Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 10, 2019 12:12 PM
Nov 2016
I think this forum has been created before, but heck it, I might as well make another one similar! When I was watching Little Busters; Refrain, I can't help but feeling more emptier each time I watch the next progressing episode. The OP becomes sadder, and I become more depresso with the need to drink espresso to drown the lonliness. Do you ever get that lonly feeling when watching Little Busters, or any other good anime for instance?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 10, 2019 12:14 PM
May 2019
Let's see Silent Voice, Your Lie in April, Death Note, Code Geass, Akame Ga Kill.
Jul 10, 2019 12:18 PM
Nov 2016
Xstasy said:
Let's see Silent Voice, Your Lie in April, Death Note, Code Geass, Akame Ga Kill.

I've seen Death Note, but somehow it never left that 'empty' effect on me. For 'Your Lie in April' I cannot face watching that because of the depression it will cause. :(
Jul 10, 2019 12:19 PM

Jul 2017
Big Order! Mmmm that delicious wincest ending made me realize nothing could match it /s
Jul 10, 2019 12:20 PM

Jun 2019
There's several anime that have that effect. It's intentional. Your Lie In April is the perfect example.
Jul 10, 2019 12:22 PM

Jan 2019
A Silent Voice, Madoka Magica, and um Death Note I guess to a lesser degree. And also Hunter x Hunter 2011.
"In the End, Only Kindness Matters" -Jewel
Jul 10, 2019 12:25 PM
Nov 2016
Ryougine said:
There's several anime that have that effect. It's intentional. Your Lie In April is the perfect example.

I see. Another one that had left an effect on me was 'Death Parade'. Well, not EXACTLY, but it left me kinda empty, but kinda...fullfilled, if that makes sense?
Jul 10, 2019 1:22 PM

May 2019
Grave of the Fireflies. Nothing I've ever watched anime wise has made me feel sad and empty like this one has.
Jul 10, 2019 1:32 PM

Jan 2018
After Story, certain deaths in Geass R2 and Fullmetal Alchemist messed me up for days.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jul 13, 2019 8:38 PM
Jul 13, 2019 8:39 PM

Jun 2016
Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Katanagatari, Higurashi no naku koro ni.
Jul 13, 2019 8:50 PM

Oct 2017
Death Note
Evangelion
Soon Shingeki no kyojin
A Silent Voice
Madoka Magica
Jul 13, 2019 8:58 PM
Jul 2018
Ranma 1/2, my favorite childhood anime/manga series, continues to make me feel empty and depressed every time I re-watch it. Not every episode of course has this effect on me, but some episodes just make me feel really lousy in the head.

I'm not sure if it's just Rumiko Takahashi's works, but I've felt this way while watching through all of InuYasha as well, and while I was, at one point, reading through Kyoukai no Rinne.
Jul 13, 2019 10:31 PM
Dec 2017
The only anime that left me with an empty feeling was Devilman Crybaby. When I watched the last episode, I wasn't even sad. I felt nothing because I basically couldn't process what had just happened.
Jul 13, 2019 10:38 PM

Oct 2016
Death Note for sure. Nothing else tops that depressing feeling I get when Light dies on those stairs. I've watched it 3 times and each time I get to the last episode, I feel upset for days.

More recently though, I was watching Madoka Magica and Made In Abyss alongside each other and after finishing them I felt pretty upset because that had kind of been my late night thing for a week and a half.

Jul 14, 2019 7:52 PM

Jan 2017
For me, it has to be WorldEnd and White Album 2, those endings...
Jul 14, 2019 8:17 PM

Oct 2012
Texhnolyze. It's actually one of my favorite anime of all time, but I rarely re-watch it because it has such a nihilistic view of the world. Every episode, especially near the end, is incredibly dark and depressing.
Jul 14, 2019 8:32 PM

Aug 2018
Some shows have done this for me but they all pale in comparison to the first time I finished Cowboy Bebop. The show itself was such a unique and entertaining experience that I stretched it out over a couple weeks and when it did end with such finality it felt like I'd lost something special knowing I'd never be able to experience the series for the first time ever again.
Jul 14, 2019 8:34 PM

Feb 2017
What about Clannad: After story? That was sad and empty for me. And I agree on Your Lie in April too.

『時間は限られています。時間は貴重です。今それを住んでいます。』

Jul 14, 2019 8:48 PM

Aug 2013
Hmm, probably Devilman: Crybaby. There were a few scenes that left me feeling empty.

Gonna leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs-PzathtLA (Beautiful song from the anime)
Jul 14, 2019 9:06 PM

Aug 2018
Now and then, here and there. And bokurano. Both are kinda similar stories with similar issues... huge ISSUES. They are just tragic stories with a very slim light that it makes you wonder if it was enough for it. Those shows really are fucked up...

