Forum Settings
Forums

most annoying fanbase? (with poll) [Update: with over 1000 votes received, Jojo Bizarre Adventures' fanbase has been declared the most annoying one, followed by My Hero Academia and Naruto's ones. What are your thoughts on these results?]

New
which do you think is the most annoying fanbase??
Dragon Ball
6.0%
Naruto
7.2%
One Piece
3.3%
Bleach
0.4%
Fairy Tail
2.8%
Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood
4.8%
Hunter x Hunter
2.7%
My Hero Academia
12.0%
Jojo Bizarre Adventures
23.8%
Gintama
1.5%
Death Note
0.6%
Sword Art Online
4.6%
One Punch Man
1.4%
Attack on Titan
5.4%
Code Geass
0.8%
Evangelion
2.6%
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan
0.2%
Cowboy Bebop
0.3%
Legend of Galactic Heroes
2.0%
Fate series
1.4%
Madoka Magica
0.8%
Sailor Moon
0.0%
Steins Gate
0.6%
Monogatari series
1.9%
Monster
0.2%
Mushishi series
0.0%
Clannad
0.3%
K-On
0.3%
Food Wars
0.1%
Assassination Classroom
0.1%
My Teen Romantic Comedy
0.2%
Hyouka
0.1%
Haruhi Suzumiya
0.1%
Toradora
0.1%
Mob Psycho 100
0.1%
Re:zero
1.1%
Durarara
0.1%
Berserk
0.5%
No Game No Life
0.4%
Tokyo Ghoul
1.6%
Noragami
0.0%
Psycho Pass
0.1%
Seven Deadly Sins
0.3%
Kono Subarashi
0.9%
Haikyuu
0.3%
Kuroko no Basket
0.1%
Free!
0.2%
Black Butler
0.7%
Tatami Galaxy
0.4%
Other, which?
4.9%
1,828 votes
Jul 9, 2019 5:36 PM
Sep 2018
there have been other topics discussing which anime or franchise has the most annoying, toxic fanbase, but they didn't feature a poll so that we could have a clearer picture of the perception of the community.

which anime do you think has the worst fanbase, and why?? I've included a list of some the most notable titles/properties in the poll with well-defined, vocal fanbases, it's obviously not exhaustive so I've included an "other" option. Don't forget to include your reasons. Also I've only included series, since they tend to have more developed fanbases than movies.

I'm personally voting for Hunter x Hunter, I have nothing against the series but it's very annoying to see and read everywhere how its fanbase constantly acts like they have superior taste in shonen anime and constantly shit on all the other mainstream shonen anime (except FMAB), which is a very arrogant attitude. also, they can't and won't accept any criticism or negative opinion made towards their favorite anime, if you do so then you are an ignorant or you have bad taste, so you really can have any sort of healthy discussion with them.
DrawlerJul 13, 2019 8:40 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2019 5:43 PM

May 2009
There's far more fanbases than this... :P

I voted "Other". That's because I want to highlight "hatebases". The SAO hatedom for example is really obnoxious.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jul 9, 2019 6:04 PM
Feb 2017
I don't really pay attention to the fanbases much, but I guess the Clannad fanbase. No, I don't care how good After Story is, I don't want to sit through the harem SoL first season.
Jul 9, 2019 6:18 PM

Feb 2017
It's between:
-One Piece
-One Punch Man (recently about the studio change)
-FMA: Brotherhood
-Dragon Ball
-Naruto
-Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-Hunter X Hunter
-Tokyo Ghoul (even more after that bullshit people sending hate mails to the creator)
-Fairy Tail

I don't know which of them are the worst, and I couldn't pick just one, but I list them as the worst, and the most annoying fanbases in anime community
We are EVERYWHERE...
Jul 9, 2019 7:20 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Every fanbase annoys me honestly, but then again I'm a fairly easy person to annoy

Think the ones I feel I've had the most annoying run-ins with would probably Oregairu, Monogatari, and DxD

The first and second are for similar reasons - perceived pretentiousness in relation to the product, albeit they differ in *how* they seem to have a tendency to act pretentious about it - and the latter is because "omg i watched and liked DxD an overall pretty tame and mainstream friendly ecchi i'm such a degenerate lol and i'm never going to look further into the genre than this one show that's pretty much the the attack on titan or sword art online for this specific genre and then pose as if i'm super hardcore perv"

I'm not Mamster-tier about DxD fans, he says they're not even ecchi fans if it's in their favorites and I think that's absolutely ridiculous and even outright unacceptable, but...egh, yeah, no, I will admit that it feels like there's a strong tendency towards posturing there due to the mixture of the popularity, accessibility, and the content of the series. Which annoys me a lot whenever it pops up, as somebody who's so into this type of stuff that he runs the largest club for it on this site and scours through decades' old ecchi OVAs rather than brickwalling and acting like a total degenerate after having seen fucking DxD of all things.

