Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Things you find problematic/annoying/weird with the story so far? (not a bait)

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Post New Reply
Jul 12, 4:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 74
I just consider it a show for 10 years old children. the manga also looks like it was written by a 10 year old.
 
Jul 12, 6:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 959
inim said:
Also the "cool landscapes" (the animation is good quality, no doubt about that part) to me look like isekai.

I think they look way better than regular isekai ones, although I'm not in a good position to judge, because I haven't seen much isekai shows. However if I were to compare Dr. Stone's landscapes to those isekais I have already seen then Dr. Stone looks better for me (yeah, I know it is not an isekai).
 
Jul 12, 8:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 11
AzorAhai said:
1) Stone humans still lying around on the surface:
- No trace of mankind remains after 3700 years, which is hardly something you'd hardly doubt would happen. It's pretty much impossible even for a stone not to corrode or remain in one place for nearly 4 millennia! I'd hope the story somehow explains this in the future, but right now it's too unrealistic, even for a world where everyone magically turned into stones, to believe that all those stone people are not buried deep underground!
2) Sanity.
- MC, his mad scientist friend and it seems several others (from ED) have been stoned for 3000 years yet they were conscious during the whole period. Considering that the person hasn't lost his mind during ANY of this time...ever, it's incredibly frustrating to see a person emerge from stone as they were imprisoned for a week or a month. It would take years for a normal person to come in grasps with reality and fully realize what happened and where they are right now. Wouldn't you question your very existence and literally EVERYTHING during that time? I can't even imagine what a person can think about for 3700 years lol, ALONE with themselves!
3) Annoying parts.
- MC only thinks about boning his GF. To hell with the world, to hell with parents (unless he's the typical solo-orphan character with no one in the world), to hell with the new wild environment. "how long has it been?" "so it did happen to everyone?" - Forget all that! Gotta find mah gf i've been thinking about for the last 3000 YEARS! The power of boners man...
- Scientist MC thinks about becoming the king of the new world. As if he's just been teleported into one of those farming/city-building simulator games. The fact that 3700 freaking years have passed and the civilization is dead - we're just gonna look over it; shit happens man, gotta move on. The characters take the new world and the time that they spend imprisoned - just too lightly! No trauma, no fear of the unknown, no grief. Just a walk in the park! One character wants to bone a girl, other wants to rule the new world. One is ridiculously smart; another is super strong. Difficulty level:Easy/very easy

P.S before shitposting, know that i don't hate the show and will keep watching it (since i'm in love with post-apocalypse theme); and maybe even read the manga (which is still ongoing...-_- how "unexpected")


100% agree, the only likeable character as of now is Senku, Taiju is obnoxious but not in a likeable way as with Asta from BC. TBH way overhyped and not as good as anime like Vinland or Fire Force.
 
Jul 12, 8:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 191
Dude, the way you are only answering the people who gave bad answers just makes you look like a troll. Plus you are way to rude for someone who just wants to "discuss".

I don't know if it's just me but you definitely don't like this show.

It's shounen. Some things don't make sense like this guy said:

DoruCatana said:

Hunter x Hunter- Killua, 12yo, an assasin, he kills someone, and Gon, his friend, wants to save him and be a good friend for him.

The promised Neverland- 12yo kids or younger with great minds who outsmart adults and demons.

Attack on Titan, 12-15 years old kids that are better to fight Titans than trained soldiers.


But ofcourse, they all have their redeeming qualities and this one also has a lot.
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

 
Jul 12, 8:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 502
It makes zero sense that every animal is fine and running around yet he had some birds that turned to stone. Even in the second episode it has some birds alive and flying around. But perhaps this will be further explained?
 
Jul 13, 9:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 29
Swizze said:
It makes zero sense that every animal is fine and running around yet he had some birds that turned to stone. Even in the second episode it has some birds alive and flying around. But perhaps this will be further explained?


