Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 5, 2019 11:30 AM

Dec 2018
Man that episode was hype. I was expecting a more grand: 'shinjitsu ni totatsu suru koto wa kesshite nai', but whatever. The GER reveal was perfect and so were diavolo's reactions. Man, I can't wait for the next episode.
pog
Jul 5, 2019 11:49 AM

Sep 2014
Behold, the most OP Stand made its debut. Cannot believe they ended the episode there and now we will have to wait three weeks for the end...

Also, glad they are still keeping the tradition with the SFXs in the openings.
Jul 5, 2019 11:53 AM

Sep 2017
This episode looked better than my whole life,finally we got to see Golden Experience Requiem in action. 5/5
The remake of Berserk is a mistake.
Jul 5, 2019 11:54 AM
Sep 2017
That OP was glorious, and

Also, Diavolo? Your inner Kamina is showing
TARDISESJul 5, 2019 12:00 PM
Jul 5, 2019 12:20 PM

Oct 2013
Marvelous episode! Animation has improved a bit since last episode. Everything looked great in how it was executed. If the effect was to put my jaw down because of excitement about what was happening, then I as, anime-only experienced that effect. Golden Experience Requiem is a powerful Stand and the way it trolled Diavolo was both funny and frightening because of how easy it was to surpass extremely King Crimson's powers.

We could say a final "goodbye" to Bruno Bucciarati. He was not only a perfect leader of a team, but modernism importantly he was one of the best characters in "Vento Aureo". Sometimes it felt as if he was the real protagonist of this anime and I had no problems with that. Rest in Peace

I'm glad the tradition of inserting SFX into the Opening was preserved.

So, next episodes (and the final ones at the same time) will be released after 3-weeks long break? Too bad we need to wait after such a great episode, but it might also imply that this show's finale will be taken on with a flourish and deserved epicness. So let's not complain - let's believe in David Production who has been in charge of JoJo anime adaptations for all those years and produced such great adaptations.
Jul 5, 2019 12:26 PM

Jun 2017
Weakest finale fight of the series

Jul 5, 2019 12:28 PM

Feb 2013
Diavolo is going down!
Jul 5, 2019 12:46 PM

Dec 2017
Finally Gold Experience Requiem!
I really hope next episode we will get a Traitor's Requiem GER version.
Jul 5, 2019 12:51 PM

Feb 2011
Masterful execution of the fight by the anime staff. I'm sure the fight itself has a deeper meaning & symbolism. Truly an episode worthy of being called the climax of the series.
Jul 5, 2019 1:14 PM

Jun 2014
Goddamn just when you think Giorno can't get any more broken......

I agree that this has been quite the odd (or should I say, bizarre) final boss fight, but even if it's considered the weakest of the series, I'm going to be sad once it's over. The anime has done a great job of making this fight extremely enjoyable. Too bad we have to wait 3 weeks to see the end T_T

And RIP Bruno. One of my favorite things from this anime was hearing Yuuichi Nakamura scream out "STICKKKKKKKYYYYYYY FINNNNNGAAAAAAAAAAAS," and Bruno was just a cool character overall in general, so he'll be dearly missed.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 5, 2019 1:16 PM
Jan 2016
When the king of time was about to leave a crimson rake, god came with a requiem to make it all fake.
Despite being more anticipated, this feels even cheaper than the moment when Jotaro stopped time.
On the other hand, this proves how Polpo's test had no tension at all.
And from my viewpoint, it's the final evidence of how the protagonist was favored by the plot from the beginning.

