Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 10, 2019 9:20 PM

Jul 2009
Someone tell me what the hook was. Please. Why should I continue? WHAT WAS THE HOOK?!
Jul 10, 2019 9:35 PM

Mar 2016
Isekai Cheat Magician it's following the pre-established rules of 'how to isekai'. It's cliché, yeah, but it works because at the end of the episode you have an idea of what to expect, what will follow, contrary to what I felt right after watching the mess called Arifureta. I knew what to expect so I'm not disappointed with this and will keep watching it until it bores me.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 10, 2019 9:42 PM

Feb 2018
The two Isekai aren't bad either.
Jul 10, 2019 9:44 PM

Jun 2014
Unique conversation between one of the animators and his wife! Totally happened.

It was a cruel night when the Animator, after hours of hard work, finally went to his home. Dinner with his wife was quiet - not a usual quiet, but the disturbing quiet. The Animator was the first to speak.

"So, my group is animating another anime adaptation of a light novel series. And they've put me in charge of animating it."

His wife beamed. "Well, isn't that great? I mean, who knows - you could get a real Sword Art Online on your ha-"

"It's an isekai series, but the twist is that the main character is transported with a female childhood friend."

Ugly pause. The wife feigns a smile.

"That sounds like a... wonderful idea? I mean, clearly we'll see many unique plot threads and well-written charact-"

"I've seen it," spoke the Animator. "It's nothing but the same formulaic isekai my company has been adapting for the last two years. The only difference is that the guy has a childhood friend. That's it."

"But people will still buy it. And I'm sure people will still watch it just because it's an isekai. I mean, they're well-known for having horrible tas-"

The Animator, without a sound, raised his hand and struck his wife's face with a resounding slap. Sake spilled off of the counter onto the tatami mats - the mats paid for with that damned isekai money.

She was right, too. And the Animator knew it. But he hated knowing what he had become.

In all seriousness this was still enjoyable.
Jul 10, 2019 9:45 PM

Nov 2016
This is the Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry to Arifureta's Gakuen Toshi Asterisk.

This is the most Basic Isekai I have seen in a while now. In a genre that seems to be getting crazier and Crazier every time a Publisher gets a new Web Novel to bastardize, This could be a good change of pace... IF YOU READ LIGHT NOVELS.

The Anime was just very average. A bit too average for me honestly. Nothing rally sticked out but I think its might sometimes be better to not stick than to stick out Like a sorethumb because of how Undeniably shitty you are like Arifureta did. The plot was average, Characters and setting felt a bit like copy paste with some potential to become something good.

I'll leave it on hold for now. If it gets better I'll watch the rest.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2019 9:48 PM

Nov 2016
ByonKun said:

You should write a WN about an Animator working in a Small studio creating stuff he doesn't really like and waiting to get into a bigger studio or that people take the one he works in Seriously and give it better source material to Animate.

That would be interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2019 10:17 PM
Jun 2017
As an isekai fan, we have Taichi and rin transported into another world via summoning--- then they have an OP magic w/c is common among the said genre.

Well im going to watch this one
Jul 10, 2019 10:22 PM

Apr 2018
It was so generic it almost hurt.

The OP was probably one of my least favourite Myth and Roid songs so far. The ED was pretty catchy at least, Takahashi Rie always nails her roles although I feel like she deserved a better show than this. The animation was pretty average, some of the scenes where they were running with another figure in the background felt pretty off seeing as how my brain and the screen were picturing two different things.

I wonder if anyone else was ticking off the checklist of isekai tropes in their head like I was

- Black Haired Protagonist-kun [Check]
- Bald Buff Swordsman [Check]
- Guilds and Adventurers [Check]
- Comment about how weird their clothes are [Check]
- Reference to RPGs [Check]
- Mention of Royal Capital [Check]
- Somehow being able to magically understand the language [Check]
- Magic Aptitude Test [Check]
- Overpowered Protagonist(s) [Check]
- Guild Receptionist Shocked at how OP Protagonists are [Check]

The only real difference this has is that there's 2 overpowered protagonists now instead of one.

