Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 27, 2019 11:22 AM

Aug 2009
RobertBobert said:
ssjokg said:

Because it happens at the very end when everyone else is gone.You dont need to be alone to show platonic affection.They were also hiding any type of relationship with the maid, and no they didnt have to do that if they were just friends, the other "suspects" wouldnt give a shit about it if they were just friends.

There is no reason for such level of secrecy if it meant nothing.

Did they hide something? They holding hands before the car was out of sight. And why was there literally no other hint of it on the show? And if this conversation has already started, even non-sexual intimacy is intimacy, because this is not something that people will necessarily try to do in public.

With such logic, I can call by word "couple" absolutely any characters, since the abstract argument "they just hid it" is fundamentally irrefutable. All we have is two girls who holding hands after a hard emotional experience, using it as a foundation for a whole theory about hidden relationships is quite funny.

Out of sight?All that matters is that nobody was around and Waver and Gray cant pay attention to them.

Hint of affection?How about when the maid is intimidated by the other guy and the daughter helps her when, as far as everyone knows she could also be the culprit?

I dont buy it for a second that this was friendly intimacy that must be hidden even towards people that would have no issue with it, like Waver and Gray.

Why do you seem so offended by the assumption that fans make, based on certain clues, that something more than a platonic relationship is going on between them?

I dont get your problem?Since there is no decisive facts for either case what other viewers think is no business of yours.

You are basically mad that others are having fun with implications of the episode.

Jul 27, 2019 11:30 AM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
RobertBobert said:

Did they hide something? They holding hands before the car was out of sight. And why was there literally no other hint of it on the show? And if this conversation has already started, even non-sexual intimacy is intimacy, because this is not something that people will necessarily try to do in public.

With such logic, I can call by word "couple" absolutely any characters, since the abstract argument "they just hid it" is fundamentally irrefutable. All we have is two girls who holding hands after a hard emotional experience, using it as a foundation for a whole theory about hidden relationships is quite funny.

Out of sight?All that matters is that nobody was around and Waver and Gray cant pay attention to them.

Hint of affection?How about when the maid is intimidated by the other guy and the daughter helps her when, as far as everyone knows she could also be the culprit?

I dont buy it for a second that this was friendly intimacy that must be hidden even towards people that would have no issue with it, like Waver and Gray.

Why do you seem so offended by the assumption that fans make, based on certain clues, that something more than a platonic relationship is going on between them?

I dont get your problem?Since there is no decisive facts for either case what other viewers think is no business of yours.

You are basically mad that others are having fun with implications of the episode.

No need to think up, the car was close enough when they "did it" (lol). And if Gray or Waver turned back?

To help a friend with toxic asshole- to be in a lesbian relationship with her? If all the women who did this were lesbians, then humanity would have died out, lol.

Is it my problem with this? Am I now spending time on the emotional defense of the fact that holding hands for females are romantic relationships?
RobertBobertJul 27, 2019 11:44 AM
Jul 27, 2019 11:46 AM

Aug 2009
>No need to think up, the car was close enough when they "did it" (lol). And if Gray or Waver turned back?

Again, why would they care?
The thing is that they feel more at easy if they are seemingly moving away.

>To help a friend with advances from an unwanted guy

That's not what happened.Wtf.

>Is it my problem with this? Am I now spending time on the emotional defense of the fact that holding hands for females are romantic relationships?

This doesnt answer my question.
Jul 27, 2019 12:04 PM

Apr 2012
@ssjokg So, this scene was so obvious that you needed to use sophistry and “hide” the answer from me to justify it? The classic dispute about yuri subtext, lol.

They don’t care @ they hide it - you contradict yourself.

That's not what happened.Wtf. - Judging by the size of your comment, you had time to notice that I changed the post. But you decided to reply to the original and clumsily ignore this line.

This doesnt answer my question. - I appreciate your unusually stubborn attempts to translate dialogue into a demand for some excuses from me, but I do not think that my answer was too complicated.
Jul 27, 2019 12:12 PM

Aug 2009
>So, this scene was so obvious that you needed to use sophistry and “hide” the answer from me to justify it? The classic dispute about yuri subtext, lol.

