Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 11, 2019 3:28 AM

Jan 2011
I know it has only been one episode, but does anyone find the concept and premise of the show goofy? One problem with the show is how serious they take it and I am like, "LOL look at the anime characters in Ozen's armor fight humanoid fire enemies." It doesn't help the main character's power is from his feet. That just makes it even more silly.

I know the creator of this did Soul Eater and that has some odd things in it but it fits with the world better there. So you are able to take serious some dude in a jacket becoming a scythe and eating souls than some dude in sandals with fire powers.
MasterHavikJul 11, 2019 10:25 AM
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 11, 2019 4:20 AM
Nov 2017
You just refuted your whole point that it’s literally 1 episode . People being able to turn into weapons with a moon and sun with faces in the sky isn’t any less silly than fire fighters with fire powers killing people who combust and turn into fire monsters . Plus we don’t know that much about the world yet that’s literally the whole plot . Uncovering the mystery of why it’s happening . I’m sure there’s gonna be a bunch of world building in this anime because soul eater had great world building
Jul 11, 2019 4:22 AM

Jan 2009
are you complaining though? i mean this is fiction anyway lol (heck its not even hard science fiction that tries to be more realistic for example)
Jul 11, 2019 4:54 AM
Aug 2011
Well you’re not wrong, but I also recall that Soul Evans played ~piano in his mind~.
Which later on instead of cool scythe action he just piano’d the bad guys away. Like orchestral mind bullets...what even.
Jul 11, 2019 5:02 AM
Jun 2019
No. I don't. The tragic backstory + People bursting into flames + Struggling Mc? all add up to me taking this show as a serious non-goofy Shounen. But, then again it's probably just me.

IMO Boku no hero academia started out with somewhat silly 'childish' concepts(I mean how different is Bakugo from the Shinra in terms of type of power) but the reason no one thinks that(including myself) was that they draw our attention to Deku and do a splendid job of making us sympathize with him and enabling us to enjoy the show and watch it seriously.Bleach(the latter half of the manga) and JoJo are other examples I can think of when it comes to 'weird' concept design.But hey,I still loved these shows.

What I am trying to say is that most shounen series have goofy concept and premise.However a good Shounen will make you overlook them.But yeah, there are quite a number of shounen series which are reasonable popular but I just found them goofy and couldn't take them seriously.The most recent one was Guilty Crown(I even dropped it) but needless to say it is quite a popular show.

All in all I feel that if you liked your Naruto,Ichigo,Luffy,Natsu or Deku you will find yourself 'seriously' enjoying the show.But if for some reason you just couldn't take the MC seriously you will probably not like what follows because Shounen is highly protagonist centered.
Jul 11, 2019 9:54 AM

Dec 2015
Definitely yes. I was enjoying until out of nowhere the girl started praying for magic to happen and they started to literally fight a demon. Maybe it's because I only saw the sci-fi tag, and though this was just gonna be about firefighters on the future, but I think by mixing a very serious setting with goofy elements just doesn't work. The MC having the same persona from almost every shounen character also doesn't help at all
BetterTasteJul 11, 2019 11:51 AM
Jul 11, 2019 10:24 AM

Jan 2011
MonkeyDJasper said:
You just refuted your whole point that it’s literally 1 episode . People being able to turn into weapons with a moon and sun with faces in the sky isn’t any less silly than fire fighters with fire powers killing people who combust and turn into fire monsters . Plus we don’t know that much about the world yet that’s literally the whole plot . Uncovering the mystery of why it’s happening . I’m sure there’s gonna be a bunch of world building in this anime because soul eater had great world building
I didn't?

Well I think it works in Soul Eater since we're not really in the real world so if you see that you are more easier to accept, "OH this is what the world has to offer."

deg said:
are you complaining though? i mean this is fiction anyway lol (heck its not even hard science fiction that tries to be more realistic for example)
Just because it is fiction doesn't stop it from being stupid. The same goes for a wrestling persona a wrestler creates for themselves.

v_max said:
No. I don't. The tragic backstory + People bursting into flames + Struggling Mc? all add up to me taking this show as a serious non-goofy Shounen. But, then again it's probably just me.

IMO Boku no hero academia started out with somewhat silly 'childish' concepts(I mean how different is Bakugo from the Shinra in terms of type of power) but the reason no one thinks that(including myself) was that they draw our attention to Deku and do a splendid job of making us sympathize with him and enabling us to enjoy the show and watch it seriously.Bleach(the latter half of the manga) and JoJo are other examples I can think of when it comes to 'weird' concept design.But hey,I still loved these shows.

What I am trying to say is that most shounen series have goofy concept and premise.However a good Shounen will make you overlook them.But yeah, there are quite a number of shounen series which are reasonable popular but I just found them goofy and couldn't take them seriously.The most recent one was Guilty Crown(I even dropped it) but needless to say it is quite a popular show.

All in all I feel that if you liked your Naruto,Ichigo,Luffy,Natsu or Deku you will find yourself 'seriously' enjoying the show.But if for some reason you just couldn't take the MC seriously you will probably not like what follows because Shounen is highly protagonist centered.
Well the reason I can take a lot of the other shonen serious is because they are either not set in the real world, or if it is the real world they have gone out of their way to make what the characters do normal. My Hero Academia in season 1 and 2 really went out of their way to explain their world and how the heroes function in it. You could say all shonen have goofy concepts and premises but I take those mroe serious than the one here as they are taking something real liek firefighters and trying to turn them into a special squad with powers and shit fighting these weird demons.
Jul 11, 2019 11:07 AM
Dec 2018
I don't find it goofy, but I am unimpressed because it seems rather hollow
In all honesty, the way that it was introduced in just one episode, the main character seems so stereotypically shounen-y that I find it hard to care about him or the mystery behind his mother's death and his being branded a devil/demon/monster/whatever. From what I can tell, that's the main thing that's supposed to be hooking people on the mystery part of the show, that is, "why is it that infernals are just randomly popping up everywhere and who was it that actually killed his mother?" Some of the other characters are interesting I guess, but that's about it.
tl;dr The novelty of the world's premise has quickly worn off for me, and I find it a chore to care about the MC at all. This is easily a candidate for being dropped for me, but I follow 3 episode rule almost religiously, so I will be giving it two more episodes to get interesting. I just hope this doesn't turn out like Fairy Gone or Grimms Notes, where they got ok-ish enough by episode 3 to keep me watching for one more week and then promptly fell off.
Jul 11, 2019 11:18 AM

Jan 2011
dandar said:
In all honesty, the way that it was introduced in just one episode, the main character seems so stereotypically shounen-y that I find it hard to care about him or the mystery behind his mother's death and his being branded a devil/demon/monster/whatever. From what I can tell, that's the main thing that's supposed to be hooking people on the mystery part of the show, that is, "why is it that infernals are just randomly popping up everywhere and who was it that actually killed his mother?" Some of the other characters are interesting I guess, but that's about it.
tl;dr The novelty of the world's premise has quickly worn off for me, and I find it a chore to care about the MC at all. This is easily a candidate for being dropped for me, but I follow 3 episode rule almost religiously, so I will be giving it two more episodes to get interesting. I just hope this doesn't turn out like Fairy Gone or Grimms Notes, where they got ok-ish enough by episode 3 to keep me watching for one more week and then promptly fell off.
I fear it is gonna be a show that I will finish but give it a 6 or 7 at the end. 24 episodes makes me feel liek we'll get a lot of story at least.

