Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 10, 2019 12:41 PM

Jun 2019
It was very entertaining, too bad for the usual loli tsundere, I would have liked a more grown and credible companion. The story attracts me a lot.
Jul 10, 2019 1:28 PM

Nov 2013
Ok, we definetely didn't watch the same show.

nightcrawlercyp said:
Another point is you say except for a few criminals but it seems most of the criminals in the only city where there are both aliens and humans are mostly aliens and that at least a few alien races are in great majority criminals.

What gave you that impression? There was exactly ONE criminal from the magic world in this episode, the guy that kidnpped the fairy and made the human guy his puppet. Every other person we see breaking the law this episode is human. The partner of puppet guy, the thugs that tried to assault the MC in his car, the black guy that gives info to the MC...

nightcrawlercyp said:
Also do you know about the laws that prevent you to insert some animals that are not indigenous into another country? There is a reason for this.

This is a ridiculous analogy. Foreign animals disrupt the environment because they will follow their instincts and eat what they can eat. Humans don't have this problem because we can eat many types of food and we are rational enough to change our meals if there is any problem with eating a certain animal or plant.

nightcrawlercyp said:
2. The way the noble acts to humans is in my opinion hostile. And she is not a criminal but she infringes on the rights of every human he meets and attacks whomever she feels like under the shield of diplomatic immunity. I would call that hostile.
3.Have you watched the episode? How can you say the girl (she is little only in size not age) is not hostile. If a guest comes to your house and cuts your arm because in their culture x is offensive does that not make them hostile?

Again, I have no idea where this came from. Being rude to a person is not a violation of human rights. And the only thing she cut this episode was a necktie.

nightcrawlercyp said:
Also they are a different species, they are not human, let alone the whole lore regarding elves and fairies which despite the Disney re imagining is not that pleasant, rather than this more horror stories.

And at which point of the episode was it stated that the fairies in this anime are like those of classical mythology rather than Disney?

nightcrawlercyp said:
And they are a different species. Is like saying we should give dolphins same rights as humans.

Now you are just ignoring what we are already said. The point is that those aliens have the same level of sentience than humans. Dolphins may be smart but they are not on that level. I mean, taking away from a law-abiding citizen his right to leave his house without permission would be seen as cruel, but we do that to dogs, because we can't be sure that the dog won't run away, bite someone, or be run over by a car if we leave it alone. On the other hand we can trust that when we tell a person that is wrong to stab someone they will understand what we said.

nightcrawlercyp said:
There are groups that are over 70% criminals and this is what we are facing here.

No it's not. We are talking about an entire race, not a particular group. Go back to my first point.

nightcrawlercyp said:
About the other show, all I advocated is innocent before proven guilty and law instead of mobs and justitiary characters.

Saying that we shouldn't allow an alien race to live on Eart because they might try to take over the world is not a good way to advocate "innocent before proven guilty".
Jul 10, 2019 4:22 PM

Dec 2010
Ryougine said:
It was very entertaining, too bad for the usual loli tsundere, I would have liked a more grown and credible companion. The story attracts me a lot.

I agree the loli tsundere is totally a turn off,honestly I have not see a normal looking anime girl in so long I forgot what they look like.
Jul 10, 2019 6:50 PM

Jul 2016
Ryougine said:

I was the same.

I could have done without the loli...
Jul 10, 2019 11:44 PM

Jun 2019
hack5 said:
Ryougine said:

I agree the loli tsundere is totally a turn off,honestly I have not see a normal looking anime girl in so long I forgot what they look like.
Now that you mention, i really don't know how a normal girl really looks like. All i see are lolis and average, generic, one-dimensional chicks from everywhere.
Vindicater said:
Ryougine said:

I was the same.

I could have done without the loli...
Same but i must admit her design is not that bad.
Jul 11, 2019 1:39 AM

Aug 2012
JGChaves said:
Ok, we definetely didn't watch the same show.

nightcrawlercyp said:
Another point is you say except for a few criminals but it seems most of the criminals in the only city where there are both aliens and humans are mostly aliens and that at least a few alien races are in great majority criminals.

What gave you that impression? There was exactly ONE criminal from the magic world in this episode, the guy that kidnpped the fairy and made the human guy his puppet. Every other person we see breaking the law this episode is human. The partner of puppet guy, the thugs that tried to assault the MC in his car, the black guy that gives info to the MC...

nightcrawlercyp said:
Also do you know about the laws that prevent you to insert some animals that are not indigenous into another country? There is a reason for this.