What?

>They don’t care @ they hide it - you contradict yourself.

Waver and Gray are the ones that wouldnt care, just like I said in the previous post.

>But you decided to reply to the original and clumsily ignore this line.

Wow.

>I appreciate your unusually stubborn attempts to translate dialogue into a demand for some excuses from me, but I do not think that my answer was too complicated.

Again wow.

Jul 27, 2019 12:24 PM

Apr 2012
@ssjokg So, now you are not even trying to take the dialogue seriously, either by answering me with monosyllabic answers, or simply responding with that the first will come to the head, without thinking that the girls cannot read minds and therefore do not know how much Gray or Waver cares about it.

In this case, I want to ask you only one thing - why are you trying to argue with me, even if you yourself realize that you don't know how to do this? I hope that you will not hide it, or others will think that we are in secret homosexual relationships, lol.
Jul 27, 2019 12:28 PM

Aug 2009
RobertBobert said:
@ssjokg So, now you are not even trying to take the dialogue seriously, either by answering me with monosyllabic answers, or simply responding with that the first will come to the head, without thinking that the girls cannot read minds and therefore do not know how much Gray or Waver cares about it.

In this case, I want to ask you only one thing - why are you trying to argue with me, even if you yourself realize that you don't know how to do this? I hope that you will not hide it, or others will think that we are in secret homosexual relationships, lol.

Why are you so annoyed that people assume it is a lesbian relationship.Answer that.You dont seem to understand anything and cant even reply properly to a single question so just answer that.

I would respond with a simple wow again but character limit doesnt let me.
Jul 27, 2019 12:34 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
RobertBobert said:

Why are you so annoyed that people assume it is a lesbian relationship.Answer that.You dont seem to understand anything and cant even reply properly to a single question so just answer that.

I would respond with a simple wow again but character limit doesnt let me.

"No, you!!1" - is that all you can answer? I would tell you how pathetic it looks, but the Russian culture of Internet disputes considered this argument dirty.
RobertBobertJul 27, 2019 12:42 PM
Aug 7, 2019 3:46 PM
Jul 2013
Yuki Kajiura is back in the game.
Funny how they all call Waver broke, but he can still afford an Aston Martin. I guess as a lord he needs the right appearance.
Aug 15, 2019 8:29 AM

Jul 2009
So this show will be a murder mystery type of thing, eh? Quite a unique route for a Fate installment. As per usual for the series, the exposition flew over my head at times, but at least the atmosphere is nice. Wondering if this will be episodic all the way.
Aug 16, 2019 11:25 PM

Jun 2015
astroprogs said:
CHC said:
It's pretty weird for me to watch a mystery show where everything is basically just made-up magical logic. I mean, I can't see the fun of a detective story if there is no way you can participate in solving the puzzle. Nothing makes you think "oh that's clever!" because everything is ad hoc.

That's a case of what knowledge of the Nasuverse does for enjoying a spin-off.

The moment the daughter Mary said "he was obsessed with eternity" and "Life is too short to reach the Root", I instantly went "Yup, he did it to himself."

There are at least 3 other people in the Nasuverse that did something very similar to themselves to reach the Root and/or other goals that require time that's beyond that of a single human's life span. These are Roa, Zouken, and Wallachia.

You didn't need to know how the made-up magic worked, but you needed to read between the lines and go wilder with your imagination or to just have background into that world.

Now that's very outstanding. I guess my knowledge in the Nasuverse is still lacking a lot. Who are the other 3 people who did that before and what's the root ?

Aug 21, 2019 12:28 PM

Sep 2014
Those english lines are pretty awkward to be honest...
Gray was extra cute when her hood was off hnnngggg.
The ED song was really beautiful too <3
Sep 19, 2019 4:32 AM

Nov 2013
i didn't expect Gray to be a Saber, and she uses a scythe, i love her already just for those 2 things lmao
holy shit the way she fought was so hype!

tbh i'm not a fan of detective animes, i wonder how much i'll enjoy this if it goes that way

GREY. RAVE. CRAVE. DEPRAVE. GRAVE ME. GRAVE FOR YOU!
winddevil1Sep 19, 2019 4:43 AM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 19, 2019 12:33 PM

Aug 2010
winddevil1 said:
tbh i'm not a fan of detective animes, i wonder how much i'll enjoy this if it goes that way

Case Files is actually not a pure detective mystery. It's a spectacle mystery where the viewer is intended to be more invested in the magic and political side than piecing together clues since the clues are based on magic.

