Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 11, 2019 4:16 AM
Jan 2013
I feel like I'm making this kinda topic every 2 years or so, probably because I still haven't found a good anime that'd match these criteria.
So here are requirements:
Male lead
Non 12-episode based on novel bs that's never gonna see the continuation (I prefer manga adaptations). So I'd much rather watch something that's 20+ episodes, and even if it's not finished, has at least manga to refer to if I wanna finish the story.
Solid story (for the record, 10 short episodic adventures that lead to nothing is not a solid story, and while I don't mind some breaks from main plot from time to time, there's gotta be a main plot)

I don't care if it's a harem anime, horror or anything else. "OPness' of a MC also doesn't matter. He can be a martial artist, a powerful psychic, great athlete or a genius who simply uses his brain to burry his opponents. I don't like the "0 to hero" so skip those, and I hate when noone realizes how OP the MC is (I don't mind if it's being gradually uncovered, as in noone even knows that person exists, but with time people start worshipping him - those are preferred actually).
There's quite a few manga/anime that aren't on my list that I've seen/read, but probably the most known are One Punch Man, Assassination classrom and Mob Psycho, so don't list those.
Cheers
GaxxDJul 11, 2019 4:33 AM
Jul 11, 2019 4:26 AM

Jan 2009
Needless especially the manga
Medaka Box especially the manga
thats all i can remember for now
Jul 11, 2019 4:32 AM
Jan 2013
deg said:
Needless especially the manga
Medaka Box especially the manga
thats all i can remember for now

I've seen Needless a few years ago, Medaka Box is something I've been wondering about though. Since the manga is finished I might give it a go.
Jul 11, 2019 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
nanatsu no taizai
Jul 12, 2019 6:54 AM

Feb 2018
Trigun,fist of the North Star,sword art online,one punch man
The answer to 1984 is 1776
Jul 12, 2019 7:00 AM
Jan 2013
AnimeDownUnder said:
One piece
Dragonball series
Naruto series
Bleach
Fairy tail series
Toriko
Hunter x hunter 2011
Yu yu hakusho
Jojo's bizarre adventure series
Seven deadly sins
Boku no hero
Mob psycho 100
One punch man
Attack on titan
Hellsing ultimate
Soul eater
Black clover
Black butler
Kenichi
Inuyasha
Flame of recca
Grappler baki
Toaru series
Fate series
Overlord
Tokyo ghoul
Ajin
K project
Code: breaker
Black lagoon
Black bullet
Magi series
Ao no exorcist
Ansatsu kyoushitsu
Legend of legendary heroes
Tokyo esp
Kekkai sensen
Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
Basilisk
Afro samurai
Ninja scroll
Samurai champloo
Sword art online
Akame ga kill
Darker than black
Hokuto no ken
Gantz
Hitman reborn
Berserk
Devilman
Devil may cry anime
Baoh
Vampire hunter D
D gray man
Cowboy bebop
Trigun
Bungou stray dogs
Saint seiya
Black blood brothers
Juuni taisen
Inuyashiki
Chain chronicle
Hakkenden
Killing bites
World trigger

You're literally spamming random anime completely disregarding my comment and my list. Nice one.
Jul 12, 2019 7:01 AM
Jan 2013
CoolBoy98 said:
Trigun,fist of the North Star,sword art online,one punch man

Read my comment and check my list next time.
Jul 12, 2019 1:34 PM
Aug 2013
GaxxD said:
You're literally spamming random anime completely disregarding my comment and my list. Nice one.

you asked for op mc so that's what I recommended
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jul 12, 2019 1:41 PM
Jan 2013
AnimeDownUnder said:
GaxxD said:

you asked for op mc so that's what I recommended

There are only a few of titles on that list of yours that actually meet the criteria I wrote down, not to mention most of those titles are on my watched list. No, you just listed a bunch of anime that you like, that's all.
Jul 12, 2019 1:44 PM
Aug 2013
GaxxD said:
There are only a few of titles on that list of yours that actually meet the criteria I wrote down, not to mention most of those titles are on my watched list. No, you just listed a bunch of anime that you like, that's all.

ok no problems you did technically ask for op mc in your title of this post I didn't read your post it was too long
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jul 13, 2019 10:23 AM

Aug 2017
Mo Dao Zu Shi
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

tbh very hard taste
Jul 13, 2019 12:13 PM

Dec 2008
since you don't want 0 to hero it makes this quite difficult. There are not many anime adaptions in that category that I know and even in web novels / manga it's quite hard to find good ones with this criteria but you can try:

