Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2019 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Zenitsu afraid of spiders.

Looks like we got another Demon Slayer making their appearance this episode. I personally thought they made the episode feel intimidating despite the comedy. (music made the experience better) Zenitsu's personality is still quite amusing imo. He just overreacts so much.

That demon manipulating the spider threads is a crafty monster.
Jul 13, 2019 9:21 AM

Jan 2015
Here we are, Natagumo Mountain Arc begins!

Looking forward to how Zenitsu will handle the spiders left all alone.

Shinobu and Giyuu appears again!

Jul 13, 2019 9:30 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode as always.

Poor Zenitsu. He got left all alone.

Tanjirou being able to figure out the secret behind the spider thread was smart. Wonder how the guys will handle the demon behind it.

Jul 13, 2019 9:32 AM

Feb 2018
If you've got arachnophobia, this was probably an unsettling episode.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jul 13, 2019 9:33 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Hah, Zenitsu reaction to Nezuko and him chasing her and Tanjuro in circles was amusing. xD

I guess this is the start of a new arc, spider demon family? Interesting.
I loved the sequence where Inousuke used his Spatial Detection skill, that was so cool. xD

I hope there's more Zenitsu fights this arc, I wanna see more of his lightning sword skills.
Jul 13, 2019 9:35 AM

Dec 2016
axel360 said:
If you've got arachnophobia, this was probably an unsettling episode.

Wait till more spider demons show up, then the real nightmare begin.
Jul 13, 2019 9:35 AM

Jan 2009
ok at least we will gonna see some higher ranking demon slayers join this fight since there must be some higher ranking demons this time too

Zenitsu needs to sleep already and become a sleepwalker fighter again though

and Inosuke got an awesome sense power too that is spatial awareness and i prefer that more than Tanjiros smell sense and Zenitsus sound sense
Jul 13, 2019 9:46 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Jealousy really can be a potent force lol. Zenitsu's love struck self kinda looks creepy. Still funny how the simple chase escalated. Damm this demon really has been busy in killing the corps members who were sent to take her down. Its nice to meet some new members of the corps. It must be an unnerving experience to be attacked by your allies. Even though they're nothing more than puppets now. Hmm Inosuke's sense ability sure was impressive. An interesting ep that served to not just expand and improve upon the bonds that have been forged between the three but also introduce quite the intriguing group of demons that serve as the trio's next mission objective.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2019 9:46 AM

Sep 2014
Lol Zenitsu was left alone arguing with his sparrow. I'm not surprised we got a demon related to spiders given the japanese folklores or rather it would be a wasted opportunity not having one. Inosuke's ability was pretty convenient for tracking enemies.
Jul 13, 2019 9:49 AM

Apr 2014
Damn spider demons and their puppet silk

Zenitsu as always was funny this episode

Jul 13, 2019 9:52 AM
Sep 2015
Thanks to modern media exposure that everyone, including those who not read the manga, know within 10 seconds that it's spider demon pulling the web everywhere while it takes almost a dozen life for demon killing corps to know who's behind.
Jul 13, 2019 10:00 AM

Jul 2014
Another great ep as always!
This is really striking out to be my favorite shonen show of 2019, Fire Force feels a bit too shounen generic like and Dr.Stone is more on the being smart side with little to no less fighting, then again those 2 only started recently so its too early to judge them.
Tanjiro's one badass MC, smart to boot, he's like an upgraded ver of Deku since Tanjiro isnt nervous all the time and doesnt really have anyone to rely on when push comes to shove, and plus I just love the setting of this series more than MHA and the others.
2019 is a damn blessing for shonen lovers.
Boar dude is getting easier and easier to tolerate but Zenitsu still gets on my nerves sometimes.
Also that Shinobu girl... was that Hayami Saori's voice!?
-StrayJul 13, 2019 10:28 AM
Jul 13, 2019 10:11 AM

Apr 2018
LOL those slayers looked like your Average Isekai Protagonist.
Jul 13, 2019 10:12 AM
Oct 2017
i can really appreciate the ufotable cinematic style here. they actually put the medium to good use and don't just colour in pages from the manga. i haven't read the manga, so i was curious to see how the spatial awareness sequence was originally depicted.

very typical shounen manga, where the power is vaguely drawn and mostly explained in text boxes. if this were mob psycho, one of the characters would just narrate the description from the boxes, a very lazy solution. but the ufotable team is quite smart and there's is no verbal explanation. instead, they opted to show how his power works with a very simple hosoda-esque traveling POV sequence with a neat, simple inverse grayscaling effect. this is how action mangas should be adapted. tachikawa take note.
Jul 13, 2019 10:12 AM

Jul 2013
I'm glad they are finally bringing the Pillars. Giyuu hasn't appeared since the first arc and we still haven't seen the remaining 7 (cause Shinobu has appeared this episode). I'm hyped for this arc.

