Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2019 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kirika's fighting skills are still pretty sharp this season. Not bad.

A lot of action as I had expected. I hope they can keep this level of momentum. Tsubasa and Maria's dual performance is fabulous with the flashy movements and chereography.

Too bad after the performance, everyone got attacked. They really bought out the violence this episode :o
Jul 13, 2019 12:06 PM
Nov 2017
What was that second part, that was very brutal and very reminescent of the first season of the anime. I got chills when I saw it, just wow. Also the performance was wonderful!
Jul 13, 2019 12:07 PM

May 2015
Holy shit they actually had the balls to turn this really dark. I genuinely never thought they'd go this far considering every other season.

This was much worse than the episode 1 season 1 concert. Very VERY graphic showing the expressions and everything. I don't know how I feel to this dramatic change, I did want them to change stuff but I don't know.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 13, 2019 12:18 PM

Dec 2011
I can't. please. Go back.
Jul 13, 2019 12:22 PM

May 2018
Poor Tsubasa. History repeat itself again. So I guess Tsubasa will be having angst and bad mood from now on. I just hope Tsubasa doesn't turn into one of those cliche character that feel sorry for themselves because they are useless for not being able to protect others or she become too consume with anger and revenge. That will be annoying to watch.
Papa_ScorchJul 13, 2019 12:25 PM
Jul 13, 2019 12:33 PM
Dec 2018
Man I really love the episode, the music, fights and also the concert but Millaarc, holy shit that was disturbing even for the second episode, why the have to remind us of the "concert incident" from the first episode of they first season. Tsubasa needs some therapy hurry and now because that flashback hurts so much.

Still the fight debut for Elsa and Millaarc was so epic, also three character song in one episode love it.
HelaLoveJul 13, 2019 2:24 PM
Jul 13, 2019 1:20 PM

May 2016
Man I really love the episode.

Elsa and Millaarc both caught my taste bu suprise.

Episode 1 is epic, while this one is SHOCKING get it? XD
Jul 13, 2019 1:38 PM

Apr 2012
There can be no redemption now. Forgiveness is off the table. Vampire just signed her whole team's death warrants as far as I'm concerned.

TSUBASA!!! *Cries frantically*
Jul 13, 2019 1:45 PM

May 2015
FateHero said:
There can be no redemption now. Forgiveness is off the table. Vampire just signed her whole team's death warrants as far as I'm concerned.

YES completely agree. Every other villain has died and I thought they might not be as evil but NOPE.

They're dead. I want to see the vampire brutally killed by an angry Tsubasa.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 13, 2019 1:46 PM

Jun 2010
HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! WOOOOOOOW! They are really going all out with this season!

First of season, HOLY SHIT that Kirika transformation sequence was FUCKING BEAUTIFUL! I love the strip tease/pole dancing theme of it!

Second of all, OH MY GOSH! THEY ACTUALLY JUST STRAIGHT UP KILLED THAT LITTLE GIRL. Fucking brutal as shit. YIKES.
Jul 13, 2019 1:52 PM

Jul 2013
If Symphogear clears the angst that one of the main heroines had in the past season, don't worry, the series will always come with another new one for them to suffer for the new season. I can expect Tsubasa either becoming a revenge-seeking edgelady or some angsting-machine like in the first seaosn. Oh, well.

FateHero said:
This. Normally, Symphogear tends to redeem its villains villains at the end (only exception are the AutoScorers and Adam, probs cause they were not human), but the vampire girl went way too far. If they end sparing her or end up feeling bad for her cause some tragic past or anything, it will be bullshit.
Jul 13, 2019 2:23 PM
Dec 2018
FateHero said:

Yeah me too, Millaarc needs to die, a same emotion I have with Dr Ver, Adam and sorry Finé now came back with her.
HelaLoveJul 13, 2019 2:33 PM
Jul 13, 2019 3:37 PM

Jul 2017
OMG! This episode sent the shivers down my spine by the end!! Fucking Illuminati remnants are still out in the open, and the war against them will still continue from the previous season, but DAMN, THAT SCENE BY THE END WAS BRUTAL! Tsubasa and Maria's performance was also pretty nice, while it lasted... I'm so hooked already, this season is gonna be the peak of Symphogear, even though the previous season was already fantastic, i can feel this one surpassing it, we'll see how it develops.

On another note, that OP was an absolute banger, and the OST still mantains its awesome high quality!
WaterLordJul 13, 2019 5:56 PM
Jul 13, 2019 4:53 PM
Aug 2015
Kirika's transformation was something. Now I'm curious what Shirabe's will end up looking like after seeing that.

Also, Beyblades. Shirabe and Kirika have Beyblades now. I thought I'd seen it all when it came to their combos. But then they go and throw Beyblades at us.

