Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 10, 2019 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A new OP song! I like it tbh, about as catchy as the previous one.

I'm glad to see Carole and Tuesday gaining more mainstream and public popularity. Hell, they're even offered contracts. It's an important step for their careers if you ask me.

Angela's career is also taking a big step forward with a big debut song.
Jul 10, 2019 9:38 AM

Nov 2007
OP1 was in the city (darker), while OP2 is both in the countryside and city (and brighter). The music is also nice in another way.

Allen? Parody of ellen? And the duo are guest appearing it.

Since ex-child actress is the one who won, she will be the first one to push the major debut and to have press conference. Debut song already done? and HiroC's character no longer looking at Angela like the final round.

Doing laundry and met a man who helped the duo. He uses Aikidou.

Their difference.... the duo not thinking Angela as enemy (probably as comrade), while Angela wanting to delete them...

Freedom vs. money... People wanting to be Carole's family... It's their time to get produced.

Tuesday's election + brother helping out.

Suwabe-san reporter...

Not much freedom, so rejected. So self-production. Searching for a producer. Street performance to call him out.

Crazy person appeared. It's him?!

ED2 feels like ED1 ex-child actress ver. for being walking, but has robotic feeling because HiroC's character's produce style to her songs. I don't know how to feel about the song (in terms of like or hate), though, but so sad.
tsubasaloverJul 10, 2019 6:21 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 10, 2019 10:02 AM

Nov 2015
Angela has a Instagram account.
Follow her here: https://instagram.com/angelacarpenterofficial?igshid=p8cchtdyblpw

Space Trump
Old_School_AkiraJul 11, 2019 9:12 AM
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jul 10, 2019 12:16 PM

Feb 2019
I don't know where you guys are getting the new episode but I cannot find it via any of the usual methods. :(
Jul 10, 2019 2:38 PM
Jan 2018
TheCommoner said:
I don't know where you guys are getting the new episode but I cannot find it via any of the usual methods. :(
They probably watched it on Netflix Japan
Jul 10, 2019 7:39 PM

Mar 2014
the opening is so weird. dont get any climax from the song.
Jul 11, 2019 8:08 AM

Jan 2018
I'm not really digging the new op, but it will grow on me eventually.
so much murica reference, and it didn't surprise me that Gus going to reject the contract somehow, start from the bottom again I guess!!
Jul 11, 2019 8:34 AM

Jul 2012
Cute new op.

Angela's new song "Breath Again" is really high quality, but I think "Move Mountains" is still her best song.

I have a feeling that Dann is from earth and he is actually related to Carole.

Last scene where Carole and Tuesday was singing is propably my favorite in the entire show right now.
Digimon is the best Isekai
Jul 11, 2019 8:36 AM

Dec 2013
Valerie's rally was uhhh... Well, it's not like this show wasn't already political, so I guess they're going all the way now. Still it kinda took me by surprise.

Great episode as always!
NthDegreeJul 11, 2019 9:39 AM
Jul 11, 2019 8:38 AM

Feb 2019
Well that episode had a far darker tone than anything previously seen: Valerie's political campaign message with the shadiness involved there, Tuesday being accosted by some young punks, the talk show host trying to force a rivalry between Angela and C&T, the contract negotiation was all serious business, and that depiction of the slums of Alba City. The ending credits was also a fairly emotive piece of music as well. I prefer this ending over the first half already.

I am not sure how I feel about the opening song yet but I really enjoy the animation. The scene where Angela asks where Tao is yet again, at her debut, only to have it cut to him just messing around with a rubix cube was pretty funny.

I did not see Gus turning down the contract with the record label but I guess it makes sense to not have rivals on the same record label competing against each other. I hope my intuition is wrong on this but does anyone feel that the guy that Carole and Tuesday met in the laundromat was possibly Carole's father? it seems too obvious to do that. Maybe they are just related somehow?

