Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jul 14, 3:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3813
Well, if they want to make a generic anime it should be fun at least. There'd be none of that.

Sasori_Nagashi said:
Everything about it is just shit lmao.

Naruto Shinra is troubled because of the demon fox fire powers inside of him that killed his parents. The ninja village the local neighbourhood shunned him over it and called him a demon. He wants to become the hokage everyone looks up to a noteworthy firefighting hero everyone looks up to. His rival is Sasuke Arthur, who he doesn't get along with because all the girls like him.

Generic as fuck. Badly paced as fuck. Failing at all attempts at comedy. Bland character archetypes. Atrocious sound design. Generic edgy character designs. Honestly might be one of the worst big shounen titles of all time from what I've seen so far.


You read my mind lol.
Life has no meaning.
 
Jul 14, 5:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 210
I am beyond astonished that anyone likes this. Not only is the directing and pacing some of the worst I've ever seen in anime, but the story and characters are also so generic and uninspired, it actually hurts. I'm so tired of anime giving me a bunch of characters with one or zero personality traits and expecting me to sympathize with them in any substantial way. What a waste.

When Soul Eater, an anime from over a decade ago, manages to look a trillion times better and more vibrant than this; that's when you know you've failed.
 
Jul 14, 5:34 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 413
BlindSniper said:
This show is something that's been done countless times. Cliches upon cliches with a story that isn't interesting in the slightest.

I watched the first episode because it's rated 8+

But MAL let me down once again... Feel like a bunch of 14 year olds enjoy this type of garbage. Nothing of substance, and it burned out in 1 episode.

They hit the demographic well, but nobody could tell me what is interesting about this show in the slightest. A love interest early on, the guy who's defensive, and the carefree guy. Mix that with the MC who's personality revolves around a loss he caused or what shaped him as a person. Let's add in 20 flashbacks to stress this point as countless other bad shows do. If you eat this up, nothing will change.

Now these things all can work, Dr. Stone is a testament to that. It's a carbon copy of cliches, but they were done properly. Each person was given a proper introduction for their "cliche". They also left them open-ended, so they have an opportunity to be diverse. But in this show, the opposite. No introduction, and it's thrown at you with the force of a thousand suns within the first scene.

The only reason this isn't a 1 is due to a nice budget and somewhat decent animation. 3/10

Wouldn't say its a 3/10, but this was exactly my impression of it. They throw in a traumatic event in the past, and make him overcome and dig deeper into it. Typical cliche shounen character development and plot line imo. I honestly don't think I'll care about the characters at all.
And yet, I've seen hella people treating this anime as if it's the next big thing.
 
Jul 14, 5:57 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 4154
So many whiners in this thread. xD
 
Jul 14, 10:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 290
I also think the direction is lacking. There seem to be many shots or angles that don't make sense. characters talk in odd paces, and the jokes are not that funny or don't work. I wanted to like this because the preview was amazing, but it feels very flat. What a waste. The action scenes look a bit confusing when characters are first beginning the fight, like some blows look okay but others I have no idea what went down.

Also, many shounen manga have fanservice, like whatever, but how am I going to care about a character if all you seem to be showing me is that she has a nice body? even I as a lesbian don't really care, I want to get to know who she is, not whether she has a big chest or not. At least wait until an episode 20 or something where we already know who she is, not at the very beginning.

Also, all thye backstory whit shinra in the first episode didn't really serve its purpose. It didn't manage to sink in with me. Not likely that one will really care about a character that much in the very first episode...
 
Jul 14, 10:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 42
beminim said:
I also think the direction is lacking. There seem to be many shots or angles that don't make sense. characters talk in odd paces, and the jokes are not that funny or don't work. I wanted to like this because the preview was amazing, but it feels very flat. What a waste. The action scenes look a bit confusing when characters are first beginning the fight, like some blows look okay but others I have no idea what went down.

Also, many shounen manga have fanservice, like whatever, but how am I going to care about a character if all you seem to be showing me is that she has a nice body? even I as a lesbian don't really care, I want to get to know who she is, not whether she has a big chest or not. At least wait until an episode 20 or something where we already know who she is, not at the very beginning.

