Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 6, 2019 6:47 AM

Feb 2016
Hi, I would like some recommendations or some hidden gems, i feel like i am letting passing many games
My list so far
Horizon zero dawn/GOW 4
Uncharted/Batman Return to Arkham/Arkham Knight
KINGDOM HEARTS All-In-One Package
Sekiro/marvel's spider man/Tomb raider/Tales of berseria.
Strider.
Red Dead Redemption/Persona 5 I still plan to play previous games
Also if anyone already have played NieR: Automata/Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age/ONE PIECE World Seeker said if is worth.
Felix-sanJul 6, 2019 1:53 PM
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
Jul 6, 2019 7:22 AM

May 2018
GOD 4? Is it GOW 4? Yes, Nier Automata is worth it.

Here's my other recommendation.

Difficult games:
Dark Souls and Bloodborne

Stealth:
MGS V, Dishonored 1 and 2

Indie games:
Journey(very short, I completed it within 2 hours of my first play through)

Hack and slash:
DMC 5 especially if you enjoy the prequel

Turn based combat gameplay:
Persona 5

Survival horror:
RE 2 remake

Papa_ScorchJul 6, 2019 8:06 AM
Jul 6, 2019 7:57 AM

Apr 2015
The Gravity Rush games are pretty great, you should try those. Very good PS exclusives imo.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 6, 2019 8:02 AM

Nov 2016
Felix-san said:
Hi, I would like some recommendations or some hidden gems, i feel like i am letting passing many games
My list so far
Horizon zero dawn/GOD 4
Uncharted/Batman Return to Arkham/Arkham Knight
KINGDOM HEARTS All-In-One Package
Sekiro/marvel's spider man/Tomb raider
Red Dead Redemption/Persona 5 I still plan to play previous games
Also if anyone already have played NieR: Automata/Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age/ONE PIECE World Seeker said if is worth.

The entire Yakuza series, but start off with Yakuza 0.
Nioh
Jul 6, 2019 8:35 AM
May 2018
DOOM
The Last of Us remastered
Rayman Legends and Shovel Knight if you're into 2D plat-formers

As for FF12 the zodiac age, it's decent but i honestly got bored a bit quickly, but I prefer it to FF15
Jul 6, 2019 1:53 PM

Feb 2016
^^^ Noted..........
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
Jul 6, 2019 8:38 PM

Feb 2019
Dragon Dogma, it has the best magic system of any action game and you get to design your own follower and pick two other players followers to come with you.
Jul 7, 2019 8:37 PM

Jul 2017
A great hidden gem is Apotheon. Amazing visuals and Greek Gods lore (hell Zeus is the final boss xd), plus it has some good gameplay

Also think you should try out Shadow of the Colussus. Again has some amazing visuals (probably one of the best I think I've seen) and the gameplay is nice. Kinda short game though

Another good short game is Ether One, pretty unique puzzle style game with a very eerie setting (was honestly ready to get jump scared out of nowhere despite it not being a horror)

Nier is a pretty good game, enemies can get a bit repetitive but it's still pretty fun
Jul 7, 2019 10:44 PM

Dec 2013
Nier automata IMO is the best ps4 game
The music is best of best
The story is superrr
The experience is woww

Jul 8, 2019 10:30 PM

Mar 2009
Yakuza, which has this super serious (and epic and awesome) drama storyline, and then all the side quests are just totally random and insane, so don't rush through the game. Yakuza 0 is a good place to start (it's a prequel, for one, and it's like, $20). The entire series is PlayStation exclusive.

Dragon Quest Builders 1 and 2 (due out this week) are incredibly fun, delightful, and charming games, I always recommend them when I get a chance. The first game is probably $20 now.

Zero Escape, which is in two collections (The Nonary Games and Zero Time Dilemma). If you haven't played these combo visual novel/escape room games, do it! For more visual novel fun, also try Danganronpa. You DO need to play both series in order though.

Spyro: Reignited Trilogy, if you never played the games back in the day. On the negative, this will eat hella space on your harddrive (because only game 1 is actually on the disc, you're basically downloading 2 and 3)

Banner Saga is great if you like strategy RPGs.

Also, if you missed Valkyria Chronicles on PS3 the first time around, definitely pick it up here (it's got all the DLC and WAY faster load times). And unlike the Kingdom Hearts series (where you need to play the other 8 games before you play #3), you can skip right to Valkyria Chronicles 4 if you liked 1 (they take place at about the same time but in different regions of fictional Europe).

For PSN only downloads, definitely pick up classic PS2 game Dark Cloud 2 (no need to play 1, 2 is better anyway, imo). Rogue Galaxy is another classic Level-5 RPG from PS2 era.
If you're into comedy point and click adventures, the old Lucas Arts classics have gotten remasters: Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, and Day of the Tentacle.
For some online multiplayer tower defense action, Dungeon Defenders 2 is a must (it's also free).
Nex Machina is a fantastic twin stick shooter.
Journey is a fantastic mood piece and a must experience.
Infamous: First Light is a short but sweet prequel to Infamous: Second Son (play that one too)
Oceanhorn is a fun, albeit a bit flawed, Wind Waker clone.
Psychonauts is another classic PS2 platformer that should be getting a sequel soon too. You can usually get it in sales for $5 or so.
Hatoful Boyfriend is one of the weirdest dating sims out there.

More topics from this board

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - Apr 19

6 by KenaiPhoenix »»
1 hour ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

52 by goodtasty »»
2 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3506 by goodtasty »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

8 by Astachanna »»
3 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

12 by _untitled »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.