Oh well at least this show didn't have any noticeable bad CG so that's a plus. It's plain straight generic isekai so I actually understand the plot unlike Arifureta. There's nothing really unique about the show but I'll give it 3 episodes. Most people are probably going to stay for Rin.

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Jul 10, 2019 10:30 PM

Apr 2018
Sweanime said:
Will stay for the probabily non existent romance between the childhood friends, and feel bad that they will only hint about it.

I feel your pain... but we can always hope.

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Jul 11, 2019 12:07 AM
Sep 2016
It may be worst than Arifureta, cause Arifureta is at least fun with it's confusing story, terrible CG and laughtable VA, this on the other hand is just generic and mediocre, not even funny to see fail.
Jul 11, 2019 12:47 AM
Jan 2018
Inugirlz said:
Someone tell me what the hook was. Please. Why should I continue? WHAT WAS THE HOOK?!

For many it's the main girl and her voice actor
Jul 11, 2019 12:53 AM

May 2014
Arifuera was so awful that made people lower their standards to the point where they consider any generic show as a worth material lol

-Stray said:
I have no idea why people who aren't really into isekai nowadays are even trying out an isekai show. Majority of isekai shows are literally the same with just some added spice here and there. If you're not a fan of the genre, don't waste your time on it.

So are you implying isekai genre HAS to be full of cliches and generic shows with no substance at all? Is that the standard of the genre? People keep watching isekais because they expect a decent or at least an entertaining show (this may applies to basically all genres). Are you implying they aren't allowed to expect that and to express disappointment when they don't get it, because isekais aren't supposed to be more than "the same with just some added spice here and there"? ... What a low standard dude
Rhapsody-Jul 11, 2019 1:03 AM
Jul 11, 2019 12:55 AM
Apr 2019
Inugirlz said:

Everything, but mostly for me it was the relationship and interactions between Taichi and Rin and also finding out what was up with that girl making the summoning circle that had someone trying to kill her but her bodyguard saved her.

Everything going on in the op looked really interesting, really curious as to how it all plays out.

Also curious as to what that war was about. And as always finding out about their powers and how far they go in this world as with any isekai is always fun.
elementexJul 11, 2019 1:03 AM
Jul 11, 2019 1:10 AM

Jul 2017
The opening moments to the incredibly sub-par MYTH&ROID OP should be the moment that I should stop watching this.

But...persevering on.

Firstly the MCs are a pain to listen and deal with, especially Rin, to which I really feel that her VA Rie Takahashi is the only saving grace (if you could say better). Otherwise, just don't care.
Plus that whole "childhood friend/friendship" feeling just irks me to death.

Plus the whole "new" spin of "cheating" in games is too common, taking this to the small screen is underwhelming to say the least.

Continuing on the track of bad isekai.
Jul 11, 2019 1:17 AM

Jul 2012
Another generic isekai with bad animation. Rie Takahashi deserves more.

Drop.

Digimon is the best Isekai
Jul 11, 2019 1:37 AM

Dec 2012
ok if the main protags get it on hot and heavy i will stay..... ...so this is a long shot becasue i tend to think it will be one long drawn out painful NON happening remoance with maybe a kiss at the end of the final episode...and...Lets meet up in the Real world and see...

we love the Long Goodby in Japan in 1000 differnt forms.

no wonder the birth rate is plumetting.

Jul 11, 2019 1:59 AM

Oct 2008
it was okay, a bit bad but not compared to that appalling Arifureta!
welcome to the isekai bandwagon! lolz
4/5.

