Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 14, 2019 3:07 AM

Jan 2019
Looks like a gem, the score doesn't reflect it yet.
Jul 14, 2019 6:20 AM

Jul 2019
Much better than episode 1. Actual explanations and more proper character introductions. I'm starting to actually like this show now. Hopefully it doesn't become a convoluted clusterfuck.
Jul 14, 2019 4:26 PM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
I enjoyed that there was explanation and some character development in this episode. I didn’t like Fukami trying to get her to quit the Granbelm war. She was very persistent and it was annoying. Also, why did it matter if the world found out because who would believe her and what would people even do about it. Mangetsu Is dumb for her reasoning for letting people use her.
Jul 14, 2019 4:26 PM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
I enjoyed that there was explanation and some character development in this episode. I didn’t like Fukami trying to get her to quit the Granbelm war. She was very persistent and it was annoying. Also, why did it matter if the world found out because who would believe her and what would people even do about it. Mangetsu Is dumb for her reasoning for letting people use her. I am curious as to why her mind wasn’t wiped.
Jul 14, 2019 5:12 PM

Jul 2015
Yuri-Crusader said:
My precious angel Mangetsu is waking up ,, She is sleeping nude in her new girlfriends bed!!!!!...YES!!!!!!!,,,Very good start and glad to see that my lesbian couple already sleeps nude together,,so fucking glad,,,,After that awesome start my girl need to find a excuse why she didn't come home, instead spending the night naked in bed with her girlfriend!!!!,,,,YEEEES!!!!!,,Then they go up to her room for some more lesbian fun,,,,,,,and lesbian wrestling,,

The rains fall heavily in the dark night,,,Only to be light up by some lonely streetlights!!A female is getting yelled at and then cast out,,,Anime!!! She is a female and she may not be waifu!!!,,,,, But she still belongs to me!!!! She is a lesbian and have girlfriend!!!And she is crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,We are going to have a fucking problem because of this!!!!

And the next scene!!! No anime stop it!!! Don't show me my waifus cute school girl uniform when i'm angry at you!!!! you asshole!!!!t That have to take a price or something!!! Never seem such adorable uniforms!!! And i just want to eat does girls up!!!,, They look delusions,, My angels are so pretty!!!

And we having a serious incidence at the marked, a background male is close to one of my females!!!!!,,,ANIME!!!! Shame on you!!!!! She is mine!!! Leave her alone!!!! She is married already to another female!!! The wedding was fucking awesome,,And you where not invited!!! Now piss off from her,, You filthy animal!!!!!!!!!

We having troublesome scenes at the school!!! And i start the get very agitated to say the lest!!!!!,,,, My precious angel say the saddest of things that breaks my heart!!! And I start planing a brutal vengeance on a stupid anime!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,The outside is in full blooming pedals are flying in the wind my angel what to say something,,, Then she is interrupted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,The end!!!!!!!!

For male being to close and harassing my background lesbian points of,,,,That combine with crying random lesbian females is one point!!!,,,,,,, And one points off for the word that come out from my precious diamonds mouth,,,Anime the females are mine!!!! ALL of them belong to me!!!!!,,,You cant mess with them however you damn please!!!!,,,,,,,Do whatever you want with gross males!!! The story and all the rest!!!! But you leave my girls alone you freak!!!! You had 7/10 for messing with my girls ,,,Your stupid ass now have 5/10 ,,,,,,I'm utterly disappointed in you!!!!,,,Be ashamed of yourself and your behaviour!!!,,,,,This is a disgrace!!!,,,,,Now you go and stand in the corner of shame!!!!! And think about what you have done!!!!,,,,I don't even want to look at you anymore!!!!

Only reason why you have points at all,,,,,,,, Its because well my waifus waked up naked in her new girlfriends bed,,,,Next time more Yuri!!! And the other shit i don't wanna hear about it in the future!!! Anime tone it down!!!If you keep attacking my angels we are going to have a problem!!!!!It fucking ends now!!!!

AH... AH... OH MY GOD... THIS IS AMAZING... MY DUDE... Your comments never cease to truly amaze me.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 14, 2019 6:01 PM

Mar 2013
i like this episode. giving us info about the history of granbelm and also Mangetsu. seems that she's also an OP character base on the magic she's showing.
Jul 15, 2019 4:13 AM

Dec 2018
Thank you so kindly,,,Until all males are gone from anime my crusade continue!!! My voice will be heard over the masses,,,,Some will curse me!! Some will bless me!!!! But the crusade will continue until victory is won!!! And all that will remain are the Lesbians!!!,,,I'm just a simple crusader carrying out the word and the will of the Lesbian Goddesses!!!!

