Forum Settings
Forums

most annoying fanbase? (with poll) [Update: with over 1000 votes received, Jojo Bizarre Adventures' fanbase has been declared the most annoying one, followed by My Hero Academia and Naruto's ones. What are your thoughts on these results?]

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

Poll: which do you think is the most annoying fanbase??

Jul 15, 6:21 PM

As a Jojo fan, I can agree with these results, but hero academia fans still bug me more

Jul 15, 6:21 PM

Afloo said:
otakode said:
Really? Why is Jojo getting the most votes? It's one thing to praise a series and constantly make references to it but its a completely different thing to say stuff like "every anime besides this one is shit" which is exactly what the HxH fanbase does! I liked HxH but the fanbase is insufferable. At least us Jojo fans just jokingly make references. We're not doing it to be obnoxious, it's mainly just to see how many other people will get it. It's always nice when you're storming through the youtube comments section and you happen to stumble upon other Jojo fans. HxH on the other hand go out of their way to attack other anime fanbases and call them shit.
The bad thing is that the "JoJo reference" meme is already dead but people (Usually new to the fandom) keep using it anyway annoying everyone in the process. Even being part of the fandom and being aprt of the people that started killing the Joke this pisses me off since now one of my favorites is seen in a bad light.

Also, There are people in the Fandom that act like how you say HxH fans act.

I believe that meme comes from the fact that Jojo really is a story that gets referenced in a lot of anime. It's been around since the 80s and has influenced a lot about the anime/manga world. I don't really think saying "is that a jojo reference" within itself is a meme. It's just a phrase that was repeated many times.

>Also, There are people in the Fandom that act like how you say HxH fans act.
I am aware of that, but I've noticed it even more with the HxH community. You should see what they do in /a/ on 4chan.

Jul 15, 6:37 PM

otakode said:
Afloo said:
The bad thing is that the "JoJo reference" meme is already dead but people (Usually new to the fandom) keep using it anyway annoying everyone in the process. Even being part of the fandom and being aprt of the people that started killing the Joke this pisses me off since now one of my favorites is seen in a bad light.

Also, There are people in the Fandom that act like how you say HxH fans act.

I believe that meme comes from the fact that Jojo really is a story that gets referenced in a lot of anime. It's been around since the 80s and has influenced a lot about the anime/manga world. I don't really think saying "is that a jojo reference" within itself is a meme. It's just a phrase that was repeated many times.

>Also, There are people in the Fandom that act like how you say HxH fans act.
I am aware of that, but I've noticed it even more with the HxH community. You should see what they do in /a/ on 4chan.
The Problem with the "JoJo reference" meme is that people are no longer using it to point out REAL reference for JoJo. The use it a lot of times to point out basic similarities between a show and JoJo even if that similarity comes from a trope as old as Anime or entertainment in general.

An example of a REAL jojo reference would be almost all the Persona Series. I know MegaTen is as old if not older than JoJo but With the Persona series it became apparent that they were referencing JoJo mixing it a little bit with Traditional RPGs. Being the way Demons/Personas act in Persona more similar to JoJo than other Megaten games being in this case your revelious spirit that helps you confront the world. It being a part of your Persona just how stands are beings created from you that stand by you. Both having a sistem dependant on Tarot cards is another indicator of this since here each Persona is linked to a specific Tarot card just like most Part 3 stands were named after tarot Cards

Misplaced JoJo references are a bit easier to explain. An example of this can be Any Vampire. JOJO DIDN'T INVENT VAMPIRES. That should be obvious. Even then a ton of people tend to act like any vampire is a JoJo reference. Another example can be any stolen kiss even though that has always existed in media.

The meme has gotten so out of hand that Anything that looks remotely like JoJo becomes a JoJo reference. You can still make JoJo memes using stuff that isn't related to JoJo. More power to you really if you can make it look like something from the Show, Just don't act like the show itself made the reference when you made it yourself.

I sometimes feel like the entire fandom has become like that girl from OreShura that was Obssessed with JoJo.

Doing Finish or Fail
To Clear up my On Hold List
and fill it again :p

Jul 18, 5:42 PM

Johan said:
EndlessMaria said:
I've been a JJBA fan since 2003 and it's quite shocking how popular it has become. Imo its popularity is deserved.

Wtf is this nonsense. I come back to the forums - JUST FOR YOU. And this is the first comment i find from you :@
Lol whoops. No one ever responds to me unless I shitpost.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jul 18, 9:17 PM

EndlessMaria said:
Johan said:

Wtf is this nonsense. I come back to the forums - JUST FOR YOU. And this is the first comment i find from you :@

LOL but i respond to you :(

I thought you and I were tomodachis :c

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!

Jul 18, 9:57 PM

Johan said:
EndlessMaria said:

Of course. It's a delight to have you back in action (´・ω・`)
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jul 18, 9:59 PM

EndlessMaria said:
Johan said:

Hehe only for you, Senpai :*

How you been?

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!

Jul 18, 10:04 PM

Johan said:
EndlessMaria said:

How you been?

I've been decent, however this KyoAni news is depressing. How about you?
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jul 18, 10:18 PM

look at this and tell me god exsits...

