Forum Settings
Forums

most annoying fanbase? (with poll) [Update: with over 1000 votes received, Jojo Bizarre Adventures' fanbase has been declared the most annoying one, followed by My Hero Academia and Naruto's ones. What are your thoughts on these results?]

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

Poll: which do you think is the most annoying fanbase??

Jul 9, 11:47 PM

Definitely the fans from Jojo's crappy adventure,

But if i go by the recent example than i probably would say Vinland saga

fans of this series have become so toxic and arrogant

Jul 9, 11:47 PM

Probably Jojo. But I'm voting for Attack on Titan as its fanbase is the easiest to get triggered over trivial things. Right? @keragamming (just feeling like mentioning you since you mentioned me the other day)
Modified by Edocchi, Jul 10, 12:04 AM

Jul 9, 11:53 PM

madarchod said:

How the fuck does Vinland Saga have a toxic fanbase?

Jul 10, 12:01 AM

Personally I really dislike these kinds of threads. I think it should go without saying, and I'm sure most realize this, but fanbases are so diverse that whatever image of a show's fan you have in mind, not more than a few percent of the whole thing are like that. They do not repesent the fanbase at large. And some people seem to be so toxic and serious about the whole thing...

But yeah, let's dive to it, I just want to point out that I am not generalizing, do not claim anyone who likes the particular show is like that. Especially considering I'm going to be talking solely about shows I like.

HxH. The general attitude towards other shounen, sometimes even with refusal to accept that HxH is also by all possible definitions a battle shounen. I like the show, I really do, but I am not about to claim it's somehow massively different than other long-runners of its kind, let alone the absolutely stupid bullshit that it is a 'deconstruction'. It's a good, but very simple battle show. Aimed at teenagers. The very same who like Naruto or Bleach. Possibly more polished and thought-out than them, but not much different at the core and people acting like they shouldn't even be in the same category is stupid.

Code Geass and Gurren Lagann. Only a small part of the fanbase. But I'm sure a lot of people have seen this before. "I hate mecha, they're stupid and all about robots. Other than Code Geass/Gurren Lagann, it actually has good plot." or something to this extent. Not only the whole statement is absolutely fucking retarded, every damn time these people have seen like 1 or 2 mecha shows, or even not a single one. Honestly, makes me sick. And btw both Geass and TTGL are among my most beloved favourites.

NGE fans and their hateboner for rebuilds that goes way overboard. And also, about NGE itself, the stupid claims akin to "the plot doesn't matter". Ludicrous.

Gundam, specifically the UC-purists. Massive hate and exaggerated criticism to every new non-uc show. The hate for IBO, fucking lmao. That show has had its share of problems and disappointments, but how trashed it is by some... Especially considering a lot of its criticism can be applied to most gundam shows. I wouldn't even call myself a fan of this one tbh, but it did a lot of things right. And Kudelia is the best gundam "main girl", much more of a character than the likes of Four or Lala (and well, she is hot as hell, her design is awesome. )

JoJo fans and their prevalence everywhere is just obnoxious and exhausting. All of this got old. I like the show, generally, but it becoming a meme is sad.

Manaban said:
and the latter is because "omg i watched and liked DxD an overall pretty tame and mainstream friendly ecchi i'm such a degenerate lol and i'm never going to look further into the genre than this one show that's pretty much the the attack on titan or sword art online for this specific genre and then pose as if i'm super hardcore perv"

I'm not Mamster-tier about DxD fans, he says they're not even ecchi fans if it's in their favorites and I think that's absolutely ridiculous and even outright unacceptable, but...egh, yeah, no, I will admit that it feels like there's a strong tendency towards posturing there due to the mixture of the popularity, accessibility, and the content of the series. Which annoys me a lot whenever it pops up, as somebody who's so into this type of stuff that he runs the largest club for it on this site and scours through decades' old ecchi OVAs rather than brickwalling and acting like a total degenerate after having seen fucking DxD of all things.

