Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
#1
Jul 6, 9:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 3767
 
#2
Jul 6, 9:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 31
ED gave me shivers. I love Aimer so much.
 
#3
Jul 6, 9:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 2485
Op visuals are stunning but the music great but those are some really final edgy moments. Still a really good song to get yourself in the Vinland Saga mood though with the heavy singing so certainly good enough for me!

ED, on the other hand, is absolutely stunning - both in terms of visuals and music! Aimer is freakin’ amazing and we get a handful of that in this ED! It’s going to be a blast listening to this for a cour (and hopefully more, actually) at the very least!
Modified by _MushiRock11_, Jul 6, 10:45 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni


 
#4
Jul 6, 9:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 6004
Very odd opening song for such a series(first few seconds and visuals are decent), ending theme is pretty great though.
 
#5
Jul 6, 11:53 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 124
Bith are top notch. The song is perfect for a series like this and the ending...well it's sad af when hes holding the torch :(
 
#6
Jul 6, 7:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 49
Awful song choice for the OP, but that ED is real good. Really wish they had done something different for the OP that goes with the setting, something with some traditional folk elements worked into a rock/metal song would've made a lot more sense than this really generic choice that feels like it could be slotted into just about any other action heavy anime.
Modified by KamikazeKeeg, Jul 6, 10:41 PM
 
#7
Jul 6, 7:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 87
I can already tell that ED's gonna be on the top charts soon.
 
#8
Jul 7, 5:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 200
I don't mind the OP. It might give the wrong impression of the story considering where it eventually ends up, but it's not bad. That ending though! The ED is pretty great.
 
#9
Jul 7, 6:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 702
Wonderful. I love it.
 
Jul 7, 6:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 4
OP is surely a incredible song from one of my favorite bands, but ED is just a meh song from a meh singer.
 
Jul 7, 6:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 180
JustACasualHater said:
OP is surely a incredible song from one of my favorite bands, but ED is just a meh song from a meh singer.

I’m the complete opposite. How is Aimer meh?
 
Jul 7, 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 4043
Don't know why so many people are shitting on the OP. The only bad part imo is the screaming at the very end.
 
Jul 7, 7:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 740
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Don't know why so many people are shitting on the OP. The only bad part imo is the screaming at the very end.



OP until 1:10 = Very good music!
OP after 1:10 = Why did you have to go so far? omg

 
Jul 7, 7:38 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 4043
AdrianRubinsky said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Don't know why so many people are shitting on the OP. The only bad part imo is the screaming at the very end.



OP until 1:10 = Very good music!
OP after 1:10 = Why did you have to go so far? omg



Yeah, cut out the screaming and it's a 10/10 OP. I was honestly worried that it would have been worse, but I'm glad that it only takes up 20 seconds of the song. I'd prefer if it wasn't there at all, but oh well I guess.
 
Jul 7, 8:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 173
OP is so out of the place, still I like it.
But I was hoping for something like that of 'Vikings', since it would suit the setting of the story.

ED looks gorgeous. Visuals and the vocal are amazing.
“Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.”
 
Jul 7, 8:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 1849
Nothing special. ED sounds like every Aimer song out there, while the OP is very forgettable.
 
Jul 8, 1:10 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2
The music alone is amazing if we don't talk about the Vikings theme of the show.
 
Jul 8, 5:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 20
What makes anime, in general, so distinct is how can they blend their style with other cultures or themes that are unrelated to Japan. That is why I love anime and find this opening amazing. It gives such a unique feeling that I can't really describe. I easily prefer this style of song to a Viking-ish or Scandinavian style song for Vinland Saga. In short, Opening is awesome.
 
Jul 8, 6:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8
Aimee! Yess, great song as always.
 
Jul 8, 9:04 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 513
Anybody knows when the full opening song is being released. It is one of the few times an opening has given me chills.
 
Jul 8, 9:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 880
the_DEMYSTIFIER said:
OP is so out of the place, still I like it.
But I was hoping for something like that of 'Vikings', since it would suit the setting of the story.

ED looks gorgeous. Visuals and the vocal are amazing.

Can't agree more. Afterall OP does portray the scenes of war with those screams.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

 
Jul 8, 9:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 131
bro, wtf is this opening, it's so damn good

any1 know when the full song coomes out
 
Jul 9, 12:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 17
I like the opening. It doesn't fit the setting but visuals are great. After few replays I started to Like the OP. Screaming part is meh tho.

ED is neat too.
 
Jul 10, 12:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1135
Am I the only one that thinks the opening fits the savagery? I even like the screaming, which is rare for me. Really expresses Thorfinn's raw emotion/anger at the end.

Ending is nice. Last 5 seconds tho.
 
Jul 10, 12:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 46292
when i first heard the OP i was like wtf is this tryhard song but after hearing the full OP version (not the full song) its not that bad and its growing on me

the ED is nice too
 
Jul 10, 12:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 1346
The op isnt a bad song, I recognize the production effort, but doesnt fit and end of the story. Would have been better something more folkloric, anthem-esque or simply orchestral.

The ED is slightly less fitting. But whatever, it´s not like their decisions are affecting the anime content wich is in 3 episodes a super great adaptation despite a couple of wierd cgi moments.
 
Jul 10, 1:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 1441
The OP song is too edgy.
I was expecting something like rock maybe with vikings folklore sounds.
Heck even Denmark's song that competed in Eurovision 2018 feels like a
better match for an OP imo.

ED is...eh, okay I guess.
 
Jul 12, 2:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 29
Suduha said:
bro, wtf is this opening, it's so damn good

any1 know when the full song coomes out


I think it comes out August 21.
Modified by Arethusa_Vespera, Jul 13, 6:49 PM
 
Jul 13, 5:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 374
According to MAL goobers harsh vocals = edgy. Stay wild everybody, it's a decently good OP.
What a beautiful Duwang
 
Jul 13, 5:53 AM

Online
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 890
Sound nice I like it:)

X s t a s y

“I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours”
―Cheshire Cat

 
Jul 13, 8:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 449
lolilove the op, with the scream and all cus is something characteristic to the band
but i'm not fan of the ending
is okay but the singer never been on my liking
The spider is watching
 
Jul 15, 3:40 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 9
Tbh, I don't really think the OP song fits very well. Sounds really good, but I think a Folk/Viking Metal song would fit much more. For example:





The ED, on the other hand, is really beautiful. I really like it
 
Jul 15, 10:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 67
I really like both the OP and ED. I can honestly say the emotions that both were trying to convey were presented so nicely it was to the point that I was watching the trailer, hadn't even watched the show yet, the ED song came on and I was tearing up. That's the point of an OP, ED, and OST. It's to enhance the experience and touch you on an emotional level so you understand and relate to the story. That's what so great about manga adaptions into anime. The story comes to life with the help of direction, animation, and music. In my opinion, I think these were great choices.
 
Jul 16, 9:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 470
I really really enjoyed that OP. Ending is good, but I'll be definitely skipping it
 
Jul 16, 3:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 8019
I love the OP
 
Jul 18, 7:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
OP is good thought, maybe you guys right the scream sound edgy but that describe how is thorfin. Don't be overexaggerate.
 
Jul 19, 1:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 7
OP is perfect for what Thorfinn becomes. Has to be one of the top OP of this season. ED is forgettable but alright for this show.
 
Jul 19, 5:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 52
Both are amazing i've been listening to them on repeat i just can't wit for the new episodes now!

Don't really understand why people dislike the op for the screaming i think it fits really well! also Aimer never dissapoints what a voice!
 
Jul 19, 9:22 AM

Online
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 352
Tbh the OP and Ed is pretty average imo.
"If there's a hole, I wanna go into it" -Flame dude
"Truth was, I just didn't want to get any blood on the porn" -Chainsawman
 
Jul 19, 12:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 29
The OP+ED are one of, if not THE best OP and ED this season. I was pretty ehhhh on both but after listening to them 2-3 more times, I can't get them out of my head lol.

Vinland Saga is going to be a masterpiece. I'm so happy such amazing songs were chosen for the next AOTS.
 
Jul 19, 12:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3239
They've got a story set in Iceland during the time of the Vikings, and yet they use the same old edgy nu-metal shit you hear in every fucking anime. Either base the songs on the traditional folk music from the region, or use something more universal and timeless like regular western classical. The songs aren't bad by themselves, but they just don't go with the show. They sound way too contemporary and trendy for a show like this.
 
Jul 20, 8:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 83
FloodBasalt said:
They've got a story set in Iceland during the time of the Vikings, and yet they use the same old edgy nu-metal shit you hear in every fucking anime. Either base the songs on the traditional folk music from the region, or use something more universal and timeless like regular western classical. The songs aren't bad by themselves, but they just don't go with the show. They sound way too contemporary and trendy for a show like this.

Look at it from a marketing/business standpoint. Japan, popular bands, fan bases. You really shouldn't be surprised. Don't get me wrong, I'd like the same thing, but these things happen man.
"There is no light for those who do not know darkness" - Takuan Sōhō
 
Jul 20, 9:13 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 35
I love Eme, she's a spetacular singer.

The opening was pretty good, but I think they ruined the music with those screams in the end.

Holy cow.
 
Jul 20, 6:48 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 35
I love the OP -- usually not a fan of screamo, but it just works so well with the vid. The pan to the night sky coupled with the accompanying keyboard (?) and our protags scream seems to echo the music, the emptiness of the sky & the carnage on the ground. My favourite scene.
 
Jul 20, 9:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 124
Lululand said:
I love Eme, she's a spetacular singer.

The opening was pretty good, but I think they ruined the music with those screams in the end.

Holy cow.
True. But the MC is pretty edgy
 
Jul 20, 9:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3239
Elucid said:
FloodBasalt said:
They've got a story set in Iceland during the time of the Vikings, and yet they use the same old edgy nu-metal shit you hear in every fucking anime. Either base the songs on the traditional folk music from the region, or use something more universal and timeless like regular western classical. The songs aren't bad by themselves, but they just don't go with the show. They sound way too contemporary and trendy for a show like this.

Look at it from a marketing/business standpoint. Japan, popular bands, fan bases. You really shouldn't be surprised. Don't get me wrong, I'd like the same thing, but these things happen man.

Yeah, at the end of the day, anime is a business and not just art. And those singles CDs aren't going to sell themselves. Gotta appeal to the tastes of the target demographics.
 
Jul 21, 11:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1717
Opening is edgy af... I like it, even the screaming at the end, lol.

Ending is all right, though nothing too special IMO. I usually like Aimer but I didn't think this song was that great.


What's the difference?
 
Jul 22, 2:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 248
Survive Said the Prophet is amazing as always. And Aimer's voice is lovely as always.
 
Jul 25, 8:36 PM
Online
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 57
Found what probably is the full oppening. Not a looped version or a fan edit, but it is a from a radio broadcast.


 
Jul 26, 2:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 83
Tougen said:
Found what probably is the full oppening. Not a looped version or a fan edit, but it is a from a radio broadcast.



Since this is very metalcore and includes screamo, a lot of people will be turned off.
For me? THIS BANGS
"There is no light for those who do not know darkness" - Takuan Sōhō
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

Preview MangaManga Store