Forum Settings
Forums
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Jul 13, 2:09 PM

Hello, and Thanks for Reading Anime Guild's Fourteenth Newsletter!

It has been awhile since I've brought out the ole Newsletter Banner. I tend to only do these when there is something very important.
Format changes to the Anime and Character of the Season does constitutes that.

Due to the mishaps that transpired last season we have some tweaks. The first being that we will be continuing with how we conducted the Redux and do a more closed vote. Everyone who participates in the nominations will then become a qualified voter. We will also be adding a new bonus point system to our nominations.

These bonus points will be given out with the completion of certain tasks.
Normally the nominations gives out 6 points so with activity in other areas of the club that can increase to 9.
There is 4 ways you can earn a point.

1 Point for if someone handed in all 3 hand-ins for the Power Rankings(Anime Classes and Character Classes will be split here)
1 Point for 75% of the OP/ED Contest songs graded
1 Point for full participation in The Clash of Unsupported Shows
1 Point for x amount of New Bot Points when that gets released, point value will be decided after evaluation.

You do one task, your first choice gets +1
You do two task, your first and second choice gets +1
You do three tasks, all three characters get +1

Thus your nominations will be improved to this
1st 3 ---> 4
2nd 2 ---> 3
3rd 1 ---> 2

So what happens if you forget to put in your nominations? If you complete two of the four possible tasks you would be able to vote on approval. An admin will go verify if you have completed enough tasks and you will be added to the list of qualified voters.

The usual schedule for these tasks are.
- PRC Registration is open until the First Hand-in which will be July 29th
- OP/ED Contest tends to happen between week 3-7 of the Season.
- The Clash happens during week 8-10 of the Season
- Then Nominations for the AOTS and COTS start in week 11.
- Voting happens during week 13 which is the last week of the Season.

Power Ranking Sign-ups are here - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1786365
To ask for a Discord Link please post in here - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1541155

~Thanks for reading and have a nice day~
☆A.G. Staff☆

Modified by Hibbington, Jul 13, 2:17 PM

Jul 13, 3:33 PM
Hug Addict <3

Wasn't really a solution I'd thought of myself but I think this is pretty smart. On one hand it encourages more overall member activity throughout the club and at the same time it'll work the other way around so that we only get people that are actually active to be able to vote in the end. Two birds in one stone really :blobpat:

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Jul 13, 4:33 PM

Yeah I like it a lot too, especially for the aspect of member activity. Hope our new Discord Bot will soon be released aswell. ^^

Jul 13, 6:50 PM

I never know there is an activity called The Clash of Unsupported Shows lol. Guess I'll have to spend more time on the guild then.

#PrayForKyoani

Jul 28, 9:13 AM

I overall like this. What I think is a bit questionable is giving point for the clash of unsupported shows. For example even if I wanted to vote last season I couldn't because I didn't watch any of the shows that we were to vote for. Now that could lead to people voting for shows they didn't watch just so they could get a bonus point and skew the results. And for people that are fair it will lead to potentially loosing a point just because they didn't watch any unpopular shows, even if they may be really active in club otherwise. Before people who didn't watch any could just opt-out of participation without any loss.

This issue doesn't happen with any of the other things because neither requires watching any particular shows (theoretically one could sign for PRC and put in shows they didn't watch, but that's far less likely imo). Maybe finding more inclusive feature to put that point for might be better idea.

One more thing, maybe that there should have been some more notifications about this thread. If I didn't carefully read Blue's PRC post assuming I know everything about PRC already I wouldn't have even noticed it exists.
Modified by Zawawa, Jul 28, 9:20 AM

Jul 28, 9:20 AM

MrZawa said:
I overall like this. What I think is a bit questionable is giving point for the clash of unsupported shows. For example even if I wanted to vote last season I couldn't because I didn't watch any of the shows that we were to vote for. Now that could lead to people voting for shows they didn't watch just so they could get a bonus point and skew the results. And for people that are fair it will lead to potentially loosing a point just because they didn't watch any unpopular shows, even if they may be really active in club otherwise. Before people who didn't watch any could just opt-out of participation without any loss.

No, we want people to vote who haven't watched the shows. Because the winner get a Spotlight Date.

Jul 28, 9:22 AM

Hibbington said:
MrZawa said:

No, we want people to vote who haven't watched the shows. Because the winner get a Spotlight Date.

I guess I didn't get the point it then :dialul: But still voting for show I know nothing about seems a bit tricky. But I guess it's inclusive enough then. My bad :)

Jul 28, 1:17 PM

The new voting rules sounds complicated, hopefully it's tracked by admins and not users or else it won't ever be used.

Aug 18, 9:27 AM

Lewd said:
The new voting rules sounds complicated, hopefully it's tracked by admins and not users or else it won't ever be used.

Yeah we keep track of it. ^^