Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 13, 2019 10:33 AM

Apr 2015
Let's take a break and discuss how we all enjoy our cup of joe.

What kind of brand do you like, or do you get it from a local provider? Take it black or with cream? Light? Bold? Dark? Hot or iced? Fan of the classic, or an espresso, macchiato, or latte kinda person?

I'm personally a big fan of Peets Coffee, it's not the best, but certainly the best in terms of grocery stores, very complex array of flavors in even their lightest or darkest blends. I enjoy a bit of half and half but just a drop or two, I don't want it to smother the taste(I don't even bother with flavored creamer ), a shake or two of sugar is all I need and for really great coffee on vacation, I most of the time take it black. Sure I like iced coffee too but a lot of the stuff from places such as starbucks basically turn into desserts with all the sugar they put into their lattes and such.

How about you all?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2019 10:39 AM

May 2013
I like Cafe Bustelo and drink it black (usually). I make it strong too.... more scoops of coffee than cups of water.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jul 13, 2019 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
I like my coffe how I like my women - bitter and upsetting my stomach.
Jul 13, 2019 10:49 AM

May 2018
Lots of sugar and lots of coffee creamer
Jul 13, 2019 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
Cinnamon_toast said:

Is that how you like your women too??
Jul 13, 2019 10:57 AM

May 2018
dejwo said:
Cinnamon_toast said:

dejwo said:
Cinnamon_toast said:

dejwo said:
Cinnamon_toast said:

dejwo said:
Cinnamon_toast said:

No I perfer my woman cold and bitter uwu
Jul 13, 2019 10:59 AM

Apr 2015
Gan_water said:
I like Cafe Bustelo and drink it black (usually). I make it strong too.... more scoops of coffee than cups of water.

What a coincidence, I have that right in my cabinet. I thought I liked strong stuff but that stuff is like tar in terms of black. Been trying to drink it black but it's way too much for me. Do you put any sugar in at all at least?
Jul 13, 2019 11:02 AM

Jun 2014
Cactus Jack drinks coffee black.

I, on the other hand, am not Cactus Jack. I don't drink coffee at all.

dejwo said:
I like my coffe how I like my women - bitter and upsetting my stomach.

I like my women how I like my coffee too, imported from Colombia in a bag. :P

Jul 13, 2019 11:02 AM

May 2013
Monarch-Reli said:
Gan_water said:

What a coincidence, I have that right in my cabinet. I thought I liked strong stuff but that stuff is like tar in terms of black. Been trying to drink it black but it's way too much for me. Do you put any sugar in at all at least?

No I never put sugar in it but I do sometimes use milk. I always drank in black in memory of my grandfather who did the same thing.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jul 13, 2019 11:03 AM

Mar 2014
I only drink Maxwell House. When drinking it hot, black with light sugar. Add butter when I have to skip breakfast. When cold, I add creamer and a little bit more sugar.
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Jul 13, 2019 11:04 AM

Feb 2018
I drink not coffee but herbal and black tea *stylish dab*
Jul 13, 2019 1:44 PM

Oct 2010
Loaded with cream and a bit of sugar, otherwise it tastes like dirt.
I also love Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes. The other seasonal flavors are good too, like gingerbread and chestnut praline. Mmmm <3
Jul 13, 2019 2:56 PM

Jun 2016
I tend to buy what's on sale; usually Maxwell House or Folgers, one of the cheap brands. There is a good brand from New Mexico that I enjoy too, pinion coffee.

I drink it with a splash of milk, no sugar.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Jul 13, 2019 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
Usagi said:
I also love Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes. The other seasonal flavors are good too, like gingerbread and chestnut praline. Mmmm <3

Isn't it more like coffee flavoured caloriebomb drink at that point rather than flavoured coffee?
Jul 13, 2019 3:48 PM

Oct 2010
dejwo said:
Usagi said:

Isn't it more like coffee flavoured caloriebomb drink at that point rather than flavoured coffee?

The calories aren't too bad if you use skim milk, zero calorie sweeteners, and put maybe only a very light amount of whipped cream on top. Good lunch substitution when you don't feel like eating something solid.
Jul 13, 2019 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
i don't. i don't drink coffee and tea, only things without caffeine.
Jul 13, 2019 5:06 PM
Jul 2018
Like my soul. Pitchblack.