It won't be explained. Clearly the bird was needed only for the plot, so Senkuu could test the liquid that unfreezes people. Very poor writing in that sense; the stone thing either applies to all living things or just to humans, you can't turn some birds into stone but let the others alive just because you felt like it (I mean, you can, but it's bad writing, a sort of deux ex machina). All worlds should be consistent, even in shounens, even worlds in which people turn to stone magically.

Also, everyone turns to stone with their clothes on and when they come out of the stone they're naked; the clothes somehow desintegrate. And Yuzuriha somehow still retains that hair accessory but not her clothes. Zero logic. So much science involved in this story, but common sense is not used much for the premise.
 
Jul 13, 11:47 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 968
Here is what I see that's annoying:

1. when they got petrified, it also included their clothes, so if Senku and Taiju were to be unpetrified it should also include their clothes.

2. Only Sparrow got petrified but not other birds, fishes and mammals.

3. Sanity as mentioned by AzorAhai , yes I kinda agree with him, if you're conscious while being in a petrified state, you loose you mind in matter of months and you probably wished that you're dead.
 
Jul 13, 10:26 PM
JoJokester

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 139
Is this your first anime
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

 
Jul 14, 12:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 10
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
1. when they got petrified, it also included their clothes, so if Senku and Taiju were to be unpetrified it should also include their clothes.

No, no clothes where petrified what are you talking about ? The stoning light was obviously aiming to specific species not to fabrics use your brain.

JiangHaoyi1979 said:
2. Only Sparrow got petrified but not other birds, fishes and mammals.

This is hella obvious that the guy(s) who petrified humanity was testing it on sparrows, it was basically hinted in the first episode with taiju's flashback.

JiangHaoyi1979 said:
13. Sanity as mentioned by AzorAhai , yes I kinda agree with him, if you're conscious while being in a petrified state, you loose you mind in matter of months and you probably wished that you're dead.

Every single atoms of there body was petrified but this is not a regular stone I don't wanna spoil you lol.

Here are they, those ''I should watch dlthis without paying attention to subtle details and thinking all the mystery should be answered in the FIRST EPISODE and if they are not, come to forums and begin to complain'' that's sad.
 
Jul 14, 3:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 637
@Bloe
Dude, the way you are only answering the people who gave bad answers just makes you look like a troll. Plus you are way to rude for someone who just wants to "discuss".
I'm mostly answering to "bad" answers since simply spamming "yeah, i agree with your point of view" or "thanks for agreeing to my pov" to everyone with similar opinion is a waste of time! That clearly went over your head right? But gotta make some assumptions that clearly don't make you look like someone who got triggered...
Plus i'm rude? I was moderately rude to just one troll who's later reply was even removed by moderators. So you basically "cry" about me being a troll/rude/not liking the show/"it's a shounen". If you have read more than 1 of my replies, you'd know my point of view about "it's a shounen" part or "not liking the show" part, but you better whine about my personality or me being a troll rather than to discuss the topic in more than 2 unoriginal and blunt sentences!

And "I" am a troll after this...
Modified by AzorAhai, Jul 14, 3:56 AM
 
Jul 14, 4:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 66
this obviously isn't bait and anyone saying it is is willfully ignorant
moe moe ichijou seiya

 
Jul 14, 5:11 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5099
Phantom24 said:
100% agree, the only likeable character as of now is Senku, Taiju is obnoxious but not in a likeable way as with Asta from BC. TBH way overhyped and not as good as anime like Vinland or Fire Force.

Then you should be happy because Senkuu is the MC and he won't be leaving the story for some time unlike other characters.
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
2. Only Sparrow got petrified but not other birds, fishes and mammals.

Sparrows were probably test subjects of whoever one who petrified whole humanity.
 
Jul 14, 2:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
Hafexo said:
Dont you notice that this is made into slight comedy? And what kind of personality have MC?
Jeez just use your fucking brain sometimes


Telling someone to use their brain when they are literally using it while watching the show and not consuming and accepting everything that happens without a question like you. Gosh the irony here.
 