Rurouni kenshin if you don't mind that it is old and animation is understandably not quite same level as new anime. Main anime adaption is solid work until around episode 65. From that point the rest of the anime is fillers and they are bad. So bad that they killed the anime adaption so the last story arc needs to be read in manga. There is also OVA for the last story arc that came out later but it skips a lot of stuff. Also I should mention that the 4 episode OVA Tsuioku-hen is my all time favorite anime. Chronologically this OVA happens before the actual storyline so you can also start with that ( I did years ago) but if you do then be prepared that the OVA has a really different (darker) atmosphere compared to the main anime that has a lot more lighthearted episodes and moments. You can also start from the main anime without problems and watch the OVA later because the OVA is a flashback story that is told in the manga only after the fillers started. Fare warning though and small spoiler. MC does find opponents that give him hard time so this is not as clearly OP MC that you might want. He is strong from the start though so no 0 to hero.

Hellsing ultimate. It only has 10 episodes but they are 50minutes long each so basically 20 episode long. It is OVA series that goes through all of the manga storyline. The anime is good but you can also try the manga if you prefer a bit more detail in the plotline progress.

I also had couple more anime in mind but they were already on your list or recommended in previous comment.
Jul 13, 2019 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
This is not an anime or manga, but a web novel which has pretty anime fantasy characteristics and your prefered OP MC.

Forgotten Conqueror

It revolves around an ancient wizard who was reborn into the present era (Medieval fantasy with humans, human with animalistic features, magic, monsters and mythical creatures). Retaining his memories intact, power, skills and strength which is now incomprehensible to the current world, he vows to search for his origins and seeks to learn what happened when he was away.

Kind of like an Isekai/Portal Fantasy, which has gained many audiences and readers for years. However, this one is like a great-great-great-great ancestor reincarnated, nyahahaha.

Harem = maybe.
Anyone will know how OP the MC is = Yes.
Solid Story = Yes or No.
Yes, because...

No, because the novel has many hiatuses.
removed-userJul 13, 2019 11:52 PM
Jul 14, 2019 5:27 AM
Dec 2017
I'm not sure whether it fits or not, but there is a manhwa called UnOrdinary that is basically a mixture of Boku no Hero Academia and The Irregular at Magic Highschool (Both have anime adaptations, The Irregular at Magic Highschool has an EXTREMELY OP main character, and it fits almost everything you're looking for, but it's a novel adaptation so eh...)
Jul 14, 2019 9:13 AM
Jan 2013
TrueHistoria said:
This is not an anime or manga, but a web novel which has pretty anime fantasy characteristics and your prefered OP MC.

Forgotten Conqueror

It revolves around an ancient wizard who was reborn into the present era (Medieval fantasy with humans, human with animalistic features, magic, monsters and mythical creatures). Retaining his memories intact, power, skills and strength which is now incomprehensible to the current world, he vows to search for his origins and seeks to learn what happened when he was away.

Kind of like an Isekai/Portal Fantasy, which has gained many audiences and readers for years. However, this one is like a great-great-great-great ancestor reincarnated, nyahahaha.

Harem = maybe.
Solid Story = Yes or No.
Yes, because...

The reason I don't want something based on a novel, is because I dislike how poorly written japanese novels are. I expect manga or anime to be stupefying (although I don't mind if they require some level of intellectual acuity to fully understand and enjoy), but when it comes to written word, I feel personally offended, when I read things like japanese novels or books by R.R. Martin. I was raised on books by Tolstoy, Sienkiewicz and Tolkien, and when something is printed and deemed good enough to show to the public, I expect more than high school level grammar and vocabulary limitations.
Jul 14, 2019 9:17 AM
Jan 2013
iKeyvier said:
I'm not sure whether it fits or not, but there is a manhwa called UnOrdinary that is basically a mixture of Boku no Hero Academia and The Irregular at Magic Highschool (Both have anime adaptations, The Irregular at Magic Highschool has an EXTREMELY OP main character, and it fits almost everything you're looking for, but it's a novel adaptation so eh...)