I thought that C&T's new song Army of Two was better than Angela's single Breathe Again. And that crazy old man swinging around an ax is apparently the legendary producer they were only talking about seconds before. Another ridiculously contrived Watanabe moment. Love it.
Jul 11, 2019 8:54 AM

Jul 2017
New episode after a week break.

The 2nd cour OP is so weirdly-sounding, probably would take sometime for me to get used to it. Still greatly prefer the 1st OP though. Angela's VA for 2nd ED really foreshadows a lot of stuff, but it will take time to break down everything.

Probably the resemblance to The Ellen Show is as good as the real deal. When such celebrities are celebrated for their debut, it becomes hard to shake the popularity off. And that is NO issue for Angela, with a fast pacing to ensure her name and massive popularity doesn't go stale.

And of course, C&T (not) landing their 1st contract. But with Gus being cautious (which is to be expected), having that contract will only make things difficult for them (Gus and Roddy as well), and so, staying indie is the way to go.

PROBLEM IS, Tuesday's mom being the usual "Hillary Clinton" political figure, as per usual, plus her own son (which we've seen last episode in helping Tuesday escape), isn't helping at all about their own stanza. What that is, not sure as of yet, but as per se with politics, there is some dirty work in the presence.

Seems Gus knows of someone legendary but in the blacklist of some shady town, and the plan of C&T's song is to lure him out. And the song is perfect for the occasion, "Army of Two". And the plan succeeded, but with a risk. How would this plan out?
Jul 11, 2019 9:12 AM

Sep 2010
aaand we're back to 'Gus' crazy plans to get C&T famous ft. Roddy'

wouldn't have it any other way ;P
Jul 11, 2019 9:12 AM

Nov 2017
I feel like the show is losing its already flimsy sense of direction, though that remains to be seen.
TheDopplerEffectJul 11, 2019 9:37 AM
Jul 11, 2019 9:15 AM

May 2017
That Tobe guy is definitely gonna be an interesting new character.

Not digging the new OP as much as the first, though I do really love the new ED if anything.
Jul 11, 2019 9:32 AM

Feb 2019
NthDegree said:
Meanwhile, that Epstein reference sure didn't age well between the production and the airing. Yikes.
TheDopplerEffect said:
An Epstein reference? Surely they had the time to cut that out and they should have.
You guys do realize the Epstein reference is referring to the Beatles' manager right? Further proving my point is George Martin was the Beatles' producer, and this is not the first time Gus has compared himself to Brian Epstein in the show.
Jul 11, 2019 9:33 AM
Sep 2016
with this whole deportation message that Tuesday's mom is pushing, I think it's gonna lead to Carole being in danger of being deported since she was originally from Earth, not Mars.
Jul 11, 2019 9:36 AM

Nov 2017
TheCommoner said:
NthDegree said:
Meanwhile, that Epstein reference sure didn't age well between the production and the airing. Yikes.
TheDopplerEffect said:
An Epstein reference? Surely they had the time to cut that out and they should have.
You guys do realize the Epstein reference is referring to the Beatles' manager right? Further proving my point is George Martin was the Beatles' producer, and this is not the first time Gus has compared himself to Brian Epstein in the show.

My bad, you're correct.
Jul 11, 2019 9:38 AM

Dec 2013
TheCommoner said:
NthDegree said:
TheDopplerEffect said:

That's relieving to hear.
Jul 11, 2019 9:42 AM
Aug 2008

Ultimate proof that this is an official Instagram account (some idiots still think it's fanmade). The same photos and almost the same followers number.

https://www.instagram.com/carole_and_tuesday/
Jul 11, 2019 10:28 AM

Jul 2016
Oh Ellen DeGeneres is gonna have words!

One the really amazing things about Shinichiro Watanabe as a director is his genuine love of "the public". All of the shows he's led have had some element of what normal people think about the amazing, beautiful events going on around the, and I think that love really shines through in this episode in particular. Also, man knows how to make a good soundtrack!

