Forum Settings
Forums

most annoying fanbase? (with poll) [Update: with over 1000 votes received, Jojo Bizarre Adventures' fanbase has been declared the most annoying one, followed by My Hero Academia and Naruto's ones. What are your thoughts on these results?]

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

Poll: which do you think is the most annoying fanbase??

Jul 9, 5:36 PM
there have been other topics discussing which anime or franchise has the most annoying, toxic fanbase, but they didn't feature a poll so that we could have a clearer picture of the perception of the community.

which anime do you think has the worst fanbase, and why?? I've included a list of some the most notable titles/properties in the poll with well-defined, vocal fanbases, it's obviously not exhaustive so I've included an "other" option. Don't forget to include your reasons. Also I've only included series, since they tend to have more developed fanbases than movies.

I'm personally voting for Hunter x Hunter, I have nothing against the series but it's very annoying to see and read everywhere how its fanbase constantly acts like they have superior taste in shonen anime and constantly shit on all the other mainstream shonen anime (except FMAB), which is a very arrogant attitude. also, they can't and won't accept any criticism or negative opinion made towards their favorite anime, if you do so then you are an ignorant or you have bad taste, so you really can have any sort of healthy discussion with them.
Modified by proletarian, Jul 13, 8:40 AM

Jul 9, 5:43 PM

There's far more fanbases than this... :P

I voted "Other". That's because I want to highlight "hatebases". The SAO hatedom for example is really obnoxious.

Jul 9, 6:04 PM

I don't really pay attention to the fanbases much, but I guess the Clannad fanbase. No, I don't care how good After Story is, I don't want to sit through the harem SoL first season.

Jul 9, 6:18 PM

It's between:
-One Piece
-One Punch Man (recently about the studio change)
-FMA: Brotherhood
-Dragon Ball
-Naruto
-Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-Hunter X Hunter
-Tokyo Ghoul (even more after that bullshit people sending hate mails to the creator)
-Fairy Tail

I don't know which of them are the worst, and I couldn't pick just one, but I list them as the worst, and the most annoying fanbases in anime community
We are EVERYWHERE...

Jul 9, 7:20 PM

Every fanbase annoys me honestly, but then again I'm a fairly easy person to annoy

Think the ones I feel I've had the most annoying run-ins with would probably Oregairu, Monogatari, and DxD

The first and second are for similar reasons - perceived pretentiousness in relation to the product, albeit they differ in *how* they seem to have a tendency to act pretentious about it - and the latter is because "omg i watched and liked DxD an overall pretty tame and mainstream friendly ecchi i'm such a degenerate lol and i'm never going to look further into the genre than this one show that's pretty much the the attack on titan or sword art online for this specific genre and then pose as if i'm super hardcore perv"

I'm not Mamster-tier about DxD fans, he says they're not even ecchi fans if it's in their favorites and I think that's absolutely ridiculous and even outright unacceptable, but...egh, yeah, no, I will admit that it feels like there's a strong tendency towards posturing there due to the mixture of the popularity, accessibility, and the content of the series. Which annoys me a lot whenever it pops up, as somebody who's so into this type of stuff that he runs the largest club for it on this site and scours through decades' old ecchi OVAs rather than brickwalling and acting like a total degenerate after having seen fucking DxD of all things.

It's like when somebody who's only ever seen Attack on Titan tries to act like they're the most hardcore anime fan, I guess. Whenever people do that, it does annoy me, and I think it does have a strong tendency with DxD fans.
Modified by Manaban, Jul 9, 7:31 PM

Jul 9, 7:28 PM

Manaban said:
Every fanbase annoys me honestly, but then again I'm a fairly easy person to annoy

Think the ones I feel I've had the most annoying run-ins with would probably Oregairu, Monogatari, and DxD

The first and second are for similar reasons - perceived pretentiousness in relation to the product, albeit they differ in *how* they seem to have a tendency to act pretentious about it - and the latter is because "omg i watched and liked DxD an overall pretty tame and mainstream friendly ecchi i'm such a degenerate lol and i'm never going to look further into the genre than this one show that's pretty much the the attack on titan or sword art online for this specific genre"

As a Monogatari fan I can see why you say what you said, honestly.

About the fanbases... I voted Jojo but I think the 80 % of the list deserve it.

For me, the Jojo fanbase. Not everything is a damn Jojo's reference, and they tend to be the one's who call people weebs, while having a picture of a Jojo character as their pfp. Simple, but justified reasons for me calling the fanbase annoying.

Tatami Galaxy, without a doubt.

Not because all Yuasa fans are bad, but because all anime "connoisseurs" are Yuasa fans. Without exception.
1 hour = 10,000 yen.
2 hours = 20,000 yen.
3 hours = 3 loaves of French bread.
4 hours = 4 loaves of French bread.