This is a ridiculous analogy. Foreign animals disrupt the environment because they will follow their instincts and eat what they can eat. Humans don't have this problem because we can eat many types of food and we are rational enough to change our meals if there is any problem with eating a certain animal or plant.

nightcrawlercyp said:
2. The way the noble acts to humans is in my opinion hostile. And she is not a criminal but she infringes on the rights of every human he meets and attacks whomever she feels like under the shield of diplomatic immunity. I would call that hostile.
3.Have you watched the episode? How can you say the girl (she is little only in size not age) is not hostile. If a guest comes to your house and cuts your arm because in their culture x is offensive does that not make them hostile?

Again, I have no idea where this came from. Being rude to a person is not a violation of human rights. And the only thing she cut this episode was a necktie.

nightcrawlercyp said:
Also they are a different species, they are not human, let alone the whole lore regarding elves and fairies which despite the Disney re imagining is not that pleasant, rather than this more horror stories.

And at which point of the episode was it stated that the fairies in this anime are like those of classical mythology rather than Disney?

nightcrawlercyp said:
And they are a different species. Is like saying we should give dolphins same rights as humans.

Now you are just ignoring what we are already said. The point is that those aliens have the same level of sentience than humans. Dolphins may be smart but they are not on that level. I mean, taking away from a law-abiding citizen his right to leave his house without permission would be seen as cruel, but we do that to dogs, because we can't be sure that the dog won't run away, bite someone, or be run over by a car if we leave it alone. On the other hand we can trust that when we tell a person that is wrong to stab someone they will understand what we said.

nightcrawlercyp said:
There are groups that are over 70% criminals and this is what we are facing here.

No it's not. We are talking about an entire race, not a particular group. Go back to my first point.

nightcrawlercyp said:
About the other show, all I advocated is innocent before proven guilty and law instead of mobs and justitiary characters.

Saying that we shouldn't allow an alien race to live on Eart because they might try to take over the world is not a good way to advocate "innocent before proven guilty".

1. You forget the window washing thugs
2. First of the aliens are not humans, second is about competition for food and reproduction
3. The elf bitch threatened a bouncer with his life, she also threatened the police chief and her partner. Yes in those cases it was a passive aggressive concealed threat but it was still a threat
4. At no point , but the attitude of the fairies is clear from the start. They consider humans as serfs over which they rule.
5. Yes, we are talking about a race but you were the one you mentioned the italians.
6. some say that dolphins and killer whales have a similar sentience level as humans. Not me, but some scientists. The point is they are a different species. No matter what level of sentience they have, your own species must always come first.
7. The problem is not that they might take over the earth. The problem is as they multiply they will consume resources and after a while they will want a territory and then we have disputes. If you want an analogy think of the people that wanted to go into US illegally. They were not an army but they were a lot and this was a type of invasion very similar to that of the aliens. And those were humans so only the economical issue was a problem. But with aliens you have a number of other issues from parasites/ viruses they may carry, to food they may need to eat and may destroy the human food. There are a lot of things that need to be clarified before letting them in. Also based on this episode they did not really ask permission, they barged in settled and then started negotiations after showing military superiority as leverage.
Jul 11, 2019 6:53 AM
Oct 2016
itś been long time since I SERIOUSLY enjoyed OP and ED(I don t mind rewatching it multiple times)Really liked the First episode and I hope we will get this series licenced(it is nice change from ALL THE ISEKAI SERIES WE ALWAYS HAVE!!)
Jul 11, 2019 11:09 AM
Mar 2015
Kei is policeman we love More like Kekkiai Sensei and Psycho pass Always loved FMP so we watch it for the moment
Jul 11, 2019 11:22 AM

Apr 2011
Watching this for the cute badass loli.
Jul 11, 2019 1:50 PM

Jul 2012
The art style is amazing. It feels different than the typical shitty anime art. Im really hyped to see more of this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2019 2:32 PM

Nov 2018
Battlechili said:
That was really good! I had a ton of fun with this. Although the show feels a bit strange. Like it feels like it shouldn't exist in the modern era
I can't help but think that certain aspects of it feel racist. There's nothing BLATANTLY racist about it, but I sighed when they went out of their way to mention Mexican gangs. At the same time however, the way the girl questions the cop she's with and the way they portray him, it sometimes feels almost like a criticism of police corruption. There's even a hint of racial profiling he presents with respect to the characters from other worlds, and the show feels like its criticizing him for it.
I don't really know what to make of this show in that sense.
I had fun with it but
I'm confused as to whether or not its trying to say something about police corruption or if it just happens to have scenes like this and is actually kinda racist. Maybe I'm looking to deeply into things I dunno

Nothing in the first episode was remotely racist. Please stop SJWing on the forums!