Do people do that really? I don't think I have come across this myself. Like who wants to pose as a perv/degenerate specifically, and if they do, it can't be that many people? Though then again, you're more of an ecchi fan in general so maybe you've come across these but somehow it escapes my sight, or you exaggerate how they are.
I digress now, but personally I feel instant liking/connection towards DxD fans if only because the show (probably due to how popular it is, just like SAO) among some people has reached the status of an example of bad. It's very often quoted as the bad thing, the problem with modern anime and all that. No more than few days ago on some big subreddit (think it was TodayILearned) there was a post about bad pay in japanese animation industry. And there it is, the upvoted comment that goes something like "thats why they don't make good stuff like trigun and fullmetal alchemist anymore, instead we get trash like sao and highschool DxD."
So yeah, personally I am happy to see appreciation for DxD and ecchi content. People definitely see their first exposition to a medium, or a genre, like something special and I think its understandable. Unless they claim other ecchi is not like it, that they suck and all that... Well that, is stupid for sure.

That being said, I do have my own problems with DxD fanbase.

There's quite a lot of people with the whole 'I like it because unlike other ecchi it has a good plot'. And well, while I'm sure many people saying it mean exactly what I love about the series, the balance of focus on ecchi and different aspects, which is in my opinion perfect. But there are many that seem to have this attitude 'ecchi is bad but dxd is excused because it has a plot' which I think is stupid on too many levels to list, but does also imply the thing I was talking about with mecha - severe lack of experience with the genre, yet making generalizing claims.

The other thing, which I experienced mainly through highschool dxd subreddit is a lot of sourcefags. That is definitely not unique to DxD, and in general, if you're a sourcefag, fuck you, but yeah. It's not even about anime itself, because the anime is very faithful adaptation (other than BorN which was a fuckup, regardles of it being unfaitfhul). But you really can't criticize the novel, or even claim you think anime improved on the LN, without being hated by them. I once made a pretty long and elaborate post, a very polite one too, that I think novel has been getting worse for quite some time, and that the formula isn't working with how many characters were introduced and generally suggesting that Ishibumi expanded everything (the world, the powers, the number of characters) too much. I got downvoted to hell, wow.
Modified by Imaishi, Jul 10, 12:21 AM

Jul 10, 12:01 AM

i've never met a jojo fan who wasn't absolutely insufferable. i swear to god they cannot go a single conversation without bringing up jojo somehow. once i started insta blocking anyone with a jojo pfp my life has improved dramatically.
Modified by foretold, Jul 10, 12:06 AM

Jul 10, 12:46 AM

Surprised that no one has mentioned Fate yet, especially because, as far as threads of "worst fanbase" goes, it tends to be one of the most mentioned. But, yeah, Fate's fanbase is pretty bad. It helps that, unlike other fanbases, due the many spin-offs and alternate universes it has, you have many "fans" liking it for very different reasons. Those fans clash with each other often, and, with that, you have many different flavours of AIDS to enjoy. I'm not joking when I say that it is one of the most divisive fandoms, and probably the fans despise each other as much as other anime fans despise them.

Mainstream battle shounen anime (Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, HxH...) also tend to have bad fanbases, probably because, due their popularity, they have a myriad of people under their fandom, and many of those people are... not the most ideal followers, to put it lightly. The powerscale debates they tend to have don't helps either. Boku no Hero Academia may be the worst recent example, as the series has the misfortune of having both cancerous shounenfags and SJWs as a vocal part of the fandom.

Saint Seiya also suffers from something similar to Fate (too many series that makes fans debate over which one is the better), while also having too the dreaded powerscale debates of the mainstream shounen animes. It is not as mentioned in these kind of threads because English/American people know very little about the franchise, unlike Spain, France, Brazil and other Latin America countries, where the series is extremely popular even nowadays. You just have to put in any SS forum "what Gold Saint is the strongest?", then prepare yourself for the shitstorm that will come later. It got so bad that the official SS forum in Spanish has banned certain battles in their official versus section.