Jul 11, 2019 2:11 AM
Apr 2019
Another banger isekai, that's 3 so far this year and we will see if the milf isekai can make it 4.
Jul 11, 2019 2:35 AM
May 2017
oh my god
the overall quality is shit
Jul 11, 2019 2:48 AM

Aug 2014
the adaptation is ok. abit stiff here and there...pretty accurate to source
though this is not saying much as the source material is already very mediocre

Jul 11, 2019 2:51 AM

May 2012
Good Isekai anime, and has cute girls
Jul 11, 2019 3:08 AM

Oct 2017
First ep was fcking boring i dont like even main characters also animation is too ugly
Imo it's fcking waste of time
Jul 11, 2019 4:07 AM

Aug 2018
So they are OP but they didnt know for now
Ep 1 was much better than Arifureta
I think its gonna be generic but still gonna watch this until ep 3 to see if im gonna enjoy it or invest enough to its characters if not im gonna drop it same with arifureta

The redhead is pretty doe
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jul 11, 2019 4:15 AM
Feb 2019
Score is 6.4 now, well everyone may hate but nothing can stop it even in the future for another generic Isekai (I also wait Shinchou Yuusha in October). This first episode is good for me objectively. Proper way to introduce the story, much better than the first ep of Arifureta.

I already looked at the synopsis 1 month ago, undoubtedly it is generic and many cliche for sure. But, why i still want to watch? Simply, because I like Fantasy (no matter if it was Isekai or not, even some people misjudged the fantasy anime as an isekai nowadays).

No need compare one Isekai with another Isekai, because if it doesn't meet our own taste, it won't be feel good.
I don't know why people who dislike Isekai keep to watch Isekai (maybe they are in challenge or something), but none of their words would make people like me stop to watch.
Did someone pity on me for wasting time by watching generic anime? Instead, i feel pity for the people who keep wasting their time for something they hate.
My advice is 1... 2... 3... then drop it.
Jul 11, 2019 5:00 AM

Feb 2015
Another isseki that brings absolutely nothing new to the table. The writing is so lazy, everything has been done before and better.

At this point unless an isseki series can bring something new to the genre just don't bother. This and the other two shit heap isseki so far stinking out the season.
Jul 11, 2019 5:12 AM

Nov 2013
Rowan_F said:
47 seconds. I don't know why I bother.

Remia looked pretty sexy, but I don't think that's a good enough reason to keep watching.

Okay. Bye

47 seconds? how is that enough to see if a show is decent or not? and here i thought the 1st scene looked pretty nice
i guess i shouldn't even bother since i enjoyed like 80% of the animes in your drop list :v
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 11, 2019 5:21 AM

Mar 2012
As much as everyone else had said already, this is probably the most basic Isekai Anime that has come out of the 4 that have aired already, there is still one left to air as of time of writing.

Well it made be Average but at the very least it is consistent enough you can understand exactly know where it is going but at the same time that might be a problem.

The two characters are pretty generic, the world setting is generic and everything else is pretty generic and convenient, they conveniently found themselves in another world, they conveniently met a group of nice adventurers, they conveniently got a bit of money from said adventurers cause they are just ''nice'' , They conveniently go to adventurers guild and conveniently are shown to have extraordinary abilities and conveniently got a teacher that will show them the ropes.

As many and myself said this a very generic and very convenient story at least as from ep 1 you can tell.

Before everything else started to air, out of the 5 isekai that are coming out this summer this was the one that had the most bad reputation and not many were looking foward to it and i can see why and yet ironically despite being so generic it already has some edge over the other competition.

The animation while basic is alright (Mou-sama Retry), the story while very basic at least is in a straight line and not a mess (Arifuerta). So yeah a bit of irony that this show with the most reputation of being the very cliche of isekai stories is already a step above a few titles in areas.

So from a production stand point i would rank it like this:
1-Cop Craft
2-Isekai Cheat Magician
3-Maou-same Retry
4-Arifuerta

Techincally maou sama is worser but considering this is the first work of a new studio it got a bit of leeway as for White fox and Asread who had produced higher quality titles and been around for years there is no excuse

From a story perspective it is like this:

1-Cop craft
2-Maou-Sama
3-Isekai Chreat Magician
4-Arifuerta

Cop Had the most unqiue element with a reverse isekai and a detectice and magic warrior combo( it has been done before but is not that common as of yet. Mao-sama has basic elements as cheat but the mc being an actual adult and has more sense of awarness and the stupidity and cliche tropes make's it a bit more of a fun watch. Isekai Cheat has pretty much just everything basic and generic with no uniquness at all and as for Arifuerta the anime version is such a mess you cant even tell where it is going and if u are a ln reader the way they tried to showcase it they ar emisinforming of its direction.