Also, all thye backstory whit shinra in the first episode didn't really serve its purpose. It didn't manage to sink in with me. Not likely that one will really care about a character that much in the very first episode...


I definitely agree with what you said on the backstory. Most other shounen shows dedicate an episode, or at least half of one, to the MC's backstory so there's more time to focus on the weight of the characters past, but ham-fisting it into the middle of a fight scene was a horrible idea. Besides that, it isn't a very compelling backstory to begin with, pretty much as cliche as it gets.
 
Jul 14, 10:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 290
Masutado said:
beminim said:
I also think the direction is lacking. There seem to be many shots or angles that don't make sense. characters talk in odd paces, and the jokes are not that funny or don't work. I wanted to like this because the preview was amazing, but it feels very flat. What a waste. The action scenes look a bit confusing when characters are first beginning the fight, like some blows look okay but others I have no idea what went down.

Also, many shounen manga have fanservice, like whatever, but how am I going to care about a character if all you seem to be showing me is that she has a nice body? even I as a lesbian don't really care, I want to get to know who she is, not whether she has a big chest or not. At least wait until an episode 20 or something where we already know who she is, not at the very beginning.

Also, all thye backstory whit shinra in the first episode didn't really serve its purpose. It didn't manage to sink in with me. Not likely that one will really care about a character that much in the very first episode...


I definitely agree with what you said on the backstory. Most other shounen shows dedicate an episode, or at least half of one, to the MC's backstory so there's more time to focus on the weight of the characters past, but ham-fisting it into the middle of a fight scene was a horrible idea. Besides that, it isn't a very compelling backstory to begin with, pretty much as cliche as it gets.
Yes! I also found it annoying to be within the fight scene. Like you can make generic work but the timing where we were shown basically his whole backstory (or part of, not sure since I don't read the manga) it just feeels like well ok that happened i guess. Like I found him quirky at first but after the backstory and seemingly the reasons behind his motivation, I lost interest in him as a character
 
Jul 14, 11:32 PM
Spiral Warrior

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 137
TsukuyomiREKT said:
So many whiners in this thread. xD


So many people discussing things on a discussion board xD

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
 
Jul 14, 11:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 660
i mean overall i agree
as benimim or whatever his name is said
"
I also think the direction is lacking. There seem to be many shots or angles that don't make sense."

but its the same in monogatari
its funny you guys can complain here, and then give monogatari a good rating
it also uses shit camera angles and shots and its just weird overall

and if you argue that its personal taste then the same can be said here

don't get me wrong, i don't like either of these shows, but thats how it is
you can't complain about one, but praise the other for it

________________________________
ofc this thread had to be from someone with a jojo profile picture
every time xD


would be nice if you could just stop talking shit

TsukuyomiREKT said:
So many whiners in this thread. xD


ikr xD
and look the guy above
a jojo picture
of course xD
Modified by Nim0174, Jul 14, 11:57 PM
You son of a .. turtle

 
Jul 14, 11:56 PM
Spiral Warrior

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 137
Nim0174 said:
ofc this thread had to be from someone with a jojo profile picture
every time xD


would be nice if you could just stop talking shit

TsukuyomiREKT said:
So many whiners in this thread. xD


ikr xD
and look the guy above
a jojo picture
of course xD


Show me on the Tickle Me Elmo doll where the Jojo fans touched you.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
 
Jul 15, 12:38 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 42
Nim0174 said:
i mean overall i agree
as benimim or whatever his name is said
"
I also think the direction is lacking. There seem to be many shots or angles that don't make sense."

but its the same in monogatari
its funny you guys can complain here, and then give monogatari a good rating
it also uses shit camera angles and shots and its just weird overall

and if you argue that its personal taste then the same can be said here

don't get me wrong, i don't like either of these shows, but thats how it is
you can't complain about one, but praise the other for it

________________________________
ofc this thread had to be from someone with a jojo profile picture
every time xD


would be nice if you could just stop talking shit

TsukuyomiREKT said:
So many whiners in this thread. xD


ikr xD
and look the guy above
a jojo picture
of course xD


There wasn't a single instance in all of Monogatari where I was like "Damn, these camera angles detract from the show and the scenes are hard to follow." Not once. There were absolutely some pacing issues in Monogatari, but I never thought the same things I think watching Fire Force. It's not like they directly ripped the Monogatari style of editing and applied it to Fire Force (that would also be pretty bad), it's more like they took that kind of directing, made it 10x jankier, and then applied it to Fire Force.