Note apart, Bruno's final departure could have been way more impactful if it was done when he actually died.
PedroBV96Jul 5, 2019 3:25 PM
Jul 5, 2019 1:16 PM
May 2017
All what i can say about this beautiful episode is: muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda
Jul 5, 2019 1:19 PM

Jun 2015
Amazing animations. As good as the first episodes I would say.
Jul 5, 2019 1:43 PM

Jul 2010
Sad about Bucciaratti but, finnally krl, see Diavolo almost cry is amazing.
Sounds like Giorno like Jotora and Diavolo like Dio (and I started with Part 5 and watching slowly the beggin)
Jul 5, 2019 2:51 PM
May 2016
Elder god-tier ep! Fuck me, the animation was so damn good! The entire first half was absolutely stunning and the animation was trippy as all hell for GER, especially that ability showcase. Holy shit, I adored every bit of this ep. The music choices were so perfect and the great art and animation really elevated everything. Fuck man, Bruno's death was perfect, the bit with the clouds blowing out to reveal the arrow in Gio's hand too, god daaamn.
Jul 5, 2019 2:55 PM
Sep 2018
Nidhoeggr said:
Time for GER, the most broken Stand in all of JJBA.

Obligatory

Hearing Giorno's VA also do GER was unexpected, but I'm not complaining. The "Return to zero" sequence was great, both the look of the animation and Diavolo realizing just how ridiculously powerful GER really is. The fight itself wasn't too memorable in the manga (well, there barely is a fight) but DP really did the finale justice.

Well, I guess we didn't see the finale quite yet. Knowing what's coming up, I almost feel sorry for Diavolo. I wonder how the episode is going to look with three weeks of prep time, given that they're also working on another action-heavy show this season.

also ger wouldnt be able to beat green green grass of home fite me
Jul 5, 2019 2:56 PM
May 2016
Nidhoeggr said:
Time for GER, the most broken Stand in all of JJBA.

Part 5 has had overall the most consistently good fights in the entire series, but the final fight is just very lame. Thankfully DP saved it with some excellent directing once again.

Honestly this. As much as I love part 5 in general I think the finale was lacking in a lot of ways (Narancia's death scene, the pacing of the final fight in general with the payoff coming a bit too quickly, and the ending as a whole) but DP have been doing so much right to make everything come together so well. They've really elevated the part as a whole so far, god I hope they give it their all for the final ep.
Jul 5, 2019 2:59 PM

Apr 2011
THAT 10 SECOND MUDA WAS EPIC!
Jul 5, 2019 3:08 PM
May 2016
Hatsuyuki said:
Masterful execution of the fight by the anime staff. I'm sure the fight itself has a deeper meaning & symbolism. Truly an episode worthy of being called the climax of the series.

It does, I can't wait to sperg out about it when next week's ep is out since the symbolism between both Gio and Diavolo makes their final battle and Diavolo's fate in particular surprisingly poetic on top of being brutal.
Jul 5, 2019 3:12 PM
Feb 2018
i knew already bucciarati is a walking bodies but cmon man , its sad to see him flew to the golden clouds
Jul 5, 2019 3:14 PM

Sep 2018
The episode was really great and I loved it, but there's one thing that's bothering me. If you're gonna have two Stands who are gonna go Requiem mode, and they're called Silver Chariot and Gold Experience, why are their stronger forms not called Silver Requiem and Gold Requiem? WHY WOULD YOU CALL IT CHARIOT REQUIEM ARAKI? The opportunity was right there!
Donphan-senpaiMar 1, 2020 3:45 AM
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Jul 5, 2019 3:32 PM
May 2016
Metallica_Nero said:
I wouldn't call GER an asspull and it wasn't as bad as Star Platinum The World since it was foreshadowed long ago. However, I'm still not a fan of it regardless.
Also, I expected to hear some new epic soundtracks but they used old OST for the transformation scene, like wtf?
I'm honestly disappointed, it was beautifully animated but overall I'm not a fan of how they handled the episode.

What was wrong with the OST used? Fierce Fight was timed so fucking perfectly with the unveiling of Gio from the cloud, Gio's theme when GE cracked open to reveal GER's eye was UNF too. Also there WERE new themes, the choir for Bruno ascending and the orchestral arrange of Diavolo's theme when he tried to make his counter-attack are new tracks. The OST worked super well this episode.
Jul 5, 2019 4:15 PM

Apr 2015
this was somehow really boring. I can say that I enjoyed every single other episode more than this one.
Jul 5, 2019 4:18 PM

Aug 2018
Modernoir said:
Metallica_Nero said:
I wouldn't call GER an asspull and it wasn't as bad as Star Platinum The World since it was foreshadowed long ago. However, I'm still not a fan of it regardless.
Also, I expected to hear some new epic soundtracks but they used old OST for the transformation scene, like wtf?
I'm honestly disappointed, it was beautifully animated but overall I'm not a fan of how they handled the episode.