There are a few issues I have with manhwas. First of all they tend to use multiple panels for something that can be shown in 1 or 2, which makes it annoying to read (best example is Noblesse, sometimes there were like 10-15 panels that had one character move a few steps) and secondly, the authors can't seem to stay focused onn telling the story, so it's basically like manga with fillers.
Jul 14, 2019 9:25 AM
Jan 2013
Sipi said:
since you don't want 0 to hero it makes this quite difficult. There are not many anime adaptions in that category that I know and even in web novels / manga it's quite hard to find good ones with this criteria but you can try:

Rurouni kenshin if you don't mind that it is old and animation is understandably not quite same level as new anime. Main anime adaption is solid work until around episode 65. From that point the rest of the anime is fillers and they are bad. So bad that they killed the anime adaption so the last story arc needs to be read in manga. There is also OVA for the last story arc that came out later but it skips a lot of stuff. Also I should mention that the 4 episode OVA Tsuioku-hen is my all time favorite anime. Chronologically this OVA happens before the actual storyline so you can also start with that ( I did years ago) but if you do then be prepared that the OVA has a really different (darker) atmosphere compared to the main anime that has a lot more lighthearted episodes and moments. You can also start from the main anime without problems and watch the OVA later because the OVA is a flashback story that is told in the manga only after the fillers started. Fare warning though and small spoiler. MC does find opponents that give him hard time so this is not as clearly OP MC that you might want. He is strong from the start though so no 0 to hero.

Hellsing ultimate. It only has 10 episodes but they are 50minutes long each so basically 20 episode long. It is OVA series that goes through all of the manga storyline. The anime is good but you can also try the manga if you prefer a bit more detail in the plotline progress.

I also had couple more anime in mind but they were already on your list or recommended in previous comment.

I actually watched Rurouni Kenshin long time ago but dropped it after a while, don't think I'm gonnna go back to it. Also seen Helsing, I must've removed it by accident or something from my list, since it was there a while ago, so readded it again.
And it might be difficult to point at an anime that meets the requirements I listed when it comes to action (at this point there's probably very few of those that I didn't see), but that's why I said that "OPness" of MC doesn't really matter. Not one person mentioned Akagi for example and I don't have it on my list. The MC is genius that owns the masters of mahjong, so he definitely is OP.
Jul 14, 2019 9:27 AM
Jan 2013
magaiverix said:
Mo Dao Zu Shi
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

tbh very hard taste

Doesn't necesarilly have to be an action anime. Honestly I was hoping more for anime with genius MC than a combat master, since there are probably very few action anime with OP MC that I haven't seen at this point.
Jul 14, 2019 9:48 AM

Dec 2008
GaxxD said:

Doesn't necesarilly have to be an action anime. Honestly I was hoping more for anime with genius MC than a combat master, since there are probably very few action anime with OP MC that I haven't seen at this point.

I actually tried to think of something outside action genre but couldn't think of one with OP MC. No can do. I wish good luck to your quest to get more helpful recommends
Jul 14, 2019 12:50 PM
Dec 2017
GaxxD said:
iKeyvier said:

There are a few issues I have with manhwas. First of all they tend to use multiple panels for something that can be shown in 1 or 2, which makes it annoying to read (best example is Noblesse, sometimes there were like 10-15 panels that had one character move a few steps) and secondly, the authors can't seem to stay focused onn telling the story, so it's basically like manga with fillers.

I agree COMPLETELY. Manhwas authors are usually bad at pacing things, but I guarantee UnOrdinary is incredibly well paced. Sometimes the drawings are a bit off, especially the faces, it looks like the perspective is completely wrong, but it never gets boring (so far at least, I'm at chapter 100 out of 150 chapters that came out already; yes, the series is on going)
Jul 15, 2019 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
GaxxD said:
TrueHistoria said:

Forgotten Conqueror

Harem = maybe.
Solid Story = Yes or No.
Yes, because...

The reason I don't want something based on a novel, is because I dislike how poorly written japanese novels are. I expect manga or anime to be stupefying (although I don't mind if they require some level of intellectual acuity to fully understand and enjoy), but when it comes to written word, I feel personally offended, when I read things like japanese novels or books by R.R. Martin. I was raised on books by Tolstoy, Sienkiewicz and Tolkien, and when something is printed and deemed good enough to show to the public, I expect more than high school level grammar and vocabulary limitations.

It's not based on a JP novel, its an original english fiction with little grammatical errors but it was improved. Plus, it also has high audiences on a site called RoyalRoadL--a home of many original fantasy web novels.

I really don't have anime or manga with OP MC to recommend you, but maybe you can try Kel Kade's King's Dark Tidings Series--well-written, which, currently, has 4 books.

More topics from this board

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

13 by windyshadow »»
53 minutes ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I can’t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - 1 hour ago

0 by isseixkoneko »»
1 hour ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

11 by windyshadow »»
5 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
7 hours ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.