They hint at this by saying that the "who" doesn't matter because anyone can be controlled by magic and the "how" is even more irrelevant for the same reason. This isn't what we, the viewers, aren't supposed to focus the most on.

It's the "why" that matters the most. hence "Whydunnit". It's the spectacle of magic and drama of the event.
Oct 11, 2019 1:07 PM

Jul 2015
So ernest dream became his family's tragedy, interesting to see the dark side of the magician world like that

Was pretty suprised seeing Gray looking so much like saber

Dec 27, 2019 7:16 AM

Dec 2018
Hmmm..... whether Waver already realized the resemblance of Gray's face with Arthur or Waver is completely ignorant.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Apr 21, 2020 5:13 AM

Nov 2016
That lesbian plot twist at the end was so unexpected. Good for them tho, good for them nice happily ever after-ish
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Sep 30, 2020 6:35 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A very nice episode! The ED was wonderful and very calming. I did like Gray's character and the weapon is impressive in appearance. The hand holding at the end just struck me as two abused people who are finally free from the abusive manor head. More like a " we are okay now" to me. Everyone rides the same train but we don't all see the same scenery. That's fine and makes it all the better.
Oct 29, 2020 2:25 PM

Apr 2011
What an amazing OP, though!
Apr 24, 2021 8:34 PM

Jan 2010
That English during Gray's fight made me wonder how native German speakers feel about Tohsaka Rin's German chanting. Additionally, "Grave For You" made me think of "Snot For You" from Bobobo. Case Files getting me to recall Bobobo is certainly a feat.
May 23, 2021 2:06 PM

Aug 2017
Time to resume this anime. Why Gray look like Saber? Hmmm

"Nothing is eternal" :(
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 25, 2021 5:53 AM

Apr 2013
That was actually qutie a nice mystery episode. Gray looks a lot like Saber without the hood, guess there has to be one in every Type Moon show haha
Feb 13, 2022 10:55 PM

Sep 2018
Quite a bit more dull than what I was expecting tbh, and the dialogue is a little dumb as well.
Jul 10, 2023 8:17 AM

Nov 2010
I'm not a Magus, yet I wish the Root exists in real life and it's possible to reach it. I can imagine the incredible feeling of poring over all possibilities and events, past, present, and future, of the world. I would enjoy reading about the timeline of when Nazi Germany and the Japanese Empire won WW2. I'm curious how long their regimes would've lasted and what kind of modern world would've come from their rule. I also would've enjoyed seeing the Third Reich last a thousand years. I wish I am immortal so I can read all of that information.

Very relatable episode. I would've done the same thing if given a chance!
Gray kinda looks like Saber, especially with that hairstyle. Is that the reason why she's covering herself with that hood?
Jul 30, 2023 8:26 AM
Jul 2023
Im liking where this show is going.
- Holy crap, this has to be one of my favourite openings
- Mainly just some weird magical Sherlock Holmes stuff this episode, until the end
- The magic in this show is super pretty looking.
- Why does Grey look like saber? Is that why she has to cover up?
- Wow, she's a badass with Add. She did a good job with the Engrish, it sounded pleasing to my ears XD
Dec 15, 2023 1:16 AM

Jan 2017
Did not expect Yuri at the last moment.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Feb 24, 12:05 PM

May 2021
Really unique intro
Kinda like it
Alright ep
Inhales oxygen
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2019

86 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2019

60 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2019

102 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 9:30 AM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

100 by Trinity_07 »»
Jan 21, 4:19 PM

» Does anyone know why it’s called Grace Note?

the7threvival - Sep 7, 2023

3 by the7threvival »»
Sep 8, 2023 1:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.