Also hurray for hot albino spider demon MILF.

Considering the track of the evil demons in this series, she probably will not last long, so gotta enjoy her while I can.

-Stray said:
Yep, she's definitely voiced by Saori Hayami.
Jul 13, 2019 10:20 AM

Jul 2014
Illyricus said:

-Stray said:

I knew my ears weren't playin with me, thanks. This made the anime 10x better in my books already.
Jul 13, 2019 10:24 AM

Oct 2008
Omg I fucking hate Zenitsu! I don't care is he is supposed to be comedic relieve he fucking sucks! Always screaming and moaning about the smallest things. He is really ruining this great anime for me.
Jul 13, 2019 10:28 AM
Apr 2019
They didn't do Shinobu's bug eyes... I
secondgradeJul 13, 2019 10:31 AM
Jul 13, 2019 10:35 AM

Mar 2014
Irondragon said:
Omg I fucking hate Zenitsu! I don't care is he is supposed to be comedic relieve he fucking sucks! Always screaming and moaning about the smallest things. He is really ruining this great anime for me.

Me too. I had this anime rated a 9 until Zenitsu showed up. I have it at 7 now and I'm being generous because I'm still interested in the main plot and the animation is still great, otherwise it'd be a 5. It's honestly a huge disappointment for me how the amazing drama created in the first 10 episodes was completely ruined by this awful comedy. I don't dislike comedy in dramas, mind you, but this comedy just doesn't fit with the original mood the anime set. I'm so disappointed. It was my favorite anime of the season.
Jul 13, 2019 10:43 AM

Oct 2008
justtvalerie said:
Irondragon said:

Me too. I had this anime rated a 9 until Zenitsu showed up. I have it at 7 now and I'm being generous because I'm still interested in the main plot and the animation is still great, otherwise it'd be a 5. It's honestly a huge disappointment for me how the amazing drama created in the first 10 episodes was completely ruined by this awful comedy. I don't dislike comedy in dramas, mind you, but this comedy just doesn't fit with the original mood the anime set. I'm so disappointed. It was my favorite anime of the season.
Couldn't have said it better myself! I agree 100%
Jul 13, 2019 10:49 AM

Apr 2009
So those are the Hashira, Giyu is apparently one of them...and new characters!

Props to Inosuke for showing some sensory skillz!

Five of them? As if one manipulating lots of red shirt Demon Slayers like puppets wasn't bad enough, we have to deal with unknown four more, three of whom hasn't been clearly seen yet.

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 13, 2019 11:13 AM

Jul 2015
Morikawa voicing Ubuyashiki and Hyami voicing Shinobou probably.

Edit apparently yes.

Great cast.

Jul 13, 2019 11:45 AM

Mar 2017
This episode was literally my worst nightmare... as a massive arachnephobe i fully support Zenitsu in his decision to sit this one out haha

Omfg Inosuke's Demon Slaying technique is so fucking awesome! The three combined are gonna be one hell of a team.
Jul 13, 2019 11:50 AM

Mar 2018
:sigh: I guess that means Zenitsu will, unfortunately, stick around, which ruins the show for me quite a bit since he doesn't amuse me at. He is simply annoying. Again a slow episode but at least it looks like it will be the beginning of a new story arc with a new monster. Hope this is better than the last.