And I mean clown on me all you want about having a Jojo profile pic, but if I can argue my point, does it really matter what other shows I like?
 
Jul 15, 7:44 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5292
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Everything about it is just shit lmao.

Naruto Shinra is troubled because of the demon fox fire powers inside of him that killed his parents. The ninja village the local neighbourhood shunned him over it and called him a demon. He wants to become the hokage everyone looks up to a noteworthy firefighting hero everyone looks up to. His rival is Sasuke Arthur, who he doesn't get along with because all the girls like him.

Generic as fuck. Badly paced as fuck. Failing at all attempts at comedy. Bland character archetypes. Atrocious sound design. Generic edgy character designs. Honestly might be one of the worst big shounen titles of all time from what I've seen so far.

It wasn't his powers that killed her, Arthur isn't Sasuke at all and they get along fine.
 
Jul 15, 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 268
fst said:
literally unwatchable amirite

is shitty direction gonna be the new catch all phrase that people use when they dislike a show but don't really know why


^ this ^

Fuck character count btw
Talk about character development? I started liking beer.

 
Jul 15, 12:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 290
Wouldn't say it is unwatchable. I will probably drop it if after 5 episodes it doesn't grab me.The direction is an issue but at least for me it is just that it doesn't seem interesting. Generic can be good, but the characters just don't work. I was more hyped during the preview that when I actually watched the show.

Also , am I the only one or some parts of the OP don't go together? Song is amazing but the visuals for the most part don't follow during the first part
 
Jul 15, 4:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 15
Oh thank god, some people agree that this shows directing is awful. The sloppy cuts between shots, combined with poor and terrible pacing, alongside scenes just hanging too long or too short, utterly stilted dialogue, poor gags that don't really go anywhere, and an artstyle that just doesn't hold up.

Overall, this anime is getting a lot of praise for doing very little.
 
Jul 16, 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 780
So is the issue with the pacing supposed to be the rushed backstory? At least they bothered to do any at all, unlike a certain series from last season.
 
Jul 16, 3:31 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 488
ovo4 said:
JudoJD said:
So it's not just me.
They took the SHAFT staff without taking the main reason SHAFT became noteworthy in the first place...THE DIRECTOR
Umm you do know that there is more than 1 directed at shaft right? You do also know that Fire force's series director is a former shaft director right?

(You just keep acting like you don't understand who I'm talking about lol)
Somehow you're the only one who....despite the sentence making it obvious who's being referred t...
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough for you. My bad. I meant to say...THE GOOD DIRECTOR...not a director... Though I'm not for wasting him on a generic battle shounen story..
Modified by JudoJD, Jul 16, 3:58 PM
1.1.Six
 
Jul 16, 4:31 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 39
First half of episode 2 and then the last scene were extremely off-putting. First thing I thought of was that the directing was pretty bad some reason. Like you said the lines of the characters are confusing and there isn't much chemistry going in here. Scenes feel oddly placed and the cuts are very strange. Over all I think the directing took a massive hit this episode, and that's a pretty big shame because the first half of this episode was horrible because of it. Second half was much better despite the last scene.
 
Jul 16, 7:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 12
Masutado said:
It's being done mostly by Shaft, so I came in expecting there to be some quirks in the directing, but my god, this shit is unwatchable at times. The pacing is awful, the comedy never lands (I cringed so hard when they tried to break the 4th wall), the fight scenes have awkward shot composition so it's hard to put together what exactly is happening half the time, there are weird pauses in dialogue everywhere. Even the animation took a hit after just the first episode, which I was expecting, but now everything looks even flatter and more boring than in the first episode. It's just a mess, which I hate to say, as I thought this looked like it had a lot of potential, but after 2 episodes of non-stop jarring directing, I think I'm dropping this. No way I could deal with this for 48 episodes.