On a side note, why the fuck can anybody be sad with Clannad AF? It is a happy ending.

ImWaltz said:
Hmm, probably Devilman: Crybaby. There were a few scenes that left me feeling empty.

Gonna leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs-PzathtLA (Beautiful song from the anime)
I agree on this! Devilman actually made me sad too...
Jul 14, 2019 9:30 PM

Aug 2015
inflowing said:
Grave of the Fireflies. Nothing I've ever watched anime wise has made me feel sad and empty like this one has.

Yup, the only true answer.

No other show has left me in such despair and self hatred as the Grave of Fireflies. I still refuse to rewatch it because I know I will not be able to function for the next few days. When my friends suggested we should watch it for a good cry, they just don’t understand the gravity.
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

Jul 14, 2019 10:04 PM
Jul 2018
Aku no Hana made me feel like a fucking shit
Jul 14, 2019 10:08 PM

Feb 2018
Hana_Poko said:
inflowing said:

No other show has left me in such despair and self hatred as the Grave of Fireflies. I still refuse to rewatch it because I know I will not be able to function for the next few days. When my friends suggested we should watch it for a good cry, they just don’t understand the gravity.

It's a bit weird. I didn't actually cry while I was watching the movie, the tears only started falling after it was over.

Adding to that list I would also say shinsekai yori. You almost grow up with the characters, and to hear the second movement of new world symphony... it just kills me.

If you're reading this,

You must be really bored.
Jul 14, 2019 10:18 PM

Aug 2015
Appleseed4k said:
Hana_Poko said:

It's a bit weird. I didn't actually cry while I was watching the movie, the tears only started falling after it was over.

Yes, exactly my point. You sort of don't watch the movie for a cry; that's not what the show wants from its audience (in my opinion). The Grave of Fireflies almost consumes the viewer in complete guilt
I'm not even sure I shed a tear; was too empty for any emotion of sadness.
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

Jul 14, 2019 10:44 PM

May 2018
Your Lie in April. Still feel sad about the ending.
Jul 14, 2019 10:57 PM

Oct 2013
Naruto. I spent all that time watching Naruto from the beginning all the way to the end of Shippuuden, including the filler. When I finished I didn't know what to do anymore.
Jul 14, 2019 11:21 PM

Jun 2017
Feeling empty not necessarily means bad or sad for me. It's more like a feeling that I'm going to miss the characters, the story, the anime in general. It could also happen when there's a sad, depressing ending or maybe a cliff-hanger, or it ends too soon and just wish to watch more of it. In other words, "post-anime depression" or the void you feel when you're done with an anime.

This has happened with plenty of anime over the 5 years I've been watching anime, starting with my first anime: Death Note.

FMAB
Angel Beats
NGE
TTGL
Your Lie in April
S;G
Spirited Away
Your Name

Manga:

Onani Master Kurosawa
Koe no Katachi
Oyasumi Pun Pun
Orange

Jul 15, 2019 12:45 AM
Mar 2014
Akame Ga Kill.[/quote]

The anime was such a different narrative from the manga, but it was all the same in the end. Had such potential, incredibly thrown away in just a few episodes/chapters.
Can't have a Rainbow with REYN, BABY!
Jul 15, 2019 12:56 AM
May 2018
Clannad, Code Geass, Madoka Magica, Death Note and Koe no Katachi are the ones that crushed my heart the most. They're also my favourite animes. Figures xD.

Also, it was not really made in anime, but Kotori's story in the Rewrite visual novel is also incredibly depressing.
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Jul 15, 2019 1:02 AM
Feb 2019
Angel Beats!
Assassination Classroom

Both are one of my favorite anime of all time and I felt empty afterward because they're my favorites
Jul 15, 2019 5:45 AM

Jan 2016
Just like someone else above "Feeling empty not necessarily means bad or sad for me." For me, it's just a feeling of 'wanting more'; doesn't want it to conclude and end. To fill the void, i usually end up reading a lot of the series's lore, spending my time hoping i get the unreachable satisfaction that i want. Nevertheless, there is a lot. Im just gonna mentions that i remember.
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, Mahou Shoujo Madoka, Shinsekai Yori, ReLIFE, Steins;Gate, Hyouka, Fate/Stay Night UBW & Fate/Zero
Jul 15, 2019 5:46 AM

