Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 5, 2019 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
Since apparently I can't bump the previous thread about Sony's censorship, I'll just have to start a new one.

This time, it's Crystar. Another game that I didn't even know existed.
And yet, I feel compelled to purchase it on Steam now, simply out of principle.

Someone outside of their target audience really needs to start standing up for these devs. Their usual crowd alone won't have enough reach.
If we don't stop this shit now, it will only keep getting worse. Feel free to accuse me of fearmongering, if you want.
Jul 5, 2019 10:59 AM

Jun 2014
I've always hated on the Switch, but ironically, Nintendo isn't censoring their games as much this time around, which is funny, because back when I was a kid, Nintendo was the one censoring everything, and Sega was the better choice for uncensored stuff. There's no guarantee, but I may buy a Switch on Black Friday later this year, but then again, the high price of its games puts me off.

Sony needs to get out of California. Why is it okay to have games with extreme gore, but showing some skin(specifically in Japanese games) is not okay?

Jul 5, 2019 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
The funny thing is that I was playing Witcher 3 yesterday, and the very first thing you see (after the initial cut-scene) is a guy in a bathtub staring at a naked ass.
The game literally starts with an ass-shot.

And it's on a proper rendition of a human being. Not an anime character. An actual 3D model of a woman.

I don't get it. Maybe I'm just too old for this shit...
Jul 5, 2019 12:07 PM

Apr 2015
This is getting ridiculous, Sony is just proving more and more they hate anything that comes from Japan, none of these games they've unjustly and unfairly censored have actual nudity or sex either. But it's perfectly fine, like Seiya said, for some reason, to have games where there's huge amount's of gore? But no ecchi scenes or ecchi games?
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 5, 2019 12:51 PM

Jan 2008
If you're up to date with anything Sony/Ps4/JRPG/VN, you'll know that there's basically a new Ps4 game getting censored like every other week. I think the one before Crystar that I can remember was Date A Live Rio. Maybe FF7R if you want to include the Tifa's boob debacle.

Seiya said:
I've always hated on the Switch, but ironically, Nintendo isn't censoring their games as much this time around, which is funny, because back when I was a kid, Nintendo was the one censoring everything, and Sega was the better choice for uncensored stuff. There's no guarantee, but I may buy a Switch on Black Friday later this year, but then again, the high price of its games puts me off.

Sony needs to get out of California. Why is it okay to have games with extreme gore, but showing some skin(specifically in Japanese games) is not okay?

A couple days ago, Nintendo just announced they won't censor third party games. As for their own properties, well we'll have to see what happens I guess. I only just bought a switch myself so I haven't been up to date with anything Nintento censorship related since Xenoblade and FireEmblem's censorship.

As for the gore discussion. Not really sure if it means anything in this matter but if you look at Japan, they constantly have gore and violence censored/adjusted from their games compared to how are the US/global versions. Some examples being Mortal Combat, Resident Evil and even the Metal Gear Solid franchise having its notable share of censorship. Though I don't keep track of anything related to the Japanese gaming community so I'm not sure how vocal they are about it compared to the west with how censorship towards nudity has been as of late.
PaulJul 5, 2019 5:05 PM
Jul 5, 2019 2:51 PM

Nov 2008
Sony is run by a team that's worse than and more inconsistent than Twitter. There's also the fact that there's nothing written down in which a developer can easily sue them for making them censor their games and Sony cannot make any excuses stick as there is no proof (no proof is the worst thing to have in a court of law). The lawyers will probably come for them over this eventually.

Jul 5, 2019 6:09 PM

Apr 2016
Well thankfully there's other ways to purchase the game such as on Steam. I will more than likely purchase Sony next console, but at the same time i plan on buying a Switch pro (if the rumors are true) and build myself a PC. Once a game comes out i can simply purchase it on a platform that's less restrictive than Sony.
Jul 5, 2019 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly it's just 0.5 seconds of the opening video, but knowing Sony I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be way worse on release.
Also Crystar is awesome. Art by Riuichi and music by Sakuzyo.
Jul 5, 2019 9:22 PM

May 2018
Nothing is gonna change, Sony is still gonna sell a lot because of its brainless fanboys and the cucks defending the censorship because they are not the target audience.
Jul 5, 2019 10:00 PM

Nov 2008
This wasn't the main reason, but the PS4 will probably be my last PlayStation. Almost everything from nu God of War to Spider-Man bores me. Will probably just stick with PC and maybe Nintendo going forward. At least Nintendo remembers what fun is.