... sweet with sugar, but still a little bit. bitter in the aftertaste.
Jul 13, 2019 6:42 PM

Apr 2015
i like my coffee the same way i like my women
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Jul 13, 2019 7:30 PM

Apr 2015
Usagi said:

This has always fascinated me a little. ;o If you can only drink coffee with TONS of cream and sugar when it's almost all inherently "dirt" tasting, why not switch to something like tea or even milkshakes? Do you just like the tinges of darker taste the coffee brings? Or...?
Jul 13, 2019 7:45 PM

Oct 2014
I don't like coffee at all. But if I had to choose for the sake of conversation, it'd be iced with a whole lot of cream.
Jul 13, 2019 8:21 PM

Aug 2009
Monarch-Reli said:
Let's take a break and discuss how we all enjoy our cup of joe.

What kind of brand do you like, or do you get it from a local provider? Take it black or with cream? Light? Bold? Dark? Hot or iced? Fan of the classic, or an espresso, macchiato, or latte kinda person?

I'm personally a big fan of Peets Coffee, it's not the best, but certainly the best in terms of grocery stores, very complex array of flavors in even their lightest or darkest blends. I enjoy a bit of half and half but just a drop or two, I don't want it to smother the taste(I don't even bother with flavored creamer ), a shake or two of sugar is all I need and for really great coffee on vacation, I most of the time take it black. Sure I like iced coffee too but a lot of the stuff from places such as starbucks basically turn into desserts with all the sugar they put into their lattes and such.

How about you all?

You should try using a aeropress to make your coffee. Basically its like a French press coffee make meets a syringe. I usually put a couple scoops of coffee in itand run a couple cups of almost boiling water through it.
https://www.amazon.com/AeroPress-Coffee-and-Espresso-Maker/dp/B0047BIWSK/ref=asc_df_B0047BIWSK/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167152462925&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4150917134832652960&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026547&hvtargid=pla-315571604316&psc=1

I like my coffee with some sort of flavored creamer and a little bit of sugar or stevia and poured over ice. Usually I'll go for the lighter roasts since they tend have more caffeine in them than the dark roasts.

When it comes to starbucks ,McDonalds and Burger king coffees I love the frappes. The burger king frappes tend to have a stronger coffee flavor than the McDonalds and Starbucks frappes, so you know you are actually drinking a coffee drink.
Jul 14, 2019 3:06 AM

Aug 2012
I'm more of a instant coffee connoisseur. I purchase Nescafe for necessities, and Davidoff if I feel a little Hollywood. Other than that, nothing. Just plain coffee with either a teaspoon of sugar or quarter a cup of milk. I plan to start brewing my own coffee whenever I get my own personal kitchen.
Jul 14, 2019 3:07 AM

Nov 2011
I like cold coffee.

I usually just drink iced coffee, but lately I've been drinking a lot of cold brew. More specifically the salted cream cold foam cold brew from Starbucks.

Usagi said:

Yep! from August to January I basically live on Pumpkin Spice.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 14, 2019 3:39 AM

Jul 2016
Mixed into a cake. I've tried to like coffee normally but I've just never gotten into it.
Jul 14, 2019 4:43 AM

May 2008
Don't really like taste of coffee prefer much more redbull sugar free XD
Jul 14, 2019 5:07 AM

Feb 2016
Vietnamese iced coffee (delicious)
mary jane butter coffee
black coffee mixed with a scoop of protein shake
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 14, 2019 9:37 AM

Oct 2010
Monarch-Reli said:
Usagi said:

This has always fascinated me a little. ;o If you can only drink coffee with TONS of cream and sugar when it's almost all inherently "dirt" tasting, why not switch to something like tea or even milkshakes? Do you just like the tinges of darker taste the coffee brings? Or...?

Coffee is used as a flavor in desserts a lot because it goes well with sugar. The bitter taste along with the sweetness gives it a good flavor profile. Tea with sugar tastes entirely different.
Jul 14, 2019 9:57 AM

Sep 2017
I don't drink coffee

I'm still a chocolate person, despite being an adult
Jul 14, 2019 10:39 AM

Feb 2010
Nithirel said:
iced with a whole lot of cream.
This.