On the whole, the story doesn't look like much. Reminded me of one of the early stories from Inyuasha, the demon who used her hair to manipulate people like puppets.
Jul 13, 2019 11:56 AM

Jun 2019
Legit cannot wait for next week bruh, I mean they got us hyped with the new enemies and that breathing skill so next episode should really be filled with like action. Also I believe Zenitsu will save the day again as now he has found a purpose not be afraid as long as he thinks of Nezuko, I honestly think he doesn't need to be asleep in order to draw out his power anymore with the way things are going rn.
Jul 13, 2019 12:20 PM

May 2018
This arc seems better than previous one. I was getting bored of the previous arc. Is the spider one of the juuni thing? Milf spider mom.
Jul 13, 2019 12:23 PM

Oct 2017
I wonder when Zenitsu will fight like he did back then again. Hope he shows his skills again asap. Also gd epi overall thou the pacings a bit slow but still awesome.
Jul 13, 2019 12:59 PM

May 2018
Oh Inosuke and Tanjiro were up against the spider family.

So I guess the lady is a demon while the guy is a human.
Jul 13, 2019 12:59 PM

Jan 2017
Oooh, spatial awareness, I wonder if all demon slayers have a skill -I mean, even Urokodaki had something kinda unique to their abilities; it'd be a bummer otherwise.
Great episode nonetheless, I wonder what's going to happen next weekn
Jul 13, 2019 1:35 PM

Jul 2014
Illyricus said:
hurray for hot albino spider demon MILF.

Yeah, what a sexy spider demon!

Inosuke's ability looked pretty cool.

Also, Saori Hayami <3

SkyLETVJul 14, 2019 7:26 PM
Jul 13, 2019 1:39 PM

Oct 2017
So, i've been waiting for this... 4 episodes ago? or was it 5eps.? I don't even remember anymore...
WTF retarded pacing...

On a positive note - the sparrow kinda grows on me. Who is its VA?
Jul 13, 2019 1:55 PM

Apr 2017
I love this series and every single aspect of it, even the comedy scenes because those were very funny (also, I liked Zenitsu and Inosuke instantly), but the beginning of the episode was not good at all because of the way it was handled...

At least the team moved to their next mission!

The setting of it is pretty interesting. Also, poor guys, having to kill each other while being controlled by that demon. I thought Zenitsu was going to stay out of the mount for the rest of the arc, but he went there just for Nezuko lol. That thing of characters going separate ways in the same place until the end of the arc reminds me a lot to One Piece.

Giyuu finally appears again! He looks like an interesting character. Maybe it's just me, but he looks very ufotable-ish (I'm comparing his design to any Fate characters like Kiritsugu).

Inosuke's ability is OP, but it was only one demon and there are four more to go!

I liked this episode, but I really hate something about it: spiders. Geez, out of every animal or bug that exists in the world, it had to be spiders. That thing caught me off guard! Oh my... And it's not just that! I've read a wiki where it said this arc lasts from manga's chapter 28 to 44, and knowing the number of chapters this anime is adapting per episode, we'll spend half this cour standing spiders. Oh dear...

Looking forward to the next episode btw. I want to see more interactions between Nezuko and Zenitsu, not the one we saw at the beginning tho
No community will be as misunderstood as the furry community. Uh... I guess?
Jul 13, 2019 2:26 PM
Jun 2015
I dont know who's more annoying. The blonde , the boar, or that stupid bird.
Jul 13, 2019 2:41 PM

Nov 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode again.

Hah, Zenitsu reaction to Nezuko and him chasing her and Tanjuro in circles was amusing. xD

I guess this is the start of a new arc, spider demon family? Interesting.
I loved the sequence where Inousuke used his Spatial Detection skill, that was so cool. xD

I hope there's more Zenitsu fights this arc, I wanna see more of his lightning sword skills.

Yeah, the chase at the beginning was really funny.

I'm also up for more badassness from Zenitsu, that would be cool.

But I also have to agree with others that the series became overall less enjyoable since Zenitsu is around. Hope we get out of this "low" soon.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 13, 2019 3:13 PM

Jan 2009
lol looks like Zenitsu is like universally hated i see similar comments about him on other places like HorribleSubs comment section of this show and its fucking toxic battleground there at times
Jul 13, 2019 3:16 PM
Apr 2016
This show is definitely much better at forest backgrounds then the inside of house backgrounds. The whole "we're gonna fight in a small room for 2-3 episodes" was getting pretty claustrophobic.
kevoh1516Jul 13, 2019 3:20 PM
Jul 13, 2019 3:18 PM

Apr 2015
God the characters are so silly at times, it makes for hilarious scenes.

So their next job is to mount Natagumo, where Demon Slayers started killing each other. So it seems a family of 5 spider demons are living there. That sure is gonna be a challenge for the group. Especially since Zenitsu is a scaredy cat and probably won't be of any help so far. I hope he's gonna man up a bit soon.. Also his obsession with girls is ridiculous if you ask me XD

Inosuke showing off his skill, that's a pretty handy skill to have, to be able to locate a Demon like that.
Jul 13, 2019 3:25 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I couldn't help but laugh at the first four minutes of Zenitsu chasing Nezuko and Tanjiro then Inosuke had to get in on the chasing Tanjiro game. Inosuke is my favorite Demon Slayer so far when he displayed his spacial awareness technique. Damn these cliffhangers coming in when the fight was just about to get started. Can't wait until next week.
Jul 13, 2019 3:34 PM
Oct 2013
I love this anime, the adaptation is perfect and it's best running Shounen right now, besides OP.
N.B.: F*** Black Clover.
Jul 13, 2019 3:55 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode. Liked this arc in manga so im ready despite me hating spiders.lol
Jul 13, 2019 3:55 PM

Sep 2010
Another great episode and it's already 15th in the row. Originally the first episode didn't impress me that much and it was mainly because of ufotable putting in work that I continued watching but now, even though the quality remains top notch, be it story, the world setting or the characters this series has everything going for it. I especially like Tanjuro as an MC.

Like this, to me this has slowly became the best shounen of the new age of shounens.
The only reason why I didn't pick up the manga yet is because ufotable is going all out but if the first season ends without announcement of the second one, I'm immediately jumping for it... then again even if there is announcement I might not be able to hold myself back regardless.
Jul 13, 2019 3:58 PM
Aug 2017
Irondragon said:

And Zenitsu is the 2nd most popular character. I don't understand the hate for him. He is funny.
Jul 13, 2019 3:59 PM
Aug 2017
Seeing Shinobu here makes me feel emotional.
Jul 13, 2019 4:26 PM

Jan 2019
This episode reminds me Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Jul 13, 2019 4:45 PM

Mar 2014
All this hate for my boi Zenitsu, understandable but ya'll just gotta put up with him now, he has HUGE development which pays off soon.

He ain't going anyway folk he is and will forever be apart of the main crew ;)
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 13, 2019 4:45 PM

Dec 2012
I didn't like the episode, but the spider demon was cool. I think this is going to be a good arc!
Jul 13, 2019 4:51 PM
Mar 2017
A new mission has arrived for Tanjirou, Inosuke and Zenitsu, the trio of demon slayers must go to Natagumo mountain.

The beginning of the episode was quite funny, the little Nezuko coming out of her box will always melt my heart how adorable she looks, but now poor Nezuko will have to endure the harassment of Zenitsu.
Inosuke surprised me in this episode, I think his brain is doing well thanks to be in the company of Tanjirou and Zenitsu, he learns new things and I hope he stops being a muscle head.
The new demons that the boys have to face I liked a lot, especially the design of these demon spiders family, but I also liked the female demon spider's ability, I like very much the users that can control the enemy like puppets.
I have a bad feeling with the disgusting smell that Tanjirou perceives, he reminded me when he met Kibutsuji Muzan, so maybe in the middle of the demons spiders family there is a member of the twelve demonic moons.
I laughed a lot with the damn Zenitsu in this episode, especially when he was crying because Tanjirou and Inosuke left him alone, in addition to his changing personality.

But what I must emphasize about this episode is that at last we saw another Pilar apart from Giyu, Shinobu is so cute and the VA is Saori Hayami, she is to perfect and I assume that in the episodes that follow from this new arc she will enter combat, I can not stand the anxiety.
Jul 13, 2019 5:11 PM

Dec 2013
Illyricus said:

-Stray said:

Just when I think I couldn't possibly like this show even more, they bring one of my favorites voice actress.
Jul 13, 2019 5:13 PM

Jul 2015
This is still a really weird group, and they don't work well together as a trio at all. BUT AS A DUO, there's something there. At least for now anyways, now that the party has grown, I expect them to naturally begin working together more according to the situation. I look forward to seeing this battle go down.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.