As for Personally favourite isekai it is like this:
-Maou-Sama Retry
-Cop Craft
-Isekai Cheat Magician
-Arifuerta

While basic i love it's charm, Cop craft i like the setting and interested where it is going, Isekai cheat is very basic and generic but if u shut off your brain it can be ok and Arifuerata well they made a mess of it.

Overall the Quality of Isekai titles is finally starting to show that is dropping and we are reaching a point where so many copy and paste titles are being animated that it is really boring.

Still have to see Do YOu love your mom and multi hit combo, from the pvs and what i heard that isekai will both have the most unique premiese and might be the best story for this season at least from the start( i heard it gets very generic after the first 2 volumes or so but we shall see.
Jul 11, 2019 5:28 AM

Jul 2015
Okay episode, pretty generic show.

But Rin is Waifu,gonna keep watching it for her.

Jul 11, 2019 5:35 AM

Aug 2018
Swagernator said:
Damn, the worst isekai show of the year contest is filling with strong participants, first shield hero then kenja no mago, arifureta, even before maou sama and now this. Is there no stopping it.

shield hero wasnt too bad man. Pretty good isekai imo
Jul 11, 2019 5:41 AM

Jul 2016
winddevil1 said:
Rowan_F said:
47 seconds. I don't know why I bother.

Remia looked pretty sexy, but I don't think that's a good enough reason to keep watching.

Okay. Bye

47 seconds? how is that enough to see if a show is decent or not? and here i thought the 1st scene looked pretty nice
i guess i shouldn't even bother since i enjoyed like 80% of the animes in your drop list :v

Yeah, you've got a point. I was never planning on watching this one in the first place and only did because I was bored and I usually try everything cause I've got nothing else going on.

It probably is pretty good and yeah, 47 seconds is not long enough to get a full grasp on any piece of fiction, I just didn't want to watch it.
Jul 11, 2019 5:49 AM

May 2010
another generic af zero effort isekai.. pass
Jul 11, 2019 6:10 AM
Apr 2019
Kerozinn said:

The only thing that’s generic is your trash opinions
Jul 11, 2019 6:39 AM
Aug 2018
Swagernator said:
Damn, the worst isekai show of the year contest is filling with strong participants, first shield hero then kenja no mago, arifureta, even before maou sama and now this. Is there no stopping it.

And yet look at the rating of shield hero on MAL.
Wat a joke
Jul 11, 2019 6:39 AM

Jul 2014
Rhapsody- said:

So are you implying isekai genre HAS to be full of cliches and generic shows with no substance at all? Is that the standard of the genre? People keep watching isekais because they expect a decent or at least an entertaining show (this may applies to basically all genres). Are you implying they aren't allowed to expect that and to express disappointment when they don't get it, because isekais aren't supposed to be more than "the same with just some added spice here and there"? ... What a low standard dude

You slipped past my point, I'm talking about the genre itself, isekai is literally a show about a character being teleported to another world and people having a problem with the execution of that but still find the time to check it out when the genre is literally what happens to the characters. If you haven't noticed people are literally complaining about "uhh another isekai show" not about the characters/story etc but about the genre itself smfh. If you want something different and watch a story about a different world then FANTASY is the genre you should be lookin at, not isekai.
Jul 11, 2019 7:09 AM

Feb 2013
ErSolid said:
Skyguardian said:
A question to all the "this is so generic"; "isekai trash" and so on faction.

Is it that hard for you lot to NOT comment here? Is it that hard for you to continue with your sorry, sad and boring lifes instead?

