Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 21, 2020 7:50 AM

Oct 2016
If I watched the first season when it came out, I would have surely missed this show so much. That's what I felt when I started this season, it feels good.

What a start though, a fucking bar fight Apollo Familia are bitches. I had the biggest dumb smile though when Bell and Ais where dancing, like that was good as hell.

And I definitely like this seasons OP way more than the first season, and it looks like Mikoto will be joining the party, yes more party members.

I'll watch sword oratoria after this season I guess, just before season 3.
Sep 29, 2020 8:51 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
No different. Its still my annoying boyyah, Bell kun! All of sudden Welf got announcement, he levelled up his rank! Then, ah, yes, another minor commotion involved Bell and his party mates. However, its not so little. Because its impact a lot with their plot in the future! A war game! An intrigueing to snatch my boy from my loli big oppai kami sama Familia. Damn, you Apollo. You were so smart, and so crafted with those kind of situations by taking a chance of that commotional into his own benefit. Damn god!

So, yeah, thats the story, then. Its still the same Danmachi. Freya still a beautiful lady, she caught my attention in the middle of the dance scene. Lol with her line to bring the Minotaur to wreck a havoc at the party. Its really appreciated if her familia member did that! Everything else? Still funny, Hermes always did something crazy to supported my boy. And his right hand, ah, she was indeed stunned me too!

Overall this is a fine episode, as always to be pointed out at my bottom level of satisfaction. The cliche Bell seemed to hold some different personality by taking a challenge too much, yeah his sudden rage that brought him into that situations. So, yeah, lets how damn the game would impact to his character development. I hopefully not wanting some fast pace style, knewing the episode held less episodes than before. Because i really want to see the progression my boy had on his adventurous journey, right?
badabassSep 29, 2020 8:55 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 12, 2020 10:53 PM

Feb 2019
The animation quality is better, but it still has that quirkiness that the last season had. It feels cleaner and more refined.

Hermes is such a good wingman. I have to really give props to his VA-- love his exaggerations of certain words; it just makes it so much better. On the other hand, Apollo is such a little shit. He's one of those drama-loving, entitled fucks that love picking on those that don't have much. Despicable, really. I really hope Bell kicks his shit in and puts him in his place. Though, I don't really see that happening, considering there's that one dude with the weird hair that beat up Bell on their team. Maybe all the friends from Take's, Loki's, and more god's familias will team up to help him take down Apollo? That'd be so satisfying.

Aiz is still a dumbed-down-emotions version of Saber. If she had a bit more emotion, she'd be a much better candidate in my opinion for Bell, but it's alright.

Hestia is still Best-ia!
Oct 19, 2020 11:53 AM

Dec 2010
Decent reintroduction, some some proper winging from Hermes and Miach and hilarious catfighting between Hestia and Loki. It's a bit of a shame that Bell is going to these lengths for a plank of wood though.

Did they really give Bete the VA of Accelerator? It's kinda cringe associating similar-looking/behaving characters through the same VA.

Panzer92 said:
Solid first episode... but the hell is with that antagonist? He seems like he came straight out of SAO.
Right? Too bad Bell is Bell, I would love to see a proper MC embarrassing Apollon in front of all his guests. Things seem to be going bad as they are anyway.
Oct 24, 2020 6:49 AM

Sep 2018
We start immediately with the action and this may suggest that the new season wants to follow the steps glimpsed in the previous season, which saw the character of Bell take the character of Ais as an example to improve himself until he reaches it, but the script immediately denies this certainty that is created in the viewer, with the plot that opens a narrative arc with a context other than the dungeon. Another point that makes the narrative clear is that what has been seen in the past is not to be taken for granted as regards the Families: they are in competition with each other and it will be seen with that of Apollo. Interesting the abundance of new characters right from the start, Bell knows Freya and Loki. The comedy is so great, so even Freya manages to be comical, wow! The impression one gets of Apollo is wrong until the ending arrives in which he is described as a depraved, even if the facial mimicry at that juncture at the end of the episode is a bit exaggerated and very scenic, the atmosphere is a bit too much on the comic and turns out to be not very serious in the eyes of the viewer. The return of characters not seen much in the previous season stimulate the imagination, who knows if they will be part of the new stories or will only make appearances. Drawings and animations, excellent quality, I like the opening and the OST. Ah, I just wanted to add that even if only at the beginning, but the narrative does not fail to emphasize the growth of Bell as a character both in the role of adventurer and as a simple person, in which his defects remain those that the viewer, despite himself, he had to endure throughout the first season and other animated adaptations of the "DanMachi" saga; excellent this shrewdness on the part of the animated adaptation, I like it!
Nov 21, 2020 3:09 AM

Aug 2017
Time to continue DanMachi, I only watched the first season, no Sword Oratoria, OVA or movie, maybe later. The first season was average and I heard terrible stuff about this season so I'm going to be tolerant...that means to not get angry as long it makes sense.

That kid was really annoying, i'm glad Crozzo put him in his place. Old faces are back! I liked Bell dancing with Ais. I've forgotten a few minor side characters but my memory is still good.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 19, 2020 11:23 PM

Apr 2019
Good first episode, Ais still looks as good as ever. fuck that scoundrel Apollo. Unluckily for him and his Familia aren't the main characters of this anime so he's definitely losing.

Jul 19, 2021 12:59 PM

Apr 2013
Hermes is a true bro, best wingman confirmed. I loved this episode except for the ending, already so much drama in the first episode is a bit too much for me.
Apr 11, 2022 4:33 AM

May 2020
Well it's the start of second season and again i got reminded how i really don't like some certain characters in this series. Though this season right off the bat gave us a few new entries to it, that god Apollo and his crew. Not a fan of this ugly drama tbh.
Jun 28, 2022 6:00 AM

Jan 2020
I started this when it started airing but couldn't really get into it. But now I need to cull my stalled list, and since season 4 is coming soon I figured I would just go ahead and binge this back-to-back with season 3. So, we'll see what happens I guess.

Hulu says this is TV-MA, but MAL says this is PG-13. I feel like Hulu is lying to me.

Apollo is probably more annoying than Bell, if that's possible. Setting up this ridiculous dramatization as a flimsy pretense for trying to poach and bang Bell. Clearly Apollo has a reputation, why everyone puts up with it remains to be seen.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 28, 2022 5:39 PM

Jan 2019
Hermes may not respect women, but he is an excellent wingman.

The OP was a massive improvement over last season's, don't think I'm gonna be skipping this one.

And we have a generic rapey, slurpy villain...

Really fucking tired of that anime trope, particulary in fantasy settings.

Aug 19, 2022 3:16 PM

Apr 2022
Not the best episode but not the worst I believe. I do love the new characters added (not like I LOVE them but glad they are added to the story) looks like we will be having some lovely nice and hot TEAAA
Oct 10, 2022 8:27 PM

Nov 2020
The dance and interaction of Bell and Aiz are so cute and wholesome!
Also, the jealousy of the girls when their god saw Freya is adorable. I thought Apollo will be a good, charming, and divine god but turns out he's not lol.
Nov 3, 2022 11:50 AM
Dec 2020
Funny Apollo face
Jan 5, 2023 8:48 AM

Dec 2012
Bell and co. fighting.
Welf is lv 2.
Welf is staying.
Dat kid.
Kisama! How dare you talk about the one true goddess Hestia like that and how dare you notice her oppai! You'll pay!
Thank you Welf. Gave his ass a facial.
Yeah! Fock them up Welf and Bell!
Oh shit! Welf and Bell getting focked up!
Apollo familia?
Phoebus Apollo? Hyakinthos?
Bete is there.
SUGOI! Hestia oppai!

After 5 years after Sword Oratoria and 7 years after Season 1, I'm back. And in the year of the rabbit (Bell). Had to watch the movie and recap first to get my groove back. Good start. The one true goddess Hestia oppai looking as amazing as ever. Where is Hephaestus? She should be there slaying her dress. First time I ever thought Ais looked pretty. Mikoto oppai was looking good. Funny as fock that Loki came in a suit after coming in a dress in Season 1's banquet to flex on Hestia because Hestia didn't have any money for a nice dress but it backfired and she got embarrassed by Hestia large oppai while she had none so she came in a suit this time. I like how they remembered that for this. Nice ED song.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 27, 2023 5:00 AM

Nov 2010
Damn, Freya is super hot!
Ais looks hot in that dress. It's no wonder Bell is head over heels for her because I am too!
Seeing Bell & Ais dancing together was so lovely. I'm looking forward to their romance developing some more!
Mar 21, 2023 5:22 AM

Feb 2022
Those 3 gods are the best wingman!

Fck that phobios I hope Bell beat him up to pulp! he's so edgy...
May 29, 2023 6:16 PM

Oct 2019
Not bad for a season start, not great either. Little if any variation after so many years..
May 31, 2023 1:37 PM
May 2020
This is my second watch and I still think Apollo is doing outlandishly creepy. I still think that Apollo should look like Hermes and that Rick Riordian's rendition of these various gods is superior. I really don't remember how the first three people join Bell and Hestia's familia, so I am glad for this rewatch.
Jun 15, 2023 1:36 PM

Nov 2013
Sun god? More like son of a bitch. Freyja was already creepy, but this guy takes the cake.

Bell, Lili and Welf beating the crap out of them was satisfying. Too bad that the smug douchebag stepped in. Good of Bete to take a stand.

The party and Bell dancing with Ais was nice though. Hermes is indeed a good wingman.
TheBigGuyJun 15, 2023 1:54 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 29, 2023 9:22 PM
Nov 2022
Empezamos segunda temporada
Dec 14, 2023 12:49 AM
Jun 2023
well i mean. its a recap episode. not much else to say. the commentary was funny enough but you can skip this one. IDK why i rated it a 5. should have rated it a 3. Lol.

EDIT: i think hulu has a extra episode or something, idk what these people watched, it must be what hulu calls episode 2. there are a recap episode as season 2 episode 1 on hulu... HMM o.o
Jan 6, 7:58 PM
Nov 2015
Damn, if that wasn't a terrible premise to start off on Episode 1. Bar fights happen all the time, you're telling me THAT was a setup for this "War Game"? Ridiculous. They've had a whole season 1 to build on, but I suppose that could be a source material problem.

I do like the dance segment and Hermes being a bro. That was a nice touch.

I look forward to Episode 2 lore-dumping a ton of stuff, but yeah, Season 2 not off to a great start so far.
Jan 31, 6:07 PM

Nov 2009
Huh...

So Bell gets beat up by Apollo familia but Bell's the one that gets the blame from everyone...

Seems to me that Apollo familia has everyone in their control, maybe even Loki familia... judging by how Apollo can literally invite ANYONE to his party without question and all invites WILL go to the party, no one can reject the invite...

Plus, everyone, INCLUDING Hestia is praising Apollo when he shows up... (and later they show how most people knows Bell is being set up from the beginning, yet everyone cheers at Apollo to FUCK OVER Bell... including Hermes and Loki familia just standing by and let it all happen, it's like no one can go against Apollo...)

Episode 1, and I can already see why people said this season 2 (and 3) is Trash... (in later season's threads)

Tho Hermes, NICE WINGMAN, LOL.

The actual Bro of this series.

The other guy too, showing Bell what to do to invite Ais to a dance.

LOL @ Bell fumbling tho, but he got the gist of dancing very fast huh... quick learner's perk.

amlgJan 31, 6:22 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

188 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.