Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Teasing Master Takagi-san
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 7, 2019 7:53 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just now aired in Japan.
The new OP is cute as heck. OP of the season for me without a doubt.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jul 7, 2019 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
The show is back and off to a fun start! The new OP song also contains a healthy dose of comedy content scenes.

From this first episode, we got teasing again in the classroom. Nishikata's confidence to hypnotize Takagi is priceless. Did he honestly think it can work?! Nishikata also shows that he's very ticklish. Silly boy.

Oh nice, to see the characters back from Ashita wa Doyoubi too.
Jul 7, 2019 7:59 AM

Jun 2016
Hey does anyone know what's up with the streaming of this show?

According to Livechart.me there is no official streamer world wide
And none of the platforms in my country do currently have it listed.

Do the ones of you from NA have streaming or is this some sort of weird TV Only exclusive?
baahh.
Jul 7, 2019 8:06 AM

Jul 2017
@Kuhler - I have no doubt that some company will stream it. FUNimation has the rights to the series, and Crunchyroll may stream it too. They like to do same-day announcements so I'm not worried.
Not sure about other countries though.

I'm still waiting on the raws anyway.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jul 7, 2019 8:32 AM

May 2016
I REALLY hope Funi or Crunchy announce it soon. Appearantly this show is airing on Netflix in Japan, so hopefully it won't share the fate of Saiki. I will take some delays like with Index III or Tourabu Hanamaru 2 over not getting official subs for like half a year.
Jul 7, 2019 8:56 AM
Oct 2017
I need the subbed version! I've been rewatching the first season and of course, reading the (Moto) manga. Really excited!
Jul 7, 2019 9:37 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Luchael said:
I REALLY hope Funi or Crunchy announce it soon. Appearantly this show is airing on Netflix in Japan, so hopefully it won't share the fate of Saiki. I will take some delays like with Index III or Tourabu Hanamaru 2 over not getting official subs for like half a year.

Exactly this.
It’s a torture waiting for episodes of such highly-anticipated shows!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 7, 2019 9:47 AM

Apr 2018
DAMMIT! HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR HORRIBLESUBS TO RELEASE THIS?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Jul 7, 2019 10:11 AM

Oct 2010
this is the #1 most anticipated anime on several Japanese polls. how has no one licensed this yet?!
Jul 7, 2019 10:15 AM
Apr 2017
Also Animax Asia refused to air Karakai Jozu no Takagi San S2 Same Day as Japan.
Jul 7, 2019 10:32 AM

Jul 2017
otakode said:

Apparently it's NOT at HorribleSubs either.
KANLen09Jul 7, 2019 10:46 AM
Jul 7, 2019 10:37 AM

Jul 2017
The raws are out if anyone is curious.

@KANLen09 - I suggest removing your link or else the MAL mods will take care of that for you. Thanks for mentioning it though.

I watched the episode and while I didn't understand some of it, I got the gist.
Great first episode from what I can tell.

- Me

Jul 7, 2019 10:45 AM

Sep 2017
Great episode. They took the song from One Week Friends as the ED. I wonder why?
Jul 7, 2019 11:27 AM
Oct 2018
CHC said:
Great episode. They took the song from One Week Friends as the ED. I wonder why?

The ED is actually a very popular J-Pop song in Japan. It's called Kanade and first sung and produced by Sukima Switch. It was also used as the ED of One Week Friends but it's sung by Sora Amamiya, not the original act (Sukima Switch). Let's not forget that this 2nd season will have more than one ED songs just like the first season and the songs are gonna be Rie Takahashi's cover of some popular J-Pop songs.
KPrat88Jul 7, 2019 11:32 AM
Jul 7, 2019 11:33 AM

Sep 2017
KPrat88 said:
CHC said:

The ED is actually a very popular J-Pop song in Japan. It's called Kanade and first sung and produced by Sukima Switch. It was also used as the ED of One Week Friends but it's sung by Sora Amamiya, not the original act (Sukima Switch). Let's not forget that this 2nd season will have more than one ED songs just like the first season and the songs are gonna be Rie Takahashi's cover of some popular J-Pop songs.

I see. Thanks for the info. I totally forgot how they arranged the EDs last season.
Jul 7, 2019 11:51 AM

Apr 2018
And yet people say I shouldn't learn Japanese... dammit! I envy you Jap speakers!
Jul 7, 2019 11:54 AM

Apr 2018
KANLen09 said:
otakode said:

I'm literally searching through every corner of the internet and there isn't even a fansub at least. WTF man?! I thought this was one of the most hyped anime this season!
Jul 7, 2019 11:55 AM

Mar 2009
This is Netflix exclusive? Season 1 wasn't Netflix exclusive. What gives?

Damn shame.
Jul 7, 2019 12:03 PM

Jul 2017
otakode said:
KANLen09 said:

I'm literally searching through every corner of the internet and there isn't even a fansub at least. WTF man?! I thought this was one of the most hyped anime this season!