That concert scene was messed up though. Just when Tsubasa was starting to relax and have fun, they have to show up and utterly destroy everything in front of her, including brutally murdering a little girl by ripping her heart out.

It seemed like Millaarc cast some kind of curse or binding spell at that moment though? Wonder what it'll end up doing to Tsubasa.

Also, that after credits scene. "The Mummy Returneth Alive."
Jul 13, 2019 5:34 PM

Mar 2016
If the visuals in the opening and ending themes aren't blatant and ominous foreshadowing, idk what is. Not that it's a bad thing at all, though.

Poor Tsubasa. She's barely got over Kanade's death and her family issues, and now she has to see 100,000 people die because of her (indirectly).

These villains are hella petty, let's be real....no way are they beating our main girls in a fair fight, hence why they've resorted to below-the-belt tactics so far.

I wonder if that mummy had something to do with possibly explaining more about the origin and history of the relics.
Jul 13, 2019 6:05 PM
Jan 2010
Gorochu said:
Poor Tsubasa. History repeat itself again. So I guess Tsubasa will be having angst and bad mood from now on. I just hope Tsubasa doesn't turn into one of those cliche character that feel sorry for themselves because they are useless for not being able to protect others or she become too consume with anger and revenge. That will be annoying to watch.

They better not... they did that in the 1st season.... maybe she'll go rogue and not be as forgiving as before
Jul 13, 2019 6:09 PM

Nov 2012
More god like henshin: https://streamable.com/hl6gt

Hand drawn henshin, hand drawn concert, Satelight really do burn through their budget.

This episode got a dark turn at the end though. So far so good, this season has potential to be the best Symphogear season
Jul 13, 2019 6:21 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
That has been fucking brutal....holy shit.
Jul 13, 2019 6:43 PM

May 2015
Ok...I've avoided all videos of Metanoia...and Holy Crap I love it! It sounds much different compared to all of the other opening themes, but it works so well! And damn the opening animation where you see each character and the people they have lost, including Fine/Ryoko! Well...except Tsubasa who shows her family who are still alive. They should have put Kanade there...Wait...DID HIBIKI HAVE SCARF-ARMS?! WE'RE WILD ARMS NOW!

Hey, we get to see agent Maria now...and was she asleep during Tsubasa's rehearsal? LOL! They're just throwing in all the subtle jokes now.

Yay, we launch girls into battle with missiles!

Well...there goes the budget again...ON KIRIKA'S THIGHS!

THEY'RE DANCING! YES!

SHE'S SURFING ON HER SCYTHE! SEVER STAB DRACULA!!!

So Eliza can use different tails from her bottomless luggage. Kind of like Midna. Cool.

Aww Kirika, the disadvantage of using polearms in closed spaces...

They're giving Shirabe some style in her fighting now! I think the Massive Circle Slash was only seen in XDU.

Oh yeah...I forgot Kirika can change her Scythe into different weapons. I didn't expect dual blades...

BEYBLADE!

I'll do the performance, on one condition. Oh we know what Tsubasa wants...

"and Maria." LMAO!!!

Well we got our concert that was missing in AXZ, and well, that's where more of the budget went. That performance was Macross Frontier Movie levels of animation!

NOT AGAIN! PLEASE NOT AGAIN!

The same backflips and slashes that Kanade and Tsubasa did in season 1 make a comeback!

That was...heartbreaking. The animation was amazing...but it was heartbreaking. I'm very proud of the director here and how he handled Tsubasa's behavior. Instead of lamenting, she went into an all-out rage...like Kanade when she wanted to destroy the noise. This was her comeback concert, and all of it shattered into pieces. She's going to be hurting most of all for having to experience this not once, but twice. Damn. This hit me harder than season 1 episode 1...

Golden bracelet? Hmm...

Alright Ono, Agematsu, and Kaneko. Whatever you did to improve XV when you delayed it last season...keep doing it.

Edit and slightly off Topic:
TarotistJul 13, 2019 7:18 PM
Jul 13, 2019 6:48 PM

Oct 2011
first season where probably ep 2 was better than first ep or its just me

we finally get introduced to the antagonist trio altho power wise they seem not that strong but well see how it goes

things got dark and fast :p

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jul 13, 2019 6:48 PM

Nov 2012
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/tokuten/anime_symphogear_xvcd

Based on the release date of each character song CD, it seems that ep 3 will have Shirabe transformation and song, followed by Chris at ep 4, Maria ep 5, and finally Tsubasa ep 6 (or 7, because the CD for Tsubasa is delayed one week)
Hoshino_MariaJul 13, 2019 6:57 PM
Jul 13, 2019 6:58 PM

May 2015

Well that is a "Godlike" henshin because it was originally supposed to be a "GOD" henshin.