I find it goofy as it is taking something real like firefighters and trying to a fancy spin on it. I do argee the main character is nto super interesting besides how he can't smile outright when he is happy. The mystery of the show is....oaky I guess? I don't like the, "They just showed up." line. No wonder this manga has a lower score than Soul Eater. I feel like he is playing it safe.
Jul 11, 2019 11:35 AM
Dec 2018
MasterHavik said:
dandar said:
I fear it is gonna be a show that I will finish but give it a 6 or 7 at the end. 24 episodes makes me feel liek we'll get a lot of story at least.

I find it goofy as it is taking something real like firefighters and trying to a fancy spin on it.

I guess that's just where you and I differ. You see, I actually really like the idea of taking firefighters and making them into your friendly neighborhood fearless guardians fighting to save humanity from a fiery supernatural menace. However, I really don't care for the MC's main power being "fire shooting from his feet", as that turns the fights into literal firefights and that's just kinda... meh. It does look cool when he uses his feet as thrusters when he goes fast, but that's about it.

Another thing is that I've never understood why people will finish a show they don't enjoy. To me, a 7 is the minimum rating that I give to a show that I watch to the end, with only two exceptions. Or, if that explanation was too confusing because I'm bad at explaining things, if I give a show a rating of 6 or lower (but it's usually 6) by episode 3 or later, it's getting dropped. Taking a look at my list as it is now, I don't have time to be continuing multiple different shows that I don't enjoy watching, and doing that is just a waste of time and resources anyway.
Jul 11, 2019 11:39 AM
Jun 2019
@MasterHavik

If you think about it both BNHA and ENS have very similar worlds and start out very similar.A perfectly normal world until some radical change magically manifests(Heroic quirks,spontaneous combustion into infernals).The only reason you felt BNHA did better was because they literally spoonfed the background of the world in the first few episodes.Infact so do most Shounen series(like Fairy Tail or Bleach).But what about shows like HunterXHunter, clearly the world and its background were not explained in the first episode.They actually take quite a few number of episodes to do that.
They might give a full world background in Ep 2.In that case,it's not fair to judge them by hastily reacting to only the first episode.Who told you this show was about firefighters? The anime makers never intended this in the first place and have never implied anything of the sort.It is your fault in pre-interpreting the foreshadowings of the show.

Assuming you just directly started watching the episode the first thing the show displays is a man burning alive and becoming an infernal and the 'firefighter' squad use some magic powers to defeat it.Very similar to Kill la Kill where they introduce the star uniforms and defeat the guy who stole them or even Noragami where the first thing they show is Yato slaying a Phantom and then revealing that Yato is a god.The only difference is that in this case you looked at the cover art of this show and assumed it is about firefighters.You already thought that they were going to use some fire-extinguishers(no matter how fantastical they are) but that did not happen.

Would you still have found it goofy if I already told you that this show is not about fire-fighters and is magic power based before you started watching?
Look the show is probably mediocre and it could have structured things differently but even so just remember that the show is not entirely at fault.After all there are people who did not find it goofy at all.

Anime is meant to explore weird possibilities.Most people welcome crazy ideas like fire-fighters being guardians of the world or school uniforms being weapons(Kill la Kill).The more open you are,the more you can let in.
v_maxJul 11, 2019 11:45 AM
Jul 11, 2019 11:52 AM

Aug 2017
shut the fuck up. stupid op (original post). you fucking son of a poopyhole.....
@MasterHavik
Jul 11, 2019 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
Yes, and that's the reason why I'm enjoying it.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 11, 2019 12:16 PM

Jan 2011
dandar said:
MasterHavik said:

I find it goofy as it is taking something real like firefighters and trying to a fancy spin on it.

I guess that's just where you and I differ. You see, I actually really like the idea of taking firefighters and making them into your friendly neighborhood fearless guardians fighting to save humanity from a fiery supernatural menace. However, I really don't care for the MC's main power being "fire shooting from his feet", as that turns the fights into literal firefights and that's just kinda... meh. It does look cool when he uses his feet as thrusters when he goes fast, but that's about it.

Another thing is that I've never understood why people will finish a show they don't enjoy. To me, a 7 is the minimum rating that I give to a show that I watch to the end, with only two exceptions. Or, if that explanation was too confusing because I'm bad at explaining things, if I give a show a rating of 6 or lower (but it's usually 6) by episode 3 or later, it's getting dropped. Taking a look at my list as it is now, I don't have time to be continuing multiple different shows that I don't enjoy watching, and doing that is just a waste of time and resources anyway.
People are different my man.
v_max said:
@MasterHavik

If you think about it both BNHA and ENS have very similar worlds and start out very similar.A perfectly normal world until some radical change magically manifests(Heroic quirks,spontaneous combustion into infernals).The only reason you felt BNHA did better was because they literally spoonfed the background of the world in the first few episodes.Infact so do most Shounen series(like Fairy Tail or Bleach).But what about shows like HunterXHunter, clearly the world and its background were not explained in the first episode.They actually take quite a few number of episodes to do that.
They might give a full world background in Ep 2.In that case,it's not fair to judge them by hastily reacting to only the first episode.Who told you this show was about firefighters? The anime makers never intended this in the first place and have never implied anything of the sort.It is your fault in pre-interpreting the foreshadowings of the show.

Assuming you just directly started watching the episode the first thing the show displays is a man burning alive and becoming an infernal and the 'firefighter' squad use some magic powers to defeat it.Very similar to Kill la Kill where they introduce the star uniforms and defeat the guy who stole them or even Noragami where the first thing they show is Yato slaying a Phantom and then revealing that Yato is a god.The only difference is that in this case you looked at the cover art of this show and assumed it is about firefighters.You already thought that they were going to use some fire-extinguishers(no matter how fantastical they are) but that did not happen.

Would you still have found it goofy if I already told you that this show is not about fire-fighters and is magic power based before you started watching?
Look the show is probably mediocre and it could have structured things differently but even so just remember that the show is not entirely at fault.After all there are people who did not find it goofy at all.

Anime is meant to explore weird possibilities.Most people welcome crazy ideas like fire-fighters being guardians of the world or school uniforms being weapons(Kill la Kill).The more open you are,the more you can let in.
There is a lot here.

