 2019 7:18 PM

Apr 2017
Fate/Zero has breathtaking visuals when it comes to its OP and ED songs. Never skip on it!
Jul 13, 2019 7:26 PM

Dec 2017
Parasyte the maxim opening and ending was fire
Jul 13, 2019 7:47 PM

Jan 2018
Psycho Pass second OP is good song wise but its animation seethes A E S T H E T I C
What a beautiful Duwang
Jul 13, 2019 7:50 PM

Jul 2019
Jus1294 said:
Psycho Pass second OP is good song wise but its animation seethes A E S T H E T I C

hell ye, liked the first OP visuals too but the 2nd was really nice with those colors arrangement
Jul 13, 2019 7:52 PM

Sep 2018
All of the Attack on Titan openings, maybe except the last one, since it literally spoils everything has great openings when it comes to imagery.

For the ED's I didn't really care too much about except the ones for season 3, those were amazing in my opinion. So basically, everything that Linked Horizon has done for Attack on Titan is good.
"Literary experts revealed that reviews on sites like MyAnimeList kill more than 200 brain cells per second."

- Joey, "The Anime Man"
Jul 13, 2019 7:55 PM

Jul 2019
Champ2007 said:

just watched both of them, and tbh i don't see what is special about it visually, could you further explain to me your train of thoughts
Jul 13, 2019 7:57 PM

Jan 2018
BiDiGiN said:
Jus1294 said:

hell ye, liked the first OP visuals too but the 2nd was really nice with those colors arrangement

While on the subject of Ling Tosite Sigure or if it was just the singer, Tokyo Ghoul's OP looks really good too. Bout the only thing I'll positively say about that series lol.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jul 13, 2019 7:59 PM

Jan 2016
Sayonara Bystander from 3-gatsu no Lion. Yeah, the song's good, but the visuals......they're on another level. Starting at the halfway point out is fantastic.

I'm also inclined to say Kaguya-Sama's OP, although that's a bit less fair because it's a banger song, but honestly I love the James Bond visuals too much there. Oh, and the Chika ED is of course much better for the visuals than the song, at least in my opinion

Any of the Osomatsu-San OPs. They aren't bad songs, but they're much better for the surreal barrage they present you with

Konosuba's second OP. Again, song is good, even great, but I personally love the mini-story that plays out and how hilarious it can be in its own right.

Rakugo Season 2 by a mile. The song's not really my sort (although very atmospheric) but the visuals are just fantastic. Definitely the reason I watched the OP every time.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Jul 13, 2019 8:03 PM

Jun 2019
I always listened And watched Shiki's op 1 Kuchizuke was so Good song,I never could skip it When it appeared in anime And I really like Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai's ending,it was seem so relaxing And song was good.
Jul 13, 2019 8:05 PM

Aug 2018
Railgun S both 1st and 2nd OP/ED
Especially the 1st OP "Sister's Noise" the music really match the visuals *slow clap*
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jul 13, 2019 8:14 PM

Sep 2013
I've been watching anime so long I can't remember every one. But a few shows come to mind:

Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Kiznaiver
Inukami
Ghost in the Shell
Naruto
Naruto Shippuuden
Bleach
Fullmetal Panic!
Oh My Goddess!

some of these openings are honestly breathtaking. Especially anything Fullmetal Alchemist
Jul 13, 2019 8:18 PM

Jun 2019
Elfen Lied and Sora no Woto for the same reason - The tribute to Gustav Klimt's paintings in the artwork. Very unique and striking to incorporate this. From the same creative mind.

It also helps that both songs are beautiful.
Jul 13, 2019 8:26 PM

Jul 2019
MaskOfIce said:
Sayonara Bystander from 3-gatsu no Lion. Yeah, the song's good, but the visuals......they're on another level. Starting at the halfway point out is fantastic.

I'm also inclined to say Kaguya-Sama's OP, although that's a bit less fair because it's a banger song, but honestly I love the James Bond visuals too much there. Oh, and the Chika ED is of course much better for the visuals than the song, at least in my opinion

Any of the Osomatsu-San OPs. They aren't bad songs, but they're much better for the surreal barrage they present you with

Konosuba's second OP. Again, song is good, even great, but I personally love the mini-story that plays out and how hilarious it can be in its own right.