Speaking of, love the new OP. Sounds really smooth, like I could listen to it on loop for hours. Less big on the new ED, but I definitely get what it's going for and the song is still pretty good.

BTW I know Tuesday's mom is a fucking monster but damn, I was not expecting them to go full Trump on us. I wonder if that might end up muddling the message a bit later on? I dunno, depends on what the show ultimately ends up doing with the character.

As for the new characters, I'll be shocked if Dann doesn't turn out to be Carole's dad and I love how the show can end on a crazy ass cliffhanger every single week and still make it funny. Tobe's gonna be fun, I can tell.
ChilliePeppersJul 11, 2019 10:34 AM
Jul 11, 2019 10:34 AM
Oct 2015
Guys I need help here! What's the name of the song played during the Allen into?
Jul 11, 2019 10:47 AM

Feb 2019
jsaturn said:
with this whole deportation message that Tuesday's mom is pushing, I think it's gonna lead to Carole being in danger of being deported since she was originally from Earth, not Mars.
I never even thought of that. Interesting point. I wonder if the show will in fact try to take that direction.
Jul 11, 2019 10:58 AM

May 2015
I loved the new songs! Even though they are both beautiful, I still prefer C&T's style.
OP and ED were good too.

The girls just don't seek the easiest route, I kinda hoped they'll kick off with Ertegun this time but the new crazy guy seems fun too.

And I have a feeling the politics will ruin it all.

Jul 11, 2019 11:12 AM

Oct 2017
Both Angela and Carole & Tuesday's new songs was really awesome. Loved both of em,both the new op and ed was nice too. Also I wonder if that old man is Carole's father and seems like more troubles coming because of tuesdays mom's election. lmao that legendary producer seemed more like a legendary wild beast.
Jul 11, 2019 11:45 AM

Mar 2016
An Ellen parody, huh? Well, Ellen is so much better!

I thought the miscommunication in the interview would result in a big mess, but nothing really happened. I don't even know what the point of the interview was. They could have just shown us a picture of a few interviews with narration over it.

The mum looks like Trump. What is it with Trump-like characters in anime? Hope someone makes a 'Top 10 Donald Trumps in Anime' video in 2020.

I think I like Angela's side of the story a lot more. Carole and Tuesday have a really basic fulfil-your-dream arc.
Jul 11, 2019 12:01 PM

Sep 2014
That last scene was so beautiful.

Not a big fan of Angela's new song but C&T's has potential.

Lots of nice incidental character moments and fun interactions this episode, looks like the show is retaining its pre-Mars Brightest quality which I'm very glad to see.
Jul 11, 2019 12:06 PM

Dec 2015
Yeah. I think the Dann guy might be the father. Already expected that when he fought to protect them. With the episode later talking about Carole's past it's like the director wanted to tell us "yeah what you were alraedy thinking is correct".

Fun to see the mother of Tuesday reminding me of Trump when I'm not even from the US and I don't care much about Trump. But I guess he's just too popular with trying to do something about illegal immigrants. (Exact that line someone screened above reminded me of Trump then.)

Curious about the PR guys and journalists finding out about the connection between Tuesday and her mom.

That producer guy as fun. Already knew he was going to be the producer before Gus mentioned it. I mean the show is famous for weird/funny stuff now and this was still pretty normal compared to the Mermaid Sisters. He seemed like a zombie though. :D

I also had expected Gus to reject the offer from Catherine's company.
LuthandoriusJul 11, 2019 12:31 PM
Jul 11, 2019 12:10 PM

Aug 2018
Angela's a true competitor, but she seems to have given some motivation to our favorite duo

Funny that the mother reminded me a bit of Trump (I really hope they give us a "Make Mars great again")

Gus always has nice ideas, like going to a favela to find a sort of drunk Santa with an axe
Jul 11, 2019 12:22 PM

Apr 2016
The voice treatment of Angela sounds always more "plastic-commercial-awful". They should stop wasting a good voice with shitty effects.