Anytime the director tries to do something interesting these people always complain about bad directing.
 
Jul 16, 8:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5156
JudoJD said:
ovo4 said:
Umm you do know that there is more than 1 directed at shaft right? You do also know that Fire force's series director is a former shaft director right?

(You just keep acting like you don't understand who I'm talking about lol)
Somehow you're the only one who....despite the sentence making it obvious who's being referred t...
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough for you. My bad. I meant to say...THE GOOD DIRECTOR...not a director... Though I'm not for wasting him on a generic battle shounen story..
You spoke too late my friend. ;)
Don't bother if you don't know how special effects were done without computers.

 
Jul 16, 8:25 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 42
EmperorKaido said:
Masutado said:
It's being done mostly by Shaft, so I came in expecting there to be some quirks in the directing, but my god, this shit is unwatchable at times. The pacing is awful, the comedy never lands (I cringed so hard when they tried to break the 4th wall), the fight scenes have awkward shot composition so it's hard to put together what exactly is happening half the time, there are weird pauses in dialogue everywhere. Even the animation took a hit after just the first episode, which I was expecting, but now everything looks even flatter and more boring than in the first episode. It's just a mess, which I hate to say, as I thought this looked like it had a lot of potential, but after 2 episodes of non-stop jarring directing, I think I'm dropping this. No way I could deal with this for 48 episodes.


Anytime the director tries to do something interesting these people always complain about bad directing.


I'm all for experimental directing, but just because something is experimental, doesn't mean it's gonna be good. I'd like to think that I can tell the difference between stylistic/experimental directing choices and straight up poor directing, and as far as I can tell, this show's directing falls far in the latter category.
Modified by Masutado, Jul 16, 8:53 PM
 
Jul 17, 1:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 488
Cabron said:
JudoJD said:

(You just keep acting like you don't understand who I'm talking about lol)
Somehow you're the only one who....despite the sentence making it obvious who's being referred t...
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough for you. My bad. I meant to say...THE GOOD DIRECTOR...not a director... Though I'm not for wasting him on a generic battle shounen story..
You spoke too late my friend. ;)

WHAAAAAT??!!! No.. It can't be..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
https://youtu.be/eVTXPUF4Oz4

..
Ha! Mh..Mha..Mwahaha...HAHAHAHAHA! The joke's on you..!
I ALREADY SENT THE D-MAIL!!!.. It said, "Facts don't change over time"((tongue out emoji)) !!
EL PSY KANGAROOOOO
https://youtu.be/QR77Xl5LIW0
Modified by JudoJD, Jul 17, 2:06 AM
1.1.Six
 
Jul 17, 5:03 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2239
SSL443 said:
So is the issue with the pacing supposed to be the rushed backstory? At least they bothered to do any at all, unlike a certain series from last season.


????????? which series is that
 
Jul 17, 5:34 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2239
beminim said:
I also think the direction is lacking. There seem to be many shots or angles that don't make sense. characters talk in odd paces, and the jokes are not that funny or don't work. I wanted to like this because the preview was amazing, but it feels very flat. What a waste. The action scenes look a bit confusing when characters are first beginning the fight, like some blows look okay but others I have no idea what went down.

Also, many shounen manga have fanservice, like whatever, but how am I going to care about a character if all you seem to be showing me is that she has a nice body? even I as a lesbian don't really care, I want to get to know who she is, not whether she has a big chest or not. At least wait until an episode 20 or something where we already know who she is, not at the very beginning.

Also, all thye backstory whit shinra in the first episode didn't really serve its purpose. It didn't manage to sink in with me. Not likely that one will really care about a character that much in the very first episode...


are you referring to the part where she was about to fight ?
 
Jul 17, 5:35 AM
HACHIMANNN
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 3
Your opinion is disrespectful and dumb just shut your mouth and let people enjoy what they want.
 
Jul 17, 5:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 42
omoii1001 said:
Your opinion is disrespectful and dumb just shut your mouth and let people enjoy what they want.


Oof, sorry I offended you I guess. Not gonna stop me from voicing my opinion though, it's the internet, there's always gonna be someone who doesn't like what you like.
 