What was wrong with the OST used? Fierce Fight was timed so fucking perfectly with the unveiling of Gio from the cloud, Gio's theme when GE cracked open to reveal GER's eye was UNF too. Also there WERE new themes, the choir for Bruno ascending and the orchestral arrange of Diavolo's theme when he tried to make his counter-attack are new tracks. The OST worked super well this episode.

Bruno ascending theme was used at least in episode 16 and 21.
Normally, one would expect a "Gold Experience Requiem" ost. Something specifically made for his reveal moment.
Jul 5, 2019 4:21 PM

Feb 2014
Giornos hair was on fleek this ep
Jul 5, 2019 4:48 PM

Jul 2012
Finally we can see Gold Experience Requiem but still I find this episode quite boring

RIP Bucciarati.
Digimon is the best Isekai
Jul 5, 2019 4:48 PM

May 2012
Seeing GER animated is a dream come true, amazing episode.

Also yes, just as some have already explained, GER ability is basically "Return to 0". You can also think this ability in terms of cause and effect, it basically nullifies the effect only leaving the cause (Keep this in mind, it will be helpful when you see next episode)
Jul 5, 2019 4:51 PM

Jul 2014
Hatsuyuki said:

Diavolo thinks only the results matter, hence King Crimson skipping to the moment that Diavolo does something and ignoring everything else in-between.

Giorno asserts that his teammates' actions on the way to the moment he got the arrow have equal or more meaning than the results, hence GER being able to negate the skip and force Diavolo to deal with the build-up.

Vento Aureo is probably more of a conflict of ideology and themes than any character driven story, honestly, because from a character perspective, this confrontation between Giorno and Diavolo is a bit flat.

PedroBV96 said:
When the king of time was about to leave a crimson rake, god came with a requiem to make it all fake.
Despite being more anticipated, this feels even cheaper than the moment when Jotaro stopped time.
On the other hand, this proves how Polpo's test had no tension at all.
And from my viewpoint, it's the final evidence of how the protagonist was favored by the plot from the beginning.

Note apart, Bruno's final departure could have been way more impactful if it was done when he actually died.

There is no indication that Polpo's arrow would have given Giorno GER at that time. This is a different arrow and furthermore, we saw GE get pierced by the arrow while fighting Black Sabbath. He didn't have the motivation to achieve Requiem at that moment.
Jul 5, 2019 4:53 PM

Jul 2013
First, RIP Bucciarati. Even though I don't think his death was supposed to be sad (not at least in the same way than Narancia and Abbacchio at least), it was still heartbreaking seeing my favorite main character of this Part (and from JoJo in general) dying. The fact that he was technically dead all this time after Venice arc may have helped to accept his death. Hopefully eternal happiness awaits you in Heaven, best capo.

Second, I know lot of people disliked this fight in the manga, but I liked it myself, and the anime made it better. Diavolo's monologues and breakdown were on point, the animation was good and GER's OP mindfuck powers in motion were a sight to behold . GER's talking was just great.

Third, waiting these three weeks for the last episode is not going to be easy. Both for the waiting and because it will be time to say goodbye to Vento Aureo. I have liked all the animes of JoJo (the ones DavidPro has made at least), but this may easily be my favorite one of them all. I have spended so many good times all those months with it, that telling farewell to it will be hard. I hope DavidPro gives us a version of Fighting Gold or Uragirimono no Requiem sung by all the JoJo singers as a final gift, but in the case it doesn't happens, I wouldn't mind, as they have done a great job adapting this Part.
Jul 5, 2019 5:15 PM
Jan 2016
Hobgoblin2099 said:

There is no indication that Polpo's arrow would have given Giorno GER at that time. This is a different arrow and furthermore, we saw GE get pierced by the arrow while fighting Black Sabbath. He didn't have the motivation to achieve Requiem at that moment.