It's like when somebody who's only ever seen Attack on Titan tries to act like they're the most hardcore anime fan, I guess. Whenever people do that, it does annoy me, and I think it does have a strong tendency with DxD fans.
ManabanJul 9, 2019 7:31 PM

Jul 9, 2019 7:28 PM

Apr 2019
Manaban said:
Every fanbase annoys me honestly, but then again I'm a fairly easy person to annoy

Think the ones I feel I've had the most annoying run-ins with would probably Oregairu, Monogatari, and DxD

The first and second are for similar reasons - perceived pretentiousness in relation to the product, albeit they differ in *how* they seem to have a tendency to act pretentious about it - and the latter is because "omg i watched and liked DxD an overall pretty tame and mainstream friendly ecchi i'm such a degenerate lol and i'm never going to look further into the genre than this one show that's pretty much the the attack on titan or sword art online for this specific genre"

As a Monogatari fan I can see why you say what you said, honestly.

About the fanbases... I voted Jojo but I think the 80 % of the list deserve it.

Apr 2015
For me, the Jojo fanbase. Not everything is a damn Jojo's reference, and they tend to be the one's who call people weebs, while having a picture of a Jojo character as their pfp. Simple, but justified reasons for me calling the fanbase annoying.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 2018
Tatami Galaxy, without a doubt.

Not because all Yuasa fans are bad, but because all anime "connoisseurs" are Yuasa fans. Without exception.
Jul 9, 2019 7:30 PM

Jan 2018
BlakexEkalb said:
I don't really pay attention to the fanbases much, but I guess the Clannad fanbase. No, I don't care how good After Story is, I don't want to sit through the harem SoL first season.

Idk, the reason I won't watch Clannad is because of those scary ass eyes. xD

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Jul 9, 2019 7:31 PM

Apr 2019
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

Not because all Yuasa fans are bad, but because all anime "connoisseurs" are Yuasa fans. Without exception.

I liked Tatami Galaxy but that´s the only product I liked from Yuasa.

Will I be hated for the elitists ? lol
Jul 9, 2019 7:32 PM

Jul 2017
For me personally, The Promised Neverland, it was just so cancer if you so much as whispered something negative about the show, especially after the 1st ep.

From what I've seen, Darling in the Franxx fans. I've said it a couple of times before but sending death threats just because your ship didn't sail isn't really a reason at all. Or, Sound! Euphorium fans, well the yuri shippers at least
Jul 9, 2019 7:34 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Short_Circut said:
From what I've seen, Darling in the Franxx fans. I've said it a couple of times before but sending death threats just because your ship didn't sail isn't really a reason at all

Meh. This is an answer I've never liked in these types of threads - not because admonishing that behavior isn't justified, but because it's something that always changes with whatever the most recent outburst about this was. We forget the one before it, and then we forget that one when one comes after it.

Anybody remember before the FranXX dilemma and how all of these threads were filled with Tokyo Ghoul answers due to how they sent death threats to the mangaka over their ship not sailing?

Oct 2013
Why split it up into groups? Anime fans as a whole can be pretty damn annoying.

Jan 2018
I think it's honestly gotta be the Attack on Titan fans for me. I don't even think it's a bad show, but man, the second I said one negative thing in the series discussion for a recent episode, I had like three people come to my profile and call me out for it.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Jul 9, 2019 7:38 PM

Jul 2017
Manaban said:
Short_Circut said:
From what I've seen, Darling in the Franxx fans. I've said it a couple of times before but sending death threats just because your ship didn't sail isn't really a reason at all

Meh. This is an answer I've never liked in these types of threads - not because admonishing that behavior isn't justified, but because it's something that always changes with whatever the most recent outburst about this was. We forget the one before it, and then we forget that one when it comes after it.