There's been nothing as of yet.
If I find anything, I'll mention it here.

- Me

Jul 7, 2019 12:45 PM
Mar 2019
where are you guys watching it?
Jul 7, 2019 1:18 PM
Sep 2018
I´ve been searching whole day yet i cant find the fricking episode. Anyone found it yet?
Jul 7, 2019 2:09 PM
May 2017
I wrote a quick fansub for the first episode if you guys would like to use it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hdpTB4S44tLTavNI5WRmyqJ--GO2z1ab

Timing may differ based on the file rip that you use, but that should be an easy adjustment. Probably won't do this for every episode, but we'll see.
Jul 7, 2019 2:13 PM

May 2011
I really liked the Textbook chapter, so I'm glad they adapted it. I'm curious how the official translations will handle them, since they relied heavily on Japanese to make the phrases work.
Jul 7, 2019 2:14 PM

Jul 2017
@randompecans - You are a savior.

I probably won't use it because I'm not going to bother with timing, but I definitely appreciate the effort you put into this. I have no doubt that others will find joy in this.
Start posting around other anime sites, I'm sure there're a lot of people who would want this.
EDIT: I take back the timing thing, it was surprisingly easy. You did a really good job! Rock on!

@LEGOF - Official translations? Pfft. Of course those don't exist...
cries in weeb tears
zamandzoeJul 7, 2019 2:36 PM

- Me

Jul 7, 2019 2:56 PM

Aug 2017
otakode said:
KANLen09 said:

Horriblesubs did the first season so I hope they do this one too
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2019 3:45 PM

May 2015
I watched without subs and I understood 85% of it... I should start studying Japanese for real...

Takagi-san was super cute and Nishikata was great with all his plans!
The trio is as funny as ever, but now I want Ao-chan's character!!

I didn't expect "Kanade"! It throw me back to 2014 and my first time listening to Sora-chan's voice! Now I have to listen to the original song...

☆ No megane, no laifu, dayo! ☆
Jul 7, 2019 3:46 PM
Aug 2015
A-K-A said:
otakode said:

Horriblesubs did the first season so I hope they do this one too

HorribleSubs doesn't make fansubs, they just rip official stuff. Season 1 was simulcast with official subs on Crunchyroll, so HS ripped that, but from what I'm hearing, season 2 is licensed by Netflix and they won't release anything until the entire season is finished. Then you'll probably get HorribleSubs.
Jul 7, 2019 4:15 PM

Apr 2018
Mormegil said:
This is Netflix exclusive? Season 1 wasn't Netflix exclusive. What gives?

Damn shame.

If i'm not wrong, the subbed version is a netflix exclusive, but it's not gonna be released till 3 months from now. Meaning the only way we'll be watching this is either learning Japanese or hoping a fansubber could be kind enough to deliver. Or, of course, waiting the 3 months...
Jul 7, 2019 4:16 PM

Apr 2018
nearforce said:
where are you guys watching it?

Some people here know Japanese and they are watching it without subs.
Jul 7, 2019 5:52 PM
Apr 2018
I just watched the Japanese version on Youtube. It is already uploaded on there. I could understand about a third of what they said. Luckily, most of the Japanese was pretty basic. Pretty good episode and continues well on the previous season. I like how a lot more detail has been added to the surroundings, or at least, it seems like it. Hopefully a subbed version is released soon, so I could then understand the more subtile jokes. Pretty ridiculous no service has properly picked up this great series.
Jul 7, 2019 6:33 PM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
The opening and Takagi were extremely cute. The voice acting is really good like last season. The river scene was definitely the highlight of the episode. 7/10
Jul 7, 2019 6:54 PM

Nov 2018
Hikki77 said:
Also Animax Asia refused to air Karakai Jozu no Takagi San S2 Same Day as Japan.

In animax only isekai cheat magician and sacred beasts can released same day as Japan but takagi San S2 did not released it unless they will released it either December or next year
Jul 7, 2019 7:10 PM

Dec 2018
Netflix can eat my butt.
Jul 7, 2019 7:22 PM

Mar 2016
La besto frentona está de vuelta, y con ella el trolleo al pobre de Nishikata, los próximos domingos serán divertidos.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 7, 2019 8:04 PM

Feb 2018
As per my expectations this is very good ... thank you for bringing Takagi back.
Jul 7, 2019 8:26 PM
Jul 2012
After the first season ended I read all the manga chapters I could find scanlated but I don't really remember reading the stories animated on this episode. Are they originals?
Jul 7, 2019 9:14 PM

Dec 2012
Again superb work. A great story. Great Characters. Beautiful animation, does just enough and does it super well.

Way up at the top of the all time list so far. and i expect more. and people please be respectful and doing spoil people with details of the episode that is not nice. or needed. If you say you saw it good for you, we believe you.

i did, and i am keeping quiet until it can be seen widely. that is the right way to do it.