Jul 16, 4:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 470
I'm just sort of confused as to how I'm meant to personally engage/interact with the show.
I like how it tries to act "logical" at times but all that makes me think about is how interesting but stupid the premise (particularly how on earth people are still alive) is and it just starts falling apart.
It tends to come off as more of a turn your brain off anime to me rather than the bastion of scientific knowledge in application (on the writer's part) a number of people praise it to be (cause that would imply consistency).
Being ridiculous is fine. Being inconsistent in your ridiculousness is another.
If I find out I'm not supposed to take it seriously as a science show...not that I expect much or anything from shounen jump writers.. then I think I might be gucci.

There's one other more major thing I have an issue with..Senku (?) referred to soap as Dr. Stone...
The show is freaking called SOAP.
WHY THE HELL IS NO ONE CALLING THIS SHOW 'SOAP' ALREADY???? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU DAMMIT?
Do memes mean nothing to you?
Aptu.. I spit in the face of you, the anime community. You have failed this society. You have failed this planet. Smh.
Modified by JudoJD, Jul 16, 4:28 PM
1.1.Six
 
Jul 16, 6:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 208
Sometimes your opinions fail when you start connecting it into reality. This series is clearly supposed to be a fun sci-fi series. To overthink things like that is really out of place.
 
Jul 16, 6:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1151
>over analyzing an over the top show with a ridiculous premise that doesn't take itself too seriously

Never change mal

I would have taken these complaints seriously if the show is serious but it clearly isn't.
 
Jul 16, 7:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 959
I was quite positive with a dose of skepticism at first as well, but later I reminded myself that it is a shounen. And as a shounen those inaccuracies really are not a big thing. They might look sometimes quite dumb in the eyes of adult viewers, but once again - it is a shounen. I know some people used it as the most significant argument which could annoy many of those who disagreeded, but that's how it is. Would you be angry at teens complaining about boring or cringy plot of a seinen anime, even if it was a show about dunno, existentialism with its elements taken 100% seriously and presented in a proper way for older viewers?
 
Jul 16, 8:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 229
MakoChoppo said:
Is this your first anime



Manga Stats
Days: 8.9
Mean Score: 7.91

Reading
4
Completed
1
On-Hold
4
Dropped
5
Plan to Read
1

Total Entries15
Reread0
Chapters1,601
Volumes92


What is your point?
no lie
 
Jul 17, 11:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 123
If you think there are problems with the story now, just keep watching. It is gonna get WAY worse lol. If anything the first couple episodes are actually pretty good and make sense, relatively speaking of course.
 
Jul 18, 5:16 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 87
MoodBooster said:
MakoChoppo said:
Is this your first anime



Manga Stats
Days: 8.9
Mean Score: 7.91

Reading
4
Completed
1
On-Hold
4
Dropped
5
Plan to Read
1

Total Entries15
Reread0
Chapters1,601
Volumes92


What is your point?

y did u post the man's manga stats when u were talking ab anime
is it perhaps bc he actually has much more anime watched than u
 
Jul 18, 5:16 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 87
MoodBooster said:
MakoChoppo said:
Is this your first anime



Manga Stats
Days: 8.9
Mean Score: 7.91

Reading
4
Completed
1
On-Hold
4
Dropped
5
Plan to Read
1

Total Entries15
Reread0
Chapters1,601
Volumes92


What is your point?

y did u post the man's manga stats when u were talking ab anime
is it perhaps bc he actually has much more anime watched than u
 
Jul 18, 3:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1674
Honestly, this show is interesting but as a lot of people are making it clear, this show is SHOUNEN which is meant to appeal to a younger audience. So perhaps the 'plot holes' or explanations people demand are purposely left out simply because it would not appeal to most people to be honest. They could care less (at least most) they want something exciting. There are moments where ideas of perhaps dealing with the medical...even psychological effects of being trapped in stone for so long, even specific details in establishing a civilization, exploring topics such as sociology IS interesting to me, yes, to a younger audience probably not. I think they have done a pretty good job including these elements, however, even though it is a sprinkle I appreciate the thought gone into it.