Jul 5, 2019 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
Ezekiel said:
This wasn't the main reason, but the PS4 will probably be my last PlayStation. Almost everything from nu God of War to Spider-Man bores me. Will probably just stick with PC and maybe Nintendo going forward. At least Nintendo remembers what fun is.

What about bloodborne and the other samurai game about some Dutch guy?

O/T I didn't buy a PS4 because I thought that Xbox would have more/better exclusives but nah you get a gay ass mech game that went down in quality hard after 3 and a racing game which tbh you'd get more thrill by just driving a car on a state highway.
Jul 5, 2019 11:13 PM

Aug 2009
I just want to reiterate how cool it is to have the Senran Kagura games on PC; even if I don't like Intimacy Mode, I like knowing that I have the option.

Veneficia said:

Nioh came to PC.

Jul 6, 2019 12:30 AM

May 2014
another weeb trash game with no substance created for the lowest common denominator
Jul 6, 2019 1:16 AM

Dec 2017
Sony getting triggered by 0.5 seconds of footage lmfao
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Jul 6, 2019 3:30 AM
May 2019
I will never understand why do companies feel a need to censor their games.
Jul 6, 2019 6:14 AM

Jan 2009
Xstasy said:
Because of restrictive laws. If they don't censor them, they're losing the rights to sell them in a given country. Blame the ones deciding what is harmful for young people and people in general like the "Federal Department for Media Harmful to Young Person" over here and not the companies complying to those country-specific restrictions.
Jul 6, 2019 6:22 AM
May 2019
Noboru said:
Xstasy said:
Because of restrictive laws. If they don't censor them, they're losing the rights to sell them in a given country. Blame the ones deciding what is harmful for young people and people in general like the "Federal Department for Media Harmful to Young Person" over here and not the companies complying to those country-specific restrictions.

But there aren't any laws in US that require Sony to censor their games that I'am aver off.
Even Nintendo doesn't censore the games that Sony does.
Jul 6, 2019 6:28 AM

Jan 2009
Xstasy said:
But there aren't any laws in US that require Sony to censor their games that I'am aver off.
Even Nintendo doesn't censore the games that Sony does.
I don't know the legal situation in the USA, but I'm pretty sure that there are some restrictions on the First Amendment.

Which games for example? I can't imagine there being any violent or lewd Nintendo games.
Jul 7, 2019 3:14 AM

Jul 2009
Jul 7, 2019 4:07 AM

Feb 2012
Paul said:
I only just bought a switch myself so I haven't been up to date with anything Nintento censorship related since Xenoblade and FireEmblem's censorship.

I think Xenoblade is censored only in Chronicles X and Super Smash. You can definitely get as many panty shots as you want in Xenoblade 2 and it has the original costumes and I think swimsuit DLC (though I haven't bought that yet). However there is a NPC (I believe added with an update) that gives you an item called "Massive Melee Mythra" that gives the Super Smash Bros outift for Hikari (aka Mythra). That's however a completely optional extra outfit and more of a cross promotion.

Translation does change a lot of terminology, but I don't think it tried to eliminate "anime humor", more so than having some bad decision like thinking that it's a better idea to have a character act like a dog than doing the imouto-routine.
Jul 7, 2019 2:07 PM
Aug 2018
This censorship business is a big problem for me, I am actually considering selling my PS4 & buying the Switch. The whole PS Plus going up in price and the monthly "free" games being worse & worse in quality only adds to my decision.
Jul 7, 2019 8:38 PM

Feb 2019
Seiya said:
Nintendo was the one censoring everything

How could they do Fatal Frame 5 like that?!
Jul 8, 2019 1:47 AM

Nov 2008
Veneficia said:
Ezekiel said:

Bloodborne, while good, is my least favorite Souls game. Nioh came to PC. I never finished it. Lost interest trying to beat that giant toad.

Feb 13, 2021 4:14 PM
Dec 2017
And it still is going to this day and its going to be their downfall.

More topics from this board

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - Apr 19

6 by KenaiPhoenix »»
2 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

52 by goodtasty »»
3 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3506 by goodtasty »»
3 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

8 by Astachanna »»
4 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

12 by _untitled »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.