I bet This Dann guy is related to Carole. I thought her father maybe, but more probably an uncle or something ? He seems cool so finger crossed this will become canon later.

I'm not that surprised they didn't go along with the major. They have tendency to use their position of power to impose bad conditions on the contracts with new not so famous but promising artists.

TheCommoner said:
jsaturn said:
I never even thought of that. Interesting point. I wonder if the show will in fact try to take that direction.

Tuesday's mother is the villain of this show. First she is obviously not a good mother with Tuesday, she is selfish, her speech tends toward xenophobia and the journalist himself says she has shady connections and her campaign adviser is not a good guy either.

The only surprise here is that best bro Spencer is helping her. If he was really intelligent, he wouldn't.
Jul 11, 2019 12:32 PM

Sep 2011
Well, the second half certainly started with many things happening. That Dann guy is most certainly related to Carole, probably even her father. But the lost time is never coming back and it's not like Carole needs or is looking for him. But I don't know, maybe he is a good person, who might have had a "reason" to abandon his daughter her whole life like Tuesday wondered, but only time will tell. Then Valerie and Spencer. I thought that Tuesday's mother being a politician would only be used as an obstacle in the way of her dreams, but it seems that this election is going to be a big point. I know that I'm already interested in that journalist.

And I can't believe Gus. Sure, for now they are famous, riding on the fame and doing interviews here and there, but this means nothing, people move on really fast and they will be forgotten come the next hit wonder if they don't stay relevant. He should have signed that contract, maybe it was worse than Angela's since they "lost" and weren't as famous as her, but it was something certain. Now they need to rely on a crazy and screaming old dude with an axe, and I don't know. But well, the one with experience here is Gus, Let's hope he knows what he's doing this time. And I like the new OP (since it is pretty much in the same style as the first), and the new ED with Angela is nice, but I already miss the previous ones.
Jul 11, 2019 12:35 PM
Aug 2014
Tobe=Rick Rubin?

I really like the new ED with Angela.
Jul 11, 2019 12:41 PM

May 2015
I still love the show I just didn't enjoy the episode much.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit
Jul 11, 2019 12:41 PM
Jan 2018
Idk about y’all but the stranger Carole met at the laundry place immediately made me sus. I’m pretty sure Danm is Carole’s dad. And this may be a stretch but what if the dude that took pics of Valerie’s campaign is also Tuesday’s dad? That might be what they’re going for here.
Jul 11, 2019 1:03 PM
Aug 2008
TheCommoner said:
jsaturn said:

It was my first thought. You need to watch more carefully.
Jul 11, 2019 1:10 PM

Dec 2011
Honestly the highlight of the episode is the new ED, the visuals of which somehow reminded me of Psycho-Pass. Nothing else caught my interest whatsoever and that's really a shame. I'm slowly losing track of the spark that made me so enthusiastic about this show, but hey, the second half has just barely started.

That Space Trump tho.
KyorisJul 13, 2019 5:10 PM
Jul 11, 2019 1:13 PM
Dec 2014
New OP is bad to me... feels really clunky.

Angela's new song was decent.

C&T's song "Army of Two" was amazing. I'd say it might be better than Loneliest Girl... really liked that it doesn't sound anything like their other songs and was sung in a lower octave.

That carried the entire episode for me. But we're at least out of the terrible "tournament arc". Really like how they threw us into a new series with just parts of the past in it.

One interesting thing to note on this episode: Angela brought up finding heaven in her song, and C&T brought up how they've been to hell and back. The minor details in this show make it for me. Good episode.
Jul 11, 2019 1:16 PM

Feb 2019
Wojtini21 said:
TheCommoner said:

It was my first thought. You need to watch more carefully.
Wow, thanks for the advice. It will really enhance my viewing of the show going forward.
Jul 11, 2019 1:17 PM

Oct 2010
Lol @ Space Trump. I hope this doesn't get too political.