BarnaldJul 16, 2019 7:30 AM
Jul 15, 2019 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
Ok, I really love the atmosphere of the second episode, watched it with interest. In fact they didn't show sth eccentric or memorable but all they made is absolutely right, it's hard to explain why Granbelm hooks me so much but it's fact.

The only strange sense about Madoka-like temperances (and even appearance) of the main characters, it's weirdo. I hope that Granbelm's story will be self-sufficient in future cause I'm interested in this show
Jul 15, 2019 9:08 AM

Jul 2016
I can't unsee Madoka and Homura hahahaha
Jul 16, 2019 7:41 PM

Jan 2011
damn MC is a real ass character ,hopefully this show doesn't try to follow madoka too closely since we are in post post madoka world people need to stop chasing that and try something different( like at least it has mech's )

can say will be less likely to drop this compared to other shows this season
Jul 16, 2019 10:07 PM
Jan 2019
Mangetsu, I was a little disappointed as a character, when she said that she had nothing. I do not like when the protagonists sink into misfortune for such insignificant things. She has a serious self-esteem problem.
For that reason, I prefer Shingetsu, thinks in a mature way about the use of magic, besides, it has its adorable side 😁. I hope she wins the Granbelm.
Jul 16, 2019 11:23 PM
Sep 2016
So, it's Fate but everyone is Illya and summon mecha instead of servant.
It's okay so far, the characters are good but the fights and mecha aren't fantastic, seems like it has potential tho, plus there's no grail war in Lord El Melloi II so I guess this will do instead.
Jul 17, 2019 1:11 AM

Oct 2017
I think that drop this is the best option for me
Jul 18, 2019 1:41 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I had mixed feelings on last episode since I couldn't figure out what was going on with the action, so I had some doubt on whether to continue or not. I mean, I like magical girls, but I only decided to watch it due to friend's recommendation. I'm gonna give this three episodes or else I'll drop since I'm busy with other things and other stuff to read and watch...

Anyway, this episode was kinda okay. There were some good scenery, good music, and some interesting parts with magic being introduced which I hope will be shown into more detail soon...

There was one scene in particular that stood out to me though.
ci_nagaoka said:
Anyone else sensed this Madoka vibe when Mangetsu said she was useless and stuff? It reminded me of the first conversations between Madoka and Homura in the beginning of the series. I have a good feeling about Granbelm, let's see how it goes. =D

Yes, I definitely was reminded of Madoka's comments about herself. However, if I remember correctly, she was saying how useless she was and how getting magical powers might give herself meaning to Mami, not Homura, in the third episode.

Nitpicking on quote aside, I really feel like this is going to be another "dark and edgy magical girl" show with that nod to Madoka. I mean, the first episode already gave me that idea with the other girls angrily screaming and fighting, but something tells me this is gonna be a show that's trying to Madoka fans, like Yuki Yuna...
Not sure if I like that or not, but hey, at least the ending of this episode had some really interesting visuals. Still not sure if I'm completely sold on this series yet, so I'll have to wait for the next episode......
Jul 19, 2019 4:06 PM
Mar 2019
I'm already hooked on this Anime i Love Erensta and Mangetsu there good characters and interesting ones i really feel bad for Mangestu she does the things she does so people will notice her and say thank you i do hope we find out what Anna Meant about Mangetsu being a demon i don't know she said that to fuck with Erensta or not. but i do wonder if Ernesta will help Mangetsu with her magic and if they work together to win Granbelm

i'm only one getting Yuri Vibes from this show and the one who ships Ernesta and Mangestu cause i already ship it
Jul 20, 2019 5:22 AM

Apr 2018
Laughed how she wore a grade school bag. Looks like we met our main villain
Jul 20, 2019 11:10 AM

Apr 2012
Luxeraph said:
LILIES! Lilies everywhere, can they be more on the nose about being a yuri anime?

Also guys don't worry about the score, you'll soon find that most of the time is useless that gives crap like kenja no mago a 6.9 and good stuff like YU-NO a 6.3.

MaahHeim said:
They had to choose lilies huh. Does this mean "We'll queerbait you guys to death" or "They're gay", I wonder. Not a bad episode.

Lilies also mean feminine innocence and purity. But, this is the original all-female anime, I do not know what the intentions of the authors were. In any case, the official illustrations were pretty teasing.
Jul 20, 2019 12:10 PM

Oct 2012
RobertBobert said:
Luxeraph said:
LILIES! Lilies everywhere, can they be more on the nose about being a yuri anime?