Here in MAL at least, both the FMA and AoT fans are also... less than stellar. AoT fans are easy to provoke even when you didn't want to complain about the series, and some of them take offense at the slight bit of criticism they find, and FMA peeps will do anything in their power to downvote other series that may come close to steal the #1 to FMAB in order to keep it as the best rated anime of the website. I swear I have never seen someone that concerned in MAL's scores.
I have also seen many mentioning JoJo. As a JoJo fan, I agree that the memes can get out of hand quickly, but what bothers me more about the fanbase is their elitism and how they tend to look down anything that isn't JoJo.

I'm speaking in general, btw, I'm not saying all members of those fandoms are all bad.
Modified by Illyricus, Jul 10, 4:39 AM

Jul 10, 1:10 AM
Dragon Ball easily. "Goku is the strongest "
"One word. Hakai"
As a guy who is in VS community. I hear that shit alot.
Jojo is first? *No dignity*

Jul 10, 1:18 AM
madarchod said:

Let me guess. It's because they are calling it AOTY before it was even released or is it because they are bashing SNK?

Jul 10, 1:19 AM

Being a Dragon Ball Fan myself it is pretty disheartening to say that DB series has got the most annoying fan base. With a fanbase comprising mostly teens the most common discussion that goes on among them is “Who would win in a battle between Goku and Superman”. Dragon Ball Super has done a fantastic job so far in bringing the old magic back and making most of the characters relevant (which GT failed miserably) but what it failed is get back most of the old DBZ fans who are mostly in their mid 20s now. So as a result the new fanbase comprising kids will revolve around the fact that “Goku being better than Superman” or “Goku vs XYZ”.

Jul 10, 1:21 AM

TsukuyomiREKT said:
madarchod said:

How the fuck does Vinland Saga have a toxic fanbase?

This, below thread is just a small example of how arrogant the fans of this series have become just because they think that this show is the best. whereas, they are continuously talking shit about other popular animes
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1789342

And this is just one example,there are many others from youtube,facebook and reddit too

Jul 10, 1:21 AM

Greyleaf said:
BlakexEkalb said:
I don't really pay attention to the fanbases much, but I guess the Clannad fanbase. No, I don't care how good After Story is, I don't want to sit through the harem SoL first season.

Idk, the reason I won't watch Clannad is because of those scary ass eyes. xD
That's sad. You're missing a wonderful piece of work. Give it at least a try :o

Jul 10, 1:23 AM

NotFred said:
madarchod said:

Let me guess. It's because they are calling it AOTY before it was even released or is it because they are bashing SNK?

Little bit of both

God knows what will happen as more episodes are released

Jul 10, 1:26 AM

I voted for Dragon Ball... but also MHA..

Jul 10, 1:28 AM

Hmm i guess i'll say the attack on titan fan base, since they're the only ones i've had a bad experience with. Say one thing negative and they're at your throats. I'm not a hater at all, i like the show, but they sure treat you like one for being a little critical.

Plus Hunter x Hunter fans who can't conceive the fact that i don't like it and bug me to watch more of the show. Even though i've already spent 4 hours of my time on something i find extremely boring and have zero investment in.

Of course not everyone who likes these anime act this way though.
Modified by fancyjasper, Jul 10, 1:32 AM
We can be happy, when the cicadas cry.

Jul 10, 1:30 AM

Jojo fans spoil things too casually.

Jul 10, 1:32 AM

This tread is gonna be spicy better get my popcorn ready.