Even the cast itself is pretty ridiculous. So far we have this...genius scientist who is literally a 'convenient' encylopedia of knowledge and this...'greatest primate' is not quite normal. Tbh, if those two were not there I highly doubt anyone would be left to build the civilization. Personally, I don't think this show was ever trying to be very realistic from the start especially considering this bizarre plot. While I do admit I wish it explored topics that would be more intended for mature audiences, some shows purposely stray from that in order to create a more entertaining show, and understandably. When you focus on certain elements it honestly becomes saturated with content and you risk losing the interest of your audience as most people watch for entertainment. At the cost of realism, yes, because it's what sells and it is marketed as.

I am skeptical as some sci-fi series honestly just make it all fun and games where I literally think it HAS TO BE a joke on purpose (looking at you Kakumeiki Valvrave), but I have high hopes.
Modified by EarlCiel, Jul 18, 3:45 PM
 
Jul 18, 10:00 PM

Online
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 240
Well it's a shounen you know, don't expect a logical plot.
 
Jul 20, 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 542
Those points I all thought of as well. But after watching the first couple episodes and seeing how illogical and unrealistic, it seems to be much more focused on the FI rather than the SI in si-fi. Plus with all the comedy I don't think this anime is really meant to be taken seriously in the first place. At least I won't. I hope it's being a joke on purpose.
 
Jul 20, 1:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 412
Phantom24 said:
AzorAhai said:
1) Stone humans still lying around on the surface:
- No trace of mankind remains after 3700 years, which is hardly something you'd hardly doubt would happen. It's pretty much impossible even for a stone not to corrode or remain in one place for nearly 4 millennia! I'd hope the story somehow explains this in the future, but right now it's too unrealistic, even for a world where everyone magically turned into stones, to believe that all those stone people are not buried deep underground!
2) Sanity.
- MC, his mad scientist friend and it seems several others (from ED) have been stoned for 3000 years yet they were conscious during the whole period. Considering that the person hasn't lost his mind during ANY of this time...ever, it's incredibly frustrating to see a person emerge from stone as they were imprisoned for a week or a month. It would take years for a normal person to come in grasps with reality and fully realize what happened and where they are right now. Wouldn't you question your very existence and literally EVERYTHING during that time? I can't even imagine what a person can think about for 3700 years lol, ALONE with themselves!
3) Annoying parts.
- MC only thinks about boning his GF. To hell with the world, to hell with parents (unless he's the typical solo-orphan character with no one in the world), to hell with the new wild environment. "how long has it been?" "so it did happen to everyone?" - Forget all that! Gotta find mah gf i've been thinking about for the last 3000 YEARS! The power of boners man...
- Scientist MC thinks about becoming the king of the new world. As if he's just been teleported into one of those farming/city-building simulator games. The fact that 3700 freaking years have passed and the civilization is dead - we're just gonna look over it; shit happens man, gotta move on. The characters take the new world and the time that they spend imprisoned - just too lightly! No trauma, no fear of the unknown, no grief. Just a walk in the park! One character wants to bone a girl, other wants to rule the new world. One is ridiculously smart; another is super strong. Difficulty level:Easy/very easy

P.S before shitposting, know that i don't hate the show and will keep watching it (since i'm in love with post-apocalypse theme); and maybe even read the manga (which is still ongoing...-_- how "unexpected")


100% agree, the only likeable character as of now is Senku, Taiju is obnoxious but not in a likeable way as with Asta from BC. TBH way overhyped and not as good as anime like Vinland or Fire Force.


Fire Force is a pretty bad manga, the animation hide it right now but how long the illusion will survive ?
Don't like the manga for Stone too. Not that bad, but annoying.
Vinland is awesome tho.
 
Yesterday, 2:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 2
MehmetY said:
Well it's a shounen you know, don't expect a logical plot.


Yeah, so is AoT. What is your point?
 
Yesterday, 2:40 PM

Online
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 240
ThousandCuts said:
MehmetY said:
Well it's a shounen you know, don't expect a logical plot.


Yeah, so is AoT. What is your point?

Yakusoku no Neverland is a shounen too but exceptions do not break rules.
 