Jan 2013
NHK ni Youkoso, Legend of Galactic Heroes
Jul 15, 2019 7:48 AM

May 2018
White Album 2, both the anime and the VN. Usually I don't feel bad and sad afterwards, most of the time I feel a lot of things (if what I'm consuming is good) but just as I watch, play or read something, it's something simultaneous. I mean, I recognize it as some sort of entertainment, so anime never really makes me feel something that can be extended; beyond it. White Album 2 is the only exception, it makes me really sad, I cry, it makes me feel despair and loneliness, it's at the same time beautiful and sorrowful. This is a love story that both fills me and makes me completely empty. It touches me deeply and hurts me, even after playing the whole VN and all the routes within. Probably the best explanation for what I feel with White Album 2 is that I experienced something very similar in my life, which made me a skeptical and cynical person. So, to watch this in fiction is something that makes me feel a lot of things, one of them is emptiness.
GuidSMRJul 15, 2019 7:54 AM

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Jul 15, 2019 7:52 AM
Aug 2018
most recently sakamichi had me feeling like absolute shit
Jul 15, 2019 7:54 AM

Jun 2019
Your Lie In April.

Dealing with loss, TWICE, was bad enough for the main character, but then the letter at the end just stabs you when you're down. I love that series, but it took me like a full day to feel normal again.

Jul 15, 2019 7:25 PM

Aug 2018
I guess zankyou no terror and Silent voice.
Jul 18, 2019 11:18 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Madoka Magica, especially with its third movie Rebellion.

No matter how many times I re-watch it or re-read the manga versions of both, I always end up feeling a little sad/empty for a while.
Doesn't mean that I don't enjoy the series though.
Jul 19, 2019 5:25 AM
Apr 2019
- Kamisama Kiss (at first i feel so happy and then empty)
- Nisekoi (same case as kamisama)
- Danganronpa
Jul 19, 2019 7:19 PM

Aug 2018
Clannad After Story, Ange Beats, and Plastic Memories all ripped a hole through my heart
Jul 19, 2019 7:33 PM
Nov 2018
For me it would have to definitely be Clannad AS
After watching it I fell into a void where I couldn’t watch another anime after I finished it and ended up dropping a lot of shows
I felt empty when I finished thinking how am I going to get over this and only until I saw Your lie in April did I get out of this void which is pretty ironic seeming it was just as depressing
Jul 19, 2019 7:35 PM
News Team
Demon Spawn

Apr 2017
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
That left me so void for like a week after I watched it
Jul 19, 2019 10:23 PM

Feb 2016
YLIA everyone says this but it has been in the number 1 spot since I've seen watched it dubbed when it released
i wonder how much ill enjoy it subbed

might need to change my rating system now that i've seen this thread
YLIA might be the only true 10 for me
i have like 100 10s lol
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 19, 2019 10:26 PM

Dec 2016
Koe no Katachi, Kimi no Na wa, Made in Abyss, Clannad After Story (this one was by far the "worst"), well almost any anime in my "favorites"
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Jul 20, 2019 2:10 AM

Nov 2012
Most recent would have to be Senko-San https://myanimelist.net/anime/38759/Sewayaki_Kitsune_no_Senko-san

I put off watching the last episode till just now because I knew it was going to make me feel this way..... knowing that no matter how many hours I work (50-60hrs a week) or how lonely I might feel that a cute fox god will never come to pamper me.... feelsbadman

Jul 20, 2019 4:34 AM

Aug 2018
Most anime in my fav list but the most were Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and K-ON!! The graduating thing always getting my emotions.The latest was Saekano Season 2 it actually had happy last episode but i dont know i felt emptiness after watching it i even got sick from it xD maybe im thinking too much about Katou
SOP-IIJul 20, 2019 4:39 AM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jul 20, 2019 4:59 AM

Dec 2017
There are a lot like deathnote. Little buster:refrain is definitely one of them but inuyashiki gave me most emptiest feeling.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Jul 20, 2019 5:08 AM

Jun 2016
edelgord said:
Aku no Hana made me feel like a fucking shit
Wow so deep. Be careful you might cut yourself on that edge.
Jul 20, 2019 10:20 AM

Jun 2009
- Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai - Especially near the end when shiga asks Sakura's mom
. That scene destoyed me, and made me the whole anime so much more impactful for me. I never expected that movie to end the way it did.

- Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - Same kind of emptiness i felt as with Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai, the only difference being that

- Grave of the fireflies - No explanation needed, probably the only anime i dont wanna see a 2nd time of everything i scored 8+/10
Jul 21, 2019 3:49 AM

Jul 2011
A lof of anime have left me empty. I use to get that kinda feeling when I finish games but it also happens with anime ocsasionally. I finished LOGH yesterday and don't know what I'm supposed to feel at the moment.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 7 hours ago

33 by FanofAction »»
12 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates.

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

41 by AverageRiceFan »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Yesterday

19 by mizukasa »»
26 minutes ago

» Anime you hope will be announced as soon as possible.

Dominusew - Today

17 by RaymondAnime »»
28 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

43 by KittenCuddler »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.