What you call "Spoonfed" I call very well doen exposition that really flushes out the world and doesn't make it so anyone with powers can just start putting on tights and become a hero. The heroes have a lot of rules they have follow. So sorry if My Hero Academia is doing what a story should do while this hasn't done that. Also, it is fire fighters as they are dress as them and stay in a fire station and even dress like fire fighters. I don't see how it isn't about fire fighters. My Hero Academai got a lto done in its first ep compared to this one. Also My Hero Academai actually bother to explain pretty early on how peopel get quirks and how people like Endeavor can force the issue and create an offspring with really strong quirks. This is better than, "OH they just showed up."

Also Hunter x Hunter spreads its details out but does a good job explaining everything and shows you there are many paths one can take in their world. I don't know why you brought that show up as not only do I think it is amazing but they do a good job at explaining everything.

I think Fire Force is fine so far, but I don't think I'll ever be able to take it serious because of how it is taking something real and trying to put a spin on it. Next we'll see someone try and make janitors with superpowers next.
Jul 11, 2019 2:56 PM
Jun 2019
MasterHavik said:

I think Fire Force is fine so far, but I don't think I'll ever be able to take it serious because of how it is taking something real and trying to put a spin on it. Next we'll see someone try and make janitors with superpowers next.

Exactly same thing is going on in the Dr.Stone EP1 discussion thread.Also you completely missed my point.For crying out loud even if you are 100% correct, can you please hold your horses wait for a couple of episodes and then post this thread.
Firstly, I want you to know that I loved all the Shounen series I mentioned(you can check my list).I am only analyzing them in a neutral perspective. It is really impossible to argue with anyone who is already opinionated before the anime even completes Ep2.
If you think inside a closed box,I can't help you.Yes they are firefighters with a spin.If you don't like it, it is perfectly fine.I already objectively explained my comparisons with other shounen series but you are making subjective assumptions and conclusions.Whatever I said about BNHA, HxH are facts(Can you read the post carefully again),I did not say they were good or bad,why are you bringing up HxH being an amazing show?I just pointed out the similarities.It is upto you to like whatever you want for whatever reasons but you can't deny the similarities.There are people who hate BNHA and also give very good reasons,feel free to argue with them instead of me because I am only giving a neutral opinion.Just to be clear, both BNHA and fire-force have very similar start in world building(quirks magically appear, spontaneous combustion magically appear)I am not talking about which is better done or fits well.You can't argue with that because it is simply a fact and does not conclude anything.

Yes, all shows have rules.Before Ep2 even started, before they even finished explaining all the rules you have a pre-determined rule that they are fire-fighters(because they dress like that).But the show never said they were normal human beings who are fire-fighters.Infact the fire-fighter squad contains second generation and third generation infernals(In other words, not just normal firefighters).Please realise that you assumed they are fire-fighters just because in your mind firefighters dress + firestation = normal human firefighters.And that's the reason you are put off.Not because the show is goofy.It is a lack of flexibility in your part.Maybe the show could have taken a different approach(maybe a narrative in the beginning) in introducing the world but this approach is also fine because the show did not commit any logical errors and they are free to shape their world however they want.We can't put our own rules and criticize them for that.

Suppose If i also could not seriously take the idea of janitors becoming superheroes I would simply say "It is just the way my brain works" and just leave it at that.But you are putting a cap on creativity.There are people who are sick and tired of regular shounen like BNHA and openly welcome crazy ideas like janitor superheroes.

Whatever you feel is perfectly fine.Your reasons are valid too but they apply to only people like you.Have you ever thought about the fact that the same reasons don't apply to other people?
I am not asking you to hate/like anything,just learn to Acknowledge. When I hate a show I am usually sad that my mind was not flexible enough to welcome that concept rather than sit and call it goofy.I'm not asking you to do the same, feel free to call anything goofy, but also try to understand a little bit about my way of looking at things too.

You make these types of threads only when you are ready to open up to other's perspectives and not just push in your own otherwise it is just a deadlock.I'm asking you to accept that these kind of anime are not for you and it is more to do with your preferences rather than the anime concept being goofy or bad or messed up.

TL;DR: Fire-force: goofy for you(because of valid reasons which apply to you), not goofy for other people(because those reasons don't apply to them). Let's just acknowledge each other's viewpoints and respect and also acknowledge our short-sightings.
Jul 11, 2019 4:14 PM

May 2015
I found it to be a very typical shounen so yeah, there are some ridiculous elements but that's not what bothers me. Everything just seems so boring like we already saw something similar a million times before but now it just has beautifully animated fire in it. I plan to watch a couple more episodes and then most likely drop it.
Jul 11, 2019 4:21 PM

Jun 2016
I haven't even watched it but I can say, yes definitely
Jul 11, 2019 5:30 PM
Nov 2015
MasterHavik said:
dandar said:

People are different my man.
v_max said:
@MasterHavik

There is a lot here.

What you call "Spoonfed" I call very well doen exposition that really flushes out the world and doesn't make it so anyone with powers can just start putting on tights and become a hero. The heroes have a lot of rules they have follow. So sorry if My Hero Academia is doing what a story should do while this hasn't done that. Also, it is fire fighters as they are dress as them and stay in a fire station and even dress like fire fighters. I don't see how it isn't about fire fighters. My Hero Academai got a lto done in its first ep compared to this one. Also My Hero Academai actually bother to explain pretty early on how peopel get quirks and how people like Endeavor can force the issue and create an offspring with really strong quirks. This is better than, "OH they just showed up."

Also Hunter x Hunter spreads its details out but does a good job explaining everything and shows you there are many paths one can take in their world. I don't know why you brought that show up as not only do I think it is amazing but they do a good job at explaining everything.

I have read ahead in the manga and there is a really good story the start is just slow
Jul 11, 2019 5:31 PM

Jun 2014
Anime tends to be pretty goofy.
Jul 11, 2019 6:23 PM
Jul 2018
It's an anime dude
Jul 11, 2019 7:27 PM

Jan 2011
europaviews said:
It's an anime dude
So Eden of East is nothing right? We got an anime about how the human body works and how to properly workout recently. So please don't give me that crap. We have had aniem that are fulyl realistic and don't do anything silly. I am currently watching Monster right now.

thesecondkat said:
Some are like this yes, but the medium is vast enough you can get something like Eden of the East and Mosnter and not feel embarrass while watching it.

v_max said:
MasterHavik said:

Exactly same thing is going on in the Dr.Stone EP1 discussion thread.Also you completely missed my point.For crying out loud even if you are 100% correct, can you please hold your horses wait for a couple of episodes and then post this thread.
Firstly, I want you to know that I loved all the Shounen series I mentioned(you can check my list).I am only analyzing them in a neutral perspective. It is really impossible to argue with anyone who is already opinionated before the anime even completes Ep2.
If you think inside a closed box,I can't help you.Yes they are firefighters with a spin.If you don't like it, it is perfectly fine.I already objectively explained my comparisons with other shounen series but you are making subjective assumptions and conclusions.Whatever I said about BNHA, HxH are facts(Can you read the post carefully again),I did not say they were good or bad,why are you bringing up HxH being an amazing show?I just pointed out the similarities.It is upto you to like whatever you want for whatever reasons but you can't deny the similarities.There are people who hate BNHA and also give very good reasons,feel free to argue with them instead of me because I am only giving a neutral opinion.Just to be clear, both BNHA and fire-force have very similar start in world building(quirks magically appear, spontaneous combustion magically appear)I am not talking about which is better done or fits well.You can't argue with that because it is simply a fact and does not conclude anything.