Yesterday, 4:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 18
Particularly, the last episode had some points that made me uncomfortable.

First, the fact that Tsukasa has already become a villain. Although the previous episode gave us hints that this was going to happen, I was expecting he would keep cooperating with Senkuu to awake other people and only fight each other later in the show.

Second, the way Yuzuriha reacted after awakening. She accepted the situation way too quick, without getting desperate about the fact that she's in a stone world. All we get is a little flashback in the 'Budda' scene, but still felt way too unrealistic.

Third, unfortunately it seems Taiju is turning into a bland comic relief character. At first, it was interesting that he did not understand what was going on so Senkuu could explain it to the viewers, but the way he behaved in this episode really made him look like a clueless idiot.

Last but not least, how the hell Tsukasa figured out they faked their escape and were planning to build a weapon? Again, it felt unrealistic.

That being said, I don't know what to expect from the series now. I though the main objective was to awake other people and rebuild civilization, but now it seems they'll focus on finding a way to stop Tsukasa... I hope they don't take too long to get rid of him.
 
Yesterday, 8:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 1
How is it that there are humans on the inside of the stone statues once the fluid has been applied but if you smash them open it is just stone inside.

This really annoys me when I watch but I still love it so far.
 
Today, 2:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 2267
I decided to check out what was the fuss about after checking out forums [feels like people are people really dividend in int]regarding this series.After reading 20+ chapter i can safely conclude this series is clearly aimed towards very very young audience[5th or 6th grade audience].This manga is very simple even for shounen standard and it is very unapologetic about it.They pretty much seal love interest,friendship,bromance,etc from chapter 1.Not a bad thing i am just not a right audience for it i can clearly see young people enjoying it.After reading manga and this thread i can't help but to laugh that some people are taking this too seriously like way too seriously.
Modified by ultravigo, Today, 2:14 AM
 
Today, 3:18 AM

Online
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2590
I guess the lack of people breaking down, crying their fucking hearts out because they were encased in stone for 3,700 years lol

MC woke up like, "Yep, I'm going to explore." Would've loved to see him and some other characters curl up into a fetus first and rock themselves for comfort before getting their shit together.
Modified by Bibimbapski, 27 minutes ago
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.
 
Today, 8:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 577
stop over analyzing anything, the concept of this anime is really great, unique and if we think about it, this series is hard to make but and it is amazing we can see something like this

@AzorAhai sorry but your taste is shit like all anime ratings
◕‿◕)♡ Visit my modded list \(^▽^)/ Guide to rate anime ♡(◕‿◕
 
10 hours ago

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 25
Hafexo said:
Just stop looking for problematic/annoying/weird things in such show - watch and enjoy

Seriously I sometimes think that people only want nitpicking


about your question no.3

Dont you notice that this is made into slight comedy? And what kind of personality have MC?
Jeez just use your fucking brain sometimes

Just because you are brainlessly consuming whatever is put in front of you doesn't mean others shouldn't criticize it.
"It's just comedy" isn't an excuse for everything that is illogical in anime or any other media (by the way, what the hell is "slight comedy"? Lmao). And getting personal wasn't necessary.
I really hope you are trolling.

v_max said:
I don't get it. You have rated Promised Neverland a 10/10. But you didn't have any problems with <12 year old kids being super smart or even worse how does
, It is a very fictional thing which you can find only in Anime and seemed weird to me personally.

It's not exclusively fictional, just exaggerated. Your lack of knowledge doesn't mean something doesn't exist.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_child_prodigies
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthymesia
Sincerely, another person that rated The Promised Neverland a 10/10.
Modified by Xelith, 9 hours ago
 
9 hours ago
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 88


I am aware of what Hyperthymesia is(saw it in the Discovery channel once). The way I remember it is a person starts to keep complete record of everything after a certain point in time.The trigger in one case was a baseball hitting a person's head.If you look at all cases, they all remember things after 10 years or 11 years old or something like that.There is no case of a person obtaining the symptom from birth or very soon after.Hyperthymestic syndrome is not fully understood yet and scientists are researching about it.The question of whether you can contract the syndrome before a certain age is very significant because the human anatomical development is in different stages.
It is very much possible that it can happen anytime Irl.But as it is right now it exists only in the fictional realm because there are several questions that scientists are still trying to answer.
When Jules Verne wrote his 'From the earth to the moon' the concept itself was purely fictional but very soon man did make it to the moon Irl.If you go back in time to 1900, people will think you are high on drugs if you talk about modern quantum mechanical phenomena.

I don't mind the criticism.There is a thing called 'Setting' of the show.I just wish people took the time to let the show explain it's setting before criticizing it.Sci-fi is more of a secondary theme and what the show is going for is not 'realisitic' elements.Lot of people saying 'it's just shounen'.I'll admit they should be more elaborate but what they are trying to say is that there are shounen like Deathnote or AoT which have more realistic elements which appeal to the older audience more while at the same time there are kiddy shounen like Fairy Tail.The age group that is being targeted is 8-16 yrs primarily.Why don't we all have threads about the scientific accuracy of Doraemon if that's the case?
This show uses 'Science' as a weapon or tool just like how other shows use 'Magic'(which I am sure <13yrs old wouldn't care about the difference between the two). The only problem I see here is people confusing what the show is trying to achieve and their own personal preferences.I am a science student myself and it is really cringy when someone says '10 billion percent' or 'gasoline is just a polymer with the ends cut off' but I don't complain because they are all consistent in what the show is primarily trying to achieve(a.k.a a show for kids/teenagers).

 
8 hours ago

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 25
v_max said:


I am aware of what Hyperthymesia is(saw it in the Discovery channel once). The way I remember it is a person starts to keep complete record of everything after a certain point in time.The trigger in one case was a baseball hitting a person's head.If you look at all cases, they all remember things after 10 years or 11 years old or something like that.There is no case of a person obtaining the symptom from birth or very soon after.Hyperthymestic syndrome is not fully understood yet and scientists are researching about it.The question of whether you can contract the syndrome before a certain age is very significant because the human anatomical development is in different stages.
It is very much possible that it can happen anytime Irl.But as it is right now it exists only in the fictional realm because there are several questions that scientists are still trying to answer.
When Jules Verne wrote his 'From the earth to the moon' the concept itself was purely fictional but very soon man did make it to the moon Irl.If you go back in time to 1900, people will think you are high on drugs if you talk about modern quantum mechanical phenomena.

I don't mind the criticism.There is a thing called 'Setting' of the show.I just wish people took the time to let the show explain it's setting before criticizing it.Sci-fi is more of a secondary theme and what the show is going for is not 'realisitic' elements.Lot of people saying 'it's just shounen'.I'll admit they should be more elaborate but what they are trying to say is that there are shounen like Deathnote or AoT which have more realistic elements which appeal to the older audience more while at the same time there are kiddy shounen like Fairy Tail.The age group that is being targeted is 8-16 yrs primarily.Why don't we all have threads about the scientific accuracy of Doraemon if that's the case?
This show uses 'Science' as a weapon or tool just like how other shows use 'Magic'(which I am sure <13yrs old wouldn't care about the difference between the two). The only problem I see here is people confusing what the show is trying to achieve and their own personal preferences.I am a science student myself and it is really cringy when someone says '10 billion percent' or 'gasoline is just a polymer with the ends cut off' but I don't complain because they are all consistent in what the show is primarily trying to achieve(a.k.a a show for kids/teenagers).

Yeah, which is why I said it was exaggerated. It's an existing condition, but it's definitely been reimagined.
I get that, and I wasn't actually criticizing Dr. Stone at any point nor agreeing with OP, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't point out what he thought was wrong with the show because he should "just watch it". What grinds my gears is people excusing every single mistake and inconsistency "because it's comedy", "don't like it don't watch it", "just enjoy it as it is". We are all humans and we can think for a reason, and that sometimes leads to certain conclusions. You can't say a show isn't bad just because it's shounen or comedy. There's good and poorly done shounen, too. I personally think Dr. Stone is... okay? It's definitely not a masterpiece and doesn't deserve the attention it's getting, but it does its job too.
 
