Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Vinland Saga Episode 3 Discussion

Jul 27, 8:24 AM
Everyone join this Vinland Saga Amino to discuss events that occur in the anime or manga! http://aminoapps.com/c/Vinland

Jul 27, 5:16 PM

So how many more years before episode 4 drops?
Nothing triggers a Rem fan like explaining how Emilia is better in every way

Jul 27, 9:33 PM

DarkSyndicate said:
So how many more years before episode 4 drops?

It will be out 28 July (tonight) 24:10 Japan time in tokyo, I live in Kansai so its 24:45 here in my place.

Jul 28, 10:45 AM

ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Jul 28, 2:08 PM

Thors is such a fucking badass lmaoooo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Jul 30, 8:33 AM

This is pretty interesting. I guess the adventure starts with this episode

Aug 1, 1:24 PM

Thors better not die just because he became a pacifist and won't kill anyone anymore.

Aug 2, 4:15 PM

Not bad this time, although it's wonder they all survived when those logs and stones dropped down on them.

And I see, the stakes are really high now. Thorfinn is the same brat as ever though, he really deserved that beating.

Aug 5, 11:12 AM
Review Moderator
Lollipop Life

Really love the music when Thorfinn saw the ocean for the first time. Already expected that Thor was gonna ditch the rest since he has such a big heart, though it was still nice to that happen either way. I love how Askeladd, despite his carefree demeanor, feels much more threatening than Floki as a character.

Aug 5, 1:53 PM
New Guy
Thor’s is strong as hell and I like how is refraining from drawing his sword or killing the pirates. This episode really is setting for things to pop off in episode 4

Aug 6, 1:34 PM

Thors is trying really hard to avoid war casualties by going bare hands.

Aug 7, 2:37 AM
I loved it! Honestly, this is such a great series so far.

And for everyone deciding to compare it to Attack on Titan, don't. The only thing they have in common is that they were made by the same studio. If all people are going to do is keep bringing up two different anime to trash one and hoist the other on a pedestal, don't fucking talk about them. AOT is a fantasy show, Vinland Saga is historical. Apples to oranges, guys. Vinland Saga - speaking in terms of anime, since I know the manga has been around for way longer - still has a chance of being a blockbuster like Attack on Titan has been since 2013. It's okay.

Aug 9, 9:00 PM
Esquirtit said:
Everyone around Thorfin glorifies war, even their religion dictates to do so. At first it maybe looked like boys being youthful, but they're completely indoctrinated, both males and females share these brutal beliefs.

Yeah, from what I know about Icelandic history (I've read some of the Eddas too), you couldn't just start your own peaceful village. While people lived a long distance from each other, they relied on yearly gatherings called literally 'The Thing.' At these meetings they'd make betrothals, trade things, have war councils, cement clan bonds. Who you were related to through marriage or blood was very important, which meant you often got drawn into other people's blood feuds. It would be very odd for a powerful, free man like Thors to be unwilling to participate in raiding parties or kill anyone. You definitely wouldn't want your son growing up afraid to fight, because it was necessary to be a decent warrior to become anyone of note, or even get married.
But I love this show.

Aug 10, 1:51 PM

Lysmerry said:
Yeah, from what I know about Icelandic history (I've read some of the Eddas too), you couldn't just start your own peaceful village. While people lived a long distance from each other, they relied on yearly gatherings called literally 'The Thing.' At these meetings they'd make betrothals, trade things, have war councils, cement clan bonds. Who you were related to through marriage or blood was very important, which meant you often got drawn into other people's blood feuds. It would be very odd for a powerful, free man like Thors to be unwilling to participate in raiding parties or kill anyone. You definitely wouldn't want your son growing up afraid to fight, because it was necessary to be a decent warrior to become anyone of note, or even get married.
But I love this show.

Cool to know, thanks for sharing. I'm sure we'll see more of these things incorporated into the story. Thors was an odd one yeah, but the story points it out and how he came to be is well explained. It's maybe unrealistic but I like how it's played out like he's a war veteran who gained a new sense of morals and stuff. It'll serve as a good backbone for Thorfinns future development

I love this show too and I'll wait for it to finish airing to binge it in a few days

Aug 19, 11:18 PM

The comedy with those villagers sure feels odd when you know it's clear as water that most of them will suffer an horrible (or honorable?) death in the end.

Anyways, this was another solid episode. The pacing seems nice and honestly, the more characterization Thors receives, the better. He's such an interesting character and now, I can't wait to see how this confrontation will conclude. Though I already have an idea about how it will be...

Aug 21, 2:42 AM

Ylva turns down the males!!! She is my waifu =) She is a lesbian and will become a Shield Maiden!! She like girls ,,,YES!!!! You go girl i will cheer for you!! You go to war with your sisters and rage hell on England,,Take some slaves and plunder .I really wanna see some Shield Maidens in upcoming episodes!!!!!! Show the world the power of females Vikings!!!

Really like that episode they are Vikings and should invade England, Like they always do when they are bored!!

Modified by Yuri-Crusader, Aug 21, 3:07 AM
Love is too beautiful to be hidden in a closet!

Aug 31, 6:19 PM

Production I.G is pacing the episodes perfectly. I'm impressed. Haven't read the manga but this seems like a serviceable alternative.

Oct 1, 1:23 PM

god Thors is is gonna die isn't he... it's Ned Stark all over again. Why do all the good fathers have to die man... fuck

Oct 1, 3:33 PM
LeMasta said:
god Thors is is gonna die isn't he... it's Ned Stark all over again. Why do all the good fathers have to die man... fuck

To me, a lot of this story reminds me of early GOT. Not identical plot, but some intriguing maneuvering.

Oct 30, 10:41 PM

I'm guessing in the next episode is when Thorfinn would turn into Eren, a vengeful and edgy kid. Anyway at least now I know why Thors quit the army.

Nov 18, 12:14 PM

A veteran giving a lesson, I like that, but at the same time, I don't feel it's going to be safe for anyone, thanks to some scenes from the opening theme song. That batt spanking was on point, glad to see the budget put in the right place.

Dec 2, 3:42 PM

The pacing is so good, likeable characters even side characters and the animation is really good.

That cliffhanger lol. Fortunately, i'm going to watch the next episode tomorrow.
Life has no meaning.

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

Preview MangaManga Store