Rakugo Season 2 by a mile. The song's not really my sort (although very atmospheric) but the visuals are just fantastic. Definitely the reason I watched the OP every time.

rakugo season 2 OP was great visually yeah, personally i liked the music too, I love the part where the cast forms a circle around yakumo and sukeroku creeps up behind him, it feels heavily related about how yakumo thinks about ppl around him and ye rakugo is a pretty cool anime
Jul 13, 2019 8:28 PM

Dec 2017
BiDiGiN said:
Champ2007 said:

just watched both of them, and tbh i don't see what is special about it visually, could you further explain to me your train of thoughts

Sure I would love to:
Explanation: it’s cool/good
Hope that helped out man
Jul 13, 2019 8:28 PM

Jul 2019
mirahsan2 said:
I've been watching anime so long I can't remember every one. But a few shows come to mind:

Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Kiznaiver
Inukami
Ghost in the Shell
Naruto
Naruto Shippuuden
Bleach
Fullmetal Panic!
Oh My Goddess!

some of these openings are honestly breathtaking. Especially anything Fullmetal Alchemist

could you be more precise on which OPs/EDs you liked visually in basically all the shonens you named? Or do you believe all of them are great visually? further explain pliss
Jul 13, 2019 8:30 PM

Jul 2019
AsunaKiritoYui_2 said:
I always listened And watched Shiki's op 1 Kuchizuke was so Good song,I never could skip it When it appeared in anime And I really like Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai's ending,it was seem so relaxing And song was good.

Liked the bunny girl sempai ED, specially the first version and the last episode version, but my topic is about which OP/ED you liked more because of its visuals instead of its music
Jul 13, 2019 8:40 PM

Dec 2014
Bloody Stream from JoJo Part 2. Especially with the SFX
Jul 13, 2019 8:49 PM

May 2015
Never skipped the OP in Ergo Proxy and I love that Haikyuu OP too. But I'd say it's a combination of music and visuals that are matched together perfectly, not just the visuals.
Jul 13, 2019 8:58 PM

Jul 2019
Ten said:
Never skipped the OP in Ergo Proxy and I love that Haikyuu OP too. But I'd say it's a combination of music and visuals that are matched together perfectly, not just the visuals.

Tbh the song isn't bad it just doesn't suit my taste.
Also after having heard the full song, I prefer the transitions done in the full music video compared to the OP version, whats your opinion on that matter?
Jul 13, 2019 9:12 PM

Nov 2011
Jojo's openings are so good and then there's the changes when the big bad screw with the opening.

Jul 13, 2019 9:39 PM

Jun 2016
3-gatsu no Lion S2 OP2, and all Diamond wa Kudakenai's OPs
Jul 14, 2019 5:26 AM

Jun 2017
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou ED because it's drawn by tkmiz
Jul 14, 2019 5:52 AM

Aug 2018
None, I never watch an OP/ED because of animation, the only thing that get me is an actual good song... but that is not something that common. I'm not that huge of a fan of the songs in anime.
Jul 14, 2019 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
A lot of my favourite visually-appealing OPs/EDs also have great music (too many to list). One ED that I do remember hooking me because of the visuals is Durarara!! ED 1. I remember being really fascinated by who's holding up who and how.
Jul 14, 2019 5:54 AM
Apr 2017
Of recent-ish anime I guess just the OP of SNK's s1 (I love that song and although the visuals aren't as entertaining as ThePruld's version, they're still neat) and the ED of danshi kokousei no nichijou, simply because it's catchy as hell and I found myself singing along without really a reason why. Other than those two I'll just skip OP and ED automatically almost all the time.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Jul 14, 2019 5:59 AM
Aug 2017
If you skip looking at the visuals for the Gakuen Handsome ED, you are not watching the show as intended.
Jul 14, 2019 6:10 AM

Dec 2014
Kaguya Sama: Love is War, every single Jojo OP and Death Parade.
Jul 14, 2019 6:37 AM

Mar 2015
Mob Psycho OP's visuals are way too good to be skipped.
Jul 14, 2019 8:35 AM

Dec 2016
just from the top of my head, Both of the Mob Psycho Openings plus the Ending of S1.
Jul 14, 2019 8:39 AM

Oct 2018
Definitely jojo, and david production is so good that even add new version where main antagonist of each part interrupt the opening to show its ability and the other one being mob psycho 100 and kaguya sama.
Ri22rkJul 14, 2019 8:42 AM
Jul 14, 2019 8:42 AM

Aug 2016
Quite a few of openings and endings have great visuals, but I still rather not spend ~1.5 minutes everytime in re-watching it. Listening is a different story since I can still multitask.