Thanks in advance.
Jul 11, 2019 4:13 PM

Nov 2012
In general, stories engaging otherwordly visitors are intriguing as they entertain us with something extraordinary and more or less thought-provoking. I am curious to see how Exedirika reacts to numerous Earth stuff and different situations which are undoubtedly going to arise during the series.

I like how the 1st episode sets the basis for later events without jumping too quickly, though it ends with a cliffhanger fight which I did not expect. The elevator scene rapidly changes tone, she suddenly transforms. 2nd episode will get hot at the beginning just as the 1st with the fairy smugglers.

It must be awfully hard being Kei: allergy to cats (while having one), difficult and dangerous job, losing a friend, having to deal with an arrogant (but beautiful) alien noble, shady priests and gangsters.

One more thing: I don't view her as a loli, she's past high school and she's not exceptionally small. Exedirika's a young adult who in our world would be starting University. Her character designer usually draws women in their 20s like teenage girls.
Jul 11, 2019 7:21 PM

Jun 2014
Now THAT's how you grab attention for a show!

Right into the action, minimal exposition. Explain as they go.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 11, 2019 9:05 PM
Feb 2012
Ryougine said:

I wanted a MILF that could have some good and possibly sexy chemistry with the guy
Jul 12, 2019 2:41 AM
Jul 2018
This is really good owo
An exciting plot?

She's cute!
What a long name she has!

Oh god! The aliens are really powerful!
Jul 12, 2019 6:38 AM

Nov 2013
i'm not really a fan of detective and police stuff, but this one looks ok so far

having aliens, fairies and this super funny main girl might be enough to keep me interested till the end
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 12, 2019 2:19 PM

Mar 2018
Really liking the OST for this anime so far. Plus the animation isn't that bad.
"Those that break the rules and regulations are scum. But those who abandon their friends are even worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Jul 12, 2019 8:19 PM

Jul 2012
PrometheanSpark said:

Nothing in the first episode was remotely racist. Please stop SJWing on the forums!

Thanks in advance.
calm down nerd
I'm offering a possible interpretation and my personal thoughts. Not saying these are cold hard facts and that the anime is bad or anything
Cop Craft is the 2nd best show this season.
Jul 12, 2019 9:57 PM

Jun 2016
I'm surprised at how good this episode was. When I first read the synopsis I was worried this would be a clusterfuck, given the amount of elements that are included, but it was executed pretty well. Seems like it's gonna be a pretty fun ride; I can't wait for the next episode. While I'm waiting, I'll listen to the OP because it's amazing.

Jul 13, 2019 5:43 AM
Nov 2018
I really like this: When she rushed in, boosted by magic to be fast, he still has to save her by pulling her down in cover when the killer starts shooting. Normally a fantasy character boosted with super speed would make mince meat of the enemy who has mere guns, and would make the human ally look foolish.

Also that she tries to touch things and he tells her not to, and she is surprised by his cellphone. Again, normally the Mysterious Female Alien would be above anything earthly, and would be the one to show up the bumbling man. Here it goes both ways instead. They both have assets the other one doesn't have.

Edit: It's by the author of Full Metal Panic? Awesome!
HegarJul 13, 2019 5:49 AM
Jul 13, 2019 7:14 AM

Oct 2017
GodLikesMudkips said:
Why is the user score so low? I thought this was a good first episode, sets up the world quite well.

Mal has shit taste, nothing new here.
Jul 14, 2019 1:39 AM

Apr 2015
Tsudaken is great but sounds a bit tired here, Mayushi is terrible to be honest.

Passable episode.
Jul 14, 2019 7:30 AM

Jan 2011
Solid crime drama so far with pretty solid animation.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 14, 2019 8:49 AM
Jan 2016
Still not a fan of Itagaki's directing style, but this is much better than Berserk (although I suspect that's only because he can't go crazy with the camera angles since it's not all CGI). Story and setting are interesting enough and the art's good, should be a decent enough.
Jul 14, 2019 11:44 AM

Apr 2013
Really solid first episode, and I like the setting a lot. The main guy seems like a pretty likable protagonist as well.
Probably the best isekai to watch this season tbh, hope the story won't disappoint on the long run.
That's one hell of an abrupt way to close the episode though. If we're getting that kind of end every episode, this is bubblegum crisis tokyo 2040 all over again~
Jul 14, 2019 11:52 AM
Sep 2016
is the plot similar to GATE series?
Jul 14, 2019 12:05 PM

Oct 2017
i'm enjoying it, but it's definitely got issues.

you know what doesn't have issues though?