Anybody remember before the FranXX dilemma and how all of these threads were filled with Tokyo Ghoul answers due to how they sent death threats to the mangaka over their ship not sailing?

Did that really happen lol? Wasn't aware of that. Welp, either way, it's not like that's the only issue with DiTF fans, the whole circlejerk over loving 02 and hating Ichigo is pretty toxic in itself amongst other things
Jul 9, 2019 8:21 PM

May 2018
Mostly Attack on Titan, not sure if it's still a thing, I'm not up to date atm, but I really hate Levi, and when it comes to his fangirls shipping him with Eren it's ummm... I don't like it at all, k? Not to mention the fact that writing a bad word about this show will result in a HUUGE butthurt from it's fanbase. Many of them also feel superior to other anime watchers cuz they think that SnK is "da best show" for some unknown reasons. It gets even worse cuz of the 3rd season hype

2nd place goes for Jojo, literally the same memes and references over and over again are pretty damn boring

Also Code Geass, "200IQ" Lelouch lovers are annoying
reformed
Jul 9, 2019 8:27 PM

Jul 2016
Jojo,MHA,SNK this three is main, monogatari is too.

Jul 9, 2019 8:36 PM

Jun 2019
Anyone who insists their show is the undisputed best when there is no best or worst show, film, song, or video game anymore than there is a best or worst food, color, or temperature. It's 100% subjective.

As to who I see this from the most as far as the major fanbases go, it's something of a toss-up between Attack on Titan and Evangelion.

Honorable mention to FMAB.
Jul 9, 2019 8:41 PM
May 2017
It's not really the same kind of answer, but the Fairy Tail fanbase just became absurdly dumb in my eyes when they still loved FT even after Alvarez. Like seriously.
Manaban said:
This shit is why we never get ship sails in 99% of anime, and therefore never get a meaningful progression of character relationships. Folks care too much about fictional characters.
TaifoodJul 9, 2019 8:47 PM
Jul 9, 2019 8:45 PM
Jul 2018
BlakexEkalb said:

well since it is adapted from galge anyway, otherwise it won't be called galge. but why there is no IBO fandom listed here. IBO fandom ruin all gundam fandom.
Jul 9, 2019 8:47 PM

Jan 2009
any popular anime fandom that have heavy shippers in them
- Darling in the FranXX is already mentioned
- Tokyo Ghoul also is one when a lot of fans sent death threats too because the main character have sex with his lover girl
- Bleach fans also send death threats because muh ships did not sail afaik
Jul 9, 2019 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
Greyleaf said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Idk, the reason I won't watch Clannad is because of those scary ass eyes. xD

that is the classic kyoani style, but i won't force anyone to watch a certain series since everyone have their own taste. if you know someone who always force you to watch a certain series, just block them (i did it too to many of my friend(not anymore) who always force me to watch isekai anime ( i don't hate it, but i just don't feel like i could enjoy it))
Jul 9, 2019 8:52 PM
Jul 2018
I voted for Fairy Tail since I was a part of it for many years.

People would get hostile with one another over different opinions.

Also people got extremely salty if you shipped anything that was not part of the "Big 4" (NaLu, Gruvia, Jerza, and Gajevy).
Jul 9, 2019 8:53 PM
Bored

Apr 2018
Jojo Bizarre Adventures just because of how many people on twitter and Reddit just spam it when they get the chance.
Jul 9, 2019 8:59 PM

May 2018
I guess nothing really annoys me anime-wise or fandom-wise - I'm very Zen regarding other individuals tastes and choices in ANYTHING LOL, but I voted for Seven Deadly Sins anyway, just because I thought the series wasn't very good, and didn't live up to it's hype, or my expectations of it. I'm not so sure if the fan base is annoying per se, but they should know better than to like something as vacuous as that LOL. Then again I like SAO and some people consider that as the epitome of vacuity. It's all in the eye of the beholder my dear chap/chapette, but it's still good to see SAO take a break (from the hatred and abuse) in this polling - so far, anyway!

Jul 9, 2019 9:00 PM

Mar 2012
Where is the option for a sourcefag?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 9, 2019 9:12 PM

Nov 2011
Lol people hate Jojo that much..

I only know community in this site, and it is always bothered me why terrible One Piece anime still in top airing ranking.. But in the forum, Attack of Titan fanbase is the most annoying one I think ...

NeoAnkara said:
Where is the option for a sourcefag?