I wasn't meaning that it would activate the requiem or not, but that Giorno wouldn't die if the arrow Black Sabbath had would have pierced him, since he already had Gold Experience. This is someting confirmed in the previous part when Kira was pierced by the arrow his ghost father had.
PedroBV96Jul 5, 2019 5:30 PM
Jul 5, 2019 5:35 PM
Nov 2016
PedroBV96 said:
Hobgoblin2099 said:

I wasn't meaning that it would activate the requiem or not, but that Giorno wouldn't die if the arrow Black Sabbath had would have pierced him, since he already had Gold Experience. This is someting confirmed in the previous part when Kira was pierced by the arrow his ghost father had.

The arrow would kill giorno it was hurting him the arrow choose kira that was different
Jul 5, 2019 5:40 PM
May 2017
Because of how broken King Crimson is, Araki has to create an even more OP and broken stand just to defeats King Crimson in the final arc.

The same thing he did to Star Platinum, by giving it the ability to stops time in order to defeats DIO.

Jul 5, 2019 5:48 PM
Jan 2016
thewatcher974 said:

The arrow would kill giorno it was hurting him the arrow choose kira that was different

Because this present arrow didn't left him a hole in the torax before getting the requiem. And different arrows excuse nothing.
Jul 5, 2019 5:55 PM
Jan 2016
KotarouDL said:
Because of how broken King Crimson is, Araki has to create an even more OP and broken stand just to defeats King Crimson in the final arc.

The same thing he did to Star Platinum, by giving it the ability to stops time in order to defeats DIO.

One question: Which of the two moments you felt cheaper from your viewpoint?
Jul 5, 2019 6:09 PM
May 2017
PedroBV96 said:
KotarouDL said:

It's hard for me to say, but I would say it's definitely Jotaro's moment
After DIO said: "So your stand is the same type of stand as I am" or something like that, Jotaro just go: "So that's mean I can stop time like you eh?" and BAM! Jotaro got his ability to stop time right at the end of the arc out of NOWHERE!

Giorno is a little different because of the arrow, he actually accomplished something so he deserves the requiem buff.

That's just me though, correct me if I'm wrong.

Jul 5, 2019 6:23 PM
Jan 2016
KotarouDL said:

After DIO said: "So your stand is the same type of stand as I am" or something like that, Jotaro just go: "So that's mean I can stop time like you eh?" and BAM! Jotaro got his ability to stop time right at the end of the arc out of NOWHERE!

Giorno is a little different because of the arrow, he actually accomplished something so he deserves the requiem buff.

First of all, the one who said "So your stand is the same type of stand as I am" was Jotaro, and the one who said something like "So that's mean I can stop time like you eh?" was DIO when he realized Jotaro stopped time.

And of course, it won't be just you, but in fact most who will think this way and have an actual reason for it.

Now, from my viewpoint, I feel Gold Experience Requiem cheaper because although is presented as an asspull, by giving Star Platinum the exact same power as The World, technically Araki putted Jotaro on equal foot with DIO. The case of Giorno on the other hand is that, despite being actually anticipated, Gold Experience became practically a god, being able to undo King Crimson's power.
Jul 5, 2019 6:31 PM

Jul 2014
PedroBV96 said:
KotarouDL said:

Jotaro.

That said, Jotaro learning how to move in stopped time didn't lead to an instant win. He had to build up to the win, and DIO still slapped him around.

Here Giorno got the arrow and then Diavolo instantly gets rekt.
Jul 5, 2019 6:43 PM
Jan 2016
Hobgoblin2099 said:

Jotaro.

That said, Jotaro learning how to move in stopped time didn't lead to an instant win. He had to build up to the win, and DIO still slapped him around.

Here Giorno got the arrow and then Diavolo instantly gets rekt.

This is another way to put it. I never felt like Giorno had to build up to the win, he simply needed to get the arrow and be done with Diavolo.
Jul 5, 2019 6:48 PM
May 2017
PedroBV96 said:
KotarouDL said:

First of all, the one who said "So your stand is the same type of stand as I am" was Jotaro, and the one who said something like "So that's mean I can stop time like you eh?" was DIO when he realized Jotaro stopped time.