Yes, all shows have rules.Before Ep2 even started, before they even finished explaining all the rules you have a pre-determined rule that they are fire-fighters(because they dress like that).But the show never said they were normal human beings who are fire-fighters.Infact the fire-fighter squad contains second generation and third generation infernals(In other words, not just normal firefighters).Please realise that you assumed they are fire-fighters just because in your mind firefighters dress + firestation = normal human firefighters.And that's the reason you are put off.Not because the show is goofy.It is a lack of flexibility in your part.Maybe the show could have taken a different approach(maybe a narrative in the beginning) in introducing the world but this approach is also fine because the show did not commit any logical errors and they are free to shape their world however they want.We can't put our own rules and criticize them for that.

Suppose If i also could not seriously take the idea of janitors becoming superheroes I would simply say "It is just the way my brain works" and just leave it at that.But you are putting a cap on creativity.There are people who are sick and tired of regular shounen like BNHA and openly welcome crazy ideas like janitor superheroes.

Whatever you feel is perfectly fine.Your reasons are valid too but they apply to only people like you.Have you ever thought about the fact that the same reasons don't apply to other people?
I am not asking you to hate/like anything,just learn to Acknowledge. When I hate a show I am usually sad that my mind was not flexible enough to welcome that concept rather than sit and call it goofy.I'm not asking you to do the same, feel free to call anything goofy, but also try to understand a little bit about my way of looking at things too.

You make these types of threads only when you are ready to open up to other's perspectives and not just push in your own otherwise it is just a deadlock.I'm asking you to accept that these kind of anime are not for you and it is more to do with your preferences rather than the anime concept being goofy or bad or messed up.

TL;DR: Fire-force: goofy for you(because of valid reasons which apply to you), not goofy for other people(because those reasons don't apply to them). Let's just acknowledge each other's viewpoints and respect and also acknowledge our short-sightings.
Okay, I may have made you mad here when there wasn't my intentions. Let me explain a few things. I did read your posts but I got a little mad at when you said BHA spoon feeds information to you and I took that an attack on well flush out the world and rules they have established were. I also felt it was foolish to even try and compare the shows as I felt the early episodes of BHA do a much better job at establishing everything and explaining them. What I forgot to mention is that I say that because the concept and premise of BHA is from American comics like X-Men. That is one of the reasons I can't take Fire Force serious. I'll happily acknowledge if you take it serious and like the concept. I'm just asking everyone this question. That's all.

Now the argument, "Dude just wait!" If you look at my myanimelist and anilist, I have watched more than enough anime to know where this is going. I also watch a lot of shonen and pretty much have seen all major mainstream ones on top of the sports one. I'm not gonna be shock by too many things these days man. That is why some people said the show was too shonen for them. I know the tropes and how the story is gonna go. I'll hold out hope for it but it is low at this point. BHA taking nods from western media was so fucking cool in my opinion.

Now on the fire fighters point, I know they are second and third generation inferals. All that text they spam on the screen is there for a reason. I know two of them have the ability to control fire. I get all that, but I still call them fire fighters because they are still performing the same tasks as a fire fighters. They are still wearing the same attire firefighters wear in real life. Just because they have special powers or second or third generation doesn't make them more than fire fighters. They even use the same tactics as fire fighters. So you can get mad at me there but the show can try its best they're fire fighters my man.

I'll respect you and acknowledge if you are into this and don't find the concept goofy. But this isn't a, "This may not be for you." My man I have gotten through shit like Queens Blades and fucking 3 parts of Jojo. I am open minded and down for anything. I don't dislike the show or anything like that. Why should I accept that when I try to get everything a fair shake?

But yeah sorry if I came off as rude or anything. That wasn't my intentions.
Jul 11, 2019 11:04 PM

May 2017
Well some people might nit know this, but people can literally burn without external interference. There have been some cases in the past but there's no solid evidence also it's theoretically possible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2019 11:17 PM

Jan 2011
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
Well some people might nit know this, but people can literally burn without external interference. There have been some cases in the past but there's no solid evidence also it's theoretically possible.
That's fucking insane.

Very interesting though.
Jul 11, 2019 11:25 PM
Nov 2017
MasterHavik said:
MonkeyDJasper said:
I didn't?

Well I think it works in Soul Eater since we're not really in the real world so if you see that you are more easier to accept, "OH this is what the world has to offer."

deg said:
Just because it is fiction doesn't stop it from being stupid. The same goes for a wrestling persona a wrestler creates for themselves.

v_max said:

Well the reason I can take a lot of the other shonen serious is because they are either not set in the real world, or if it is the real world they have gone out of their way to make what the characters do normal. My Hero Academia in season 1 and 2 really went out of their way to explain their world and how the heroes function in it. You could say all shonen have goofy concepts and premises but I take those mroe serious than the one here as they are taking something real liek firefighters and trying to turn them into a special squad with powers and shit fighting these weird demons.
but soul eater actually took place in Nevada so it’s very much the “ real world “
Jul 12, 2019 12:52 AM

May 2017
MasterHavik said:
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
That's fucking insane.

Very interesting though.
If you're interested google it. Or watch this https://youtu.be/mzG9VJswULc
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2019 3:01 AM
Nov 2015
MasterHavik said:
I know it has only been one episode, but does anyone find the concept and premise of the show goofy? One problem with the show is how serious they take it and I am like, "LOL look at the anime characters in Ozen's armor fight humanoid fire enemies." It doesn't help the main character's power is from his feet. That just makes it even more silly.

I know the creator of this did Soul Eater and that has some odd things in it but it fits with the world better there. So you are able to take serious some dude in a jacket becoming a scythe and eating souls than some dude in sandals with fire powers.
you do realize kill la
MasterHavik said:
dandar said:

I find it goofy as it is taking something real like firefighters and trying to a fancy spin on it. I do argee the main character is nto super interesting besides how he can't smile outright when he is happy. The mystery of the show is....oaky I guess? I don't like the, "They just showed up." line. No wonder this manga has a lower score than Soul Eater. I feel like he is playing it safe.
MasterHavik said:
MonkeyDJasper said:
I didn't?

deg said:

v_max said:

so what if it's set in the real world, as far from the set up goes it's set in a fictional version of our world key word fictional, its not governed by the same rules and logic of our world just because it's mirrors ours no shounen does that.