Jul 9, 7:30 PM
*sips coffee*

BlakexEkalb said:
I don't really pay attention to the fanbases much, but I guess the Clannad fanbase. No, I don't care how good After Story is, I don't want to sit through the harem SoL first season.

Idk, the reason I won't watch Clannad is because of those scary ass eyes. xD

Jul 9, 7:31 PM

Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

Not because all Yuasa fans are bad, but because all anime "connoisseurs" are Yuasa fans. Without exception.

I liked Tatami Galaxy but that´s the only product I liked from Yuasa.

Will I be hated for the elitists ? lol

Jul 9, 7:32 PM

For me personally, The Promised Neverland, it was just so cancer if you so much as whispered something negative about the show, especially after the 1st ep.

From what I've seen, Darling in the Franxx fans. I've said it a couple of times before but sending death threats just because your ship didn't sail isn't really a reason at all. Or, Sound! Euphorium fans, well the yuri shippers at least
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'

Jul 9, 7:34 PM

Short_Circut said:
From what I've seen, Darling in the Franxx fans. I've said it a couple of times before but sending death threats just because your ship didn't sail isn't really a reason at all

Meh. This is an answer I've never liked in these types of threads - not because admonishing that behavior isn't justified, but because it's something that always changes with whatever the most recent outburst about this was. We forget the one before it, and then we forget that one when one comes after it.

Anybody remember before the FranXX dilemma and how all of these threads were filled with Tokyo Ghoul answers due to how they sent death threats to the mangaka over their ship not sailing?

Why split it up into groups? Anime fans as a whole can be pretty damn annoying.

*sips coffee*

I think it's honestly gotta be the Attack on Titan fans for me. I don't even think it's a bad show, but man, the second I said one negative thing in the series discussion for a recent episode, I had like three people come to my profile and call me out for it.

Jul 9, 7:38 PM
Attack on Titan. "wow foreshadowing so cool." "the opening goes with everything" "SASAGEYOOOO". i used to be one of these people, the fanbase overhypes the hell out of this show.

Jul 9, 7:38 PM

Manaban said:
Short_Circut said:
From what I've seen, Darling in the Franxx fans. I've said it a couple of times before but sending death threats just because your ship didn't sail isn't really a reason at all

Meh. This is an answer I've never liked in these types of threads - not because admonishing that behavior isn't justified, but because it's something that always changes with whatever the most recent outburst about this was. We forget the one before it, and then we forget that one when it comes after it.

Anybody remember before the FranXX dilemma and how all of these threads were filled with Tokyo Ghoul answers due to how they sent death threats to the mangaka over their ship not sailing?

Did that really happen lol? Wasn't aware of that. Welp, either way, it's not like that's the only issue with DiTF fans, the whole circlejerk over loving 02 and hating Ichigo is pretty toxic in itself amongst other things
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'

Jul 9, 8:21 PM

Mostly Attack on Titan, not sure if it's still a thing, I'm not up to date atm, but I really hate Levi, and when it comes to his fangirls shipping him with Eren it's ummm... I don't like it at all, k? Not to mention the fact that writing a bad word about this show will result in a HUUGE butthurt from it's fanbase. Many of them also feel superior to other anime watchers cuz they think that SnK is "da best show" for some unknown reasons. It gets even worse cuz of the 3rd season hype

2nd place goes for Jojo, literally the same memes and references over and over again are pretty damn boring

Also Code Geass, "200IQ" Lelouch lovers are annoying
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 9, 8:27 PM

Jojo,MHA,SNK this three is main, monogatari is too.

Jul 9, 8:36 PM

Anyone who insists their show is the undisputed best when there is no best or worst show, film, song, or video game anymore than there is a best or worst food, color, or temperature. It's 100% subjective.

As to who I see this from the most as far as the major fanbases go, it's something of a toss-up between Attack on Titan and Evangelion.

Honorable mention to FMAB.

Jul 9, 8:41 PM
It's not really the same kind of answer, but the Fairy Tail fanbase just became absurdly dumb in my eyes when they still loved FT even after Alvarez. Like seriously.
Manaban said:
This shit is why we never get ship sails in 99% of anime, and therefore never get a meaningful progression of character relationships. Folks care too much about fictional characters.
Modified by Taifood, Jul 9, 8:47 PM

Jul 9, 8:45 PM
BlakexEkalb said:

well since it is adapted from galge anyway, otherwise it won't be called galge. but why there is no IBO fandom listed here. IBO fandom ruin all gundam fandom.

