Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2019 5:33 PM
Aug 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great ending to this anime.
Jul 14, 2019 2:17 AM

Jun 2017
What they don't show you after the kiss at the end is how brutally the other guys just fuck him up

that aisde, it's obviously a little silly if you think about it.

You still have this horrific madoka-styled ecosystem of souls going on, but hey - lucky you - you happened to gain favor of the thousand year old witch queen loli! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but at the end of the day you don't exactly watch Majimoji Rurumo for its story, lol (you watch it for rurumo). It's adequate as a very satisfying source of cloture for a nostalgia box from 2014, and im ok w/ that
Jul 17, 2019 2:24 AM

May 2015
...and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said. (Majimoji Rurumo, 2019)

The kiss at the end was cute.
I wonder why I gave this anime a 6/10 back in 2014. But to be honest, this is one of those shows you watch and forget. I barely remembered any of the characters.
This wrap-up was well made and threw a lot of info which I liked. I love it when I get to see endings for shows. 8/10
Jul 25, 2019 8:01 AM

Oct 2017
Wow he was brought back to life,Im so glad for them. They were reunited together and he even confessed his feelings.The last scene where they kiss was so unexpected , I mean i totally thght that Rurumo was gonna stay at the witch world but she came back and they even kissed.A really great end to a gd show.I love to see happy ends like this. Also lol ofc the loli was the witch queen and she even brought him back to life as thnx for saving her life.
Jul 27, 2019 3:05 PM

Aug 2014
SO this marks the end of the whole story in the manga right?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jul 31, 2019 5:48 AM

Jul 2014
These two episodes were really unexpected after such a long time, but it was a nice ending to the series. Sure, we're glossing over the whole fucked up magic system here, but that's not massively important when the focus is more on Kouta and Rurumo's relationship anyway.
Aug 1, 2019 3:03 AM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
Meh, so they tried to fit the last volume of the first manga + the entire sequel within 2 episodes. As expected they ended up skipping almost everything, and altered stuff in the parts they adapted too.

I don't want to call this an "adaptation," but I guess it was a decent and enjoyable closure nonetheless. Considering how short it was, they wrapped things up pretty well. But I really like this series, so I was hoping for a little more.
Aug 9, 2019 6:22 AM

Dec 2016
Give me back my 55 mins..
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Oct 2, 2019 3:04 PM

Oct 2012
Well, this was really satisfying ending, everything clicked well together after previous ep. In fact this two-ep ova can be watched pretty much standalone.

I watched the series some 5 years ago and this was actually better ending than I would hope for (in fact that series was pretty average type of show back then). But in the current era of open-ended or never-concluded series one learns to apprecial such well-done blasts from past. This this was actually pretty nice old school type conclusion. Kinda like RELife OVA. I liked it.

8/10
Feb 14, 2020 4:25 AM

Jan 2011
It was fine, but lacks quite a bit of impact when I saw the anime so long ago. Should have came a few years earlier. I was hoping for some more slice of life hijinks too.
Mar 2, 2020 10:07 AM

Dec 2018
This felt very similar to the Papakiki OVA I've seen a few days earlier. A fairly ambitious OVA for the 2010s and a good ending for an otherwise mediocre series.
May 3, 2020 1:38 PM

Oct 2017
“She used to be my sister!”
(proceeds to make out in front of entire class)
Dec 8, 2020 6:30 PM

Jan 2020
I don’t think the series was bad, but it was just ok. I liked Rurumo, but it kinda sucked that she didn’t actually confess to him. Anyway this OVA was all over the place, and had basically no comedy unfortunately.
Jul 1, 2021 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
Well a happy end for them but... isn't their system still kinda fucked? I mean they need human souls to cast magic and it did not sound like they were gonna stop doing that lol
Nov 19, 2022 2:51 PM

Apr 2013
This world raises so many questions... You have to kill somebody and use his soul afterwords to cast magic? hwtat?!
May 16, 2023 9:54 AM

Aug 2014
WOW, I remember watching this anime when it was airing weekly back in Summer 2014. 

I NEVER knew that this anime got an OVA (or two) five years after it ended on 2019. WOW, I never expected that, since usually OVA/special episodes for non-mainstream/popular animes are released max within two years after the final episode airs and then the anime is basically forgotten. 

These two OVA episodes were nice and it gives a finale to the anime (not that it needed it).  The romance came a bit out of nowhere for me this OVA. 

But it was enjoyable for what it was. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majimoji Rurumo: Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion

el_AmoSupremo - Jul 12, 2019

4 by Gator »»
Jul 1, 2021 11:43 AM

» Majimoji Rurumo New Anime

marconii2002 - Sep 20, 2018

30 by -ShadowClaw- »»
Jul 10, 2019 5:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.