Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 12, 2019 10:25 PM

Aug 2018
As a big fan of Toaru series its like im dreamin while watchin this anime cant believe accelerator finally has its own anime and its finally aired.

The ep 1 was much better compared to Index III and to most anime released this summer
the start was pretty interesting.
So far the animation is great i hope it maintains throughout the series but its nowhere near to the quality of Railgun S

The OP was pretty badass for a badass mc and more badass anime than overrated Arifureta
SOP-IIJul 12, 2019 10:31 PM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jul 12, 2019 11:07 PM

Nov 2016
That was a nice anime only booty. Time for the source material to start next week
Jul 13, 2019 1:42 AM

Jul 2015
This series is thousand times better than Index III,man if this was the production value of Index III then it wold have been so good.

Also i was laughing at Accelerator reading Heavy Object.

They adapted the filler episode nicely.

Jul 13, 2019 1:46 AM

Apr 2019
Vivekananda said:
This series is thousand times better than Index III,man if this was the production value of Index III then it wold have been so good.

Same here. I laugh when Accelerator reading Heavy Object.
Jul 13, 2019 2:23 AM

Jul 2015
ShadowBladeX said:
Vivekananda said:

Same here. I laugh when Accelerator reading Heavy Object.

Obviously this was one of the funniest parts of the episode.

Jul 13, 2019 4:23 AM
May 2013
Lel0uchZer0 said:
I think this series will get a lot of new fans that did not watch index and i am happy to see accelerator loved because he is an amazing character
Great episode. Very good animation surprisingly

Yeah... I just came across this... though I might watch it since I saw first episode... then I see some people say about Other anime link to this.. I gave it a go... nope... I will stay with this anime instead. Sorry just didn’t quite like it.
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 13, 2019 4:52 AM
May 2013
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Animekid3 said:

Yeah... I just came across this... though I might watch it since I saw first episode... then I see some people say about Other anime link to this.. I gave it a go... nope... I will stay with this anime instead. Sorry just didn’t quite like it.

So you liked accelerator but you didn't like index? This is perfectly understandable. I think you should know atleast why accelerator is in the hospital and a bit of his backstory but you can find videos about that on youtube
Accelerator is by far the best character in the main series so i am glad he gets his own anime now

I see... I had look index to see what it was about .... end up like nope.. sorry nope. I will stay with current version.... but I guess from your information this anime is carry on but focus more on accelerator. This first time I seen something like this, hmm, interesting.
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

Jul 13, 2019 6:21 AM

Apr 2013
Hope this show can fullfill my need for Accelerator, pretty good start
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jul 13, 2019 6:56 AM

Oct 2017
JC staff really put a lot effort on accellarators anime which is great but at the same time its pissing me off that they totally ruined index s3. I mean why ruin the main series and do a great job on a side story. Aside that this was an awesome start to accelarators side story. He is looking as bad ass as ever.
Jul 13, 2019 7:32 AM
May 2013
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Animekid3 said:

I see... I had look index to see what it was about .... end up like nope.. sorry nope. I will stay with current version.... but I guess from your information this anime is carry on but focus more on accelerator. This first time I seen something like this, hmm, interesting.

You can watch railgun S from episode 9 i think. It's an important part in accelerator's character
But you will catch up pretty fast with his character anyways

Hmm, I see 🤔. However I notice raligun s is very different to index anime 🙈
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

Jul 13, 2019 7:42 AM

Sep 2017
Nice first episode, Accelerator seems like a badass character

However Misaka is annoying as hell, I wanted to slap her everytime she appeared on screen just to shut her up
Jul 13, 2019 10:03 AM

Jul 2017
Themousen said:

However Misaka is annoying as hell, I wanted to slap her everytime she appeared on screen just to shut her up
Watch Index and then come back here. Understand more about Accelerator and Last Order and then judge this anime correctly, just saying, your experience with this anime will be a lot better. Last Order might be annoying, but your point of view of her might change, in a way, if you watch the original story, because she changed Accelerator's world, not gonna spoil anything tho.
WaterLordJul 13, 2019 10:06 AM
Jul 13, 2019 10:20 AM
Jul 2019
They should make this sooner, Accelerator deserve more than 12 eps !!! The first episode already turned me on, why a boring and lame guy like touma get a whole series while Accelerator only gets 12 eps, life sure is salty
Jul 13, 2019 3:47 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode. Accelarator>>>>>>>>Touma all day. Nerfed Acce is badass, while last order is cute as always. Overall nice pilot episode.

PS;
toaru spinoff is better than the main series.