I don't like any of the new songs. Too much processing for my tastes in most and the new OP just doesn't flow well. Angela's singer in her debut song sounds like she's trying to hard to create a fake accent (common fad in Western music lately) so it just sounds forced to me.

I did like that Gus rejected the deal. I always wanted Carole & Tuesday to succeed with their own talent and not because of a record company pushing them onto people.
Jul 11, 2019 1:20 PM

Apr 2016
The new song is really catchy. A pretty good episode overall!

Run with the Wind is criminally underrated.
Jul 11, 2019 1:25 PM

Oct 2012
So Tuesday's mom is Trump. No wonder she's such a bitch. Will she try to use Tuesday on her favour somehow? Her agent or whatever seemed to be planning something.

Gus, as usual, said "fuck it" to everything and went on to his own path. The legendary producer seemed real crazy. Let's see...

Liked the old op better. I like the new ending, but I preferred Angela's Brightest Mars's songs than Breath Again and the ED song.
Jul 11, 2019 1:27 PM
Sep 2016
New Op and Ed are great, some amazing songs coming from this anime, the other songs featured in this episode where great too especially the ones at the end. The new characters being added to further Carole and Tuesdays story line look really cool, from what we've seen the guy in the launderette might be Carole's father, eager to see how that turns out. This show continues to feel amazingly planned and well paced, by the end I think it'll be one of the best musical anime for sure.
Jul 11, 2019 1:35 PM

Feb 2014
So thier .moving on with the debut in the process. Angela seems more of a refined character now that she has made it higher. Her songs really hit the spot now. Her singing the ED is kinda trancing too.
Army of two was a good song in recent of Carole & Tuesday. Hope they hit the high tide soon.
VanishingKira said:
Trump x Hillary offspring

Someone really said it XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 11, 2019 1:48 PM

Dec 2016
Is it just me, or does Angela's new single's chorus just sound like Shawn Mendes' "Treat You Better"?
Jul 11, 2019 2:11 PM
Jan 2012
First thing. ENOUGH of the "Miracle 7-Minutes" intro. God they beat it to death so much at this point that by the time it happens it is going to feel like a letdown no matter how amazing it is. One or two episodes to tease it was enough. Do we really need to be reminded EVERY episode of the "greatness" to come? It's kind of smug at this point.

Second thing. I LOVE the new song and it sounds like Carole & Tuesday would if taken up by a major record label, more gloss and production on the music. Due to this, I'm shocked they didn't accept the contract, so it must be true that they'll end up with the producer they need.

Third. That guy at the laundromat is Carole's dad or we're being intentionally misled, but I'm pretty sure that's Carole's dad.

Fourth. Hillarump is going to try to deport Carole or Carole's dad and threaten to split up the band/friendship. I have a feeling they'll use their platform and story to come together and turn the public against the deportation efforts and stop it, and that the "miracle 7 minutes" will have something to do with that. Angela will probably help them. If that's really the only place this show goes I'll feel disappointed b/c it feels pretty predictable at this point.

Last. I don't have a good feeling about a Japanese anime trying to tackle the highly complex issue of the American immigration crisis. If they do it in a naive or unrealistic way it's not going to help anything. It's bad enough with Hollywood constantly making films have a humanitarian message and then patting themselves on the back like "problem solved" while human rights atrocities continue every day. I hope this show does not do that. That scene in the slum was kind of naive and cringey, and not setting a very good example. Walking into a ghetto you don't live in and street performing outside people's homes in front of gang members and menacing looking adults is not going to make the community magically break out in unified Disney joy. Maybe if you're really lucky and your music doesn't suck, but safety first.

As much as I like how odd this episode was, and that it is going in unexpected directions, I feel this may be the episode that sets up the second half to be predictable and go into all the expected directions that this episode sets up. Please oh please lets end this with some surprises and nuance and not just a naive thud.