Jul 9, 8:47 PM
any popular anime fandom that have heavy shippers in them
- Darling in the FranXX is already mentioned
- Tokyo Ghoul also is one when a lot of fans sent death threats too because the main character have sex with his lover girl
- Bleach fans also send death threats because muh ships did not sail afaik

Jul 9, 8:51 PM
Greyleaf said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Idk, the reason I won't watch Clannad is because of those scary ass eyes. xD

that is the classic kyoani style, but i won't force anyone to watch a certain series since everyone have their own taste. if you know someone who always force you to watch a certain series, just block them (i did it too to many of my friend(not anymore) who always force me to watch isekai anime ( i don't hate it, but i just don't feel like i could enjoy it))

Jul 9, 8:52 PM

I voted for Fairy Tail since I was a part of it for many years.

People would get hostile with one another over different opinions.

Also people got extremely salty if you shipped anything that was not part of the "Big 4" (NaLu, Gruvia, Jerza, and Gajevy).

Jul 9, 8:53 PM
King Boring

Jojo Bizarre Adventures just because of how many people on twitter and Reddit just spam it when they get the chance.
YEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEETYEET

Jul 9, 8:59 PM

I guess nothing really annoys me anime-wise or fandom-wise - I'm very Zen regarding other individuals tastes and choices in ANYTHING LOL, but I voted for Seven Deadly Sins anyway, just because I thought the series wasn't very good, and didn't live up to it's hype, or my expectations of it. I'm not so sure if the fan base is annoying per se, but they should know better than to like something as vacuous as that LOL. Then again I like SAO and some people consider that as the epitome of vacuity. It's all in the eye of the beholder my dear chap/chapette, but it's still good to see SAO take a break (from the hatred and abuse) in this polling - so far, anyway!

Jul 9, 9:00 PM

Where is the option for a sourcefag?
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book will be live this fall. Be sure to back it up guys."

Jul 9, 9:08 PM

I generally tend to avoid any fandom discussions and whatnot for my own mental health's sake and idk for sure but the most obnoxious I've seen so far is LOGH fanbase. Those dudes are so religious about their little space opera, god forbid you to call it anything but masterpiece, they will come after you harder than if you had offended their mother.

Jul 9, 9:12 PM

Lol people hate Jojo that much..

I only know community in this site, and it is always bothered me why terrible One Piece anime still in top airing ranking.. But in the forum, Attack of Titan fanbase is the most annoying one I think ...

NeoAnkara said:
Where is the option for a sourcefag?

This is really true and the reason why I don't want to open episode discussion of airing animes ...

Jul 9, 9:16 PM

Neorobot said:
Jojo Bizarre Adventures just because of how many people on twitter and Reddit just spam it when they get the chance.
Jojo really is everywhere on the internet is so annoy.

Jul 9, 9:20 PM

Jo jo and hxh for sure. Also damn, so many attack on titan mentions. sigh.

Jul 9, 9:24 PM

Manaban said:

The first and second are for similar reasons - perceived pretentiousness in relation to the product, albeit they differ in *how* they seem to have a tendency to act pretentious about it - and the latter is because "omg i watched and liked DxD an overall pretty tame and mainstream friendly ecchi i'm such a degenerate lol and i'm never going to look further into the genre than this one show that's pretty much the the attack on titan or sword art online for this specific genre and then pose as if i'm super hardcore perv"

I'm not Mamster-tier about DxD fans, he says they're not even ecchi fans if it's in their favorites and I think that's absolutely ridiculous and even outright unacceptable, but...egh, yeah, no, I will admit that it feels like there's a strong tendency towards posturing there due to the mixture of the popularity, accessibility, and the content of the series. Which annoys me a lot whenever it pops up, as somebody who's so into this type of stuff that he runs the largest club for it on this site and scours through decades' old ecchi OVAs rather than brickwalling and acting like a total degenerate after having seen fucking DxD of all things.

It's like when somebody who's only ever seen Attack on Titan tries to act like they're the most hardcore anime fan, I guess. Whenever people do that, it does annoy me, and I think it does have a strong tendency with DxD fans.
The holier than thou attitude kinda get on nerve isn't it? That's why these past few year I'm distancing myself on the fandom because it even get onto my skin.
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book will be live this fall. Be sure to back it up guys."

Jul 9, 9:32 PM

Oh wow I didn't realise how much people were annoyed by Jojo fans xD

I voted Fairy Tail because the die-hard fans try so hard to defend the series when the creator himself can't, it's a really enjoyable series but they should just embrace how flawed it is.

I was really close to picking BNHA tho because a lot of those fangirls need to settle tf down.

Jul 9, 9:38 PM

Jojo fan base. All style no substance and yet they use the same excuse to bash other anime when their own favorite anime got no substance and has zero plot.
My Wife is a Demon Queen

Jul 9, 9:45 PM

High School DxD fans are the worst that was trash there was only ecchi scenes and nothing happened

Jul 9, 9:48 PM
Mugiwara-sensei

I want ONE PIECE to be voted as the most annoying yet toxic fanbase of all times, because...... why the hell not? I want ONE PIECE to be #1 in everything. It doesn’t matter to me actually. I just wanna read hate messages and laugh.

Dead Club: https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=785&q=death%20one

Please join the club, guys. Make this old man laughs once more.

Jul 9, 9:50 PM

Definitely gotta go with HxH. Can't say one bad thing about the show without someone attacking you, talking about the deconstruction of whatever. Plus many HxH fans automatically think its the best shonen ever just because it gets a little dark during the Chimera Ant Arc and because it's less popular than DBZ, Naruto,One Piece etc. and they'll call every other shonen (besides FMAB) trash. Second most annoying would be JoJo and I don't need to explain why. JoJo could actually very easily be number 1.
Modified by WillofFire700, Jul 9, 9:54 PM

Jul 9, 9:50 PM
Definitely the JoJo fuckbois. At least the shounen or any huge mainstream anime fanboys stick to their own fandoms and have their stupid fights among themselves, or with other fanbases at appropriate places. But I can't go on a single anime video, or even other videos that have anime fans as viewers, without seeing a shitty "it was me DIo" meme shoved in the comments section.

Jul 9, 9:51 PM
アリス

Jojo fanbase is obnoxious, Like, they just regurgitate the same phrases over and over & As much as I love Re:Zero, the fanbase is pretty bad.

"ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ ᴀɴ ɪᴅɪᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴄᴏᴏʟ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴡʜʏ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴄᴏᴏʟ."
-ʜᴀʀᴜᴋᴏ

Jul 9, 9:52 PM

I don't know the fandom from the inside if they're toxic between them or not but the Jojo's fanbase annoys me a little (too much), they're like Jehovah's Witnesses for fuck sake, that and the snob attitude that some part of the fanbase have, specially those who read SBR.

Jul 9, 10:05 PM
Otaku

@FloodBasalt

ITA MIA DIO DOOOOOODEIIIIIIO

EDIT: JoJo seems bad but I can't judge till I've watched
Modified by PantsuSenseiUwU, Jul 9, 10:09 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 9, 10:14 PM

haha wow quite the list you got there

im usually not bothered by a fandom unless someone from one starts getting in my face about it
ええ、私はそこにいてそれをやった

Jul 9, 10:22 PM

JoJo. As much as I like some of the memes, it gets a bit overbearing when the fandom tries to find a JoJo reference in everything.

Re:Zero. All the interesting discussion is drowned out by waifu wars.

Neon Genesis Evangelion. Similar problem as the Re:Zero fandom though to a lesser extent.

My Hero Academia. So much shipping...

Jul 9, 10:25 PM
Why the fuck is k-on an option? That show's fanbase is literally the nicest I've ever seen.

Jul 9, 10:32 PM
Shounen fans in general are most annoying. I don't understand the hype behind shows like fairy tale, mha or db super at all. Also by shounen i mean battle shounen specifically.

Jul 9, 10:40 PM

I feel a fan base can feel more annoying being outside of it, and considering I am a part of the Jojo fandom, it’s less annoying to me than it could be, or used to be. But it’s still annoying as fuck....if I have to hear kono dio da one more time i’m going to blow my brains out

...however.... the hero academia fandom irks me even more. Jesus Christ, It’s absolutely hellish. There are good hero academia fans, but it’s hard to ignore what it’s spawned

Re:zero is a little annoying too, but Jojo and hero academia top it

However I don’t judge people based off of the shows they like, don’t let a fan base ruin something for you, just enjoy it.
Modified by juiccbox, Jul 9, 10:45 PM

Jul 9, 10:42 PM
Dragon Ball, MHA & Re Zero....it pisses me when re zero fan boys call it a masterpiece or a 'deconstruction' of isekai genre..

Modified by Vash_29, Jul 9, 10:52 PM

Jul 9, 11:30 PM

I'm debating between Dragon Ball and Attack on Titan. Dragon Ball fans are more toxic in general, but most of the toxic are from kids so I can somewhat forgive them.

The titan fanbase, on the other hand... oh boy, you've got the manga fans who just have to spoil it for everybody on every forum in existence. You've got the "it's da best show eveeeeeer" group who will pick a fight with you the moment you say a single negative thing about it. You've got the "oh you don't know this yet? wait until it blows your mind ohoho" jackasses. Then recently, you've got the "this masterpiece have to be #1 on MAL or I won't be able to sleep at night".

Jul 9, 11:31 PM

Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

Ah the classic correlations going strong in this one. Quality response for an equally great thread.

Jul 9, 11:43 PM

I don't feel like I know enough about each fanbase to really answer this but I find it really amusing how much hate the Jojo, MHA, and Attack on Titan fanbases are getting.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »