Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 6, 2019 3:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ajeel is still relevant this arc? Lol, at least he took a beating.

Meanwhile, there's August and he's on another level with his powers. I have to admit, August has a rather creative way to fight and use his magic. It's like he even uses the environment to his advantage on the battlefield.

About time Cana also getting more screentime again this arc.
Jul 6, 2019 3:54 PM
Dec 2011
Yeah!!!!! A new op and ed!!!!! As awesome as ever!!!!!! Looking forward to the next episode!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Jul 6, 2019 4:32 PM

Nov 2018
Damn, that OP made me sad as shit, it really feels like the last one. Hope not cause the sequel far better in quality. Great episode, I’ll be the first to admit Alvarez’s lowest points are still coming but the anime version with the godly osts made it a lot better. Erza vs Irene went from one of my most disliked Erza fights to one of the best of the season, that’s what I mean.
Jul 6, 2019 4:42 PM

Mar 2014

Okay episode but Im very disappointed on how badly Fairy Tail wasted Brandish's ablities, she had one of the strongest magic abilty but it all went for nothing.

Oh boy Gray gonna sacrificed himself and die... in before another fake out death, because "Almost nobody really dies in Fairy Tail".
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 6, 2019 4:51 PM

Nov 2016
So these are probably the final theme songs for the main series. I quite like them, but favorite openings are still 16, 20 and 1.

God know's why I'm enjoying this so much, but the merits of an anime adaptation are really shining. Gildarts and Gray got me so pumped.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 6, 2019 5:23 PM

Apr 2014
this ep was ok but on another note it was weird how it seems they took short cuts with this ep like how the background characters wasn't even fully drawn in thinking this is the first time it has happened never seen it happen with any of the other seasons till now

also my god is gray a boring character it just feels like he's always trying to do that same stupid move trying to kill himself smh thankfully looks like natsu will finally be in action come next ep and i'm looking forward it

also good to have a new op/ed much better than the last ones imo
"one step at a time"
Jul 6, 2019 8:05 PM

Oct 2015
Gildarts versus August is my highlight and I hope it won't disappoint! I don't have high expectations for the Gray versus Zeref.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 6, 2019 8:09 PM

Dec 2018
Yay...a new op and ed. I kinda wish that Gray would actually die (even though I love his character) using Ice Shell, it could give Natsu and the other main characters some development by having them be guilty for their friend's death...but, nobody dies in Fairy Tail. This episode felt really short to me, for some reason.
Jul 6, 2019 9:36 PM

Mar 2018
So 2 of the Spriggan twelve got beated in less than ten seconds with one hit... They were really struggling before but in this ep Fucking Elfman and Lisanna one shotted the sand guy... U gotta love Fairy Tail...
Jul 6, 2019 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
COOKIECAT360 said:
Yay...a new op and ed. I kinda wish that Gray would actually die (even though I love his character) using Ice Shell, it could give Natsu and the other main characters some development by having them be guilty for their friend's death...but, nobody dies in Fairy Tail. This episode felt really short to me, for some reason.

Rob,(Was a FT member) ,Simon,Lahar,Igneel died permanent
Historia Simon doesn't count
Jul 6, 2019 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
HueyLion said:

Okay episode but Im very disappointed on how badly Fairy Tail wasted Brandish's ablities, she had one of the strongest magic abilty but it all went for nothing.

Oh boy Gray gonna sacrificed himself and die... in before another fake out death, because "Almost nobody really dies in Fairy Tail".

Not true
as I said above
Rob,(Was a FT member) ,Simon,Lahar,Igneel All those died permanent
Jul 6, 2019 9:51 PM
Jul 2018
Besides at least they put some animation in Gildarts vs August be grateful
Jul 6, 2019 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
Also compared to the manga they added some scenes between Mirajane and Jacob
And added punches in Ajeel fight manga had none of that at all
Jul 6, 2019 9:54 PM
Jul 2018
KingLeonard23 said:
So 2 of the Spriggan twelve got beated in less than ten seconds with one hit... They were really struggling before but in this ep Fucking Elfman and Lisanna one shotted the sand guy... U gotta love Fairy Tail...

Ha nope! the manga was worse
They added some scenes in Mira and Jacob
and the punch in Ajeel fight wasn't in the manga at ALL
Jul 6, 2019 10:39 PM

Feb 2014
The new OP is cool with BiSh taking it up the notch and all but it spoils too much.

AmeliaNeston2003 said:
KingLeonard23 said:

Ha nope! the manga was worse
They added some scenes in Mira and Jacob
and the punch in Ajeel fight wasn't in the manga at ALL

Manga wasn't worse. It had the best cliffhangers every chapter end while the series does it bland. It's good that they added some scenes but it still lacks the actions and emotions bought by the manga.
dasprnJul 6, 2019 10:45 PM
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 7, 2019 12:10 AM

Oct 2015
Another episode that's full of silhouettes.
Good thing August mentioned that he is the last one, I forgot again how many of them were there.
Jul 7, 2019 2:23 AM

May 2015
Jesus, just how many times Grey was trying to use IS? I lost count. This spell is a joke.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 7, 2019 2:33 AM

Dec 2016
xfinityretaile1 said:
Damn, that OP made me sad as shit, it really feels like the last one. Hope not cause the sequel far better in quality. Great episode, I’ll be the first to admit Alvarez’s lowest points are still coming but the anime version with the godly osts made it a lot better. Erza vs Irene went from one of my most disliked Erza fights to one of the best of the season, that’s what I mean.

For me Erza vs Irene is the best fight this season and the best Erza fight in FT
It's full of greatness , osts , animation and epic ending for the fight
Jul 7, 2019 3:56 AM
May 2018
FrozenRaider said:
Jesus, just how many times Grey was trying to use IS? I lost count. This spell is a joke.

that spell ain't no joke. It did kill Deliora. It's just Natsu always stops him from using it.
Jul 7, 2019 4:03 AM

Mar 2018
So this is the last OP of FT, huh? Hundred times better than previous cringey 'No-Limit' but I was expecting a remix of 'Snow Fairy'.

Jul 7, 2019 4:21 AM

Jan 2017
Well, hopefully the fights get better here on out, but I dont know what to say about the new OP and ED... guess I'll have to listen to it again.

Irene's magic should've been permanent and the twelve should not have been made that overpowered if they were just going to give up due to random circumstances.
Jul 7, 2019 5:07 AM

Aug 2013
So Gray decided to sacrifice himself in using Ice Shell, though it kinda predictable that Natsu will stop him.

I want to see more of Gildart vs August.

Jul 7, 2019 6:02 AM

Apr 2013
It really annoys me how much they punch and kick each other in this season, they are supposed to be mages goddamnit...
Jul 7, 2019 6:04 AM

Feb 2013
Gray is trying the same thing again.
Jul 7, 2019 7:36 AM

Mar 2013
What happened? They butchered maryjane, why transform just to throw a Punch? Where is the Magic? Why are you fighting with your fists?
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jul 7, 2019 7:56 AM
Dec 2011
The 4th ending reminds me of the 1st op for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Anyone else feel the same way?
Jul 7, 2019 8:33 AM

Jul 2013
The way Ajeel and Jacob were defeated was a complete joke. You expect me that two of the strongest enemies of Fairy Tail would get defeated in such underwhelming ways? Ajeel was especially bad, being defeated by Lisanna, fucking Lisanna, of all people. Pathetic.

August vs Gildarts actually looked decently animated. Not bad after such streak of static fights.
I swear Gray's single purpose in the series is to try to commit suicide with the Iced Shell anytime he has the chance to use it. This dude cannot catch a break.

New opening is better than last one, but still not one of the bests of the series, sadly. The ending was mediocre, though. Being potentially the last ending theme of the series, I expected something like the 10th one. Instead I got... something very forgettable.
IllyricusJul 7, 2019 10:38 AM
Jul 7, 2019 8:58 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I like the new OP and ED and its about time Cana gets some more screen time. Having Gray sacrifice himself for the second time does not bring anything new to the table because we been down this road before.
Jul 7, 2019 10:15 AM

Mar 2017
This weeks episode was really good which i'm glad about because the last few eps have not been so great! Also i'm glad that they're finally getting down to the nitty gritty with Gray making it to Zeref.

Jul 7, 2019 12:31 PM

Oct 2016
When I see Fairy Tail every Sunday, 20 minutes always seem to little to be with my guild T__T

Please, Gray, forget about Iced Shell. Natsu once told you "You don't die for your friends, you live for them". Please, remember that.

Also, Zeref, grow up a little. Not caring for your life nor your brother's anymore is just plain immature. Immortality is not that bad, unless you follow abrahamic religions.
Jul 7, 2019 12:34 PM

Oct 2017
Well Magnolia is back to how it was and Gildarts vs August fight is intense, wonder how this fight will go. Gray's plan was to sacrifice himself and seal zeref but im sure smthng will go wrong.
Jul 8, 2019 6:49 AM

Sep 2018
I miss the last ED already. Yeah thats all.
Jul 8, 2019 6:58 AM

Jan 2009
this final OP is not as catchy as the previous songs but the visual content of it are awesome im thinking ye we are in the endgame now

Jul 8, 2019 10:12 AM

Feb 2017
the beginning of redemption in production quality ???
i remember how boring and bad the production quality and directing some episodes ago.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jul 8, 2019 11:19 AM
Mar 2018
Fantastic Episode! We are in the endgame!
Jul 8, 2019 10:06 PM
Mar 2015
Gray uses a suicide spell to take out Zeref
Jul 9, 2019 6:49 AM
Nov 2018
It was a great episode to start the final batch of episodes of this season.
Jul 10, 2019 4:59 AM

Mar 2011
Ah it's time for yet another great FT trope. 'Oh damn we made the enemy too OP. Now lets' pretend they were never OP and have them beaten in a single hit.'
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jul 11, 2019 12:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
TehWhiteTiger said:
Ah it's time for yet another great FT trope. 'Oh damn we made the enemy too OP. Now lets' pretend they were never OP and have them beaten in a single hit.'