Jul 14, 2019 1:18 PM
Jan 2019
Wow! Brutal! What a good anime, has potential. I think it's one of the most redeeming animes of this season for the originality of its history. I like detective anime, I enjoyed "Double Decker" last year, and I hope that with this anime it's the same 😁. The characters, so far, are to my liking. I really like them. I have a feeling that it will be one of my favorite animes of the season.
It will be a pleasure to see this series with you.

Ps: I think this season, Summer, is the season of the roughest female anime characters 👌.

What does Father Doug Williams do from the movie "A Haunted House", here ?, LOL 😂.
Jul 14, 2019 1:24 PM

Jul 2015
The chanting in the beginning music had me. Dude getting his neck snapped was the cream on top. This is one I feel that I'll be able to enjoy quite well. Hope they can keep up the quality.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 14, 2019 2:24 PM

Jul 2014
Not gonna lie, Til's design is what made me put this anime on my list, especially when I saw the second key visual. I mean...

<3

Anyway, pretty good start. I really like the setting, Til is great and makes a fun duo with Kei.
Jul 14, 2019 3:07 PM

Aug 2017
This reminds me somehow, movie called Bright, where Will Smith was a cop and his partner was orc.
Jul 14, 2019 3:37 PM

Mar 2017
It was pretty good actually. Liking the characters too. Really reminded me of Kekkai Sensen.
Jul 14, 2019 7:34 PM

Nov 2011
I freaking loved this episode! I expected so little from this anime and honestly was blown TF away. Holy shit I didn't expect so much action, crime, and drama. Really amazing first episode. AND Tilarna is adorable!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 14, 2019 7:38 PM

Dec 2016
A lot more entertaining than I thought it would be based off the trailers, this could be a pretty fun show depending on how much they develop the main duo's relationship
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 14, 2019 10:05 PM

Jul 2016
"Satan can suck my dick." Ok, I love Kei's personality already.

Tilarna's character design is quite alluring if I'm honest. Probably, the main reason why I decided to give this show a chance since police genre isn't usually my thing.

OK start overall. The premise seems interesting so far and the interactions between Kei and Tilarna were entertaining as well.

Looking forward to the next episode!
Jul 15, 2019 12:44 AM
Sep 2016
I'm really torn on it so far. On one hand, the art and setting are phenominal. On the other, the characters are very flat, and I'm not too interested in the plot; many have called it Discount Blood Blockade Battlefront and I'm kinda feeling that. The reverse isekai/fish out of water tropes are super done to death at this point. I'll keep my eye on it, though; nothing else to watch on Sundays.
Jul 15, 2019 4:13 AM

Oct 2017
A really interesting set up and start. Too bad for the mc his friend died already.Tilarna is a very cute and interesting character .So far the start was gd lets see what this show has in it for me.
Jul 15, 2019 11:20 AM
Oct 2011
Itsumiyo said:
Like almost everyone here, I wasn't expecting too much but it was a really good start.
I love Exedilika's design and her voice is great too, cute outside with strong personality.
The direction gave me the feel of watching an american tv series but with something magical/special. I enjoyed.

Yeah, I really like the mix.

Hegar said:
I really like this: When she rushed in, boosted by magic to be fast, he still has to save her by pulling her down in cover when the killer starts shooting. Normally a fantasy character boosted with super speed would make mince meat of the enemy who has mere guns, and would make the human ally look foolish.

Also that she tries to touch things and he tells her not to, and she is surprised by his cellphone. Again, normally the Mysterious Female Alien would be above anything earthly, and would be the one to show up the bumbling man. Here it goes both ways instead. They both have assets the other one doesn't have.

Edit: It's by the author of Full Metal Panic? Awesome!

Agreed, the way they balanced it in the first ep gave the set up a real, proper buddy cop team up feel. Exedilika's curiosity is great. With her great design her expressions were so good when she saw all this new stuff she hasn't seen before.

And equally good, it doesn't seem like they've nerfed her either to where she'll be getting saved all the time. Now that she's seen how guns work for the first time with Kei pulling her behind cover, it'll be interesting to see if she changes her tactics against them in the future.