This is really true and the reason why I don't want to open episode discussion of airing animes ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 9, 2019 9:16 PM

May 2012
Neorobot said:
Jojo Bizarre Adventures just because of how many people on twitter and Reddit just spam it when they get the chance.
Jojo really is everywhere on the internet is so annoy.
Jul 9, 2019 9:20 PM

Oct 2013
Jo jo and hxh for sure. Also damn, so many attack on titan mentions. sigh.
Jul 9, 2019 9:24 PM

Mar 2012
Manaban said:

The first and second are for similar reasons - perceived pretentiousness in relation to the product, albeit they differ in *how* they seem to have a tendency to act pretentious about it - and the latter is because "omg i watched and liked DxD an overall pretty tame and mainstream friendly ecchi i'm such a degenerate lol and i'm never going to look further into the genre than this one show that's pretty much the the attack on titan or sword art online for this specific genre and then pose as if i'm super hardcore perv"

I'm not Mamster-tier about DxD fans, he says they're not even ecchi fans if it's in their favorites and I think that's absolutely ridiculous and even outright unacceptable, but...egh, yeah, no, I will admit that it feels like there's a strong tendency towards posturing there due to the mixture of the popularity, accessibility, and the content of the series. Which annoys me a lot whenever it pops up, as somebody who's so into this type of stuff that he runs the largest club for it on this site and scours through decades' old ecchi OVAs rather than brickwalling and acting like a total degenerate after having seen fucking DxD of all things.

It's like when somebody who's only ever seen Attack on Titan tries to act like they're the most hardcore anime fan, I guess. Whenever people do that, it does annoy me, and I think it does have a strong tendency with DxD fans.
The holier than thou attitude kinda get on nerve isn't it? That's why these past few year I'm distancing myself on the fandom because it even get onto my skin.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 9, 2019 9:32 PM

Jul 2017
Oh wow I didn't realise how much people were annoyed by Jojo fans xD

I voted Fairy Tail because the die-hard fans try so hard to defend the series when the creator himself can't, it's a really enjoyable series but they should just embrace how flawed it is.

I was really close to picking BNHA tho because a lot of those fangirls need to settle tf down.

Jul 9, 2019 9:38 PM

May 2018
Jojo fan base. All style no substance and yet they use the same excuse to bash other anime when their own favorite anime got no substance and has zero plot.
Jul 9, 2019 9:48 PM

Dec 2008
I want ONE PIECE to be voted as the most annoying yet toxic fanbase of all times, because...... why the hell not? I want ONE PIECE to be #1 in everything. It doesn’t matter to me actually. I just wanna read hate messages and laugh.

Dead Club: https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=785&q=death%20one

Please join the club, guys. Make this old man laughs once more.
Jul 9, 2019 9:50 PM

Oct 2016
Definitely gotta go with HxH. Can't say one bad thing about the show without someone attacking you, talking about the deconstruction of whatever. Plus many HxH fans automatically think its the best shonen ever just because it gets a little dark during the Chimera Ant Arc and because it's less popular than DBZ, Naruto,One Piece etc. and they'll call every other shonen (besides FMAB) trash. Second most annoying would be JoJo and I don't need to explain why. JoJo could actually very easily be number 1.
WillofFire700Jul 9, 2019 9:54 PM
Jul 9, 2019 9:50 PM

Feb 2014
Definitely the JoJo fuckbois. At least the shounen or any huge mainstream anime fanboys stick to their own fandoms and have their stupid fights among themselves, or with other fanbases at appropriate places. But I can't go on a single anime video, or even other videos that have anime fans as viewers, without seeing a shitty "it was me DIo" meme shoved in the comments section.
Jul 9, 2019 9:51 PM
Jul 2019
Jojo fanbase is obnoxious, Like, they just regurgitate the same phrases over and over & As much as I love Re:Zero, the fanbase is pretty bad.
Jul 9, 2019 9:52 PM

Nov 2016
I don't know the fandom from the inside if they're toxic between them or not but the Jojo's fanbase annoys me a little (too much), they're like Jehovah's Witnesses for fuck sake, that and the snob attitude that some part of the fanbase have, specially those who read SBR.
Jul 9, 2019 10:05 PM

Feb 2016
@FloodBasalt

ITA MIA DIO DOOOOOODEIIIIIIO

EDIT: JoJo seems bad but I can't judge till I've watched
PantsuSenseiUwUJul 9, 2019 10:09 PM
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 9, 2019 10:14 PM

Jan 2018
haha wow quite the list you got there

im usually not bothered by a fandom unless someone from one starts getting in my face about it
ええ、私はそこにいてそれをやった

Jul 9, 2019 10:22 PM

Nov 2013
JoJo. As much as I like some of the memes, it gets a bit overbearing when the fandom tries to find a JoJo reference in everything.