X s t a s y

“I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours”
―Cheshire Cat

Jul 10, 1:33 AM
you forgot the TRIGGER option. or kill la kill, darling etc

Jul 10, 1:39 AM

MHA fanbase is equivalent to Rick n Morty's, same approach, same level of cringe.
Re:Zero fanbase is toxic, especially the spicy hell waifu war, I do not have the capability to handle it.
Jojo spams memes, i don't get what so annoying but wev.
SAO fans are god damn conservative, believing people hating on the show for wrong reasons and stuff, and would seldom accept criticisms.
Rest idk.
Conclusively, winner goes to MHA and Re:Zero, a double winner

Jul 10, 1:42 AM

I would like to treat each person by who they are, not by their specific hobby, color, ethnicity etc.

Jul 10, 2:03 AM

Not a specific anime, but I find romance fans to be the most annoying.

But if I have to pick a specific anime fanbase, then I find the Kaguya-sama fanbase pretty toxic.
Modified by wildhood, Jul 10, 4:57 AM

Jul 10, 4:26 AM

I don't know which fanbase is more annoying but I annoyed by "elitist shows" (NGE, LotGH and Berserk if counts) fanbase more than anything else. Every time you say the littlest thing about their favorite show, without any proper explanation, they just say to me "You can't understand these shows", "You definitely have shit taste", "Go watch your moeshit" and other things.

Second is teenager Code Geass fans that they think it's the best show ever and the same for battle shounens. I voted Code Geass btw

Jul 10, 4:35 AM

Damn, it's sad to see the JoJo fandom getting so much flak but I can understand why; it's impossible to escape it no matter where you are on the internet. But I guess it depends what 'annoying' means to you--although JoJo memes are spammed to death, the fanbase itself (for the most part) is friendly, welcoming and non-toxic, even if there are those in the vocal minority who spoil it and have silly arguments about things that don't really matter. For me, 'annoying' means a fanbase full of toxicity, and from those I've been in on this list, Fairy Tail was definitely the worst. My God, it was and still is toxic. If you disagree with ONE of the main 'canon' pairings, or say ONE negative thing about the series, you're immediately spammed with death threats from a mob of pissed-off fans.

Though ofc it all depends on which side of the community you see the most of and whether you're prepared to look for less toxic groups to be part of, if you're in that fandom yourself.
To see which challenges I'm participating in, please check the 'Active Challenges' section of my profile.

Jul 10, 4:35 AM
美乃滋

that's entirely empirical for me
from my experience, tokyo ghoul's fanbase has been the worst
though im a jojo fan myself, i do realize many fans can be quite annoying for spamming jojokes across the internet

Jul 10, 4:44 AM

Why SAO fanbase is here while Darling in the FranXX not? They send death threats!

Anyway, my vote goes for One Punch Man fandom.
Modified by Nurguburu, Jul 10, 4:54 AM
Life has no meaning.

Jul 10, 5:19 AM
IchiGOAT

Is this only limited to anime series? I voted others because it's obviously Kimi no Na Wa

Jul 10, 5:27 AM

Most blatantly annoying? Easily Jojo fans. They probably think the last shit they took is a Jojo reference. A lot of toxic people/mindsets I come across online also have Jojo avatars for some reason. Not sure what attracted so many stupid and terrible people to the series these days, but it's tainted beyond salvation.

Good runner up would be the part of the Dragon Ball fanbase that actually liked Super. Their brains are probably the size of a senzu bean.
Modified by Evildoer, Jul 10, 5:35 AM

Jul 10, 5:33 AM
Fr the Dragon Ball fanbase looks like they have the same amount of IQ as Goku... You can't discuss anything with them because they are always going to talk about how Goku is the strongest anime character or some bulls*** we don't even care about. Most of them have only watched Db to Dbs (and never read the manga ofc) and are talking like it's the greatest thing that have ever happened , like for the super saiyajin system (which doesn't really make much sense). Then they have endless debates and redondant power scaling videos on youtube, fighting in the comments about whether Vegeta screams more loudly than Goku. And if you dare say to one of them : Oh look this character looks kinda cool / badass etc most of the time you'll get a : Whateva he cant beat Goku 🤪

PS : I'm mostly talking about the recent fanbase that came along Dragon Ball Super and all
yikes

Jul 10, 5:33 AM
Definitely the Madoka Magica fanbase. Man, those guys suck.

Jul 10, 5:49 AM

Gingko said:
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
Tatami Galaxy, without a doubt.

Not because all Yuasa fans are bad, but because all anime "connoisseurs" are Yuasa fans. Without exception.

I liked Tatami Galaxy but that´s the only product I liked from Yuasa.

Will I be hated for the elitists ? lol

Absolutely. I'd give Kaiba a high score just to be safe.
1 hour = 10,000 yen.
2 hours = 20,000 yen.
3 hours = 3 loaves of French bread.
4 hours = 4 loaves of French bread.

Jul 10, 6:30 AM
i love DB/Z and OPM but, to be fair many of these People (especially for those who just recently get into animu or at least what i saw) from this fandom kinda obnoxious to me, and these two just can't get along. It's already 2019 yet every time they met there would be a war.

i can't vote two so i will pick another fandom then

Jul 10, 6:31 AM

Jojo's fanbase made me avoid a good manga for a long time, so them.

Jul 10, 7:13 AM

All of them

I remember when back in 2014, for a major part of MAL it used to be Aria's fan base. Damn those where good times, now i feel like I am the only one left in that fan base.

Anyways you all need some Aria in your life plebs, stop watching bad animu, or some shit like that.
Signature was not removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Tulip & Flower Guidelines.

Jul 10, 9:56 AM

I find hatebases a lot more annoying, but going by that list JoJo, because they're found in places where they shouldn't be.

Jul 10, 10:05 AM
The JoJo fanbase is the worst in my opinion. I used to watch those YouTubers that made paint versions of OPs and it slowly degraded into "How many JoJo references can we put in an OP" the video goes from Black Clover OP paint version to JoJo references everywhere with someone whistling JustadIce. Some comments make me glad like "Dude you gotta stop with all the JoJo references, they're not funny anymore just annoying" but of course they get bombarded with "Shut up weeb" or even more JoJo references.
Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible.

Jul 10, 10:15 AM

BNHA fanbase because it's basically the Naruto fanbase of this generation lmao. It's a mediocre battle shounen that gets too much praise because Bones is good at animating action.

Monogatari fanbase because of how much they insist their show isn't an ecchi harem when it is in fact an ecchi harem.

I love JoJo a lot and enjoy the fan content but a certain subset of the fanbase can be extremely annoying.

Evangelion fans who have been arguing over best girl for 20 years when the entire point of the anime is that both girls are horrifically flawed and not meant to be your waifus.

Jul 10, 12:13 PM

I was torn between Jojo and MP100 but went with Jojo.

MP100 gets so much pretentious praise as if it didn something revolutionary with it's character development when it was actually just pretty good. It's literally a bunch of sakugatards who had to change their underwear after every episode inventing ways to praise it that sounds more intellectual than "omg looks how much it moves!!!1!1!1"

But fucking hell Jojo fans with their references and memes that they love to shove down everyone else's throats. Like seriously, fuck off.
Watching: Haganai NEXT.

Watching Weekly: Sounan Desu ka, Tejina-senpai, Kawaikereba, Takagi-san 2, Machikado Mazoku.

Recently Finished: Shield Hero (7), Shoumetsu Toshi (7), Midara na Ao-chan (6), Miru Tights (7), Fate UBW S1 (9) / S2 (10), Your Lie in April (9), Haganai (10).

Check out my blog at http://yossanime.com/
Lastest post: Morality-Based Artistic Critique is Bunk, Part 3

Jul 10, 12:29 PM
Black Bulter, Hetalia, and One Punch Man’s fanbase made me avoid the series for a while.

Boku no Hero Academia because I’m sick of Bakugou fans and apologists.

Jojo because I had enough of the milf hunter meme, Kono Dio da, and any meme having to do with Caesar. They like to pressure anime-onlys to read the manga and spoil things from the manga. Also, people who like Joseph tend to be annoying and embarrassing.

Any anime fanbase obsessed with power levels.

K-on’s fanbase is also a contender.

Jul 10, 12:29 PM

The only fanbase on the list i dont despite is the JoJo fanbase (still annoying at times but they at least dont make me vomit my tasty breakfast), memes and the only fanbase that from my expearience doesnt get their butt cheeks slapped when you criticize it. All other fanbases overhype their shit and have problems with valid criticize, especially those really popular hype action shows.

Wow i read threw the thread and intead of watching my daily dose of comedy shit show i now have this thread, thx i guess.
Modified by Mullerio_, Jul 10, 12:45 PM

Jul 10, 12:33 PM
wow I wasn't expecting Jojo to be leading the votes. also surprised for Hero Academia in 2nd place, when their fans don't seem to be bothering anyone, aside for maybe the fujoshis

Jul 10, 12:43 PM

I was going to vote for MY Hero Academia, but didnt see it on the list, so I went with Naruto. Both these series have the most annoying fans. Im sick of the character wars between Bakugo fans and haters. People even mention they like Bakugo and they get swarmed by haters saying they are bullies. Also, the shippers are crazy. People are actually making petitions for Bakugo and Kirishima to get together lol. They are the reason I dont care much about the show anymore to be honest. Naruto fans are almost as bad with the Sasuke fans and haters as well. People should just accept that people like different characters than them.
"In the End, Only Kindness Matters" -Jewel

Jul 10, 12:51 PM
I voted for My Hero Academia but I forgot about the Jojo fanbase
"iS tHiS a JoJo ReFerEnCe?" it's a meme but they take every opportunity to mention Jojo, it's crazy. At the very least, they're not that toxic.

YossaRedMage said:

But fucking hell Jojo fans with their references and memes that they love to shove down everyone else's throats. Like seriously, fuck off.

I honestly question whether they find these memes genuinely funny or they're copying everyone else.

Jul 10, 12:58 PM

shadowblaster5 said:
I voted for My Hero Academia but I forgot about the Jojo fanbase
"iS tHiS a JoJo ReFerEnCe?" it's a meme but they take every opportunity to mention Jojo, it's crazy. At the very least, they're not that toxic.

YossaRedMage said:

I honestly question whether they find these memes genuinely funny or they're copying everyone else.

They find them funny in the same way people with a certain political persuation will laugh at a joke which makes a political statement they agree with. Sure, they find it funny, but only because they are getting a blast of seratonin due to feeling of being part of a group. The joke doesn't actually have to funny in the slightest.

I'm not majorly for Trump or anything, but go to r/jokes on Reddit and note all the heavily upvoted anti-Trump jokes that are straight up unfunnny.
Watching: Haganai NEXT.

Watching Weekly: Sounan Desu ka, Tejina-senpai, Kawaikereba, Takagi-san 2, Machikado Mazoku.

Recently Finished: Shield Hero (7), Shoumetsu Toshi (7), Midara na Ao-chan (6), Miru Tights (7), Fate UBW S1 (9) / S2 (10), Your Lie in April (9), Haganai (10).

Check out my blog at http://yossanime.com/
Lastest post: Morality-Based Artistic Critique is Bunk, Part 3

Jul 10, 1:05 PM
三葉

Its honestly a tie between Jojo and MHA, but I picked MHA as Jojo already has enough votes for being the worst fanbase.
Literally everywhere you go they say "Is that a Jojo reference!?" "You think it was (insert char name) but it was me!" While MHA's all "This is the next best thing" "Best shonen show" "One of a kind!" and all that bs when it hasnt done anything unique at all!
Stop hyping stupid shit up.