Jul 17, 6:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2239
basic shaft directing then
 
Jul 17, 9:00 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 347
Nim0174 said:
i mean overall i agree
as benimim or whatever his name is said
"
I also think the direction is lacking. There seem to be many shots or angles that don't make sense."

but its the same in monogatari
its funny you guys can complain here, and then give monogatari a good rating
it also uses shit camera angles and shots and its just weird overall

and if you argue that its personal taste then the same can be said here

don't get me wrong, i don't like either of these shows, but thats how it is
you can't complain about one, but praise the other for it

________________________________
ofc this thread had to be from someone with a jojo profile picture
every time xD


would be nice if you could just stop talking shit

TsukuyomiREKT said:
So many whiners in this thread. xD


ikr xD
and look the guy above
a jojo picture
of course xD
stop acting like a clown please, this show is bland and with your mind set literally no one is allowed to share their opinion if they like certain things that you don't.
Modified by ExodiaX, Jul 17, 9:38 AM
 
Jul 17, 9:46 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 317
I loved the world-building, the concept and I love the soul-eater'ish design, but oh my god the direction (and the writing in general) is a big pile of burning shit.

It is very confusing, a lot of things happening on screen doesn't make sense or are plain stupid.

SSL443 said:
So is the issue with the pacing supposed to be the rushed backstory? At least they bothered to do any at all, unlike a certain series from last season.


It is better to leave the backstory as a mystery than having a very crappy one. The 'at least we got this' is not a good excuse for having something badly made (I'm a big berserk fan and I would have preferred having nothing than the last two anime seasons that I couldn't even finish watching)

Modified by Aredros, Jul 17, 9:51 AM
<img src="http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6832/anigiftus.gif"/>
 
Jul 17, 9:51 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 317
bastek66 said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Everything about it is just shit lmao.

Naruto Shinra is troubled because of the demon fox fire powers inside of him that killed his parents. The ninja village the local neighbourhood shunned him over it and called him a demon. He wants to become the hokage everyone looks up to a noteworthy firefighting hero everyone looks up to. His rival is Sasuke Arthur, who he doesn't get along with because all the girls like him.

Generic as fuck. Badly paced as fuck. Failing at all attempts at comedy. Bland character archetypes. Atrocious sound design. Generic edgy character designs. Honestly might be one of the worst big shounen titles of all time from what I've seen so far.

It wasn't his powers that killed her, Arthur isn't Sasuke at all and they get along fine.


IMO THE PROBLEM with the show is not that it is generic (it is, but that's not an issue always), some times a cliche well managed or subverted can be great, the problem is that the writing is bad, the writer is just filling tropes instead of having the characters really interact as people would interact between themselves and the world around them.
<img src="http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6832/anigiftus.gif"/>
 
Jul 17, 10:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5156
JudoJD said:
Cabron said:
You spoke too late my friend. ;)

WHAAAAAT??!!! No.. It can't be..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
https://youtu.be/eVTXPUF4Oz4

..
Ha! Mh..Mha..Mwahaha...HAHAHAHAHA! The joke's on you..!
I ALREADY SENT THE D-MAIL!!!.. It said, "Facts don't change over time"((tongue out emoji)) !!
EL PSY KANGAROOOOO
https://youtu.be/QR77Xl5LIW0
Nice!
Hopefully it isn't treated as spam...
Don't bother if you don't know how special effects were done without computers.

 
Jul 17, 1:46 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 39
JudoJD said:
ovo4 said:
Umm you do know that there is more than 1 directed at shaft right? You do also know that Fire force's series director is a former shaft director right?

(You just keep acting like you don't understand who I'm talking about lol)
Somehow you're the only one who....despite the sentence making it obvious who's being referred t...
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough for you. My bad. I meant to say...THE GOOD DIRECTOR...not a director... Though I'm not for wasting him on a generic battle shounen story..
What good director would you be referring to (there are more than 1 good directors at shaft)? If are referring to Akiyuki Shinbo, his role in shaft shows is more of a managerial one rather than a creative one so once again your statement needs further clarification
 
Jul 17, 1:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 780
Aredros said:
but oh my god the direction (and the writing in general) is a big pile of burning shit.

Can you give a specific example? I don't really disagree, but I'm curious why other people think so.
 
Jul 18, 9:18 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 317
SSL443 said:
Aredros said:
but oh my god the direction (and the writing in general) is a big pile of burning shit.

Can you give a specific example? I don't really disagree, but I'm curious why other people think so.


The chraracters are not congruent between what they do/say, they are just filling a trope. so the interactions feel empty, you don't see any kind of enjoyable interaction between characters, also, there are no details about the work they do, nothing about the stategiest and methods to fight infernals and fire, the tools or uniforms, or the world (they do explain one or two things, but badly) it is not inmersive at all.

I'll take one particular scene, when they get inside the house where the infernal is: They do not act just after seeing it (no preparation, just standing there in front of him) that is not that terrible, but its starting. The chief starts philosophing about life and seeing the portraits while there is a man burning in front of him. The protagonsit who is supposed to be a fireman who wants to be the best that ever was starts doubting out of the blue (having doubts and crisis about something is not bad, but there is no preparation for this, he just felt bad because the infernal was sitting in front of him) and didn't want to kill him (just for the sake of making him fill the trope).

And it really pains me to say all this because the concept had A LOT of potential, how cool would have been this thing in the hands of someone really capable of writing.
<img src="http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6832/anigiftus.gif"/>
 
Jul 22, 3:19 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 4
fst said:
literally unwatchable amirite

is shitty direction gonna be the new catch all phrase that people use when they dislike a show but don't really know why


He literally gave blatant examples of the bad direction he was referring to, it seems like he knows explicitly why he doesn't like the show. Do you know what "catch all" means or are you just talking out of your ass?
 
Jul 22, 3:28 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 4
Slimcoder said:
Masutado said:


It'd be stupid as hell if threads simply voicing an opinion weren't allowed. Anyway, shows very rarely make comebacks from poor starts. I'd say 9 times out of 10, if a show has something bad about it that persists the first 2 or 3 episodes, that problem will probably last the entire show unless it's a several 100 episode show or it's being split up into several seasons. This show is running for 48 episodes straight, at least for its first season, and I seriously doubt any creative or directing decisions are going to change until the show is over.

I forget who made the video, but I remember seeing a big anituber make a video saying that the 3 episode rule doesn't exist and if a show has a shit first episode, the show is almost guaranteed to be shit through and through. So far, that philosophy has done me wonders in avoiding wasting my time watching bad shows.


Actually you could already voice your opinions........ in the actual episode threads. This is just complaining. Its funny really when someone makes a whole thread just to announce they are dropping a show.

Even then I don't find this show particularity terrible or a poor start to begin with which is why this whole thing is superfluous.


Its even funnier when snowflakes go onto other peoples threads just to whine and complain about the topic of discussion, instead of just letting the thread die.

Lol you gonna cry? Gonna piss your pants maybe?
 
Jul 22, 3:31 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 4
Aredros said:
SSL443 said:

Can you give a specific example? I don't really disagree, but I'm curious why other people think so.


The chraracters are not congruent between what they do/say, they are just filling a trope. so the interactions feel empty, you don't see any kind of enjoyable interaction between characters, also, there are no details about the work they do, nothing about the stategiest and methods to fight infernals and fire, the tools or uniforms, or the world (they do explain one or two things, but badly) it is not inmersive at all.

I'll take one particular scene, when they get inside the house where the infernal is: They do not act just after seeing it (no preparation, just standing there in front of him) that is not that terrible, but its starting. The chief starts philosophing about life and seeing the portraits while there is a man burning in front of him. The protagonsit who is supposed to be a fireman who wants to be the best that ever was starts doubting out of the blue (having doubts and crisis about something is not bad, but there is no preparation for this, he just felt bad because the infernal was sitting in front of him) and didn't want to kill him (just for the sake of making him fill the trope).

And it really pains me to say all this because the concept had A LOT of potential, how cool would have been this thing in the hands of someone really capable of writing.


I'll have to agree with you. The manga isnt any better. Such an amazing concept, made mediocre by poor writing. But thats Okubo for ya.
 
Jul 22, 3:50 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 4154
Some of the "criticism" in this thread is hilariously bad.
 