You bring up the my hero academia example, and continue to point out how it got two seasons to explore it's world and now you're dismissing this show already after 1 episode, the hypocracy is ridiculous.
Jul 12, 2019 3:09 AM
Nov 2015
MasterHavik said:
europaviews said:
It's an anime dude
So Eden of East is nothing right? We got an anime about how the human body works and how to properly workout recently. So please don't give me that crap. We have had aniem that are fulyl realistic and don't do anything silly. I am currently watching Monster right now.

thesecondkat said:
Some are like this yes, but the medium is vast enough you can get something like Eden of the East and Mosnter and not feel embarrass while watching it.

v_max said:

Okay, I may have made you mad here when there wasn't my intentions. Let me explain a few things. I did read your posts but I got a little mad at when you said BHA spoon feeds information to you and I took that an attack on well flush out the world and rules they have established were. I also felt it was foolish to even try and compare the shows as I felt the early episodes of BHA do a much better job at establishing everything and explaining them. What I forgot to mention is that I say that because the concept and premise of BHA is from American comics like X-Men. That is one of the reasons I can't take Fire Force serious. I'll happily acknowledge if you take it serious and like the concept. I'm just asking everyone this question. That's all.

Now the argument, "Dude just wait!" If you look at my myanimelist and anilist, I have watched more than enough anime to know where this is going. I also watch a lot of shonen and pretty much have seen all major mainstream ones on top of the sports one. I'm not gonna be shock by too many things these days man. That is why some people said the show was too shonen for them. I know the tropes and how the story is gonna go. I'll hold out hope for it but it is low at this point. BHA taking nods from western media was so fucking cool in my opinion.

Now on the fire fighters point, I know they are second and third generation inferals. All that text they spam on the screen is there for a reason. I know two of them have the ability to control fire. I get all that, but I still call them fire fighters because they are still performing the same tasks as a fire fighters. They are still wearing the same attire firefighters wear in real life. Just because they have special powers or second or third generation doesn't make them more than fire fighters. They even use the same tactics as fire fighters. So you can get mad at me there but the show can try its best they're fire fighters my man.

I'll respect you and acknowledge if you are into this and don't find the concept goofy. But this isn't a, "This may not be for you." My man I have gotten through shit like Queens Blades and fucking 3 parts of Jojo. I am open minded and down for anything. I don't dislike the show or anything like that. Why should I accept that when I try to get everything a fair shake?

you take a generic tried and tried concept seriously yet firefighters you can't even when it's such a unique idea.
Honestly none of your complaints make any sense. They are called firefighters and they perform the duty of firefighters, and that with the inclusion of supernatural elements, is enough for you to call it goofy. I don't get it. Kill la kill is the same way and most shounens like Yu Yu Hakusho, flame of recca, hitman reborn etc, are set in our world, this is different cause instead of warriors it uses and considering what the premise of the show is that choice is apt.
Jul 12, 2019 5:27 AM
Jun 2019
You think they are firefighters,thats on you.That's all I can say.

@Black_Sheep97 I am not good at arguing.Hope you have some better points.
Jul 12, 2019 6:08 AM

Jul 2016
I mean, not really? I don't really see what's so unenjoyably goofy about it. Personally, I've watched way, way more surreal stuff. Also, you said that, oppositely from other shonen, they don't really explain and normalize the world, but I think you're severely wrong. They already did a lot in the first episode, and they kept on doing it in the manga, by going as specific as stating hierarchy ranks and internal workings of the Fire Brigades. I would even say that they did better than how they did with My Hero Academia and others.

I mean, what's so out-of-there that it feels goofy and unreasonable to put up with? There's this virus that makes people combust and turns them into monsters, and there are people who are either born with the disease or survive from it who gain fire powers and can fight them back. I keep repeating myself, but I still don't see what's so goofy about it.
Also the fact that the protagonist shoots fire out of his feet ... I don't see why it feels so wrong to you. I mean, he has propulsor on his feet, kinda like Iida from BNHA. If anything, personally, I think it's way more creative than just make the MC throw punches or shooting fire beams.

Hope to not come out as excessively aggressive or demeaning, but from your posts, it feels more like you personally refuse to put up with Fire Force's world and internal workings than itself being too hard to accept.

Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Jul 12, 2019 6:51 AM
Nov 2015
v_max said:
You think they are firefighters,thats on you.That's all I can say.

@Black_Sheep97 I am not good at arguing.Hope you have some better points.
I can't really argue alot as the show just started , who knows what it will do from here?

I just don't agree with the statement that it appears weird and different makes it automatically goofy( whatever the OP means by it). Also don't agree with statement that by changing the name of the world and not calling it by similar names in our world would justify it taking the premise more seriously, having the same world but calling it by a different? That's just superficial and illogical, it doesn't change anything. Just because it has the same name and characteristics of our world doesn't mean it adheres to our logic and physics. So far it's events and action works with the premise it establishes. It's characters need work
Jul 12, 2019 7:42 AM
Feb 2015
Welcome to the world of anime bruh
Jul 12, 2019 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
This series is a better comedy than it is an action series. Some serious stuff later on is pretty good but the standouts are by far the comedy bits.
Jul 12, 2019 12:00 PM

Jan 2011
DYED said:
I mean, not really? I don't really see what's so unenjoyably goofy about it. Personally, I've watched way, way more surreal stuff. Also, you said that, oppositely from other shonen, they don't really explain and normalize the world, but I think you're severely wrong. They already did a lot in the first episode, and they kept on doing it in the manga, by going as specific as stating hierarchy ranks and internal workings of the Fire Brigades. I would even say that they did better than how they did with My Hero Academia and others.

I mean, what's so out-of-there that it feels goofy and unreasonable to put up with? There's this virus that makes people combust and turns them into monsters, and there are people who are either born with the disease or survive from it who gain fire powers and can fight them back. I keep repeating myself, but I still don't see what's so goofy about it.
Also the fact that the protagonist shoots fire out of his feet ... I don't see why it feels so wrong to you. I mean, he has propulsor on his feet, kinda like Iida from BNHA. If anything, personally, I think it's way more creative than just make the MC throw punches or shooting fire beams.

Hope to not come out as excessively aggressive or demeaning, but from your posts, it feels more like you personally refuse to put up with Fire Force's world and internal workings than itself being too hard to accept.

It's fine man. I can tell you like it mroe than BHA And that's cool. The reason I find it goofy is it is taking something that exists real life and adding a bizarre spin on it. I plan to watch the new episode right now and see what happens next. Also I will say they don't do a good job explaining their world if one of the explanations for inferals is, "They jsut showed up." You never say something like that. Just think you're watching a zombie movie and one of the characters says, "They just showed up one day and we have been fighting since then."

Also I don't see how this show is more creative than BHA when BHA is taking nods from American comics. Ever heard of X-Men? People compare BHA to X-Men and I can see that. Espeically if you watched Revolution and 90s cartoon.