Jul 10, 1:15 PM

JoJo fanbase ruins the show for everyone. I legit can't like the show anymore because I get shamed for liking it fucking everywhere, and my weak mental can't handle the bullying. Can't really blame them tho JoJo fans are obnoxious as fuck.

Jul 10, 1:30 PM

Yes Like many have said jojo fans can be a bit too passionate when it comes to their favorite anime, but I don't have a problem with them, many of them are actually quite nice when you get to know them.

X s t a s y

“I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours”
―Cheshire Cat

Jul 10, 2:15 PM

While I do love Jojo, the fanbase is annoying as fuck and I try to stay away from it. I understand the hate that it's getting here.

Every single video of any musician that you can think about has the comments filled with Jojo references. You can go to any popular song of, for example Queen, and all you'll find are Jojo references. That bothers me a lot and I know I'm not the only one.

I also think all the fans which fight about their anime being the best anime ever are toxic, like the Dragon Ball or Attack on Titan ones, and probably the Jojo ones too.

Aaand, not related to an anime, but the majority of the fujoshis. If a boy just happens to breathe another boy's air they start with their shit, "OMGG THEY ARE SO IN LOVE TOGETHER I WONDER WHO'S THE SEME AND WHO'S THE UKE?? wOw STOP BEING SO SHY AND FUCK ALREADY". This is seriously annoying.
They also ship everything that exists, have you guys seen those Argentina and Mexico personas? I know Hetalia exists but at least they look like people, I'm done lol.

⋆ ★ ⋆

Don't just sit there and
waste your precious time.
When you want to do something,
do it right away. Do it when you can.
It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Jul 10, 2:20 PM

Really don't like the my hero academia fandom. Back in the day, it used to be "yo, I watched naruto/one piece/bleach, I'm totally a weeb". Nowadays, it' just "omg my hero academia is soooo good, I'm addicted to anime now".

Maybe it's because I personally did not enjoy the show, or maybe these people are truly just annoying. Like ya I get it, you love the show, but these fans are the one that's I've interacted with that are always trying to remind you of what their show is
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.

Jul 10, 2:31 PM

Edocchi said:
Probably Jojo. But I'm voting for Attack on Titan as its fanbase is the easiest to get triggered over trivial things. Right?

Tell me more. Still laugh at some of those those posts in last season's episode 6 discussion. Slight criticism? Grab popcorn for reactions from fans.

Same goes for My hero academia, but hey at least fans don't pretend it's the best thing ever.

Illyricus said:
Surprised that no one has mentioned Fate yet, especially because, as far as threads of "worst fanbase" goes, it tends to be one of the most mentioned. But, yeah, Fate's fanbase is pretty bad. It helps that, unlike other fanbases, due the many spin-offs and alternate universes it has, you have many "fans" liking it for very different reasons.

Yeah was surprised with that too, but it's probably because not many new users here have seen those wonderful UBW discussions.
Modified by Frosty-, Jul 10, 2:37 PM

Jul 10, 2:33 PM
Grim Anime Fan

fanbase as people who love certain Anime ? TBH.. I don't know anything bad to say about fanbases. As bigger fanbase = bigger fan content.

Only issue are obsessive types of fans who kinda go moronic on scale of what they do.

Only think is annoying. Are big hatebases, who simply are around to flame, bait and abuse people for no other reason than annoy people. And worst part about hatebases, that big portion of them aren't even haters. AND probably haven't even seen Anime or whatsoever. Lot of them are simply chronical web trolls that get off by other people frustrations. AND.. in most cases they essentially copypaste what other haters/trolls say without personally having 0 emotional investment to their words.

And tbh.. I'm not exactly well versed about fanbases either. Only thing I know that with big fanbases we get tons of fan content. Art/doujinshi, music, cosplay, memes, fanfiction, games etc...

Jul 10, 2:34 PM

idk i havent like come across any fans within specific anime fandoms that stood out annoying to me, idk or either like im just to dumb to realize that theyre being annoying LOL

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »