Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 19, 2019 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
ohml said:
Well I fr have no valuble input on this matter. To be frank, I don't think this is a good site to look for dating. This is a pretty toxic place lmao, but I guess it isn't possible and theres some anecdotal evidence to prove it.

If I were you though, I would just go on a normal big dating site and find people with the same hobbies as you, ones that like anime and such. I bet thats a lot easier.

Remotely related to the topic ig lmaooo

Yeah, maybe join a dating site that allows you to narrow down people by common interests. Im pretty sure lots of dating sites do that, and I imagine there has to be at least one that lets you do that with anime. If not that, then why not join an anime club? Are you in college at all? I run my college’s anime club, which I low key started as a way to make friends and meet new people. I’ve met many people who I otherwise might have never spoken to if not for the club. Hell, I met my ex boyfriend through starting that club. I wouldn’t have been able to start it without his help. That relationship didn’t last, but it does go to show how things can happen through gathering people together who share a common interest.

Wait, never mind. Looks like you found somebody. Lmao. Well, my advice still stands. I’ll just be sure to read more thoroughly through threads from now on. It’s great that things seem to be working out! Good for you, man!
removed-userJul 19, 2019 10:25 AM
Jul 19, 2019 10:05 PM

Feb 2016
deg said:
@PantsuSenseiUwU

congrats you solve your problem yourself lol and that screenshot though
I always knew how, I just wanted to have more real-life situations in the MAL forums. People are fake af online. Me I try to be as close to the real me as possible. What you get here is probably what you'd get IRL. Just a little less weebie :P
Xstasy said:
@PantsuSenseiUwU

That was hilarious you should post more🤣🤣🤣🤣
If I wasn't working 70+ hours a week right now I would be posting like I was when I was on the forums 18 hours a day. I was on so much @deg was like do you even sleep?!? and nah i really didn't
Honey_Flash said:
Yeah, maybe join a dating site that allows you to narrow down people by common interests. Im pretty sure lots of dating sites do that, and I imagine there has to be at least one that lets you do that with anime. If not that, then why not join an anime club? Are you in college at all? I run my college’s anime club, which I low key started as a way to make friends and meet new people. I’ve met many people who I otherwise might have never spoken to if not for the club. Hell, I met my ex boyfriend through starting that club. I wouldn’t have been able to start it without his help. That relationship didn’t last, but it does go to show how things can happen through gathering people together who share a common interest.

Wait, never mind. Looks like you found somebody. Lmao. Well, my advice still stands. I’ll just be sure to read more thoroughly through threads from now on. It’s great that things seem to be working out! Good for you, man!
If I was in college I'd def join a club like that. I'm glad you started one and were able to make friends that way. I wish I could have made friends like that. It's still really hard finding genuine normie-weebie girls like myself
I'm also super picky and very particular when it comes to traits and appearance in my significant other
Thanks for coming in and giving advice honey senpai (ouran host club ref)

still searching for a girl who likes anime as much as me maybe the con is my best bet
but those don't happen often
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 20, 2019 5:52 AM
Jul 2018
Aw, no problem, buddy! Glad things have worked out for you. :)
Jul 20, 2019 11:50 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
The vast majority of people who would even use a site like that are the kind of cringey people nobody would want to date. That's like going to a speed dating thing at a convention like comic con or something; you're basically guaranteeing that you're only going to be getting fish from the bottom of the barrel. If someone is really into anime and using online dating sites they should just use a normal site and put the fact that they happen to like anime on their profile along with all their other hobbies. Not like it's something to be embarrassed about (especially when next to a bunch of other interests). No use hiding it either since your potential partner is gonna find out anyway and regardless it's best to be open about what you like since the more interests you share with a potential partner the better since you're looking not just for a lover but for a best friend (and that's almost always someone you have a lot in common with).
Jul 21, 2019 4:02 AM
May 2019
Honey_Flash said:
ohml said:
Well I fr have no valuble input on this matter. To be frank, I don't think this is a good site to look for dating. This is a pretty toxic place lmao, but I guess it isn't possible and theres some anecdotal evidence to prove it.

If I were you though, I would just go on a normal big dating site and find people with the same hobbies as you, ones that like anime and such. I bet thats a lot easier.

Remotely related to the topic ig lmaooo

Is it just me or does that fat jedi dude from those videos looks like Gabe Newell.
Apparently he got metoed and show was canceled
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03/05/sci-fi-speed-dating-assault-pensacon/
Jul 21, 2019 4:17 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Finding people that actually feel worth sticking with long-term certainly isn't easy, especially if you have some non-mainstream condition attached to it. Most guys that message me just want sex with no strings attached which is not exactly what I'm looking for either. The best you can do is just keep trying new places and approaches as best you can. It may not work but doing nothing most definitely won't get you anyone at least, that's for sure
Jul 21, 2019 8:25 AM

Jan 2009
I don't plan on ever using any of those apps/sites, because then I can still think of there being at least one other option.

HaXXspetten said:
Finding people that actually feel worth sticking with long-term certainly isn't easy, especially if you have some non-mainstream condition attached to it.
This also goes the other way around: finding people that actually feel it to be worth sticking with yourself (general you) might be already an almost impossible quest even when it comes to making and keeping friends.

Kyotosomo said:
The vast majority of people who would even use a site like that are the kind of cringey people nobody would want to date. That's like going to a speed dating thing at a convention like comic con or something; you're basically guaranteeing that you're only going to be getting fish from the bottom of the barrel.
That's quite the condescending (high and mighty) and dehumanizing attitude in my honest opinion. But aside from that, I agree that not making a big deal out of it and using normal dating apps/sites might be the better approach.
Jul 21, 2019 4:11 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Noboru said:
I don't plan on ever using any of those apps/sites, because then I can still think of there being at least one other option.

HaXXspetten said:
Finding people that actually feel worth sticking with long-term certainly isn't easy, especially if you have some non-mainstream condition attached to it.
This also goes the other way around: finding people that actually feel it to be worth sticking with yourself (general you) might be already an almost impossible quest even when it comes to making and keeping friends.

Kyotosomo said:
The vast majority of people who would even use a site like that are the kind of cringey people nobody would want to date. That's like going to a speed dating thing at a convention like comic con or something; you're basically guaranteeing that you're only going to be getting fish from the bottom of the barrel.
That's quite the condescending (high and mighty) and dehumanizing attitude in my honest opinion. But aside from that, I agree that not making a big deal out of it and using normal dating apps/sites might be the better approach.

Yeah I knew full well it was kind of a dick statement but it does still hold true. I don't really care about looks or social adeptness all that much and agree it's silly to put people in leagues in terms of dating but I and most people certainly care enough where a site like that (or heck the videos above of convention speed dating similar to what I mentioned) would be filled with people who wouldn't be the right fit for most. But different strokes for different folks. It's not like there's a right or wrong answer to what one is looking for in a partner, it's just I'd imagine most people would find most of the people who would use a site like that to not be their type. So if you'd be looking for a "normal" person into anime you'd just put it as an interest on your dating profile at a normal site or look for it on other peoples' profiles; or just find someone with several similar interests since there's a good chance they like anime too but just didn't want to put it on their profile.
Jul 22, 2019 1:19 AM

Jan 2009
Kyotosomo said:
It's not like there's a right or wrong answer to what one is looking for in a partner, it's just I'd imagine most people would find most of the people who would use a site like that to not be their type. So if you'd be looking for a "normal" person into anime you'd just put it as an interest on your dating profile at a normal site or look for it on other peoples' profiles; or just find someone with several similar interests since there's a good chance they like anime too but just didn't want to put it on their profile.
Ah okay. But then, this applies to people who don't look for people who are extremely or way more into modern Japanese, pop-culture, but rather to those, who are i.a. also into it.

But personally, I find the over-fixation on common interests a bit shallow. Even if you don't have any common interests at all, you can still enjoy being with someone.
Jul 22, 2019 3:18 AM

Jun 2009
If such an app existed it would be just like any other dating app out there. Half of the people would be on just to see what kind of people are on.

The other half would have zero intention of meeting up.

In my experience most of the people get to know or at lest make more friends at conventions. Its sure a time and effort thing, some of use live nowhere near close to an anime con, let alone have the time off or money to attend.

But there is also the vast majority that simple don't go with the intention of getting a date. 96% of the girls just want to have fun and enjoy the convention. The last thing on their mind is having some dude hounding around them trying to ask them out.

But then again, I do know of a couple that meet at AX and got married 3 years back So theres that.
Jul 22, 2019 11:06 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Noboru said:
Kyotosomo said:
It's not like there's a right or wrong answer to what one is looking for in a partner, it's just I'd imagine most people would find most of the people who would use a site like that to not be their type. So if you'd be looking for a "normal" person into anime you'd just put it as an interest on your dating profile at a normal site or look for it on other peoples' profiles; or just find someone with several similar interests since there's a good chance they like anime too but just didn't want to put it on their profile.
Ah okay. But then, this applies to people who don't look for people who are extremely or way more into modern Japanese, pop-culture, but rather to those, who are i.a. also into it.

But personally, I find the over-fixation on common interests a bit shallow. Even if you don't have any common interests at all, you can still enjoy being with someone.

I think people greatly underestimate how important it is (as well as your partner being at roughly the same intellectual level as you). This is someone you're going to be talking with for potentially the next 50 or so years; that's an insanely long time to talk with someone all day everyday and still always have something new/stimulating to talk about lol. And whilst far from impossible (personalities that mesh well together can go a long way), it's still going to be a lot harder to keep things going if you don't have a lot in common with your partner.
Jul 22, 2019 11:09 PM

Feb 2016
I just want you guys to know
I met the woman of my dreams on these apps
She's helping me get my life together and she's a medical student while a huge weeb who does more illegal substances than every registered user on this site

It's a numbers game, just match with many people and hope for the best
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 22, 2019 11:22 PM

Oct 2012
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
She's helping me get my life together and she's a medical student while a huge weeb who does more illegal substances than every registered user on this site
Yeah, something tells me this isn't going to last long. LOL It's not like hospitals do drug tests on residents or interns or anything...
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 22, 2019 11:26 PM

Feb 2016
katsucats said:
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
Yeah, something tells me this isn't going to last long. LOL It's not like hospitals do drug tests on residents or interns or anything...
lucky for me they dont spinal tap so she is good :D
i mean i went from neet with a nice bank account to business/franchise owner
now that i have the time and money
im going back to uni to get more info and chain this restaurant all over my state
if not more than that
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 22, 2019 11:41 PM

Oct 2012
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
katsucats said:
im going back to uni to get more info and chain this restaurant all over my state
if not more than that
Wow, sounds like things are going great for you. That's awesome. Good luck. I want to eat at one of your franchises one day.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 23, 2019 12:00 AM

Feb 2016
katsucats said:
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
if not more than that
Wow, sounds like things are going great for you. That's awesome. Good luck. I want to eat at one of your franchises one day.
it's michigan so if you're there. hit me up
ill let you know the locations
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 23, 2019 1:46 AM

Jan 2009
Kyotosomo said:
I think people greatly underestimate how important it is (as well as your partner being at roughly the same intellectual level as you). This is someone you're going to be talking with for potentially the next 50 or so years; that's an insanely long time to talk with someone all day everyday and still always have something new/stimulating to talk about lol. And whilst far from impossible (personalities that mesh well together can go a long way), it's still going to be a lot harder to keep things going if you don't have a lot in common with your partner.
Having similar values, a similar mindset and a similar level of intellect is another matter altogether from having similar interests or likes/dislikes. I agree with the former three (values, mindset, intellect) being important, but not with the latter two (interests + likes/dislikes).
Jul 28, 2019 12:41 AM

Feb 2016
Yasuhiro- said:
For me, it doesn't matter what kind of dating website anymore because they all go offline when I come online. #SadBoiz
ever need advice, im pretty smooth with the ladies
not a whore though
i just take a lot out on dates
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 28, 2019 1:28 AM

Oct 2012
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
@katsucats
nah man she cheated by having sex with one of my "homies" after telling me to stop being friends with all my female childhood friends

Holy shit, that's rough. Good for you for getting back on your feet and trying again. Good luck I hope you find your anime gf

Edit
PantsuSenseiUwU said:

Hooray that's awesome! Never seen a happy ending from a mal thread like this before. She sounds fucking badass
ChromephoneJul 28, 2019 1:32 AM
Jul 28, 2019 7:04 PM

Feb 2016
simonephone said:
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
@katsucats
nah man she cheated by having sex with one of my "homies" after telling me to stop being friends with all my female childhood friends

Holy shit, that's rough. Good for you for getting back on your feet and trying again. Good luck I hope you find your anime gf

Edit
PantsuSenseiUwU said:

Hooray that's awesome! Never seen a happy ending from a mal thread like this before. She sounds fucking badass
but we're in an open relationship since she's moving 4 hours away for med school. In the meantime, I'll be focusing on school and work. Hopefully, I don't find someone better (it will be very hard to)
Hopefully, she doesn't either but she probably will be in med school with people like her
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 28, 2019 7:08 PM

Jan 2015
Just your use of the word (subs) makes me want to marry you, but I'm not a woman. Sorry bro.
Feb 9, 2020 10:02 AM
Mar 2016
Hey. I know this thread is necro and crap, but... I'm considering making just such an app using a development tool called React Native. Like Tinder/Bumbl, it will allow fb logins. But, there will be other forms of logging in then that. I haven't decided what kinda theme i'd want to make something like that in. Also, there's the issue of not making it a total sausage fest, but I may have a way to solve that. I'll probably make a post on here at some point asking for a community opinion on it all. I'd need to get it popular, otherwise, that's a waste of a few months of work. I do already have an app I made that has enough functionality that I can pull from though. I'd say, it would take me 2 months to write a high quality dating app for weebs.
Feb 9, 2020 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
@NarakuNoRyuu just don't make it SenpaiMe 2.0 lul
Feb 9, 2020 2:37 PM
Mar 2016
Not sure if I want to put in the effort yet. I never used SenpaiMe though, so I don't know how bad it was. I was just thinking of taking some inspiration from other apps, like Tinder or OkCupid, but making it better for introverts, since there seems to be a lot of them in the anime community.
Apr 15, 2020 5:12 AM

Apr 2020
NarakuNoRyuu said:
Not sure if I want to put in the effort yet. I never used SenpaiMe though

It doesn't seem to be doing well since it's shutting down unfortunately. ,:x
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 8 hours ago

5 by cody »»
6 minutes ago

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - 28 minutes ago

4 by pludel2 »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

15 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
19 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

68 by shadowdownfall »»
37 minutes ago

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 10 hours ago

7 by Zettaiken »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.