Black_Sheep97 said:
MasterHavik said:

you take a generic tried and tried concept seriously yet firefighters you can't even when it's such a unique idea.
Honestly none of your complaints make any sense. They are called firefighters and they perform the duty of firefighters, and that with the inclusion of supernatural elements, is enough for you to call it goofy. I don't get it. Kill la kill is the same way and most shounens like Yu Yu Hakusho, flame of recca, hitman reborn etc, are set in our world, this is different cause instead of warriors it uses and considering what the premise of the show is that choice is apt.
I don't see what I am saying doesn't make any sense. I know people are really high on the show right now so I shouldn't be shock to see peopel get this defensive over it but still you guys acting like me calling it goofy means it's bad. It's not. Also Yu yu and Kill la kill have a different setup than this show so please don't compare them to justify why this show concept's isn't as silly.
Jul 12, 2019 12:15 PM

Jul 2016
MasterHavik said:
It's fine man. I can tell you like it mroe than BHA And that's cool. The reason I find it goofy is it is taking something that exists real life and adding a bizarre spin on it. I plan to watch the new episode right now and see what happens next. Also I will say they don't do a good job explaining their world if one of the explanations for inferals is, "They jsut showed up." You never say something like that. Just think you're watching a zombie movie and one of the characters says, "They just showed up one day and we have been fighting since then."

Also I don't see how this show is more creative than BHA when BHA is taking nods from American comics. Ever heard of X-Men? People compare BHA to X-Men and I can see that. Espeically if you watched Revolution and 90s cartoon.

I mean, that's what 99% of anime does. Unless it creates a completely new world from scratch a là Made In Abyss you could argue that every single anime under the sun takes "parts of real life, with a bizarre spin added on it".
The reason they don't explain where do Infernals come from is that they literally don't know, and finding that out is one of main objectives of the whole story. In a zombie movie I don't think they would explain you where the zombies came from and how to stop the virus from spreading in the first ten minutes. Just like that, if the mystery IS where the Infernals come from, don't expect it to be revealed in episode 1.

Also I really don't get your last point. "You can't say Fire Force is more creative than BHA because BHA takes inspiration from American comics" ... So what? Also I've never said that. I just said that I think Fire Force (so far) has handled the world-building better than BNHA.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Jul 12, 2019 12:29 PM
Nov 2015
MasterHavik said:
DYED said:

Black_Sheep97 said:
I don't see what I am saying doesn't make any sense. I know people are really high on the show right now so I shouldn't be shock to see peopel get this defensive over it but still you guys acting like me calling it goofy means it's bad. It's not. Also Yu yu and Kill la kill have a different setup than this show so please don't compare them to justify why this show concept's isn't as silly.
you're main statement is that the show is silly why ? Because it's an action shounen about firefighters, and the other reason you stated was that it is set in our world and that if it was set in another world that it would be taken more seriously.

It's a unique premise with a unique power system and so far as done a good job of justifying the stakes and actions in the story with that premise in mind, why is it silly? Cause they act like firefighters yeah no shit, cause the main source of conflict is fire and people who are trained to put out fire are called firefighters. Plus one of the characters has fire coming out of feet, so what? It's a shounen power fantasy of course it's gonna have weird powers to it and this is while done before as put its own spin on it. This plotting is different and unique from what we've seen before, as too why you consider it silly, I don't know. Being unique equals being silly while following the standard troupe( MHA) is great.

The reason I made that association with yu Yu Hakusho cause you're rationale goes onto them as well, they are both set in our world and have fantastical premises and logic in them. Fire force is more creative than Yu Yu Hakusho.

You need to elaborate better why fire force is ridiculous. And why you can't take it seriously cause all the reasons you stated is what makes it cool and unique. Unless you're somebody that can only associate the traditional character titles and roles like ninja, warriors etc., and something creative like utilizing fire fighters is inherently inferior because it doesn't follow the norm or the troupe route. Plus, one statement you made when comparing to my hero academia and why you take it seriously and don't consider it silly , is that it explored the concept of heroes in this world in it's two seasons, 😳 two seasons dude, you're dismissing a show by the first episode here and drawing a comparison to two seasons.

All in all, the premise is fine, your logic for it being silly and can't be taken seriously is built on emotion and your established association for what should be taken seriously in an action story, this is my assumption though. What should be critisized is the characters cause they are bland so far?

Another reason you stated is that it takes something real and puts a fancy spin on it. Yeah so what ? That's called being creative. Plus , both one piece and Naruto acclaimed shows if you didn't know did the same thing. Alot of stories take real life concepts and put fancy spins on it. It's just this to we got it with firefighters.

Plus, in case you didn't know apperently you didn't soul eater is also set in our world.

Sorry , i realize I may seem to be loosing my cool and sound over aggressive , it's just I get frustrated in an argument when I don't understand where the opposite person is coming. This is something anime does so well, it takes strange concepts and tells dramatic stories with them, why you can't take it seriously simply because it's about fire fighters, i can't understand it but I made assumptions before so sorry about that as well.
Black_Sheep97Jul 12, 2019 12:52 PM
Jul 12, 2019 3:20 PM
Jan 2019
What’s the point in criticising an anime for having goofy elements? Isn’t one of the benefits of it being an anime that you can do goofy shit? You rate MHA 9 or 10 when the mc got his powers by eating a piece of hair.
Jul 13, 2019 12:09 AM

May 2015
Just as goofy as Soul Eater's style. It'll get serious when needed.
Jul 13, 2019 1:28 AM
Jun 2019
Me: Yes, Of course! Fire-Force is taking something very real like firefighters and adding a spin to it.That is very goofy!Next thing you know janitors will become superheros.

Reasonable Anime Viewer: But, wait dude...

Me: Also, What is up with the Fate series? Same goofiness is present there too.They are adding a crazy spin on something very real which is Christianity. Holy Grail? Priest? Church? Omg I could not stop cringing at the blasphemy committed.

Reasonable Anime Viewer: But, that is not the same as actual Christianity. It is set-up in a fictional world which seems to have a religion similar to our christianity but there is also magic, heroes and so much more.

Me: Huh?! What the hell you saying? Did you not the see the Cross that Kotomine wears? Did you not see how exactly same the church is to a real one? Also, what's up with the story? Nothing is explained in the first episode about the world background and even after all those episodes what the hell is the holy grail and the origins of the war?Seriously, they should have info-dumped us in the first few episodes.

Reasonable Anime Viewer: (*mutters to self* No way can I convince someone whose mind has already been made) Yes! You are right.Have a good day sir.

P.S: Fate series fan here.Kiritsugu favorite character.
P.P.S: Nothing is said about the world of Fate Series.It is assumed to be our world or a spin-off of our world like Code-Geass.
Jul 13, 2019 8:21 AM

Mar 2016
No. So far I'm loving it but I need more world building. Their world is very interesting. Shaft's style of direction helps a lot too.
Jul 13, 2019 7:53 PM

Jan 2011
Black_Sheep97 said:
MasterHavik said:

you're main statement is that the show is silly why ? Because it's an action shounen about firefighters, and the other reason you stated was that it is set in our world and that if it was set in another world that it would be taken more seriously.

It's a unique premise with a unique power system and so far as done a good job of justifying the stakes and actions in the story with that premise in mind, why is it silly? Cause they act like firefighters yeah no shit, cause the main source of conflict is fire and people who are trained to put out fire are called firefighters. Plus one of the characters has fire coming out of feet, so what? It's a shounen power fantasy of course it's gonna have weird powers to it and this is while done before as put its own spin on it. This plotting is different and unique from what we've seen before, as too why you consider it silly, I don't know. Being unique equals being silly while following the standard troupe( MHA) is great.

The reason I made that association with yu Yu Hakusho cause you're rationale goes onto them as well, they are both set in our world and have fantastical premises and logic in them. Fire force is more creative than Yu Yu Hakusho.

You need to elaborate better why fire force is ridiculous. And why you can't take it seriously cause all the reasons you stated is what makes it cool and unique. Unless you're somebody that can only associate the traditional character titles and roles like ninja, warriors etc., and something creative like utilizing fire fighters is inherently inferior because it doesn't follow the norm or the troupe route. Plus, one statement you made when comparing to my hero academia and why you take it seriously and don't consider it silly , is that it explored the concept of heroes in this world in it's two seasons, 😳 two seasons dude, you're dismissing a show by the first episode here and drawing a comparison to two seasons.

All in all, the premise is fine, your logic for it being silly and can't be taken seriously is built on emotion and your established association for what should be taken seriously in an action story, this is my assumption though. What should be critisized is the characters cause they are bland so far?

Another reason you stated is that it takes something real and puts a fancy spin on it. Yeah so what ? That's called being creative. Plus , both one piece and Naruto acclaimed shows if you didn't know did the same thing. Alot of stories take real life concepts and put fancy spins on it. It's just this to we got it with firefighters.

Plus, in case you didn't know apperently you didn't soul eater is also set in our world.

Sorry , i realize I may seem to be loosing my cool and sound over aggressive , it's just I get frustrated in an argument when I don't understand where the opposite person is coming. This is something anime does so well, it takes strange concepts and tells dramatic stories with them, why you can't take it seriously simply because it's about fire fighters, i can't understand it but I made assumptions before so sorry about that as well.
Why do I find it silly and goofy? I'll just answer that question. I'll be as clear as possible and you say if it makes sense or not. At the end of the day this is my opinion. I feel a lot of comments here think I'm attacking the show and are being very defensive as they're caught up in the hype. Anyway let me explain...

I find the concept and premise silly because the of the powers are presented. These don't look cool to me but overly over the top for no reason. I found the weapons they showed off in episode 2 to be a lot mroe cool and interesting as they are upgrading existing tools to help combat this new foe. The Type 7 fire axe is still a fire axe jsut with the ability to fire a spike. I like stuff liek that. I can't buy two characters literally bending fire like it is avatar, one character in Arthur basically doing what Zuko and Azula were able to do when they learned lightning(points if you watched that far), and one doing ninja backflips and kicks with his fucking feet. The only character that isn't super fucking silly is the nun who thought was useless until I learned there is a whole religious side to this that I can actually respect. Something is wrong though when the least silly thing you have to offer from your show is a nun who does nothing but pray during fights.(This so totally won't be a problem later on in the series).

Now what makes it goofy? As you can see I love me some Jojo and jojo is just a wild fucking trip. What makes it goofy is if I were to compare Shinra's powers to Jotrao I would find what Jotrao doing to be much more cooler than interesting Shinra nervously smiling doing ninja backflips with his fire feet. Just think if Marvel or DC made a hero similar to Shinra, people would laugh it out of the building over here. Shinra is like what happens when you make a less interesting version of the Human Torch. I call the show goofy because of what I know about fire fighters and superheroes. The show isn't bad but if I watch to more of the characters actually sparring I'm going to laugh for all the wrong reasons. That fight with Maki for example in episode 2 could have ended very badly for either party. This is where I find it goofy because if Maki gets touch by Arthur she is losing something. If Maki uses her power she could literally burn Arthur and Shinra alive without much thought.

Sidenote: Arthur giving himself the title of Knight King is another thing that just makes me go like, "Really? How old are you 13?" That title is something I would have given to one of the CAWs I make in WWE games.

Also...not trying to be rude or anything no shit the characters are bland but people aren't gonna pay attention to that because it looks pretty.

v_max said:
Me: Yes, Of course! Fire-Force is taking something very real like firefighters and adding a spin to it.That is very goofy!Next thing you know janitors will become superheros.

Reasonable Anime Viewer: But, wait dude...

Me: Also, What is up with the Fate series? Same goofiness is present there too.They are adding a crazy spin on something very real which is Christianity. Holy Grail? Priest? Church? Omg I could not stop cringing at the blasphemy committed.

Reasonable Anime Viewer: But, that is not the same as actual Christianity. It is set-up in a fictional world which seems to have a religion similar to our christianity but there is also magic, heroes and so much more.

Me: Huh?! What the hell you saying? Did you not the see the Cross that Kotomine wears? Did you not see how exactly same the church is to a real one? Also, what's up with the story? Nothing is explained in the first episode about the world background and even after all those episodes what the hell is the holy grail and the origins of the war?Seriously, they should have info-dumped us in the first few episodes.

Reasonable Anime Viewer: (*mutters to self* No way can I convince someone whose mind has already been made) Yes! You are right.Have a good day sir.

P.S: Fate series fan here.Kiritsugu favorite character.
P.P.S: Nothing is said about the world of Fate Series.It is assumed to be our world or a spin-off of our world like Code-Geass.
You brought up Fate? Wow....that's a big meme. Next you'll tell me Dr. Stone is goofy.

anikevin said:
Just as goofy as Soul Eater's style. It'll get serious when needed.
Ehhh...it won't be as effective as Soul Eater. I only expect 14-17 year ldls to find anything they do serious as, "OH wow that was dark!"/ I'll like, "Oh you ninja backflip a fire demon. Yay!" Another issue with the show is chessy and kiddie it is. I get it the show is target at young boys, but at least My Hero Academia and Hunter x hunter were smart enough to call each other wusses.

Thanjh said:
What’s the point in criticising an anime for having goofy elements? Isn’t one of the benefits of it being an anime that you can do goofy shit? You rate MHA 9 or 10 when the mc got his powers by eating a piece of hair.
Not every anime is goofy my dude. Also, that isn't as silly as fire coming from your feet.

DYED said:
MasterHavik said:

I mean, that's what 99% of anime does. Unless it creates a completely new world from scratch a là Made In Abyss you could argue that every single anime under the sun takes "parts of real life, with a bizarre spin added on it".
The reason they don't explain where do Infernals come from is that they literally don't know, and finding that out is one of main objectives of the whole story. In a zombie movie I don't think they would explain you where the zombies came from and how to stop the virus from spreading in the first ten minutes. Just like that, if the mystery IS where the Infernals come from, don't expect it to be revealed in episode 1.