Jul 7, 2019 9:52 PM
Mar 2017
This anime is going to kill me with diabetes, I missed Takagi-chan very much and this season promises many jokes to poor Nishikata.
I missed too much to see Takagi smile and laugh at how Nishikata was embarrassed or frustrated.

The part where Nishikata tries to hypnotize Takagi was so funny, she always finds a way to give him hope and then make fun of him, it was fun to hear how the background music gave it a mystical air while we saw that Takagi was hypnotized with "success" .

It's good to see Sanae, Yukari and Mina and their fun conversations, sleepy Mina is so adorable.

The best part of this episode was in which Nishikata and Takagi went to the river to jump stones, I love when we see the close camera angles of Takagi's face while she is watching Nishikata with her face of "you fell in my trap".
But the part that was too beautiful was when Nishikata pushes Takagi unintentionally and he saves her and Nishikata ends up falling into the water, Takagi's face was too adorable while she watched as Nishikata took her hand so she would not fall into the river.

In general, this anime continues to have the same quality as the first season, something that makes me very happy.
As for the voice acting I have nothing to add, it is still of excellent quality and Rie Takahashi continues to make one feel fond of Takagi.
The OP is so sweet and lovely, the part in which both are dancing together moved me a lot and then we see them doing cosplay with various outfits, my favorites was where Takagi is dressed as Alice and Nishikata as the hare.
The ED also turned out to be just as sweet as the OP and very relaxing.

In short, it will be a pleasure to see these two again in their fun adventures and to hear again the adorable laughter of Takagi will be a great help to start the week.
Jul 7, 2019 11:02 PM
Mar 2015
As usual Takajo outsmarts Nihshikata getting to sit by, pass notes to her and in the end he had to admit that he held hands with her. The girl barking from being hypnotized was funny
Jul 7, 2019 11:11 PM

Jun 2017
Apart from everything else, the background music throughout the episode is excellent.

Jul 7, 2019 11:59 PM

Apr 2019
I think the new season will have some of the "more romantic" chapters from the manga.
Hyped.
Nishikata still confused about his feelings and Takagi won't show her's directly.
Jul 8, 2019 12:20 AM
Jun 2016
i still haven't found it tried two different torrent site's

looked on animelab/crunchyroll nothing
Jul 8, 2019 12:37 AM

Dec 2018
LEGOF said:
I really liked the Textbook chapter, so I'm glad they adapted it. I'm curious how the official translations will handle them, since they relied heavily on Japanese to make the phrases work.

LegoF fansub all of Takagi-san s2 when?

Hahah but really, its too bad I can't speak japanese and watch unsubbed, watching your vids got me hyped up about season 2 :(
Jul 8, 2019 1:15 AM

Mar 2019
Hibino, Mina is back!...

#TeamMina
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 8, 2019 1:40 AM

Jul 2014
Oh no! How dare MAL list a show here when there are no official means to stream it! They're promoting piracy! Oh wait, that's stupid.
Jul 8, 2019 4:24 AM
Jan 2019
I'm blessed with Rie Takahashi's Kanade.

Goddamit Netfilx, forcing me to pirate lmao.
Jul 8, 2019 5:26 AM
Feb 2019
This anime is not worldwide, right?
So, when am I going to have the chance to see this anime? I was so hyped for this.
Jul 8, 2019 5:30 AM

Oct 2013
when listening to each separately Id say I prefer Amamiya Sora singing the ED but them singing together next to each other so to say sounds surprisingly nice

them holding hands was pretty nice and would agree best part but liked the hypnosis part the most in terms of comedy
them sharing the text book and passing notes though feels so heart warming
Jul 8, 2019 5:45 AM

Jul 2017
We're back for more teasing! Certainty delightful to watch Takagi tease favourite boy Nishikata again.

More of the same feelings and emotions from Season 1 dives right back here with new visuals that are closely reminiscent of that!

Sadly, fansubs are our only rescuers now since this show has no licensors.
Jul 8, 2019 6:29 AM

Jul 2017
I come bringing good news for all.

This completely innocent Reddit post that definitely doesn't violate MAL's policy has what you're looking for:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Takagi_san/comments/cafhp0/season_2_episode_1_with_improved_subs_1080p/
(click on the 2nd link in the post)

It uses the subtitles created by @randompecans
(albeit modified slightly)
Thanks to all who were involved! Takagi-san has survived another day!

Also, I've saw in another Reddit post that there will be another subbed version (by a different user/group) with improvements such as subtitles for OP/ED is on it's away, but this may take awhile.
EDIT: The episode is also available on your local non-legal anime streaming sites.
zamandzoeJul 8, 2019 6:35 AM

- Me

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2019

196 by _untitled »»
Mar 24, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zamandzoe - Sep 15, 2019

131 by _untitled »»
Mar 23, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2019

77 by _untitled »»
Mar 22, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zamandzoe - Sep 1, 2019

70 by _untitled »»
Mar 21, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2019

49 by _untitled »»
Mar 20, 3:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.