So Blu-Rays when?
TarotistJul 13, 2019 7:10 PM
Jul 13, 2019 8:04 PM

Apr 2009
That vampire bitch needs to die a horrible death at the hands of Tsubasa and Maria.

Opening is amazing, Kirika henshin was omg amazing, concert amazing. Everything amazing!!!
Jul 13, 2019 8:31 PM
Apr 2019
Holy shiiiitttt 100 000 death ?!
Jul 13, 2019 9:18 PM

Nov 2013
Great animation as always. 2nd half was brutal. Anyone have a prediction on what kind of spell did Milaarc use on Tsubasa?
Jul 13, 2019 9:38 PM

Jul 2015
Now that's a concert that ended with a big bang.

The animation of the concert is 1000x better than that CG crap of Love Live.

Jul 13, 2019 9:46 PM

Nov 2012
Interesting if that's really her

Jul 13, 2019 10:04 PM

Mar 2008
This episode was nuts. The first part was fun and entertaining. Kirika and Shirabe set to become beyblade world champs once this season is over. They of course had fun with the transformation. But beyond that they let Kirika and Shirabe succeed apart from each other and thrive together. The best way to show who they are right now.

The second half was tough. Poor Tsubasa. That's a nightmare for her. Going through all this again. Her dream turned into all that death.
Jul 13, 2019 10:08 PM
Jun 2008
Ugh, history repeats itself in the 2nd half of this episode. Now, I wonder if those alchemists found a way to beat the Symphogear users? I mean, Millaarc used Seal Invasion.
Jul 13, 2019 10:16 PM

Mar 2008
Such a brutal episode, I wonder if everyone's hero is gonna make a triumphant return, Dr. Ver? Lol Also, these assholes better get destroyed and not become friends in the end.
Jul 13, 2019 10:22 PM
Jul 2018
Holy Mother of God, I was NOT expecting that...

That second half was fucking brutal, way worse than what happened in the first season. I don't think this anime has ever been this graphical with its depiction of violence and death. Still, even though it was quite dark it was also dope as fuck. My expectations for this season have skyrocketed after this episode.

Am I the only one curious about that thing the vampire girl did to Tsubasa? That "Seal Invasion" thing. That can't be good. Also, Kaneko Akifumi must really love to torture Tsubasa, the girl can't catch a break.
removed-userJul 13, 2019 10:28 PM
Jul 14, 2019 12:15 AM

Oct 2007
Kirika and Shirabe combined attack so cool, the giant yoyo combined with the scythe.

Tsubasa and MAria concert is amazing. Too bad the enemy had to ruin the fun. Just like episode 1 of season 1, the audience get massacred. Why the heck is the concert hall door closed, people cannot get out and more are killed.

Brutal death for audience girl. Tsubasa is traumatized, she don't even wipe away the blood.

Ogawa makes good use of his plot armour. People running around getting killed. He's just standing there and the alca-noise just stare at him. :p
Liddo-kunJul 14, 2019 12:22 AM
Jul 14, 2019 1:10 AM

Aug 2008
I guess no more Redemption Spot for the new Alchemists then, at least the Vampire chick. And hot damn, 100k people dead just like that. That's pretty brutal.

I guess the new enemies are gonna go for the PTSD/psychological warfare tactics more than previous antagonists have done on the series?
They have admitted they're not quite "complete" or powerful yet, so they're gonna keep resorting to underhanded tactics more.

Jul 14, 2019 1:36 AM

Aug 2013
bruh, that slaughter is brutal af
gory and shit reminding me of 1st season, very epic

and Kirika transformation scene tho
BRUH
I CAN WATCH IT ALL DAY
*standing applause*
and that's not the only one that standing
Jul 14, 2019 2:47 AM

Jun 2015
We did it bois, happy Tsubasa is no more
It's season 1 PTSD again
Jul 14, 2019 3:11 AM

Aug 2013
holy fucking shit...that is all I can say
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 14, 2019 6:00 AM

Sep 2011
Well, this was amazing in every possible way. Chris finally got to do her XV sneeze and I totally want to see the Kirika henshin as it was originally planned.

I wonder who the true final boss will be or if we'll see the custodians at all, since there's nothing teased in the OP this time. Also what are those gas masks? And Hibiki fucking punching the moon!!!
Jul 14, 2019 8:46 AM

Mar 2016
Having 100,000 people near Tsubasa was obviously a wise decision. Great episode, a lot of character detail even in the split-second cuts.

Jul 14, 2019 11:25 AM

Feb 2007
Looks like Kirika has picked up some impressive pole dancing skills.
Jul 14, 2019 6:28 PM

Oct 2008
Gosh! The tragedy repeats itself! COLLATERAL DAMAGE of HUMANS!
5/5.

Jul 14, 2019 7:27 PM

Jan 2011
i can't believe they did this to Tsubasa again this was far more brutal than anything they've done since maybe the first season wtf thought we would finally get a peaceful moment

zero redeeming these new alchemist wipe em out just like they took out 100 000 people not a single person was saved , after all that act of terror i forgot about how lewd they made the henshin for Kiri
katsu044Jul 14, 2019 7:31 PM
Jul 14, 2019 8:34 PM
Dec 2018
Can we agree that we want Millaarc, the vampire alchemist needs to die and now?

Because even for the whole story, Tsubasa was almost completely done with the past after Kanades death and so much more about his family, but now thanks to that chick, she has to think all over again.
Jul 16, 2019 4:42 PM

Sep 2017
Bruh... I don't remember Symphogear being this brutal. Props to the animators tho. I just hope Tsubasa's character doesn't follow the same route at season 1 after this incident.
Jul 17, 2019 2:55 AM

Feb 2007
The interesting thing is that we tend to forget Symphogear has always had a lot of casualties and collateral damage - it is just usually noise doing the dirty work, which is why the one very personal kill this time seemed this shocking.
Aug 6, 2019 2:12 PM

Dec 2009
It may seem crude of me to say, but i'm glad this show is bringing itself back to it's roots.

In the last couple seasons the show has gotten rather silly and less impactful. Seeing the villains do horrible things right off the bat, although a bit rushed and disjointed in progression, we have reason already to despise these villains. That is a good thing.

Also combat choreography creativity is staying fantastic! Awesome music, not just op/ed but also bgm etc, does not disappoint.

Sury said:
I wonder who the true final boss will be or if we'll see the custodians at all, since there's nothing teased in the OP this time. Also what are those gas masks? And Hibiki fucking punching the moon!!!
It's not like they are strangers to fighting the moon, lol...
ps: nice to see your highly relevant avatar pic again haha
GenesisAriaAug 6, 2019 2:49 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 5, 2019 11:32 PM

Feb 2014
So, they decided to change this or try to make it better by adding some gore scenes to it?
Oct 19, 2019 2:33 AM

Jan 2018
Dope concert. Not as good as the one in episode 1 of GX, but still a spectacle regardless. Too bad it'd be the last thing that the audience would ever see before being brutally murdered.

And that bitch literally ripped a girl's heart out right in front of Tsubasa. Things got dark pretty quick. Awesome episode all around.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Dec 5, 2019 12:07 AM

Apr 2014
wow this ep got dark real quick not to mention how they killed the girl towards the end what makes it even more crazy is that girl that got killed looked a lot like the girl Hibiki first saved when she first transformed in season 1 and if that was her holy shit

this season only 2 eps in and things are this crazy wonder what other things are to come

with that said one thing i do have to say about this season is this is the only opening i didnt like compared to the other opening from the other season this op just feels so lifeless and weak in comparison to the other seasons in where their openings was epic in every way the song, the actual op itself ect

but yeah the only thing i dont like but who knows maybe the op will grow on me well see once i reach the end

but yeah amazing ep onto the next
"one step at a time"
Mar 27, 2021 7:05 AM
Apr 2020
Hoshino_Maria said:
Interesting if that's really her

if so then it hurts.
Apr 26, 2021 9:50 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I’ve been super unappreciative of how symphogear tackled their concert scenes. They always look so extra and so beautiful, but the main takeaway is that THEY DO NOT USE CGI MODELS!!! Tsubasa and Maria never turn to cgi, ever. It’s been a while since I watched AVX, and in the meantime I of course watched a load of anime, some of those being from the idol genre, mostly these newer ones like zombie land saga and idoly pride. And I realize it’s all too common for the studio to resort to using jarring cgi for their idols whenever they are to perform at a concert. And it just throws me off. But this is not the case for symphogear, and they earn mad points for that.

Again it’s been a while, but I don’t remember being showed civilians getting freaking slaughtered, or a young girl getting ripped a hole through her chest. Was symphogear always this brutal?? If it was I honestly don’t remember, but if they’re growing some balls for the first time, XV just very might well be in a league of its own.

Second episode, again so far so good. No inherent BS that dragged it down, I feel like once we focus more on that mummy that we’re gonna get a load of mumbo jumbo though. Still, it’s been all gas no brakes so far and I really hope it keeps the energy pumping and stays this way.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» New Symphogear project announced

Monkiesmata - Nov 20, 2022

12 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 9, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

42 by rsc-pl »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

85 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2019

52 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2019

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.