PantsuSenseiUwU said:
mary jane butter coffee
Iced coffee with sweetened condensed milk? Sounds delicious af.
And Google is telling me nothing about the Mary Jane coffee except it has weed in it?
Goddamn, I need to step up my coffee game.
Jul 14, 2019 10:53 AM

Nov 2016
Friesischer Pharisäer. Strong coffee, sugar, and dark rum topped with whipped cream. You don't really need to add sugar if you don't want to, but I enjoy it that way. Some people are fussy about not mixing the cream as traditionally you must drink through it, but I sometimes lick the top. Haha.

Bölvat es okkr, bróðir,
bani em ek þinn orðinn;
þat mun æ uppi;
illr er dómr norna.
-Hlöðskviða
(The Battle of the Goths and Huns)
Jul 14, 2019 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
Monarch-Reli said:
Usagi said:

Some things taste terrible without adding stuff. Then, the taste of the coffee is pretty good, because it's still bitter in the aftertaste, but has a sweet note.

Milkshakes are often too sweet. If you are not making them yourself and buy them at companies, they add a lot of sugar. Although they add too much sugar to the coffee too and they are too expensive, so I rarely drink coffee at Starbucks and co., like three or four times a year.
Even if you make milkshakes on your own: Milk isn't bitter in the aftertaste or so, it's completely different and even without adding sugar, drinking so much milk every day has a lot of calories and isn't healthy.
Tea has an entiry different taste too and I actually like them all (coffee, cocoa, tea, milkshaks).
Months ago I started to replace two cups of coffee a day with tea or water and only drink one or two coffee cups.

Also, people are caffeine junkies and many of them don't know that cacao and some teas also have a lot of caffeine / teein. :D
Jul 14, 2019 9:01 PM

Feb 2016
PsycoDipicto said:
Nithirel said:
iced with a whole lot of cream.
This.

PantsuSenseiUwU said:
mary jane butter coffee
Iced coffee with sweetened condensed milk? Sounds delicious af.
And Google is telling me nothing about the Mary Jane coffee except it has weed in it?
Goddamn, I need to step up my coffee game.
i crew up on vietnamese coffee it is a sweet alternative to the mostly black coffee I drink with a huge boost of energy because of the higher caffeine extraction method. When I was a kid my grandparents always made me a little coup but the put a little coffee and a lot of milk in as well to make it sweeter and creamier and for a kid to drink so i wouldnt be bouncing off the walls
didn't really matter since ADHD anyways LOL only thing that helps that is the mary jane
im two completely different people
weed coffee is just butter with thc infused thrown into it for a little boost and chill for the day
it's my guilty pleasure though it tastes disgusting if you don't mix with anything elses
since it's just black coffee with butter that tastes like weed LOL
Themousen said:
I don't drink coffee

I'm still a chocolate person, despite being an adult
I'll be a coffee over chocolate guy anyday I hate chocolate unless you give me oreos or moose tracks or something with peanut butter in it. white chocolate is killer though
i have cookies and cream ice cream
vulturs said:
Friesischer Pharisäer. Strong coffee, sugar, and dark rum topped with whipped cream. You don't really need to add sugar if you don't want to, but I enjoy it that way. Some people are fussy about not mixing the cream as traditionally you must drink through it, but I sometimes lick the top. Haha.
i like the way you take your coffee but i prefer a different downer with mine
booze i used to have a huge problem with so I stay away from it as much as I can
i still have the occasional bear as I'm from Beer City
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 14, 2019 9:35 PM
Mar 2016
iced, macchiato, and w cream
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
mary jane butter coffee

yessirrr, I use that instant Viet coffee (Cafe Pho) n its far better than the one I make
Jul 14, 2019 11:51 PM

Feb 2016
shadowblaster5 said:
iced, macchiato, and w cream
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
mary jane butter coffee

yessirrr, I use that instant Viet coffee (Cafe Pho) n it's far better than the one I make
I LOVE CAFE PHO MAN the instant is so delicious and quick, the caffeine content is a little to low for me so I have to drink a few of them. Quick, easy, and delicious
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 15, 2019 3:42 PM

Mar 2016
Excessive! Preferrably daily! Heheh. Well, a more serious answer...I like large iced, cold brew, and frozen, extra sweet with lite ice (when it melts it doesn't water down as much, plus less ice = more space for coffee). It has to be from Dunkin' Donuts and it has to have cream in it, coz I don't like dark coffee. Lately I choose coconut + caramel the most, and I like coconut + mocha on gloomier days weather-wise. I like other flavours too for sure though! I'm used to having so much I start to feel headachey if I go a long while without any. ( ̄  ̄|||)

"𝚒𝚏 𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍, 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚜"
- 𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚊 𝚜𝚊𝚕𝚞𝚓𝚊
Jul 15, 2019 8:04 PM

Oct 2012
Like I like my women: full bodied and black. (jk)
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 15, 2019 11:26 PM

Oct 2015
i really only get coffee from starbucks, and iced too because i'm not a fan of hot coffee.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Jul 16, 2019 2:17 AM

Mar 2013
Usually Peets or Lavazza, on the darker side. I always have to add a bit of creamer + sweetener for that creamy taste. French vanilla or Italian cream are the way to go.