Exactly this, it was comical how Ajeel and Hitman were beaten so easily like that. One strike is all it took for the Hitman to go down and ‘family matters’ for Ajeel, this is downright ridiculous!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 29, 2019 6:06 PM

Sep 2017
Second verse same as the first. Would be a cool Grey moment if I even had a little of a 1% belief that Grey would go through with this spell.
Jul 29, 2019 7:34 PM

Jun 2009
When did this anime become so bad? Why are OP enemies randomly killing themselves off...I don't know if I can take anymore. This is actually not a good anime anymore. Story is ATROCIOUS. Seasons 1 and 2 were much better.
Aug 1, 2019 2:21 AM

Dec 2013
The final opening and despite the problems with this series it makes me sad knowing this will probably be the final opening.

Ajeel and Jacob was both pathetic in this episode.

Gildarts vs August was at least cool.

Another Iced Shell fake out lol
Sep 13, 2019 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
Aside from the omega cringe opening minutes with the British Hitman and Darude - Sandstorm -- the "watch this OP enemy drop in one hit while I took a thrashing for a solid 3 hours" meme is one of FT's most obnoxious quirks -- this was a damn good episode. Gildarts vs August (or what we got of it) was badass, and Gray... Gray, my nigga. Every time I see you I grow increasingly convinced you're the only character in this series that has a meaningful character arc.

I will say that I don't want to see Gray go, but this would be a truly powerful conclusion to his character and I would forgive SOME of Fairy Tail's massive narrative shortcomings if it followed through with this.

Further I'll note that the concept of being "erased from existence" -- including all traces of yourself from memory and the world -- instead of merely dying is a bizzare yet fascinating concept piece I would like to see explored a bit more.

Also what the fuck happened to that Mommy Mavis reveal? Wasn't she supposed to be the only one who could stop Larcade or some shit? Are we even going anywhere with that?
ZadionSep 13, 2019 5:53 PM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 22, 2019 9:45 PM

May 2014
Gildarts vs. August looked epic. Interesting to see how she will assist Gildarts in that fight. I hope we get an explanation why Mavis body have stored so much magical power it makes it possible to defeat Achnologia. Apropos Achnologia, next time he will appear.

The Ice Shell technique joke have got a bit old. By seeing a person trying to use the same spell for the third time and getting stopped by the same person each time, then you know the author is tired of writing this manga and only want it to end.

PS! The new opening was better the previous one. I liked that they included the fairy which was in the first one too (though the first opening is without any doubt the best one). This may mean it will be the last opening, which is a bit sad. The ending was pretty nice to, though the previous one was better.
mangalicker94Sep 22, 2019 9:49 PM
Oct 7, 2019 11:08 PM

Dec 2012
Laxus carrying Makarov.
Mira won.
Yajeel.
Dimaria scared of Natsu.
Brandish left.
August.
Gildarts.
Gray appears before Zeref.
August vs Gildarts.
Cana appears.
Iced Shell?
Dat ending.

New OP and ED are good. Was expecting the final OP to be better since it is the last, but it has the feeling that its ending. The ED song sounds like Yui's Again in the beginning.

2 chapters. Nothing was hidden, but they added to the Mira and Jacob fight and Elfman/Lisanna and Ajeel fight.
RobOct 7, 2019 11:37 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 19, 2019 1:51 PM

Sep 2012
its funny how almighty zeref crumbles in fear just cause of gray's
Jul 17, 2020 4:49 AM

Jul 2015
So August is the last one standing, overall pretty disappointed with the Spriggan 12 fights of which some were a complete joke
Kind of predictable what is going to happen with Gray using Iced shell and Natsu stopping him, I hope I'm wrong on this

Sep 4, 2020 1:18 PM

May 2018
Lol Fairy Tail and the Twelve are now becoming best buddies xD

I wonder if Gray is actually going to use Iced Shell this time :O
Apr 10, 2021 2:09 PM

Apr 2018
lihle808 said:
Gildarts versus August is my highlight and I hope it won't disappoint! I don't have high expectations for the Gray versus Zeref.

Same here! I hope it'll be challenging
Mar 13, 2022 5:50 AM
Sep 2020
5/5 cmon now what the hell is fairy heart ,give me answers please😂,good episode,there is obviously a 3rd potion for sure
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What is the reason for so much hatred for fairy tail series ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 29

46 by Arminken »»
Today, 12:30 AM

» Any theories ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 3

16 by MiraStraussFan99 »»
Mar 10, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

202 by amlg »»
Jan 25, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

60 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

38 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.