Also I really don't get your last point. "You can't say Fire Force is more creative than BHA because BHA takes inspiration from American comics" ... So what? Also I've never said that. I just said that I think Fire Force (so far) has handled the world-building better than BNHA.
Wrong that isn't one of the mysterious as in episode 2 none of them actually ask that question. Same in episode 1. Shinra takes the answer of them coming out of nowhere and just nods his head.

Also that's not 99% of anime as there is good amount of anime that don't pull that shit. You haven't watch enough if you think every anime has a fantasty element. I mean we have shows critiquing the anime and manga business for example.

Jul 14, 2019 1:35 AM
Nov 2015
Thanjh said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

Not every anime is goofy my dude. Also, that isn't as silly as fire coming from your feet.
What about Bakugou? Can he not do the same shit but with explosions coming out from his feet instead? He uses his sweat to do so but that doesn't make it less goofy. If the author wanted I'm sure Endeavor or Todoroki could fly using fire from their feet. You also have a girl that's a frog, a pink girl that secretes acid, a boy that produces sticky balls from his head and can rip them off at will, that guy with a beam or something coming out his chest can't remember him well, a girl that can make whatever she wants from her chest, a girl with headphone jacks coming from her ears, mashiroe has a tail, the principal is an animal.

Sounds a lot more goofy to me man and that's only the characters I can remember.

Also I never said all anime is goofy just that they can be if the creator wishes because the medium allows that possibility.
woah what's going on I never said this, did I ?
Jul 14, 2019 1:41 AM
Jan 2019
MasterHavik said:

Thanjh said:
What about Bakugou? Can he not do the same shit but with explosions coming out from his feet instead? He uses his sweat to do so but that doesn't make it less goofy. If the author wanted I'm sure Endeavor or Todoroki could fly using fire from their feet. You also have a girl that's a frog, a pink girl that secretes acid, a boy that produces sticky balls from his head and can rip them off at will, that guy with a beam or something coming out his chest can't remember him well, a girl that can make whatever she wants from her chest, a girl with headphone jacks coming from her ears, mashiroe has a tail, the principal is an animal.

Sounds a lot more goofy to me man and that's only the characters I can remember.

Also I never said all anime is goofy just that they can be if the creator wishes because the medium allows that possibility.
Jul 14, 2019 5:00 AM

May 2009
EVERYTHING these days has goofy scenes, even MAL TOP#1 rated anime and all recent disney blockbusters.
Jul 14, 2019 6:05 AM
Jun 2019
MasterHavik said:
You brought up Fate? Wow....that's a big meme. Next you'll tell me Dr. Stone is goofy.

Lmao. If i found anything goofy I would have dropped them. If you do/don't think Dr.Stone is goofy then go to this thread: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1790727
I am sick and tired of the stupidity of that thread(Not saying their reasons are invalid,just that they are all missing the point).It almost feels like adults are discussing over something like Spongebob if you get what i mean.
You are still analyzing things from only one type of viewpoint.Yes, there is lazy writing but at the end of the day,if you are the only one who found it goofy or a meme but others loved it,then I'll say the writers are pretty happy with what they have accomplished.
The writers are trying to sell you the concept.It's upto you to buy it or not.If you did not buy it,that's okay you don't go on a rant about how stupid the concept is.(don't insult the intelligence and hard work of content makers,you don't think they thought about all of this before making it)

Plus, I know what you tried to do there.You are all out of arguments so you are shifting to Ad Hominem ones.'Fate is a meme' lol, you are trying to make me mad because I said I was a fan. Now you'll say something like 'Not at all...' and try to explain why you think Fate is a meme or say that it was my fault for assuming that.
This has to be one of those bait threads because after 40+ posts neither OP nor the rest of us have reached a mutual point of understanding.Like not even one.Even in the Dr.Stone thread, the OP and others agreed to some points.But you are just to trying to blatantly deny everything and the reasons for negation that you give are highly subjective and don't make sense objectively.

If you can't stomach the 'coming out of nowhere' trope(if that is the right word) then it's fine.It is just the way things work for you.You do not need to compare it with other shows and say it is bad and that it would have been better if they did things your way.End of the day,there is only one thing that is triggering me.You are bringing your subjective preferences and making into a general objective argument.You don't even acknowledge this to an extent.
At the least, can we call it quits? Because there is no way you can change our minds as you are not arguing from a neutral perspective but from a biased one.And there is no way we can change your mind because you are dead-set yourself.
The whole post,I never spoke about an anime in a derogatory manner(that 'spoonfed' earlier was the only one.That's more me being lazy than anything else) and even tried to bring out 'flaws' from my favorites for the sake of discussion.And the best response you give me is '- is a meme '.Whatever kid,I am done.No more posts from me.Congrats you won.No point in debating something if your responses are going to be in this manner.At the very least,you could have said 'But I find Fate(or even anything else) to be goofy IMO)' but it is clear you just want to make me mad.
Jul 14, 2019 1:19 PM

Dec 2016
Yeah it seems pretty weird to me, though I am considering watching it anyway because the girl in it is hot (no pun intended). Worth it or not?

What's the difference?
Jul 14, 2019 1:23 PM

Jan 2011
Thanjh said:
MasterHavik said:

Well Bakugo's power is basically just Human Torch if his body wasn't on fire. A lot of what you listed from My Hero Academia can found in X-Men. Froppy is just a rule 63 version of Toad for example. A lot of what you are finding silly or goofy is taken from American superheroes.

Daemon said:
Yeah it seems pretty weird to me, though I am considering watching it anyway because the girl in it is hot (no pun intended). Worth it or not?
Eh...maybe? It's up to you at the end of the day.
Jul 14, 2019 3:00 PM
Jan 2019
MasterHavik said:
Thanjh said:

Well Bakugo's power is basically just Human Torch if his body wasn't on fire. A lot of what you listed from My Hero Academia can found in X-Men. Froppy is just a rule 63 version of Toad for example. A lot of what you are finding silly or goofy is taken from American superheroes.
And what’s the relevance of them being inspired by American superheroes? I’m simply saying that you’re critical of a show for being goofy because of a characters ability when one of your top rated shows had plenty of arguably more goofy characters.
Jul 15, 2019 10:59 AM
Jul 2014
Jesus fucking Christ, what a goddamn whole of text for a guy complaining a premise.

Ehy OP, learn to understand context.
Not every show (or manga, this thing is around from 4 fucking years) have to be vanilla as to try hard to be different. Some fiction can work with a simple and effective concept to do what they do.

Just think about MHA, they are kinda similar in this: they try to take the best from the good ol' battle shonens of late 90s/start of 2000 and adapt it to modern style and with a different take on the "Save people/the world".

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by beamtoes »»
Apr 10, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

386 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

118 by capybara_helo »»
Mar 10, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2019

108 by capybara_helo »»
Mar 10, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

71 by BrianaBird »»
Feb 22, 9:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.