When I'm not making my own coffee, I almost always get an iced or hot white chocolate mocha with a hint of peppermint, when it's available for the season.
Some cafes dont offer white mochas so the next best thing is the vanilla latte.
Happy Halloween
Jul 16, 2019 2:20 AM

Jun 2019
I like espresso coffee and Cappuccino
Jul 16, 2019 7:48 AM

Oct 2018
I don't like my coffee to be strong, so I end up not adding too much coffee powder. I also like some milk and sugar.
“This is exactly why babies should not be allowed to dual-wield flintlock pistols.”
― Andrew Hussie, Homestuck
Jul 16, 2019 7:35 PM

Dec 2016
I like drinking percolated coffee with creamer, gives me the motivation to get up in the morning.
"He skipped like a stone on time's ocean. This is what's left." -
Unknown
Jul 16, 2019 10:36 PM

Mar 2008
Drip brewed
Cold brewed

Light or medium roast. I need to try dark some time.

Latte or with cream
Cane sugar or stevia

PantsuSenseiUwU said:
only thing that helps that is the mary jane
im two completely different people
weed coffee is just butter with thc infused thrown into it for a little boost and chill for the day
it's my guilty pleasure though it tastes disgusting if you don't mix with anything elses
since it's just black coffee with butter that tastes like weed LOL

Haven't tried it but MCT oil or just ordinary coconut oil may taste better and also will get you higher because it better transports THC to bloodstream. As an added bonus the medium chain triglycerides convert to ketones giving you more cellular energy to help your brain function.
Jul 16, 2019 10:53 PM

Aug 2015
I prefer to drink mine black whenever I decide to take a sip, although I rarely do. I mostly drink coffee when I'm visiting someplace or in some party and it's offered, but I never really brew it myself unless I need something to wake me up quick.
Jul 16, 2019 11:09 PM

Feb 2016
traed said:
Haven't tried it but MCT oil or just ordinary coconut oil may taste better and also will get you higher because it better transports THC to bloodstream. As an added bonus the medium chain triglycerides convert to ketones giving you more cellular energy to help your brain function.
My plug only carries Mary Jane so I extract the THC myself and make the butter. So that's how I like to consume my "edibles." cookies are bad cause I hate sweets. ColdBrew is some very enjoyable coffee, especially during those summers I painted outdoors.
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 16, 2019 11:20 PM

Mar 2008
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
traed said:
My plug only carries Mary Jane so I extract the THC myself and make the butter. So that's how I like to consume my "edibles." cookies are bad cause I hate sweets. ColdBrew is some very enjoyable coffee, especially during those summers I painted outdoors.

You can do the same extraction method with the MCT oil or coconut oil. Just saying butter in coffee is weird to me. I've had coffee with coconut milk before or coconut flavouring and the tastes go nice together.
Jul 17, 2019 1:53 AM

Jun 2019
Some amount of milk and a teaspoon of sugar

Jul 17, 2019 3:15 AM
May 2019
I'm more of a tea kinda girl. I never really saw the appeal of coffee.

Jul 17, 2019 3:55 AM

Mar 2008
Xstasy said:
I'm more of a tea kinda girl. I never really saw the appeal of coffee.

Coffee is technically a type of tea. Only small differences in preparation.
Jul 18, 2019 12:40 PM

Nov 2017
I like my coffee like I like my coffee: none! I honestly don't drink coffee, I tried to get into it, but it's not really my thing. Black coffee is fine though
Jul 18, 2019 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
Straight-up black, no milk or sugar - The hardcore way to drink coffee ^_^
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 11 hours ago

19 by Kamikaze_404 »»
5 minutes ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 9 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 7 hours ago

11 by vasipi4946 »»
38 minutes ago

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 5 hours ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
43 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 4 hours ago

0 by _Nette_ »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.