Re:Zero. All the interesting discussion is drowned out by waifu wars.

Neon Genesis Evangelion. Similar problem as the Re:Zero fandom though to a lesser extent.

My Hero Academia. So much shipping...

Jul 9, 2019 10:32 PM
Mar 2016
Shounen fans in general are most annoying. I don't understand the hype behind shows like fairy tale, mha or db super at all. Also by shounen i mean battle shounen specifically.
Jul 9, 2019 10:40 PM

Sep 2018
I feel a fan base can feel more annoying being outside of it, and considering I am a part of the Jojo fandom, it’s less annoying to me than it could be, or used to be. But it’s still annoying as fuck....if I have to hear kono dio da one more time i’m going to blow my brains out

...however.... the hero academia fandom irks me even more. Jesus Christ, It’s absolutely hellish. There are good hero academia fans, but it’s hard to ignore what it’s spawned

Re:zero is a little annoying too, but Jojo and hero academia top it

However I don’t judge people based off of the shows they like, don’t let a fan base ruin something for you, just enjoy it.
returntothenhkJul 9, 2019 10:45 PM
Jul 9, 2019 10:42 PM
Feb 2018
Dragon Ball, MHA & Re Zero....it pisses me when re zero fan boys call it a masterpiece or a 'deconstruction' of isekai genre..

MorphGinJul 9, 2019 10:52 PM
Jul 9, 2019 11:30 PM

Jul 2013
I'm debating between Dragon Ball and Attack on Titan. Dragon Ball fans are more toxic in general, but most of the toxic are from kids so I can somewhat forgive them.

The titan fanbase, on the other hand... oh boy, you've got the manga fans who just have to spoil it for everybody on every forum in existence. You've got the "it's da best show eveeeeeer" group who will pick a fight with you the moment you say a single negative thing about it. You've got the "oh you don't know this yet? wait until it blows your mind ohoho" jackasses. Then recently, you've got the "this masterpiece have to be #1 on MAL or I won't be able to sleep at night".
Jul 9, 2019 11:31 PM

Jun 2015
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

Ah the classic correlations going strong in this one. Quality response for an equally great thread.
Jul 9, 2019 11:43 PM

Mar 2019
I don't feel like I know enough about each fanbase to really answer this but I find it really amusing how much hate the Jojo, MHA, and Attack on Titan fanbases are getting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2019 11:47 PM

Aug 2015
Definitely the fans from Jojo's crappy adventure,

But if i go by the recent example than i probably would say Vinland saga

fans of this series have become so toxic and arrogant
Jul 9, 2019 11:47 PM

Jun 2016
Probably Jojo. But I'm voting for Attack on Titan as its fanbase is the easiest to get triggered over trivial things. Right? @keragamming (just feeling like mentioning you since you mentioned me the other day)
EdocchiJul 10, 2019 12:04 AM
Jul 9, 2019 11:53 PM

May 2015
madarchod said:
Definitely the fans from Jojo's crappy adventure,

But if i go by the recent example than i probably would say Vinland saga

fans of this series have become so toxic and arrogant

How the fuck does Vinland Saga have a toxic fanbase?

Jul 10, 2019 12:01 AM

Sep 2014
Personally I really dislike these kinds of threads. I think it should go without saying, and I'm sure most realize this, but fanbases are so diverse that whatever image of a show's fan you have in mind, not more than a few percent of the whole thing are like that. They do not repesent the fanbase at large. And some people seem to be so toxic and serious about the whole thing...

But yeah, let's dive to it, I just want to point out that I am not generalizing, do not claim anyone who likes the particular show is like that. Especially considering I'm going to be talking solely about shows I like.