FMP's author made me extra excited for this series to premiere too :)
Jul 15, 2019 12:32 PM

Sep 2017
very interesting and enjoyable episode. the idea and execution seem to work.
Jul 15, 2019 7:12 PM

Feb 2016
My first not negative anime series at this season. Yeah, loli tsundere wavelength is there, at least it has some mature story without stupid fan service out of gate.
Jul 16, 2019 10:20 AM

Apr 2011
Looks good. Hardened cop with badass alien loli got me interested so far.
Jul 16, 2019 2:51 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty alright so far. I like the dynamic between the main duo and I´m a fan of both hard-boiled detective and fighting loli archetypes. Range Murata makes great designs. It's only a little creepy, cause I know what Murata is into... The thing with the "look at our beautiful setting" PV at the beginning of each episode gives me vietnam flashbacks to wasted minutes at the beginning of every One Piece episode, so I hope they cut that out sooner rather than later. Especially if this show goes for longer than 12 episodes. The OP is what got me interested in the show in the first place. It looked stylish and vibrant, but still familiar enough to not look like a gamble with my momentarily rather limited free time. Not sure what the hell I´m saying right now, tbh.
Animation looks nice and all, but I feel like some shots are a bit weird. Maybe the director is having an experimental phase. I read that it's the same guy who did the clonky CGI Berserk, so lets hope that it's not just him fucking up again.
Cant give an opinion on the OST so far, since it hasnt really stuck with me. Couldn't even tell you what genre it is. I feel like it must be something with a jazzy vibe that you'd expect from a detective series like this, but it could have as well been dubstep. I don't know, so it must be a pretty forgettable score.

Not sure what to make of the social commentary on racism all the time, especially with flat lines like "Hey! That's racist!". I too live in a melting pot kind of city and I don´t really appreciate it when shows and movies act as if the problems that are particular to such places are just found in the criminal underbelly of society.
Since the writer seems to have chosen to cover this topic, I´ll wait to see if this show preaches in one direction like real life politics or if it actually paints a nuanced picture of a city like that.

So yeah. An overall nice looking show with a few rough edges here and there and a potential to fuck up big time, but still appealing enough to give it a fair shot at glory. The novel it's based on was very well-received as well
It's okay to smirk

Jul 16, 2019 6:05 PM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
OP is catchy, fights looked good and, were bloody so everything I want in a show. Another show that's come out I have high hopes for
Jul 16, 2019 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
The Wolf Among Us vibes are real. Reminds me so damn much of that game. Kei Madoba = Bigby Wolf. It's also like Zootopia lol but darker lol.

Good first episode. Since it's similar to The Wolf Among Us, the lore is interesting, the action is gritty, and the tone is effective + consistent. I'm interested in what's next.

Would love a dub. It would work great with this show.
removed-userJul 16, 2019 7:31 PM
Jul 17, 2019 8:14 AM
Jan 2018
cant put my finger on it but o'neil ( the informant with the hat and glasses) looks like someone so far he reminds me of mahershala ali for some reason
Jul 18, 2019 1:55 PM

Mar 2015
HungryForQuality said:
The Wolf Among Us vibes are real. Reminds me so damn much of that game. Kei Madoba = Bigby Wolf. It's also like Zootopia lol but darker lol.

Sadly, we'll prolly never see the second part. I liked it more, than Walking Dead.
Jul 18, 2019 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
Tlahuizcapante said:
HungryForQuality said:

Sadly, we'll prolly never see the second part. I liked it more, than Walking Dead.

Not sure if I liked it more than the first season of Walking Dead but it really was a fantastic mystery. Both games excelled in different areas.
Jul 19, 2019 7:06 AM

Jun 2019
I'm feeling so excited, I'm in love!!! Ahhh!!!
Jul 19, 2019 10:55 PM
Mar 2012
Lots of interesting fun details like 51in TV, elevator scene, & mask wearing at home. Kei likes cat but he allergic?
Lol What's a Mexican? Dont touch this!
Priest best boi. So far witty dialogue at 10/10.
Good dynamic action, but a bit lacking frames in op. Gritty atmosphere is nice.
Jul 22, 2019 2:41 AM
Jul 2019
I hope you all are 20+ cause you must be for shows like this.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2019

109 by Dawizz »»
Jan 9, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

75 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

55 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

50 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 19, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2019

73 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 18, 2023 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.