8 hours ago
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 88
Xelith said:
]
Yeah, which is why I said it was exaggerated. It's an existing condition, but it's definitely been reimagined.
I get that, and I wasn't actually criticizing Dr. Stone at any point nor agreeing with OP. What grinds my gears is people excusing every single mistake and inconsistency "because it's comedy", "don't like it don't watch it", "just enjoy it as it is". We are all humans and we can think for a reason, and that sometimes leads to certain conclusions. You can't say a show isn't bad just because it's shounen or comedy. There's good and poorly done shounen, too. I personally think Dr. Stone is... okay? It's definitely not a masterpiece and doesn't deserve the attention it's getting, but it does its job too.


When you just slap a link like that,it can be easy to misinterpret what you want to say.That said I also gave single-lined replies earlier.Yeah I agree with you.Two types of people in this thread here: 1)It's just a shounen comedy. 2.)The show is unrealistic for a Sci-fi
Personally I hate both of them equally and things would be much better if people could have long neutral discussions instead of shoving their tastes and biased opinions in people's asses.

 
8 hours ago

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 25
v_max said:
Xelith said:
]
Yeah, which is why I said it was exaggerated. It's an existing condition, but it's definitely been reimagined.
I get that, and I wasn't actually criticizing Dr. Stone at any point nor agreeing with OP. What grinds my gears is people excusing every single mistake and inconsistency "because it's comedy", "don't like it don't watch it", "just enjoy it as it is". We are all humans and we can think for a reason, and that sometimes leads to certain conclusions. You can't say a show isn't bad just because it's shounen or comedy. There's good and poorly done shounen, too. I personally think Dr. Stone is... okay? It's definitely not a masterpiece and doesn't deserve the attention it's getting, but it does its job too.


When you just slap a link like that,it can be easy to misinterpret what you want to say.That said I also gave single-lined replies earlier.Yeah I agree with you.Two types of people in this thread here: 1)It's just a shounen comedy. 2.)The show is unrealistic for a Sci-fi
Personally I hate both of them equally and things would be much better if people could have long neutral discussions instead of shoving their tastes and biased opinions in people's asses.

Ah, I think you read that before I edited it. My bad.
I agree with that, this was supposed to be a discussion and honestly I was really disappointed reading this thread.

Bibimbapski said:
I guess the lack of people breaking down, crying their fucking hearts out because they were encased in stone for 3,700 years lol

MC woke up like, "Yep, I'm going to explore." Would've loved to see him and some other characters curl up into a fetus first and rock themselves for comfort because getting their shit together.

I agree one hundred percent. That being said, I expected this show to be more mature than it really was, so that's probably my fault.
Modified by Xelith, 8 hours ago
 
7 hours ago
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 315
Every character is annoying. The character design is awful. The whole "stone thing" is not consistent. First, they depicted it as the stone is just a thin coverage, like and egg, which can break, and then you are free. Later, when the muscular guy killed the people (by crushing them apart), there whole body was dense stone... Makes no sense at all.

The scientific part makes no sense too, which is weird, since the series pretends to be "sooo scientific", and Senku "will beat fantasy with science". Since everybody became stoneman, there were nobody to maintain the nuclear power plants, which should have been melted down by the time. By natural disasters, nature destroyed all buildings too, so radioactive materials should have go outside from the reactor cores. This means that the whole planet should be a nuclear wasteland after 3700 years...

The pacing is terrible, the characters get over on every problems immediately. They behavior is not realistic at all.

Literally everything is wrong in this piece of shit so far.
 
6 hours ago
Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 2
also, what are the logistics of age...im assuming they didnt age during the time they were in the stone, so once theyre awake theyll start aging normally...right? But in that case, if that girl the buff dude is so obsessed with is in still in the stone, very soon theyre gonna cross into some weird pedophilic territory....
 
Top
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]