HxH. The general attitude towards other shounen, sometimes even with refusal to accept that HxH is also by all possible definitions a battle shounen. I like the show, I really do, but I am not about to claim it's somehow massively different than other long-runners of its kind, let alone the absolutely stupid bullshit that it is a 'deconstruction'. It's a good, but very simple battle show. Aimed at teenagers. The very same who like Naruto or Bleach. Possibly more polished and thought-out than them, but not much different at the core and people acting like they shouldn't even be in the same category is stupid.

Code Geass and Gurren Lagann. Only a small part of the fanbase. But I'm sure a lot of people have seen this before. "I hate mecha, they're stupid and all about robots. Other than Code Geass/Gurren Lagann, it actually has good plot." or something to this extent. Not only the whole statement is absolutely fucking retarded, every damn time these people have seen like 1 or 2 mecha shows, or even not a single one. Honestly, makes me sick. And btw both Geass and TTGL are among my most beloved favourites.

NGE fans and their hateboner for rebuilds that goes way overboard. And also, about NGE itself, the stupid claims akin to "the plot doesn't matter". Ludicrous.

Gundam, specifically the UC-purists. Massive hate and exaggerated criticism to every new non-uc show. The hate for IBO, fucking lmao. That show has had its share of problems and disappointments, but how trashed it is by some... Especially considering a lot of its criticism can be applied to most gundam shows. I wouldn't even call myself a fan of this one tbh, but it did a lot of things right. And Kudelia is the best gundam "main girl", much more of a character than the likes of Four or Lala (and well, she is hot as hell, her design is awesome. )

JoJo fans and their prevalence everywhere is just obnoxious and exhausting. All of this got old. I like the show, generally, but it becoming a meme is sad.

Manaban said:
and the latter is because "omg i watched and liked DxD an overall pretty tame and mainstream friendly ecchi i'm such a degenerate lol and i'm never going to look further into the genre than this one show that's pretty much the the attack on titan or sword art online for this specific genre and then pose as if i'm super hardcore perv"

Do people do that really? I don't think I have come across this myself. Like who wants to pose as a perv/degenerate specifically, and if they do, it can't be that many people? Though then again, you're more of an ecchi fan in general so maybe you've come across these but somehow it escapes my sight, or you exaggerate how they are.
I digress now, but personally I feel instant liking/connection towards DxD fans if only because the show (probably due to how popular it is, just like SAO) among some people has reached the status of an example of bad. It's very often quoted as the bad thing, the problem with modern anime and all that. No more than few days ago on some big subreddit (think it was TodayILearned) there was a post about bad pay in japanese animation industry. And there it is, the upvoted comment that goes something like "thats why they don't make good stuff like trigun and fullmetal alchemist anymore, instead we get trash like sao and highschool DxD."
So yeah, personally I am happy to see appreciation for DxD and ecchi content. People definitely see their first exposition to a medium, or a genre, like something special and I think its understandable. Unless they claim other ecchi is not like it, that they suck and all that... Well that, is stupid for sure.

That being said, I do have my own problems with DxD fanbase.

There's quite a lot of people with the whole 'I like it because unlike other ecchi it has a good plot'. And well, while I'm sure many people saying it mean exactly what I love about the series, the balance of focus on ecchi and different aspects, which is in my opinion perfect. But there are many that seem to have this attitude 'ecchi is bad but dxd is excused because it has a plot' which I think is stupid on too many levels to list, but does also imply the thing I was talking about with mecha - severe lack of experience with the genre, yet making generalizing claims.

The other thing, which I experienced mainly through highschool dxd subreddit is a lot of sourcefags. That is definitely not unique to DxD, and in general, if you're a sourcefag, fuck you, but yeah. It's not even about anime itself, because the anime is very faithful adaptation (other than BorN which was a fuckup, regardles of it being unfaitfhul). But you really can't criticize the novel, or even claim you think anime improved on the LN, without being hated by them. I once made a pretty long and elaborate post, a very polite one too, that I think novel has been getting worse for quite some time, and that the formula isn't working with how many characters were introduced and generally suggesting that Ishibumi expanded everything (the world, the powers, the number of characters) too much. I got downvoted to hell, wow.
ImaishiJul 10, 2019 12:21 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 hours ago

47 by Toooooooooohru »»
6 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

49 by Lampblasted »»
6 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

42 by MichaelJackson »»
9 minutes ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - 13 minutes ago

1 by Otakupervert890 »»
10 minutes ago

» Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion ( 1 2 )

ShuisBased2 - Jan 15

68 by FanofAction »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.