Also guys don't worry about the score, you'll soon find that most of the time is useless that gives crap like kenja no mago a 6.9 and good stuff like YU-NO a 6.3.

MaahHeim said:
They had to choose lilies huh. Does this mean "We'll queerbait you guys to death" or "They're gay", I wonder. Not a bad episode.

Lilies also mean feminine innocence and purity. But, this is the original all-female anime, I do not know what the intentions of the authors were. In any case, the official illustrations were pretty teasing.

They were indeed. And I didn't know lilies meant that too, thanks for enlightening me.
Jul 20, 2019 12:17 PM

Apr 2012
@MaahHeim The subtlety is that lilies are used as a symbol of yuri, because initially platonic female bonds, and then lesbian relationship were associated with female purity and youth. Compare with the French lesbian society of the 18th century, which was called "the union of those who never marry".

But, I didn’t watch the opening and I don’t know the intentions of the authors, so maybe this is really “hey guys, this will be a yuri show!”, Lol.
Aug 3, 2019 10:49 PM
Jan 2017
Granbelm wasn't exactly at the top of my anime watchlist, but now that I've watched two episodes, I might give it a chance to shine. After the first episode's spectacular action, this episode focuses more on relationships and character moments, especially between Mangetsu and Shingetsu. The choice to become a mage is not easy for Mangetsu, who admits she has been coasting through life and sees magic as an opportunity for self-improvement. Unfortunately, Shingetsu is more cynical and thinks that Mangetsu is not cut out to be a mage. Also, that girl Anna has a personal history with Shingetsu and shapes up to be the closest thing the show has to a primary antagonist. This episode wasn't bad, but it was a bit of a letdown. Hopefully, the next episodes will be better.
Sep 26, 2019 12:18 PM

Jan 2015
Oh my, this was a great episode

20 minutes flew by
Mar 16, 2020 8:35 AM

Nov 2019
Better than the first episode.
Apr 20, 2020 2:59 PM

Feb 2020
This episode was definitely better than the first one as we finally got introduced to what should have already been established.
However, I still can't help but feel like I've already seen everything. There's the mc who can't do anything in her world but for some reason can do the magical stuff even though she, as far as she knows, isn't related to it, the cold raven haieed girl, the rival who tries to stop the mc from sympathizing with the black haired girl, all that...
I must admit though, I didn't expect Mangetsu to be this type of character, I thought she would be the typical optimist girl. Guess they managed to surprise me on that level.
Also, as much of an archetype as she is, I like Shingetsu, she is pretty fun to watch. Mangetsu is too, but I wish they didn't give her the pink hair and high-pitched voice. If they didn't give her the typical genki girl looks, I think I would've been able to appreciate her more and take her more seriously.
The last scene of this ep also gave me pretty strong Madoka vibes, at some point I almost expected Puella in Somnio to start playing (not to mention how the school looks similar to Madoka's), I wonder what it will lead to.
FafetteApr 21, 2020 12:36 AM
Sep 22, 2020 2:45 AM

Feb 2017
Hm, this definitely grounded me a lot more in the show; much stronger than the first. I’m a lot more invested in our main duo, even if I feel like I’ve seen that exact same argument before between a certain pink haired and black haired magical girl. (I do hope this show can step into its own though; there’s a fine line between taking inspiration and regurgitating and the core conflict here felt a little bit past it. There’s still plenty of room to develop away from that, so I’m not actually too worried yet.)
Apr 7, 2021 7:28 AM

Feb 2020
Definitely more calm episode than the first one. This time we got some character introductions and explanations about lots of stuff.

SerafosDec 20, 2023 12:39 AM
Aug 28, 2021 7:45 PM

Feb 2014
I'm glad we had this episode. The last episode was pretty intense, and it was good to learn more about what exactly is happening. That being said, the magic mecha action was cool and I want mooooore!!

Shingetsu was talking about how magic disturbs fate/the way things are supposed to go, I wonder if that's gonna be a theme throughout the series

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

77 by 5hadow17 »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:57 AM

» Beauty..... so undderated.........

Ghefira - May 5, 2023

1 by NerdyMemer »»
May 6, 2023 2:55 AM

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

79 by Ten »»
Dec 28, 2022 8:42 AM

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2019

87 by Noodle070 »»
Aug 29, 2021 4:57 AM

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

47 by Noodle070 »»
Aug 29, 2021 4:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.