Jul 22, 4:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 357
Kellakill said:
Slimcoder said:


Actually you could already voice your opinions........ in the actual episode threads. This is just complaining. Its funny really when someone makes a whole thread just to announce they are dropping a show.

Even then I don't find this show particularity terrible or a poor start to begin with which is why this whole thing is superfluous.


Its even funnier when snowflakes go onto other peoples threads just to whine and complain about the topic of discussion, instead of just letting the thread die.

Lol you gonna cry? Gonna piss your pants maybe?


I don't know, laugh at your "attempts" at insulting me? They aren't very good after all.
I used to be a watchmaker.
 
Jul 22, 4:09 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 17
What are you talking about the anime looks awesome i absolute enjoy it so far
 
Jul 24, 4:49 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 488
Slimcoder said:
Kellakill said:


Its even funnier when snowflakes go onto other peoples threads just to whine and complain about the topic of discussion, instead of just letting the thread die.

Lol you gonna cry? Gonna piss your pants maybe?


I don't know, laugh at your "attempts" at insulting me? They aren't very good after all.

(the meme.. the meme) Is it really an insult when it's true though?..cough
1.1.Six
 
Jul 24, 4:56 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 488
ovo4 said:
JudoJD said:

(You just keep acting like you don't understand who I'm talking about lol)
Somehow you're the only one who....despite the sentence making it obvious who's being referred t...
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough for you. My bad. I meant to say...THE GOOD DIRECTOR...not a director... Though I'm not for wasting him on a generic battle shounen story..
What good director would you be referring to (there are more than 1 good directors at shaft)? If are referring to Akiyuki Shinbo, his role in shaft shows is more of a managerial one rather than a creative one so once again your statement needs further clarification

Oh my God you're serious..
Don't hurt yourself over it. If you don't know you don't know.It's OK buddy.
1.1.Six
 
Jul 24, 6:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5160
One of the very few shows to actually has a decent direction this season. I watched around 15 first eps this summer I guess (???) and this is the only series that made me want to watch the second. But maybe I'm too old-school and I just can't stand todays animes, I don't know. For me, the anime industry has been consistently going down season after season since 2004/2005, so...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
 
Jul 24, 8:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 357
JudoJD said:
Slimcoder said:


I don't know, laugh at your "attempts" at insulting me? They aren't very good after all.

(the meme.. the meme) Is it really an insult when it's true though?..cough


That supposed to be a meme? Huh memes really are dumb.
I used to be a watchmaker.
 
Jul 24, 9:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 187
You’re just not used to it
 
Jul 24, 11:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 39
JudoJD said:
ovo4 said:
What good director would you be referring to (there are more than 1 good directors at shaft)? If are referring to Akiyuki Shinbo, his role in shaft shows is more of a managerial one rather than a creative one so once again your statement needs further clarification

Oh my God you're serious..
Don't hurt yourself over it. If you don't know you don't know.It's OK buddy.
And if your comment is too vague then it's just too vague. If you want to stare your opinion and be taken seriously then try to be as cleat as possible. Otherwise you're just making it look like you don't know what you're talking about
 
Jul 24, 1:00 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 49
This show is as worst as soul eater,but this place likes to ciclejerk about taste and preferences,because no one like to hear the true about the show they liked and so desperately trying to defend like a bunch of little kids.
 
Jul 24, 1:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 49
Sorry for my bad English,but this place is worst at arguments as any forum in existence.
 
Jul 24, 4:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 81
Lordbadface said:
This show is as worst as soul eater,but this place likes to ciclejerk about taste and preferences,because no one like to hear the true about the show they liked and so desperately trying to defend like a bunch of little kids.

But the thing is preferences with logic has right to win. Every taste and view shows persons' development level. And the logic of a taste comes from the improvement and depth the art gives you. This anime has no speciality as like as Soul Eater. Colors are only used to add aesthetics with no meaning in theese animes..
Modified by Ignoramus-, Jul 24, 4:05 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ _Open to criticism._ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jul 24, 7:46 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 54
I'm seriously impressed about how stupid those "critics" are.
 
Top
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

Preview MangaManga Store