Jul 18, 10:29 PM

EndlessMaria said:
Johan said:

How you been?

Yeah the KyoAni thing crushed me tbh. I didn[t sleep until 11:00am EDT, and was tweeting/cyphering through information for about 12 hours straight.

I still am constantly checking twitter and other sources for confirmation of the safety of Takemoto.

I'm really disgusted by the whole thing :\

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!

Jul 18, 10:55 PM

Johan said:
EndlessMaria said:

Yeah the KyoAni thing crushed me tbh. I didn[t sleep until 11:00am EDT, and was tweeting/cyphering through information for about 12 hours straight.

I still am constantly checking twitter and other sources for confirmation of the safety of Takemoto.

I'm really disgusted by the whole thing :\
The world is so ugly. The entire situation feels surreal. May they rest in peace and I wish the best for the injured and the loved ones of all those affected. What was taken away was something beautiful.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jul 19, 12:42 AM

I hate those gokutards in the Dragon Ball fandom who automatically claim that Goku can 'solo the entire anime universe'. Yes, we all know that Goku is strong, but he is NOT the strongest anime character, so please stop overhyping him. This also goes for Saitama fans, I guess.

I also have problems with My hero Academia and Tokyo Ghoul fanboys, but nothing bothers me more than die-hard Dragon Ball fanboys.
No anime is non-canon. Non-canon is canon, but on a different world line.

Jul 19, 2:35 AM

ohml said:

Hahaha! Silly Deku, why did he put a ball inside his shirt? Only little kids do that, that's a bit childish and... Oh, wait...

Jul 19, 2:54 AM
I voted for MHA, mainly because it seems like there's a ''controversy" every other week. But if I'm being honest, I'd vote for all of them because fandoms are inherently trash anyways.

Jul 19, 3:07 AM
Okay results thoughts:

*Jojo Bizarre Adventures=>I haven't seen Jojo yet but the jojo memes are super annoying so i get its first position. Furthermore the fandom never talks about how good jojo is,,,,only just how ridiculous and wacky it is. Not to mention ''is that a jojo reference'' shit

*MHA=> I guess this has to do with popularity. I myself voted for mha. The fans are super overprotective of this show. All the criticism are justified about it and ''hur dur it does the shounen tropes right'' bullshit is super annoying to me.

*Naruto=> Idk why it is here maybe popularity factor again....imo DB fans are more annoying than naruto but then again shounen fans are always annoying

Jul 19, 3:12 AM
ohml said:

What did you bring upon this cursed land

Jul 19, 3:16 AM
TTagain said:
Okay results thoughts:

*Jojo Bizarre Adventures=>I haven't seen Jojo yet but the jojo memes are super annoying so i get its first position. Furthermore the fandom never talks about how good jojo is,,,,only just how ridiculous and wacky it is. Not to mention ''is that a jojo reference'' shit

*MHA=> I guess this has to do with popularity. I myself voted for mha. The fans are super overprotective of this show. All the criticism are justified about it and ''hur dur it does the shounen tropes right'' bullshit is super annoying to me.

*Naruto=> Idk why it is here maybe popularity factor again....imo DB fans are more annoying than naruto but then again shounen fans are always annoying

Jojo fans actually didn't bothers me a lot. Yes, they always said "is that jojo reference" or something like that. But I can just ignore them and not get involved, and if I don't understand the meme (I already understand it now, I watch Jojo) they seems didn't get triggered at all.

MHA on the other hand always get triggered when I criticism the anime even though I said "hey, I enjoy it, it's good, but I don't like some part of it and I think X anime is better", they will just completely destroy me.

Jul 19, 3:23 AM

Fate Series, and then Jojo, Dragon Ball and One Piece. By far.

Jul 19, 4:10 AM

Eh, still have to go with none. These sort of things don't trigger me.

Someday won't you dance for me like this again?

Jul 19, 1:42 PM

Quite interesting and curious to notice how Bleach, one of the so-called Big 3, received virtually no votes compared to all of the other battle shounen biggies....

Jul 19, 3:02 PM

Boku no Hero Academia currently. But all-time? JJBA, Hetalia, Yuri on Ice, Naruto, etc. all had pretty annoying fanbases at one point but they've since calmed down.

Jul 19, 5:08 PM

Arkab said:
Quite interesting and curious to notice how Bleach, one of the so-called Big 3, received virtually no votes compared to all of the other battle shounen biggies....

That's likely because Bleach's popularity began to decline shortly after the anime adaption ended. Bleach hasn't gotten any new content in years compared to the regular new content the others such as One Piece, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and My Hero Academia get.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jul 19, 6:41 PM
this poll could be improved by taking away the shows and exhibiting the traits that make fandoms annoying as a whole, i.e. their "authority" by how many shows they've watched or the amount of fuel they add to arguments about "this vs that anime", the "original vs adaptation" and right now I don't have time to anything else that is widely recognized as annoying

Jul 19, 6:48 PM

I voted for Durarara... Now someone, hurry up and vote for Noragami. All fandoms must be hated... Let's make sure no one is left behind. Show solidarity.

Jul 19, 6:54 PM
Forum Moderator
pro hermit

Thread Locked

Threads like these only encourage baiting and tend to devolve into insults.