Jul 13, 2019 5:02 PM
Mar 2014
It was "OK" enjoyable, but not exactly a fan of Accelerator and Last Order.
Jul 13, 2019 6:38 PM
Mar 2015
I love Accelerator and Last Order Did not realize he was working with Anti-Skill They weren't much protection. The banter between Last Order and Accelerator was amusing as was his recitation of his injuries to the doctor
Jul 13, 2019 10:05 PM

Apr 2018
I'm honestly not expecting anything from this since season 3 dissapointed me. Well, from the looks of the first episode, this will be interesting since it will focus on Accelerator and Last Order
Jul 14, 2019 1:08 AM

Feb 2018
Accelerator so cool xD. Btw nice water / ice gun xD.
Jul 14, 2019 8:47 AM
Aug 2018
shane_nichols said:
Is the animation better than Index 3?
So, the animation for Index s3 started well enough, but it slipped considerably as the season continued. This does look better than the later episodes for sure, I'm just worried that the studio is going to start slipping again.
Jul 14, 2019 7:15 PM

Jan 2013
Great start!
The ED is pretty nice.

They should have gone with 24 eps but at least we have this.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 14, 2019 8:15 PM

Jan 2011
good start interested to see what stuff happened during the events of handicapped accelerator

slowly reading testament so i'd be fun to see stuff i haven't read regarding him.

strange though i thought J.C wasn't working on this because everyone but last order kinda has the same art style did they just slightly change it since it's a spin off ?
Jul 15, 2019 5:06 AM
Jul 2018
The Last Order this season looks even more cute! She's so cute I wanna hug her so tightly!
Jul 15, 2019 5:07 AM
Jul 2018
Themousen said:

"Please don't be like that to her!" Says Yatsuho Yatsuho trying to shout and jump all around.
Jul 15, 2019 5:14 AM

Sep 2017
Yatsuho said:
Themousen said:

"Please don't be like that to her!" Says Yatsuho Yatsuho trying to shout and jump all around.

Here you go through the window
Jul 15, 2019 7:08 AM

May 2017
katsu044 said:
good start interested to see what stuff happened during the events of handicapped accelerator

slowly reading testament so i'd be fun to see stuff i haven't read regarding him.

strange though i thought J.C wasn't working on this because everyone but last order kinda has the same art style did they just slightly change it since it's a spin off ?

I'd say rather it was the director wanting to keep it similar to the manga's artstyle and not having the same character designer as the one who worked on the Index and Railgun animes.
Jul 15, 2019 9:47 AM
Jun 2019
is Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator has something to do with railgun that you people are talking about

Jul 15, 2019 3:21 PM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
I only watched a little of The Magical Index so this is all new to me but I really don't think I needed it. I thought the show looked great and this was a good episode to really give us a taste of the power he has. Also, the music was solid and I look forward to watching more.
Jul 15, 2019 4:28 PM

Jan 2011
Zedios said:
katsu044 said:

I'd say rather it was the director wanting to keep it similar to the manga's artstyle and not having the same character designer as the one who worked on the Index and Railgun animes.
guess that makes sense i sure as hell wouldn't want to be tied to the index director
Jul 15, 2019 4:51 PM
Oct 2014
I’m new to this series. Why does the last order keeps saying “says misaka misaka” at the end of her sentences? It’s repetitive and annoying. And is it normal for high schoolers left and right to go around acting like crazy terrorists? I’m mean she’s like 16. And 16 year olds don’t act like that. Why is she so money hungry? She’s more like a 40 year old low life bandit from an isekai anime who thinks he’s hot shit but then proceeds to get his ass handed to him. That’s exactly what happens. Is she not aware what she’s doing and the consequences? If I wanted to steal something, I wouldn’t do it by walking through the front door with the police in there and trying to fight them all. Because for one, I wouldn’t win and two if I did, I’d be a wanted criminal wherever I go. Is she being forced to do it or is she just straight up retarded?
q1w2e3r4t5Jul 15, 2019 5:13 PM
Jul 15, 2019 5:10 PM

Aug 2018
not really what i expected, but it was just one episode...
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jul 15, 2019 6:32 PM

Feb 2016
Another shitty sourced anime with stupid characters, coming on a misogynistic narration by jcstaff. No wonder, anime industry's work quality is at junk level.
Jul 15, 2019 9:07 PM

Jun 2010
this is much better than index III
Jul 15, 2019 11:18 PM
Sep 2018
mini misaka is a pain and honestly will ruin the hole anime in just know it.

and who gives a fuck about a little girl that wants to die? i sure as hell don't so ill be happy if she dies.
Jul 16, 2019 1:08 PM

Mar 2008
No clue who decided to change character designs and why but it wasn't the brightest idea. I can't stand current new design. Changes are subtle but they add up. Not only Last Order but Misaka clones are hit by this. These awfully long faces... At this point I hope I won't ever see the original Misaka in this show.
Jul 16, 2019 9:39 PM

Nov 2017
It was a good first episode. Most of it was filler but I did love Accelerator's introduction and his conversation with Heaven Canceler. The opening was awesome too. Animation was also okay.

Now the problems. Last Order's blush. I liked the previous ones. The Misaka Sisters design seems to have changed, they look older.

Accelerator is not violent and psychotic enough. That was the best part.
Leave messages on my page to discuss this further.
Jul 16, 2019 11:29 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty cool episode!

Awesome introduction of Accelerator with the rock soundtrack and the badass entrance! Op with The Sixth Lie (Golden Kamuy Op 1) is freakin’ lit too, especially with that beginning! Good to see more of the usual adorable (more so in this episode) Last Order although I’m not really happy with her new look for some reason. Animation as a whole is a definitely increase in quality compared to the abomination that Index S3 was, and that’s great to see! Pretty lame villains this time around but looks like a certain necromancer is up to no good. Sweet little recap too, I was expecting mor rhinestone but this is completely fine as it is. Accelerator sparing the sub-villains because of that girl’s resistance and the forehead tap was great! Looks like this’ll be fun to watch seeing the Anti-Evil’s side of things.

Railgun is tons better than Railgun imo and hopefully this’ll prove to be the same too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 16, 2019 11:59 PM

Jun 2019
The best part is Accelerator roasting Takata Yoko.

I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Jul 17, 2019 9:11 PM

Sep 2016
I’m getting vibes of add from elsword lmfao
Jul 18, 2019 2:54 PM

May 2015
Pretty decent episode great to see Accelerator back. Loved the science talk when Accelerator figured it out.

But what did they do to last order and the clones. The clones eyes look weird and last order looks colourful and blobby it looks weird. I'm glad Accelerator still looks the same.

I really hope they don't magically turn Accelerator into a good guy cause the whole appeal is that he's an anti-hero. The scene where he spared the girl has me worried about that.
DarknessRealityJul 18, 2019 3:00 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 18, 2019 5:18 PM
Jan 2016
Damn, what a nice start!

Animation is good enough, and was nice to see Accelarator being badass as always, and also, it is nice to see Last Order, i really missed her!

Obvious Accelarator would win against that secret weapon!

next episode, looks like we will see a new character!
Jul 19, 2019 10:38 AM

Mar 2008
DarknessReality said:
I really hope they don't magically turn Accelerator into a good guy cause the whole appeal is that he's an anti-hero. The scene where he spared the girl has me worried about that.

Same here. Though given that 1st ep was a filler we can still hope that when/if it'll go by the manga, we can see good old Accelerator.
Jul 19, 2019 6:34 PM
Nov 2018
Painfully generic. Don't know why they can't find the charm and seriousness mix of Railgun. This just had so many tedious by the numbers moments. It's pretty but the directing maybe isn't that great.

Maybe the campyness is just more charming when you can't hear it.
Jul 20, 2019 1:43 AM

Apr 2019
For the people wondering why he didn't kill the girl is because

Jul 24, 2019 6:46 PM

Jun 2013
Nice first episode and Accelerator is just being Accelerator
Jul 25, 2019 2:42 AM
Jul 2019
Aeoness said:
Another shitty sourced anime with stupid characters, coming on a misogynistic narration by jcstaff. No wonder, anime industry's work quality is at junk level.
wow then why is he still watching anime then, maybe there is something wrong with his brain
Jul 25, 2019 1:31 PM

Jan 2013
It surprises me that nobody even thinks about just shooting the little bitch in the head (before they realize her age)!!! I guess that's Japanese police for you, lol!

EDIT:
Wait, her ''ice field'' can protect her head, or only her body?
giannis85Jul 25, 2019 1:45 PM
Jul 26, 2019 6:54 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Not bad, but not that great either.

I'm not a big fan of the art style change, because I find the Index art style to be really attractive. Accelerator looks the same, but a number of other characters, specifically Misaka, look different than the other series. I'll live though.

Anti-Skill was literally useless, if they're supposed to be a task force, why aren't they securing the outside of the hospital? That's just one of many instances that I questioned what the hell they were doing.

Last Order is still deliciously adorable.

I'm just looking forward to something completely focused on Accelerator. Luckily it doesn't look like I need to know what happened in Index 3, because I put that on hold because of how confusing and mediocre it was.
Jul 28, 2019 1:20 PM

Dec 2014
solike tension in the factor and already magic is mixed in
Jul 28, 2019 11:59 PM
Jan 2019
I'm finally here, after seeing all the seasons of Toaru Majutsu no Index and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, plus the specials and the movie. All in half a year 😅. And despite its ups and downs, it is a franchise that I like very much. I hope to enjoy this spin-off of one of my favorite To Aru characters, Accelerator 😁. There will be a lot of action, without hesitation xD. This story is located between the first and second season.

How cute Last Order was when preparing those Gekota cakes. She is a love 😁.
Aug 6, 2019 9:04 AM

Jul 2009
It's been years since I've seen anything Index-related, so I forgot how campy the vibe was for this franchise lol. Average start with some nostalgic Accelerator trolling. Anti-Skill is as useless as I remembered. The inferior artstyle and tone of the show tell me this won't surpass Railgun, but it's still too early to tell.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

40 by Suckmypokeballs »»
Mar 2, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

87 by AYINLC »»
Jan 27, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

51 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

39 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:09 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 8 Discussion

AcceleratorAngel - Aug 30, 2019

47 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.