Also I hope we see Crystal again. She was cool.
LucentRiversJul 11, 2019 2:17 PM
Jul 11, 2019 2:45 PM

Oct 2015
This Dann guy is probably related to Corale, not because we have any reason to believe so but because anime love convenient happenstances.

Tues's mom went full Toranpu-san and has shady connections according to some journalists. This deportation of illegal immigrants will be a major plot point I feel it. I like the way that the show is getting more political but undoubtedly there'll be people accusing it of trying to paint a narrative.

And Gus is such a dumbass, isn't he supposed to have prior experience beng a manager? Doesn't he know how quickly is viral stuff forgotten? There's a safe and risk-averse contract but no that's not gonna cut it we have to rely on some insane axe-wielding dude who's probably reanimated from the dead.
Jul 11, 2019 4:46 PM

Feb 2019
Yeah, after that part with Tues' mother's about illegal immigration, I can feel some people saying the SJWs are ruining anime. I think this wasn't just thrown around for the sake of it, probably this will come to bite Carole in the future and become a drama point in the series.

The new C&T song was quite good. I just don't get it why Gus always makes this crazy decisions, now going after some lunatic with an axe in the slums.

I didn't like the new OP much, but probably I'll get used to it. Polly Jean is not my lover indeed. On the other hand, even though I liked the new ED, it's no Hold me now.

Jul 11, 2019 4:54 PM

Sep 2017
Really like the new visuals for the OP and ED. I'm sure the songs will grow on me more. So rip the record deal.

I can understand why Gus did that. One of the biggest charms of Carole & Tuesday in this world is that they write their own songs. I feel that's one of the first things they'd be losing freedom on. I'm glad they will be independent for now. Also I like how they brought up people claiming to be related to Carole. That's not something I would have thought of at all but makes a lot of sense.

The dude at the laundromat is interesting. For a second I was thinking Carole's dad, but that's just nonsense. I'm sure we'll see more tho.
Jul 11, 2019 5:08 PM

Oct 2012
Angela on autotune again *sigh* How can they ever achieve anything if their biggest rival is so bad?

Also, dunno what they are thinking but putting so many parallels to our modern politics is just bad, it derails the show needlessly and noone really wants it. Or are they possibly trying to show how "progressive" the show is (that blatant white/black pair with kid in the interview and your next door immigrant neighborhood is just tip of the iceberg). I don't really mind politics in any media but it need to be incoporated in clever way, not so into your face like they are just doing and forcing it right now.

It's obvious Tuesday and her mother will stand against each other in immigrants/anti-immigrants clash of opinions and I really hate it when the show is forcing its beliefs on you, blatantly outlining who's good and who's bad. The japanese writers probably think they are just paroding our present but it doesn't really work that way and it came off as one really bad attempt to do that.

In the end the real highlight of this episode was probably only Carole and Tuesday's newest song and it was very solid at that, if maybe bit short. Seems like they are really better off with being free and on their own rather in massive showbusiness why do they care so much about their sucess then?

And now I really don't know what farce we are getting into when they introduced that frantic old 'legend'. Jokes like those are undermining and derailing the show the most.
Jul 11, 2019 6:07 PM

Nov 2016
Politics, potenial dad and a great song. What an episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 11, 2019 6:41 PM

Oct 2015
I liked the new opening, I'm still wondering what are those "miracle 7 minutes" Gus always mumbles in the intro?

That crazy bastard must be interesting, I can't wait for the next episode. Considering how tough Carole is, it's surprising how terrified she was of that neighborhood. That guy that protected her and Tuesday must be her daddy or something?
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2019

211 by jumbosan »»
Jan 29, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2019

98 by jumbosan »»
Jan 27, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

84 by jumbosan »»
Jan 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

158 by jumbosan »»
Jan 25, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

124 by jumbosan »»
Jan 25, 10:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.