And of course, it won't be just you, but in fact most who will think this way and have an actual reason for it.

Now, from my viewpoint, I feel Gold Experience Requiem cheaper because although is presented as an asspull, by giving Star Platinum the exact same power as The World, technically Araki putted Jotaro on equal foot with DIO. The case of Giorno on the other hand is that, despite being actually anticipated, Gold Experience became practically a god, being able to undo King Crimson's power.

Well you got a point, I felt the same thing too.

Araki basically wrote himself into the corner, so he has to do something to get himself out of the mess that is King Crimson. It's not like he has any choice though, he need to finishs his manga and he decided to use a similar method as part 3.

Jul 5, 2019 7:09 PM

Dec 2014
well bucharati descended ..... nice Giorno became the all powerful...hmmm can not wait for the finale
Jul 5, 2019 7:10 PM

Feb 2016
KotarouDL said:
PedroBV96 said:

Araki basically wrote himself into the corner, so he has to do something to get himself out of the mess that is King Crimson. It's not like he has any choice though, he need to finishs his manga and he decided to use a similar method as part 3.

This is way different than that of part 3 (which I do consider the biggest convenience of all JoJo). This is actually more like how Kira got his 3rd bomb. The arrow can be as useless as how useful it can be. It works depending on what the user is going through.

As an example, imagine if Bruno were about to get pierced by this arrow while being really hungry and he wanted to eat pizza, so his stand would get a power up regarding pizza. You can also say that one of SCR's abilities was to get the Arrow far from the wrong hands no matter what.

I won't deny its incredibly broken and convenient. But at least, it didn't came out of nowhere like in Part 3.

Stands in Part 6 and 7 are more balanced and have an actual growth (although both parts have really powerful stands), so brace yourselves because it only gets better from now on :D
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 5, 2019 7:10 PM

Mar 2019
Godly episode. This is my favorite moment in the series.
Jul 5, 2019 7:13 PM

Oct 2013
Jotaro is Gary Stu of JoJo. Deal with it.

Everything important seen by him can be mastered by Jotaro himself in an instant, even if he has almost zero knowledge on that (i.e. fight with D'Arby the younger).

If Giorno was his enemy, I bet Jotaro would find a way to defeat him. Bah, what I am talking about: he would activate Star Platinum Requiem even without this special arrow, with full control over it of course. xD

Jonathan and Giorno have a lot elements typical for Gary Stu-like characters, but Jotaro is way ahead of them in that materia.
AdnashJul 5, 2019 7:18 PM
Jul 5, 2019 7:18 PM

Mar 2017
Am I the only one thought this was the weakest part since 1?
Jul 5, 2019 7:31 PM

Nov 2018
Such a good episode, can't wait to see what happens in the hour-long special

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jul 5, 2019 7:40 PM

Oct 2012
It's still sad even if we all knew Bruno is going to be dead :(

Gold Experience Requiem just hit Diavolo, should that be the end?
That's totally should be the end since Golden Experience Requiem power is just OP

2 episodes left, I hope no abrupt ending like the original
"Signature removed"
Jul 5, 2019 7:52 PM

Mar 2016
Golden FUCKING REQUIEM is here!! Diavolo gonna be catching more of these hands when the 1-hour long finale airs at the end of this month.
Jul 5, 2019 8:21 PM

Oct 2015
Can't believe Bucciarati is gone, I will miss him! I wanted him to be with Trish at the end, even if this show wasn't about romance. That Golden experience's requiem was awesome, Crimson never stood a chance.

Great episode!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 5, 2019 8:32 PM

Dec 2017
Modernoir said:
Metallica_Nero said:

Bruno ascending theme was used at least in episode 16 and 21.
Normally, one would expect a "Gold Experience Requiem" ost. Something specifically made for his reveal moment.

Who the fuck cares if it fits that well
Jul 5, 2019 8:44 PM

Apr 2016
This episode is so crazy, it definitely much better than the manga . I wonder how good the last episode gonna be since they got 3 week left maybe they can polish the last episode .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.