In regards to highest success rate, Carnival Phantasm Opening probably does it since it's a great stress reliever from the jump even though it's not as visually impressive as some other ones I had in mind
Jul 14, 2019 9:34 AM

Apr 2019
All Fate Series by ufotable
Hyouka OP
Kyoukai no Kanata OP/ED
YLIA OP 1/2
No Game No Life OP
Nisekoi OP 1/2
Barakamon ED

Jul 14, 2019 9:37 AM

Jan 2018
BiDiGiN said:
I believe that OPs/EDs kind of help establish a certain mood before/after watching an anime episode by two factors, the music/song and it's visuals. The visuals can help liking an OP/ED, but i usually care more about the music/song, what I mean is I think the music/song of the OP/ED will usually have a higher impact on me than it's visuals. Usually. When i decided to start watching Haikyuu's 3rd season, I was blown away by the visuals of it's OP. Even though the song was pretty good too, I believe the stronger point of the OP was it's visuals. Any of you guys found the visuals of an OP/ED to bring it's "impact' more than it's song/music?

https://youtu.be/oRAF2-Exzx4

Another good example i found was the last ED of the second season of 3-Gatsu no Lion, it's visuals are strong imo but tbh I like the song too.

https://youtu.be/6pddnFTBeyY

Bruhh have you even seen Attack on Titan? It's basically illegal if you skip the openings!

OP1: JEAGER!!!
OP2: GLORIA!!!!
OP3: SASAGEYO!! SASAGEYO!! SHINZOU-
OP4: LIKE A FALLEN ANGELLLL!!
OP5: SPOILERS!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 14, 2019 9:41 AM

Jan 2018
ED of shield hero is sweet for me. It's the only one I can remember since I'm watching it right now.
Jul 14, 2019 9:45 AM

Jun 2019
BiDiGiN said:
AsunaKiritoYui_2 said:

Liked the bunny girl sempai ED, specially the first version and the last episode version, but my topic is about which OP/ED you liked more because of its visuals instead of its music

Okay I know Already And I meant visual too,You see I was say:It was seem so relaxing,Bunny Senpai's ending
was a near of sea or ocean etc..And girls was walking on sand so it gave me so much relaxing with its visual when I watched it,So I never could skip it too
Jul 14, 2019 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
Neo Ranga, especially the second opening. I think the atmosphere it creates surpasses any other mecha

Jul 14, 2019 11:08 AM

Jul 2019
petran79 said:
Neo Ranga, especially the second opening. I think the atmosphere it creates surpasses any other mecha

really nice, the beginning totally caught me
the music fits really well to its atmosphere
Jul 14, 2019 11:26 AM

Feb 2010
Definitely

one of my alltime favorites opening visualls. Having a great song is just a nice bonus.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 14, 2019 11:47 AM

Jul 2019
Pullman said:
Definitely

one of my alltime favorites opening visualls. Having a great song is just a nice bonus.

Really nice

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jul 14, 2019 12:15 PM

Oct 2015
Occultic; Nine's Opening has one of the best imagery from the ones I've seen. It doesn't rely on sakuga to draw the viewers in but rather the amount of mysteries left on that opening. It's honestly pretty sad that the anime paled in comparison.

Jul 15, 2019 3:37 PM

Jul 2019
Chickenwarlord said:
If you skip looking at the visuals for the Gakuen Handsome ED, you are not watching the show as intended.

Just finished the 3 first episodes and my brain expanded everytime time the ED played, dunno how I had no prior knowledge about this master piece hahaha!!

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

89 by FanofAction »»
1 minute ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - Today

46 by mason_black »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

77 by Vosgy »»
7 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

48 by JKKH »»
10 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

39 by mason_black »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.