Seriously.

What really?
Can't take a negative comment?
In a Forum?
REALLY?!

The difference between normal criticism and "incel"like shitposting should be obvious. Thanks.
Jul 11, 2019 7:32 AM
Sep 2018
Ak18reh-man said:
Swagernator said:
Damn, the worst isekai show of the year contest is filling with strong participants, first shield hero then arifureta, even before maou sama and now this is there no stopping it.

Ikr. Don't forget Kenja no majo.
Don't forget the newcomers, you know those Milf isekai show. I would like that show have a potential for the list but who knows.
Jul 11, 2019 7:45 AM

Oct 2017
Nurguburu said:
Meh, this is so generic. They're not even trying.

Generic (cheat magician) vs trainwreck (Arifureta) isekai which one do you prefer :)?
Jul 11, 2019 9:18 AM

Jul 2013
Wow.... I think this was the most generic anime I've ever watched. Like: most basic isekai setting; MC is strong from the start; childhood friend; "chosen one(s)... Really... The creator of this story really wanted to make this as cliche as possible.

Is that a bad thing, though? Well, no... I like cliche stories and tropes... I just hope further into the story they add something vnew to the table... Otherwise I'll lower my score. So far, 6/10!
Jul 11, 2019 9:38 AM
Jul 2017
It is unwatchable simple as
Jul 11, 2019 12:46 PM

Dec 2014
meh pretty average show.... let's see how it goes
Jul 11, 2019 1:35 PM

Mar 2018
Woah. "Basic" will sum up this anime.

OP is amazing as always! Myth&Roid? Sure, more of them is always a welcoming thing even when I saw them live just a month ago.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Jul 11, 2019 1:42 PM

Jul 2016
Boi you have Myth & Roid performing your op, I'm so in

I was gonna pot this on hold after the 3 ep from the poster alone but no I'm gonna watch this religiously.

The animation is ok, the art and colors are easy on the eye but have a little bit of charm to them
Jul 11, 2019 2:55 PM

Aug 2017
Ventus_S said:
Nurguburu said:
Meh, this is so generic. They're not even trying.

Generic (cheat magician) vs trainwreck (Arifureta) isekai which one do you prefer :)?

I need to watch Arifureta but this is 1/10 from the beginning.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 11, 2019 3:22 PM

Jun 2013
Fuck that was terrible
Jul 11, 2019 3:25 PM
Jul 2010
Is it me or every latest ‘isekai OP main character’ anime gets PG-13 so basically no death or injuries so practically no OP powers. Just pretending and evading using OP powers (like Death March)?
Jul 11, 2019 3:25 PM
Jul 2019
Just boring. Isekai Cheap Magician?
Design looks cheap
Animation looks cheap
Fight choreography looks cheap
Boring dialogues.
Wth is that Opening song?

Is like no effort is put into this.

I barely manage to finish watching.
Jul 11, 2019 3:44 PM

Aug 2015
Bad. Better than Maou-sama Retry and Arifureta, but still bad.
Jul 11, 2019 3:52 PM

Dec 2015
Overall, the episode was meh. I wasn't feeling the intro or the outro songs either. It just felt really bland and generic. I'll still watch the series and see if things get better in the later episodes, kind of like Boruto and Black Clover. People hated those animes and some still do for whatever reason. Hopefully its gets better.
Jul 11, 2019 5:24 PM
Jun 2019
elementex said:
Kerozinn said:

The only thing that’s generic is your trash opinions

Also,
elementex said:

am I not allowed to have an opinion?

Also bruh, it's not that being generic itself is bad. It's that it didn't even bother to have something else to carry its first episode. That's why he said "zero effort." The fact that grandson's first episode had a far better reception than this one should tell you something.
Jul 11, 2019 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
Shit quality show of the season, they're not even trying to animate the characters at all.
Drop it, don't try the 4 ep rule on this one.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

68 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 2, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

100 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2019

40 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

67 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

32 by Seabury »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.